Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165690 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 12:50am On Nov 11, 2014
deols:

also, d waliyy can present his daughter/ward to a man for marriage--Umar asked Uthman and then Abubakar to marry his daughter Hafsa after her husband died.They declined. he offered her to the prophet, who married her. Note-with her consent.

didn't Khadijah(ra) sent Nafeesah(her friend) to Prophet(saw) for the proposal I read something like that somewhere
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 12:56am On Nov 11, 2014
maclatunji:
Salam, I think in as much as we are talking about relationship between man and woman. We should also talk about rejection. It is not every proposal that will be accepted. How should a lady reject offers that she is not interested in? And how should the man accept it?

Personally, I think as a man if you are rejected you should ask for a genuine reason for it and accept in good faith. Immerse yourself in your work or some other form of positive distraction and move on. Or what do you think?

...and if no genuine reason stated,he should...?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 1:16am On Nov 11, 2014
maclatunji:

Okay bros. I will keep you in mind and should contact you soon. Thank you for the info.

@topic. I know we have a lot of quality people here (male/female) and there is really no need for some people to miss-out on each other as husband and wife (Remember to invite me for the wedding). There has to be a way for them to get introduced to each other and see what good may come out of it.

We all have to understand that this is not the romance section, if you are not ready to settle down and make headway in terms of marriage just read the posts and learn.

Now people, if there is anybody that you think you like and would want to get to know better, mention their names and if they are willing to give you a chance, Mukina2 should help you out. Fear Allah in all you do, this is not a place or time to joke or fool around.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 1:32am On Nov 11, 2014
maclatunji:

Unfortunately these services are scarce for Muslim youths in Nigeria. The best you can do is read relevant books. There is this great one that I always pack as a gift to some newly-weds. I have forgotten the name embarrassingly though.

I know of Muslim marriage guide by Rukayyah
marriage series(can't remember the author) etc
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 1:39am On Nov 11, 2014
deols:

now, how can i take dat grandmama view off my head  smiley smiley

actually, honestly am only all mouth concerning ds courtship thing. av neva bn in a relationship evn though i always wish dr is some1. My own point has always been dat I cant waste my time wv some1 i dont thnk i'll marry nd so wen a guy comes, doesnt meet my criteria nd I dont feel like I cld work it out, I just let go. Now, dats just like d point u make of dem not being the right persons. So, i can sit back nd hope dat He'll surface d day am ready.

hmmn! my real grandma must not hear dat ! lol she thinks I shld b married already  cool cool

I would like to meet my second 'Me'
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 1:48am On Nov 11, 2014
luqken:
JAZAKALLAHU KHAIRAN 4 THE POST AND ALL THE CONTRIBUTIONS.

HENCEFORTH THIS RELIGIOUS SECTION WILL BE MY FIRST POINT OF CALL WHENEVER I GET THE CHANCE TO VISIT NAIRALAND.

SOMEBODY WAS ASKING FOR THE BOOK ON MARRIAGE ISSUES.

ITS CALLED THE MUSLIM FAMILY (4 SERIES) BY MUHAMMAD AL-JIBALY

SR.1- The Quest for Love and Mercy (talks about Regulations for Marriage & Wedding in Islam )
SR.2- Closer than Garment (talks about Marital Intimacy According to the Pure Sunnah Covers the proper etiquettes of marital intimacy)
SR.3- The Fragile Vessels(talks about Rights & Obligations between the Spouses in Islam & Contains biographies of the Mothers of the Believers)
SR.4- Our Precious Sprouts(talks about Islamic Regulations 4 newborns).

THE BOOKS ARE INVALUABLE AND IT NEEDS TO BE READ OVER AND OVER.

I AM MARRIED AND I WISH I CAN SHARE ONE OR TWO AS CONTRIBUTION TO DEOLS CURIOSITY AS TO HOW TO COPE WITH RGDS TO COURTSHIP ISSUE(ITS NOT ROSY THOUGH)

Shukran,jazakallahu khair
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 2:13am On Nov 11, 2014
deols:
where are all d oda singles nawwwwwwwww. lets talk more plsssssss.

