Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165667 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tanimz(f): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
maclatunji:

Are you Nigerian?

Yup. smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
Tell us about you, nothing that is too personal though. Wacky characters full here.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tanimz(f): 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
That's a broad topic. Could you narrow it down?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
Describe yourself in 300 words.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2011
Hmmm?well,am looking for a deep muslim girl and not a surface muslim, surface muslims is kinda prevalent in the south west, i lived all my life in the north but am serving in the west so i know what i've seen so far,
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tanimz(f): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2011
maclatunji:

Describe yourself in 300 words.

That's a full page! tongue

Anyway, I'm not too old, but old enough. Don't have a career yet, working on it. I love kids, enjoy domestic chores. However, I do NOT want to be a housewife. I take things lightly, and could be a bit immature sometimes, so if you are heart-attack prone, we are no match.

I'm not ready to get married right away, I don't do long-distance relationships/courting.

Sorry, it's not up to 300 words, I can't really describe myself in words. I let other people be the judge. If you could ask specific questions,  I'd be able to help you better. smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2011
tanimz:

That's a full page! tongue

Anyway, I'm not too old, but old enough. Don't have a career yet, working on it. I love kids, enjoy domestic chores. However, I do NOT want to be a housewife. I take things lightly, and could be a bit immature sometimes, so if you are heart-attack prone, we are no match.

I'm not ready to get married right away, I don't do long-distance relationships/courting.

Sorry, it's not up to 300 words, I can't really describe myself in words. I let other people be the judge. If you could ask specific questions,  I'd be able to help you better. smiley

Thank you for trying. Goodluck with finding your ideal man in your neighbourhood.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tanimz(f): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2011
Thanks!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2011
undecided
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tanimz(f): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2011
Toba! cheesy
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2011
wetin i do?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba2nday(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2011
salam alaykum brothers and sisters, i just wanna say i so much love this thread, and the contributions that have been made so far.Though am not ready for marriage yet, i believe threads like this would go a long way in enlightening the single muslims, jazakallah khair to u guys and keep the thread active,
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tanimz(f): 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
toba:

wetin i do?

I just dey hail ni o bros.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tanimz(f): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
Is everything going well with you? smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Iliveon: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
While we are posting what we desire in a woman/man, we should try to post what you have to offer too. We should not be in a dreamland where it is all about what we want alone.We must be able to complement each other in every aspect and compromise where necessary. If you are searching and feel that something real could come out of this forum for you, why not post ur qualities and your contact ( one that you can always ignore if you want e.g e-mail address).
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2011
Yeah, we should say what we have to offer. itsound as a form of marketing and no any marketer will de market his or her products.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by adesqr(f): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
@moderator

why did u delete my post? embarassed
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
Waoh!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

dr are so many pple i wish I can reply but that wld b taking to much of my time.

@ bhusayor, u know I was hoping u cld join in d discussion all along not knowing uv bn following. smiley smiley

@ all new comers, it wld av bn more interesting if we had u on from d start but u all ignore d Islam for Muslim section nd wld only come when d topics get to d first page dats not good enough. We need ur contributions all d time. .SOmething tells me u'd yield smiley smiley cool
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2011
tanimz:

Is everything going well with you? smiley
yes my dear. went off to attend to some life issues

deols:

Waoh!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
kilo sele?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2011
toba:

yes my dear. went off to attend to some life issues
kilo sele?

I was intrigued by d numba of replies. .
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2011
Iliveon:

While we are posting what we desire in a woman/man, we should try to post what you have to offer too. We should not be in a dreamland where it is all about what we want alone.We must be able to complement each other in every aspect and compromise where necessary. If you are searching and feel that something real could come out of this forum for you, why not post your qualities and your contact ( one that you can always ignore if you want e.g e-mail address).

d reason for dat is, the thread ddnt start as a meet up zone But one to allow pple share ideas. But its a welcome idea to any1 who wishes to share such info.

to start wv, y'all can follow me ...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by amodu(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
I salute the master-mind behind this (Deols), also the maturity and the knowledge some of the muslim brothers and sisters in here posses, its quite laudable.

I also want to say a shout-out to my NL Oldies and friend MUKINA, its quite a long time.

Mine is simple and specific.

She must be:

A practicing muslim with Islamic background
Beautiful
Committed, responsible, caring and jovial.

