Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) (34457 Views)

Ladies: Why Do You Prefer Dark Guys? / Girls Which Do You Prefer, Fair Guys Or Dark Guys? / Dark Guys Vs Fair Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 03, 2012
millco88:

Educate her, Fulaman.

Go educate your self.

Fulaman198:

Yiou may not support evolution but it does exist....

Why does the African elephant found in the Savannah for example have vast differences from its Asian counterpart? Larger ears (to keep it cooler in heat), and both males and females possess tusks. African Elephants are also larger.

Why is the coat on a Siberian tiger less tawny than that of it's Bengal Tiger counterpart when they are both tigers? The Amur/Siberian tiger lives in a colder region so it is [b]lighter[/b]and has a thicker coat to help it better survive in its climate. That's just science, it's true and it is backed up. Religion and science go hand in hand. People become darker as a result of living in a region that has a lot of sun. Africa being the most ethnic diverse continent by far in the world is no exception.

I'm sorry if I had insulted you, but to claim that all African peoples who aren't dark have some admixture in their DNA is just flat out wrong. Science can support this. Sure there are some groups that have Arab admixture, but it isn't common. For example, not all Fulani (my ethnic group) look a particular way. You will find that from Senegal to Sudan where Fulani inhabit, there are different phenotypes but in the end we are all Fulani. You will find light complexioned Fulani and extremely dark (almost black much darker than mahogany) Fulani in the deep Sahel zone.

@ FULAMAN <<<<<

lol seriously? i never said all africans that are not dark are mixed. I said africans with the same complexions AS ALICIA KEYS ARE MIXED. And anyway Fulanis are one of the most mixed ethnic groups in west africa on a general and historical level. Thats undeniable. Take a genetic dna test ad come correct! Lol. Im not talking about tigers and elephants im talking about human beings.

There is evidence that there were also jews who mixed with native west and sub saharan africans. I presume because there isnt a high concentration of them where you are TODAY that it means nothing to you. But what you fail to realize is west africa at one point was like the Americas of today. Ppl flocked from all over to trade and live there. All african tribes as was all ppl, were nomadic. Arabs/jews alike traded with and settled in various african kingdoms even mixing with the natives. Islams introduction to africa wasnt overnight. Why else could a fulani go into a afro. Asiatic mixed society like egypt or somalia and be mistaken for a native? Nations notorious for their african and arab relations. We are talking cultures mixing and fusing. When its all said and done check out modern ethnic groups like the american creole population and you will see my point.

btw...Religion and evolution doesnt always agree. They counter more than they cover each other.

Anyway tisa asked and she got answers from both sides. Its up to her to seek it out. Im going to leave it at that. As you can see im quite annoyed with the subject of evolution being used to justify the obvious so...
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 12:32am On May 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Go educate your self.

@ FULAMAN <<<<<

lol seriously? i never said all africans that are not dark are mixed. I said africans with the same complexions AS ALICIA KEYS ARE MIXED. And anyway Fulanis are one of the most mixed ethnic groups in west africa on a general and historical level. Thats undeniable. Take a genetic dna test ad come correct! Lol. Im not talking about tigers and elephants im talking about human beings.

There is evidence that there were also jews who mixed with native west and sub saharan africans. I presume because there isnt a high concentration of them where you are TODAY that it means nothing to you. But what you fail to realize is west africa at one point was like the Americas of today. Ppl flocked from all over to trade and live there. All african tribes as was all ppl, were nomadic. Arabs/jews alike traded with and settled in various african kingdoms even mixing with the natives. Islams introduction to africa wasnt overnight. Why else could a fulani go into a afro. Asiatic mixed society like egypt or somalia and be mistaken for a native? Nations notorious for their african and arab relations. We are talking cultures mixing and fusing. When its all said and done check out modern ethnic groups like the american creole population and you will see my point.

btw...Religion and evolution doesnt always agree. They counter more than they cover each other.

Anyway tisa asked and she got answers from both sides. Its up to her to seek it out. Im going to leave it at that. As you can see im quite annoyed with the subject of evolution being used to justify the obvious so...

I wouldn't go that far, don't forget that Jewish has nothing to do with skin colour. Are there not Jewish people who are black (Ethiopians?). Some Fulani groups are not mixed (the most nomadic groups like the Wodaabe of Niger and Chad and the Maasinkoore of Mali). Fulani in general don't mix that much, yes Fulani in Nigeria have mixed with Hausa, Yoruba (Illorin), Kanuri (Beri-Beri), Tamasheq, but it's not in great portions. Most Fulani don't marry outside of their culture that is just the honest truth. In Senegambia and Sierra Leone and places in far West Africa apparently some of the Fulani there are mixed with Mande (Bambara, Soninke, etc. etc.) However, it is usually the men who marry outside of the Fulani groups and not the women really. Fulani women typically end up marrying Fulani men. But the same can not be said about us men loll.