I really want to know how important the ffg are to every one here when considering a suitor for marriage.

a. level of education

b. finance/ employment/ type of job

c. social strata( upper, upper-middle, lower-middle, lower)

d. family heritage/ nobility.

A. I prefer someone of the same level with me or maybe higher cos I found it difficult to like any of my coursemate when I was in school talk less of 'dating' so to say
B. I found it difficult to say yes to most of the proposals I received back then,reasons known to Allah alone cos I really wished I had someone then but just didn't like them. I attended college(medical school) n most of the admirers were doctors or close to being one;n before I could consider to even stand to listen to the non-doc talk,ur look/height would av to be Fascinating...
But Alhamdulilah; seems I understand better now

C. don't wanna expose myself lol
D. Just want the good image
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 2:16am On Nov 11, 2014
maclatunji:
So, is there a shy girl here? Or you have just decided to share this with us?

Are u from IB?lol
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Empiree: 2:17am On Nov 11, 2014
clear throat....

dont know why i feel reluctant to comment here
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Empiree: 2:18am On Nov 11, 2014
Tayras:

I like Maclatunji but seems he is taken.....
shocked

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 2:41am On Nov 11, 2014
deols:

oya start nahh.

pls let's me have your contact; email,bbm

I pray we meet one day InshaAllah
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 3:04am On Nov 11, 2014
Empiree:
shocked

Compose a sentence pls
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 3:07am On Nov 11, 2014
Empiree:
clear throat....

Pls do; express yourself
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Empiree: 4:41am On Nov 11, 2014
why are you so worried?
Tayras:

Pls do; express yourself
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 8:12am On Nov 11, 2014
Hmmmmm cool cool sad....where do I start from now?...tayras and empire cool...the stage is yours now grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olamidey3(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2014
a question: can a muslim marry a christain bt her parents are muslims
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Davivah: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2014
Empiree:
why are you so worried?

i dont think she is; maybe she just want that smiley translated to words......lol wink
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 11:51am On Nov 11, 2014
olamidey3:
It's not permissible...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tayras:

Am somehow picky but not much Lil
I want him religious(I really want to learn from him too; at least listen to my recitation n remind me of some etiquettes) with loving,caring akhlaaq(xter), Tall(my height or taller cos am also tall),Good looks,neat/clean with good dress sense; great sense of humour(I love smiling);Eloquent in Speech and also generous to people generally...... Endless list really
May Allah grant me the one I will be so much contented with,and a companion to Jannah
May Allah gives you your heart desires....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tayras:

Am just reading this,n I would like to join
it is already late but you can join any of the whatsapp groups....apart from msms
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tayras:

Its hard, for someone like me. I respect myself n i appreciate the little i get from people. Its gonna be a disaster if someone turns me down
I doubt if any guy is gonna turn you down if you show interest... even if otherwise,he'll be polite with it.....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tayras:

I would like to meet my second 'Me'
so do you wanna tell me that you haven't been with any guy prior now....I doubt you...even as close to you as blossom friend grin grin grin# maybe possible sha.....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tayras:

A. I prefer someone of the same level with me or maybe higher cos I found it difficult to like any of my coursemate when I was in school talk less of 'dating' so to say
B. I found it difficult to say yes to most of the proposals I received back then,reasons known to Allah alone cos I really wished I had someone then but just didn't like them. I attended college(medical school) n most of the admirers were doctors or close to being one;n before I could consider to even stand to listen to the non-doc talk,ur look/height would av to be Fascinating...
But Alhamdulilah; seems I understand better now

C. don't wanna expose myself lol
D. Just want the good image

hmmmmmm.......too chosy .....I guess.....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 12:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
Empiree:
clear throat....

what I can I say ...than just hmmmmm....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olamidey3(m): 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
baba11:
It's not permissible...
ok
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Empiree: 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
olamidey3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7boA3baF2dg
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Ybholy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
Here are five crazy things most couples fight about:

1. Food

Maybe it’s because we need it to survive or maybe it’s because we’ve grown accustomed to certain tastes. Whatever it is, food is the trigger on the relationship AK-47. BANG! One second we’re happily discussing little Jimmy’s math meet and the next “DID YOU EAT MY ICE CREAM?” shoots from our pie hole and we’re instantly on the attack. If you’ve ever hidden Twinkies on the top rack of a broken dishwasher or performed a satanic ritual meant to keep your better half’s hands off your box of leftovers, you… have relationship food aggression.