Though not ready but you never can tell because ALLAH The SUPREME BEING and The ALL-IN-ALL in His MAJESTY is unpredictable.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Iliveon: 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
My wants in a woman - 1. Religious (i.e understand Islam to some extent and can read the quran, if not, willing to learn) 2. Intelligent 3. Educated (at least a graduate) 4. MUST come from a good muslim home 5. Beautiful (eyes of the beholder) 6. Financially independent (working class) 7. Humorous 8. Not-quiet kind of person 9. Average height 10. I can still compromise some things

My offer - 1. Im religious (i.e understand Islam and perform Islamic obligations) 2. Humorous 3. Intelligent 4. Educated (2nd degree holder) 4. Financially stable 5. Handsome "facially" (though not too tall but not dwarf definitely) 6. Came from a muslim home 7. m caring and supportive 8. m person loving 9. Emotional (bad me). e-mail id lpinahmed@gmail.com
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Mukina2, thanks for undoing the spam bot. However, I want my post restored in the real estate section. Sorry to go off topic.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Anvaller: 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2011
What a looooooooooooonng thread, something like a loooooong thing.

Good try by the initiator but how does this work when all xters exist virtually
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 16, 2011
@deols, I just followed you on twitter, buh wasnt able to send a personal msg, kindly follow back,

As regards contributing, I'm quite young for marriage,so I really dint see a point talkin about my man's qualities or mine, also, I'm not so knowledgeable about how issues like this should be done islamically, so I see this thread as a n avenue to to learn and get enlightened most especially because the active posters in here are learned n very intelligent.

I do visit this section very well and I know the active posters, and my admiration for you goes beyond initiating ds thread. I just contribute rarely.
Ma salam.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Lagosboy: 9:44am On Sep 16, 2011
bhusayor:

@deols, I just followed you on twitter, buh wasnt able to send a personal msg, kindly follow back,

As regards contributing, I'm quite young for marriage,so I really dint see a point talkin about my man's qualities or mine, also, I'm not so knowledgeable about how issues like this should be done islamically, so I see this thread as a n avenue to to learn and get enlightened most especially because the active posters in here are learned n very intelligent.

I do visit this section very well and I know the active posters, and my admiration for you goes beyond initiating ds thread. I just contribute rarely.
Ma salam.

Sister , how young is too young. As long as you are over over 16/18 in this current envrionement i dont think you could be too young for marriage. HEven here in the west the age of consent is 16 and you could get married at 16 with the consent of your parents and independently get married at the age of 18.

PErsonally , i dont believe education is a barrier to getting married as long as one can delay child birth for couple of years to finish ones studies. I have seen people do it successfully and it saves one from lots of sinful acts and prevent indecency.

And God knows best indeed.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 16, 2011
*smiles*, ok yeah I'm over 18 and I do understand that it prevents sinful acts as u stated, but I just don't see myself getting married,lol. I'm in my final year and even my project mate, an afar, as we usually call him once asked me what next after school and was surprised I dint say marriage. He also encouraged early marriage too and that further studies could be done in one's husband's house.I understood his points (same as u stated) but just laughed it off. He said he believs by the time I'm out of school n I get someone suitable, my orientation could change even befr service. He told me he knws parental factor could be a factor and I agreed. I can imagine my dad's attitude telling him I have a suitor and he wants to come and see you for to ask for my hand in marriage.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2011
bhusayor:

*smiles*, ok yeah I'm over 18 and I do understand that it prevents sinful acts as u stated, but I just don't see myself getting married,lol. I'm in my final year and even my project mate, an afar, as we usually call him once asked me what next after school and was surprised I dint say marriage. He also encouraged early marriage too and that further studies could be done in one's husband's house.I understood his points (same as u stated) but just laughed it off. He said he believs by the time I'm out of school n I get someone suitable, my orientation could change even befr service. He told me he knws parental factor could be a factor and I agreed. I can imagine my dad's attitude telling him I have a suitor and he wants to come and see you for to ask for my hand in marriage.

******Daddy looks at you calmly and smiles, he is actually contemplating from which side to slap you from or whether to go and give your mum a verbal tongue lashing for not preventing these crazy ideas from floating in your head******
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 16, 2011
*lol*
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zimdollar(m): 11:03am On Sep 16, 2011
what's with long list of requirements, can you also choose your destiny? this ugly people you pass by daily do need love too no matter they are of your religion or not. religion teaches us not separate but love including our enemies. who is perfect in here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.