What I'm saying from ancient times till now we can not forget that Africans are the oldest people in the world and the most diverse continent in the world. We have always had different phenotypes of people. We have always had people as light as Alicia keys some of those people migrated north into Europe and some of their physical characteristics changed (hair colour, hair type, eye colour, etc.) in order to better equip them for the harsher weather in Europe. That is evolution.

From what I remember there is even an indigenous tribe in South Africa who are Jewish by DNA and guess what? The white jews were not willing to accept them and that fact.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 12:57am On May 04, 2012
Fulaman198: I wouldn't go that far, don't forget that Jewish has nothing to do with skin colour. Are there not Jewish people who are black (Ethiopians?).

i am not talking about the natives my dear. I am talking about the "white Jews".

Some Fulani groups are not mixed (the most nomadic groups like the Wodaabe of Niger and Chad and the Maasinkoore of Mali). Fulani in general don't mix that much,

sweetie, they are already mixed. im not talking about NOW/TODAY. I am talking about Ancient peoples. The wodaabe are very much African but practice traditions that are native to the Arab world as well...down to the TEE. I wonder why... perhaps because....

A + B = C lipsrsealed
A) https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA82y3SF7U5mux-pzF-r_UXnAiQ8ioq9Lu5xaVbYViLgYSmNgUSA
B) https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUYezJ1LCjsPYmU3x2fEhNzc_vNKf0SZXVO_esvem1wzO6TDUo
C) https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_LbgZdTNxUl13NXsKelOgMAo28SLpKMy7PLBE2j_NZXsXr6mkHA

yes Fulani in Nigeria have mixed with Hausa, Yoruba (Illorin), Kanuri (Beri-Beri), Tamasheq, but it's not in great portions. Most Fulani don't marry outside of their culture that is just the honest truth. In Senegambia and Sierra Leone and places in far West Africa apparently some of the Fulani there are mixed with Mande (Bambara, Soninke, etc. etc.) However, it is usually the men who marry outside of the Fulani groups and not the women really. Fulani women typically end up marrying Fulani men. But the same can not be said about us men loll.

*sighs*...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JOxl8amVuY

^^so with all that African, Jewish (white), Portuguese, Arab; etc interaction...you're telling me there was NO 'mass mixing' (lol) going on?? mschew! undecided

What I'm saying from ancient times till now we can not forget that Africans are the oldest people in the world

i disagree!!

and the most diverse continent in the world.

yeah...

We have always had different phenotypes of people. We have always had people as light as Alicia keys

nope!!! grin

some of those people migrated north into Europe and some of their physical characteristics changed (hair colour, hair type, eye colour, etc.) in order to better equip them for the harsher weather in Europe. That is evolution.

and what about asians? tongue tongue grin what is it about continental asia's atmosphere that gave its people yellow-tone skin, bone straight hair and almond shaped eyes?

hmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6uUpc5Lmkk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

From what I remember there is even an indigenous tribe in South Africa who are Jewish by DNA and guess what? The white jews were not willing to accept them and that fact.

that i know is fact. wink
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 6:27am On May 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

i am not talking about the natives my dear. I am talking about the "white Jews".

sweetie, they are already mixed. im not talking about NOW/TODAY. I am talking about Ancient peoples. The wodaabe are very much African but practice traditions that are native to the Arab world as well...down to the TEE. I wonder why... perhaps because....

A + B = C lipsrsealed
A) https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA82y3SF7U5mux-pzF-r_UXnAiQ8ioq9Lu5xaVbYViLgYSmNgUSA
B) https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUYezJ1LCjsPYmU3x2fEhNzc_vNKf0SZXVO_esvem1wzO6TDUo
C) https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_LbgZdTNxUl13NXsKelOgMAo28SLpKMy7PLBE2j_NZXsXr6mkHA

*sighs*...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JOxl8amVuY

^^so with all that African, Jewish (white), Portuguese, Arab; etc interaction...you're telling me there was NO 'mass mixing' (lol) going on?? mschew! undecided

i disagree!!

yeah...

nope!!! grin

and what about asians? tongue tongue grin what is it about continental asia's atmosphere that gave its people yellow-tone skin, bone straight hair and almond shaped eyes?

hmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6uUpc5Lmkk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0

that i know is fact. wink

What do the Wodaabe practice that is native in Arab world? they are the most pure Fulani and I don't know why they are called "Wodaabe" which in Fulani language means Outcasts. The Wodaabe just do what other Fulani did in the past pre-Arab movement in Africa. They herd their cattle, make cheese, butter, other dairy, etc. sell to the market/trade for goods. They do Gerewol once a year (usually September) after the Cure Salée (Salt cure). Wodaabe seem to be everything that Arabs do not like in fact, they are the least Arab influenced out of all Fulani. Some are Muslim, but they don't really practice the religion often.

