Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend (5435 Views)

I Don't Know What To Say When I Talk To Girls. / My Neighbour Whose Husband Is Abroad Wants To Sleep With Me / My Neighbour Is Showing Me Green Light Despite The Fact That She's Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by questioner: 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Opinion needed here

I just got transferred back to Lagos in October last year and met this girl who is a secretary in one of our client office.
We sort of vibed and I asked her out, so we started dating early December.

On Christmas eve, I decided to spend the day at her place and on my way in, I met a familiar face driving in,
It was a guy who lived in the same hood with me before I left Lagos. We weren't friends really, more like acquaintance who greeted each other and knew each other on first name basis but never hung out together.
Apparently, he lives in the same apartment as my gf, He upstairs and they (my gf and family) downstairs. let's call this dude X.

When I told gf about X and how we once lived in the same area, she wasn't happy.
She said X was a bad guy and not the kind of guy to relate with bla bla.
I insisted that though I wasn't close to X, my impressions of him were an easy going dude, who rarely had trouble with anyone.

Beau insisted that he had a lot of friends coming around who were unruly and irresponsible and she just didn't like them.
I didn't really give it much thought since it wasn't like X was a close pal.

Last weekend, I had gone to pick her for an evening outing, we were outside when X was driving in again, I wasn't sure he saw me since it was dark,
so I decided to walk towards where he was parking to say hi, only for her to hold me back and insist she didn't want me to even greet him or have anything or discussions with him.
I acted chill and asked her why was she so persistence, she repeated the bad boy, rubbish guy talk.

Frankly all this has made me so curious and I am considering finding away to approach this guy and talk with him.

The opinion I need from esteemed peeps on this forum is -

1. Do you think I am being 'unnecessarily' curious by wanting to talk to X about my gf
2. If I do decide to meet him, How do you advise I broach the subject with him considering I don't even have his phone number and might need to go meet him at home
3. If you were in X's shoes would you consider it clumsy or agbaya behavior, me coming to meet you to ask about my gf - I am quite older than X, by my estimate, by 5 to 7 years or would you be cool with it

*Modified*
I think I should add here that X is recently married bout 3 months ago.
So I think it is unlikely they are CURRENTLY dating
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by peedeeasobie(m): 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
questioner:
Opinion needed here

I just got transferred back to Lagos in October last year and met this girl who is a secretary in one of our client office.

On Christmas eve, I decided to spend the day at her place and on my way in, I met a familiar face driving in,
It was a guy who lived in the same hood with me before I left Lagos. We weren't friends really, more like acquaintance who greeted each other and knew each other on first name basis but never hung out together.
Apparently, he lives in the same apartment as my gf, He upstairs and they (my gf and family) downstairs. let's call this dude X.

When I told gf about X and how we once lived in the same area, she wasn't happy.
I insisted that though I wasn't close to X, my impressions of him were an easy going dude, who rarely had trouble with anyone.

Beau insisted that he had a lot of friends coming around who were unruly and irresponsible and she just didn't like them.

Last weekend, I had gone to pick her for an evening outing, we were outside when X was driving in again, I wasn't sure he saw me since it was dark,
so I decided to walk towards where he was parking, only for her to hold me back and insist she didn't want me to even greet him or have anything or discussions with him.
I acted chill and asked her why was she so persistence, she repeated the rubbish guy, bad boy talk.

Frankly all this has made me so curious and I am considering finding away to approach this guy and talk with him.

1. Do you think I am being 'unnecessarily' curious by wanting to talk to X about my gf
2. If I do decide to meet him, How do you advise I broach the subject with him considering I don't even have his phone number and might need to go meet him at home
3. If you were in X's shoes would you consider it clumsy or agbaya behavior, me coming to meet you to ask about my gf - I am quite older than X, by my estimate, by 5 to 7 years or would you be cool with it

She's definitely hiding something. It could be they dated in the past or he knows something about her that she doesn't want you to know

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by jimmychang: 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nigga no looseguard.You are the man,take charge of your life or someone will control if for you.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by questioner: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
@ peedeeasobie and jimmychang
Thanks for your responses.
I am so happy with the quality of responses I am getting.