2. Furniture

It’s hard to believe, but a corner hutch or an old man’s TV tray can inspire the latest episode of Snapped. Rearranging the garage, furnishing a house with in-law hand-me-downs, or using a lap table as a utility workbench in the middle of the living room can set the stage for huge so happy together (not) meltdowns.

3. Vacations

Whoever said vacations are a time to rest and relax has obviously never gone on vacation as a couple. Hell, no. From agreeing on where to go to squabbling over when to book the trip, vacations nearly kill some relationships. Add in a Drunken Dutchman with full Speedo exposure or lack of vacation insurance during an unexpected hurricane in paradise… you get the picture. You’ll need a vacation after the vacation. Or a good lawyer.

4. The Internet

All is fine in love until you discover “college b**bs” in the search history of your browser. Before jumping to conclusions or making assumptions, talk to your loved one and ask what they were smoking. Did they mean to search for young, firm boobies? Or were they on the hunt for college books? The Internet is a virtual playground, but sometimes there is a simple explanation for the snarky reply all email

5. Assumptions

You know that old saying “to assume makes an a*s out of you and me?” Oh, honey, it’s true. When we let our imaginations fly, we get ourselves into all sorts of trouble. a*s-umptions and miscommunication are at the root of most relationship quarrels. You can’t really assume that your partner knows how you feel or what you want. Even when they’re looking directly at you, don’t assume they’re listening. So you asked them to pick up a gallon of milk and maxi pads. They came back with a case of beer and Post-it Notes. At least you can jot down your next request and stick it to their forehead. When in doubt, speak up or forever hold your peace.

Culled From: http://.com/2014/11/11/5-crazy-things-couples-fight/
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tayras:

Are u from IB?lol

No. Oyo by heritage, Lagos by everything else. grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
It is like this thread came to life in the early hours of today. #Interesting.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
Empiree:
shocked

I am beginning to wish I am taken you know.

@Tayras, you are appreciated. Allah knows best and may he grant us the best spouses (Ameen).
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
olamidey3:

You should read this http://islamqa.info/en/21380

But it is not advisable, you would are likely going to:

1. Have your wedding in a church which is a religious ceremony (you cam't claim to be a Muslim at that point).

2. After "love" has cleared, your children are likely to be Christians. The woman is not likely to want them to be Muslims.

3. You mean you want to actually live that kind of life?

I suggest you study and understand Islam more. I know the feeling of "love" can be blinding but you should open your eyes. The explanation given in the link I gave you is more for Muslims in a country governed by Sharia where a Muslim would not have his wedding in a Christian ceremony or his children taken to church without his consent. I leave you to make your own conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olamidey3(m): 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
maclatunji:

You should read this http://islamqa.info/en/21380

But it is not advisable, you would are likely going to:

1. Have your wedding in a church which is a religious ceremony (you cam't claim to be a Muslim at that point).

2. After "love" has cleared, your children are likely to be Christians. The woman is not likely to want them to be Muslims.

3. You mean you want to actually live that kind of life?

I suggest you study and understand Islam more. I know the feeling of "love" can be blinding but you should open your eyes. The explanation given in the link I gave you is more for Muslims in a country governed by Sharia where a Muslim would not have his wedding in a Christian ceremony or his children taken to church without his consent. I leave you to make your own conclusions.
her parents are practising muslims, she told me it will b difficult for her to go back to islam, just hoping I can convince her

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.