Also the Jews in West Africa (in anciet Mali - Tomboctou) are you sure they were white? Also are you sure they mixed with the general populace, there is no proof whatsoever as to say they did mix. If anything, they were shunned from the rest of society for their religious beliefs.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by richy5(m): 10:01am On May 04, 2012
NLN wit som shithead
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 11:48am On May 04, 2012
Fulaman198:

What do the Wodaabe practice that is native in Arab world? they are the most pure Fulani and I don't know why they are called "Wodaabe" which in Fulani language means Outcasts. The Wodaabe just do what other Fulani did in the past pre-Arab movement in Africa. They herd their cattle, make cheese, butter, other dairy, etc. sell to the market/trade for goods. They do Gerewol once a year (usually September) after the Cure Salée (Salt cure). Wodaabe seem to be everything that Arabs do not like in fact, they are the least Arab influenced out of all Fulani. Some are Muslim, but they don't really practice the religion often.

Also the Jews in West Africa (in anciet Mali - Tomboctou) are you sure they were white? Also are you sure they mixed with the general populace, there is no proof whatsoever as to say they did mix. If anything, they were shunned from the rest of society for their religious beliefs.

lol....wow.

Ok sir.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 04, 2012
light not albino o!
And no unfortunate oyibos(bleachers)
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 04, 2012
punnonline: light not albino o!
And no unfortunate oyibos(bleachers)

grin grin grin grin
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by MrsChima(f): 7:36pm On May 04, 2012
White men rocks! grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
White men rocks! grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

speaking of rocks...you're on drugs. grin

1 Like

Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 29, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Fulaman198(m): 11:01pm On May 29, 2012
Royal-VII:
Through out the world Lightskin Men are more Desired more, also i have noticed the women who do prefer darker men always put this ignorant comment at the end..."i like em black but, not too black!"...

Whatever that means....smh.

Black people have serious issues when it comes to skin complexion

It's only some black people who do, Fulani people don't care about skin complexion.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by MrsChima(f): 12:57am On May 30, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

speaking of rocks...you're on drugs. grin

Don't be jealous of the white men! They rocks! grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue kiss kiss kiss

(looking to see if Chima is looking)
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 1:13am On May 30, 2012
@Royal

Boy, I am only "unattractive" to people like you because you got your feelings hurt. (MOFOS DO NOT LEARN!!) You're not my type. Not on my level. Not relevant to me in any way. And frankly your opinion DOES not matter. You got sonned by me on the other thread so there really is no need for me to even go there with you again. But...
You say I have a complex but then go on and say:

I ask one question...WHEN THA Bleep WERE DARKSKIN WOMEN EVER IN STYLE!?!?!?...EVER?!?!!?..ever~!?!? Lmfaooooo LmL ......Pre Slavery Dayz?...Harriet Tubmen Dayz?....

[size=18pt]Darkskin Black women are viewed throughout the entire globe as the most unattractive women in the world. Fact.[/size]

This thread is about GUYS...yet you somehow turned it into your personal manbitch vent fest. Buck up or shut up. tongue
Poor you..and I do mean POOR! To make it even worse you have the audacity to say “Black people have serious issues when it comes to skin complexion”.

Only a r3tard would give a sermon and contradict themselves in the same post. Funny you ALWAYS seem to equate “dark love/beauty” with the slave trade. You’re worse than a hypocrite. You’re ignorant. And dark was and always will be "in". Takes dark to create light. FACT. Some of the most "exotic" black models out there are admired because of their DARK complexions and facial/bone structures. FACT. 90 percent of the people on this thread voted their preference for dark: FACT! There are far more people tanning their skin than those bleaching: FACT. “International beauty standards”: A JOKE.

Your feelings are hurt and you hiding behind this act >> “FALSE pride". I choose to keep it real. Just like I did on this thread and will continue to.

Moral of this story: You ain’t ready. Stay in your lane. You now know better when it comes to bad mouthing MsDarkskin. You have too many potholes and flaws to even try to take me on. A subliminal message would have been your best option. tongue
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 1:26am On May 30, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Don't be jealous of the white men! They rocks! grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue kiss kiss kiss

(looking to see if Chima is looking)

tongue tongue

Im gonna snitch...and tell Dsense. grin
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 1:46am On May 30, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 1:49am On May 30, 2012
I made my point clear.
You got it. END OF.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 1:55am On May 30, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:02am On May 30, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:05am On May 30, 2012
How am I trying to be Tupac? And who said "dark skin" makes me hardcore? Dude seriously? undecided You don't when to shut up and stop embarrassing yourself over this tired issue.