@ jimmychang
What do you mean by the part - someone will control if for you.
care to explain better

1 Like

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by tayo60(f): 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
She is dating d guy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by virginchaser(m): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
Whom dem never f**k should raise hands in the air.

1 Like

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Millimann: 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
Send a close pal to find a way to get close to Mr X. We should later tell X that he wants to ask your girl out and needs Mr X's opinion.

Just do it patiently, don't be in a rush. I've done a similar thing for a pal and some secrets came out. I'm sure there's something your girl is hiding from you.

16 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by DaddyRochie1642: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2023
Jonsing man,

That's how that girl will get pregnant for x and you'll think it's your baby.

Lemme tell you a secret, when a girl continuously speaks bad about a guy, it is BECAUSE THAT GUY IGNORES HER, AND DOESN'T GIVE HER HIS ATTENTION....you said it yourself that he even has a car,

You have no idea how crazy a woman gets when a guy with car completely ignores her like she doesn't exist.... She will even personally tell their last born in her family to never ever greet you again in this life grin grin.

That your yeye girlfriend wants that guy's attention so bad and she isn't getting it, and now she has discovered that two of you knew each other before and she wants you not to greet and associate with him.
-- she is doing this as a Means of getting back at Mr X for ignoring her all these while, now she doesn't want you to even greet him.

Oga mark my words, the day that your yeye girlfriend discovers that you guys now get along, just watch closely the drama that she'll cause for the both of you, don't be surprised that she will use it as an opportunity to confront that guy on why he is associating with you her yeye boyfriend and the guy will have to explain himself by replying her and in the process giving her that his attention that she had so much desired.

32 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by DaddyRochie1642: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
questioner:
@ peedeeasobie and jimmychang
Thanks for your responses.
I am so happy with the quality of responses I am getting.

@ jimmychang
What do you mean by the part - someone will control if for you.
care to explain better

It means that you're showing remarkable symptoms of being a bloody simp that will soon be used and dumped if you don't approach that Mr X and ask him the necessary questions grin grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2023
Lol.. new girl is definitely hiding thingzz from u cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by BigYash: 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2023
I hope you haven't invested much on her,because I see hot breakfast ahead of you. She is not stopping you ,cux of the lame excuses she gave. She is hiding something. But why is my mind telling me that she is a runs girl,and her neighbors ,including that very guy or his frds are aware of it? Use your head op, stop her from stopping you to becoming close pal with that dude

8 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by questioner: 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
tayo60:
She is dating d guy

I didn't want to add this part so that my cover doesn't get blown in case anyone I know reads this, but at this point, I'll take the risk

X just got married some months back, so I my hunch is, it might not be about X but perhaps someone X knows.

Also it made me more curious about why she's worried about X's so called unruly friends considering his married status would mean he won't get a chance to hang with them as much as he used to.

Do you think I should approach X and have a talk with him or should I keep observing?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by questioner: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
DaddyRochie1642:
Jonsing man,

That's how that girl will get pregnant for x and you'll think it's your baby.

Lemme tell you a secret, when a girl continuously speaks bad about a guy, it is BECAUSE THAT GUY IGNORES HER, AND DOESN'T GIVE HER HIS ATTENTION....you said it yourself that he even has a car,

You have no idea how crazy a woman gets when a guy with car completely ignores her like she doesn't exist.... She will even personally tell their last born in her family to never ever greet you again in this life grin grin.

That your yeye girlfriend wants that guy's attention so bad and she isn't getting it, and now she has discovered that two of you knew each other before and she wants you not to greet and associate with him.
-- she is doing this as a Means of getting back at Mr X for ignoring her all these while, now she doesn't want you to even greet him.

Oga mark my words, the day that your yeye girlfriend discovers that you guys now get along, just watch closely the drama that she'll cause for the both of you, don't be surprised that she will use it as an opportunity to confront that guy on why he is associating with you her yeye boyfriend and the guy will have to explain himself by replying her and in the process giving her that his attention that she had so much desired.

I chuckled while reading this but thanks sha...Though your conjectures aren't correct

I ride a car way bigger than X does and as I said earlier, I am older than X and more advanced career wise and financially

14 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Buhari4sale: 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
I'm in love with prettygirl200

1 Like

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Pells: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
questioner:
Opinion needed here

so I decided to walk towards where he was parking to say hi, only for her to hold me back and insist she didn't want me to even greet him or have anything or discussions with him.
I acted chill and asked her why was she so persistence, she repeated the bad boy, rubbish guy talk.

If you fail to ask the guy about your gf you will regret in life
Know this and know peace
Thank you

8 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Pells: 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
Buhari4sale:
I really like that girl but she hates me, I don't mind sending her money
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by anonymuz(m): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
questioner:
Opinion needed here

as a man just chill for now. Truth will reveal itself. She's hiding something from you. Might have slept with the guy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by questioner: 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2023
Pells:

If you fail to ask the guy about your gf you will regret in life
Know this and know peace
Thank you

Thanks for your brutal honesty

1 Like

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by questioner: 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
anonymuz:
as a man just chill for now. Truth will reveal itself. She's hiding something from you. Might have slept with the guy

Even if she has slept with or dated the guy, I don't see how that should be something you should be desperate to hide. I expected from day one that she had relationships before me

More reason why I am curious if there's more I should know

5 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by ruggedtimi(m): 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Ask X to tell you where "Y" dey since....

1 Like

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Michelle55: 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
Either they dated or she did with one of his friends and didn't want you probing or getting close to X to avoid you finding out.

All those things she's saying about X would only make you more curious than ever, na her fukc up be that.

Btw, it's quite early to start being suspicious in your relationship, whatever or whoever that would make you have sleepless nights and curiosity about your fellow man isn't worth it.

This is 2023, spend your time, effort, love, money, and affection wisely. Don't waste it on people that aren't worth it.

Be intentional this year!!!

11 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by anonymuz(m): 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
questioner:

Even if she has slept with or dated the guy, I don't see how that should be something you should be desperate to hide. I expected from day one that she had relationships before me

More reason why I am curious if there's more I should know
better you get to know what she's hiding on time. Don't trust women �

1 Like

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by rickleye: 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
She's bleeping the dude.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
questioner:
Opinion needed here

Your instincts are right. She has slept with the dude. E sure me die. Omo follow Mr.X talk oh. Make dey drink beer. You see woman matter. Dem no dey die put. Where you stop another man will continue.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Prettygirl200(f): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2023
Buhari4sale:
Inlove with who? Abeg go far.
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Prettygirl200(f): 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2023
Pells:

Pells leave me alone. Untill u appologise for all the insult u have reigned on me here, I won't forgive or settle with u, just stop mentioning me m not your mate undecided undecided
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Pells: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
Prettygirl200:
Pells leave me alone. Untill u appologise for all the insult u have reigned on me here, I won't forgive or settle with u, just stop mentioning me m not your mate undecided undecided
Let's stop the violence and embrace love
More love less Ego
I would apologise in private
Let love lead kiss
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Jayboi(m): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
To me, trust the girl for now. It's just for Ur relationship to progress. Her past may not be pleasant and it's even possible she's dated mr X but that's her past. If u ask Mr X and he confirms they av dated, what do u mean to achieve with that info. Leave her? Move on bro and let the relationship flow. Don't give ursef unnecessary problem.
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Prettygirl200(f): 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Pells:

Let's stop the violence and embrace love
More love less Ego
I would apologise in private
Let love lead kiss
You will appologise in private indeed, it means you are not ready. U insulted me and called me names publicly on a public forum and you want to appologise privately? No way!! U must do the appology here cux u never insulted me in private. If u can't do it then stop calling my name. That's more love and less ego undecided
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by Buhari4sale: 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
Pells:

Please respect yourself. I don't know you and I don't want to know you. I'm talking about prettygirl200 who I'm in love with. You send money or not, I'm less concern. I'm not here to buy her love. I want her to love me genuinely
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by akube34: 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
questioner:
Opinion needed here

bro approach the guy
Re: Should I Talk To My Neighbour About My Girlfriend by yungz: 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is She Always In Her Period? / . / Please Help, My Pregnant Gf Is Frustrating My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.