You're the one with the complex and obsession. I'm not in the mood to continue beating you at your own game.
WTF does Precious have to do with me? Its the story of a black woman with low self esteem. Not all dark chicks have that. Light skinned girls also felt her pain which is why in HBCUs around the country that movie is the subject for many seminars on black woman and their self esteem. So what is your point?

Why don't you ask Lee Daniels those questions and watch him slay your ignorant azz who is so daft you didn't get the concept of the movie. She said one line about how she "want a light skinned man to have pretty babies with good hair" and you assume its about light skin worship when the concept is about low self esteem and over coming it. First of all her mother was abusive, she was poor, and overweight. Any woman regardless of complexion can feel that. How is that "damaging"? Seems more like upliftment to me. Seriously, your idiocy is overwhelming.
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:07am On May 30, 2012
Royal-VII:

The only point you made is that i roasted so badly thatYou were so Upset and heated, you Came back 4 hours Later and mentioned my name again which is immortally lame..considering you were posting in that 4 hour duration in the same section of the forums and purposely avoiding this thread untill "you thought" I was offline.

Lmfao....I always enjoy roasting an Insecure bitter unattractive Darkskin woman with an Inferiority complex, to the point she photoshops her own pictures to make herself appear lightskin.

If Darkskin women are in...then why are you Photoshopping your photo to make yourself appear lightskin(like so many Darkskin women do on twitter and facebook)...

~~~Lmfao~~~...stop it *Waves Hand*...Darkskin Women are losing. That is just the way of our world.

Fat People>Bald People>Ugly People>Garbage Can>Dead Rat>Aids>AntArtica IceCap>Darkskin Women

...Lmfaoo...Now stop stawking me Loser lol

lol @ photoshop and heated you wish!! Not nearly as heated as you to see not all sisters want a mixed or light dude. lol cheesy cheesy that's what REALLY kills you. FYI I was banned (by spamb0t) for trying to post a thread in the celebrity section. I came back on here and saw that chima revived the thread. Only to see the bullshiet you posted as a result of being butthurt. Don't play yourself. You're not even an OUNCE important. Not on or offline. And if you think by saying "dark girls are losing/out" I am supposed to be mad. Think again. You are only exposing the real you to the site not to mention the WWW. Keep it up. wink
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:09am On May 30, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:11am On May 30, 2012
Royal-VII:
DEADLion Corpse > Old Timberland Boots > Saudia Arabian women period Panties > Flava Flav > Haitian Refugee Sneaker > Pregnant Congolese Aids Patients > DarkSkinned Women

Stop it..Yall Losin...Got Damn..Let it Go...Lmfao

Pick up your lower lip son.
Your feelings are still hurting. wink

Stop embarrassing yourself and take the whooping you got like a man. grin

Wait a minute!!! Somebody's keyboard is on fire! grin grin ONE ORDER OF LONG AZZ RESPONSE COMING UP! #MANbitches grin grin grin
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:16am On May 30, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:22am On May 30, 2012
*yawns* Like I said. You heard me. Got my point and only trying to drag out a conversation - SORRY FOR YA!
And Royal-VII and intellect don't belong in the same thread much less post. So kill that noise. You're exposed.
Your desperation to get me upset is just TOO obvious.

You gonna have to try much harder. I am sure you hear that ALL of the time! grin

Novel coming up soon... grin

5-4-3-2-1....
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:22am On May 30, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:29am On May 30, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:32am On May 30, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:33am On May 30, 2012
LOL @ creation of me. Boy, I am so glad I got to smell the coffee at a YOUNG AGE and woke up before I could even make a mistake of creating anything close to resembling or pertaining to you. grin grin Looking like you came straight from a Milli Vanilli poster! grin

EW!

YEAH RIGHT.
I'm dark and dating an African man much darker than myself. (Don't die now! grin)
So, Save the theories/sermons...it's an EPIC fail. cheesy

"Just as bad as people who dislike dark people" you mean like you? And who said I dislikes light skin people? Or is this your hurt feelings coming out because "real dark" is my preference? grin and LOL at Khoisan coming before dark skin people. grin LAWD!

ERRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......How did I "ether" myself?

CAN YOU NOT READ? grin

MzDarkSkin: lmao @ the light skinned guys.

you guys have been 'out of style' since the Debarge crew.
I'm talking MID 80's!!!

Just kidding. But seriously it might sound harsh but 9/10 when a black woman say she prefers light skinned men (AGAIN NOT ALL OO) she has a self esteem issue. I know for a fact this is true. I used to want light men so that I would have light skinned babies "with green eyes and GOOD hair" I was not the only one. MY ENTIRE CREW [size=18pt]prior to maturing[/size] was all on that same ignorant mess not to mention other black girls I knew.

Like I said. If I didn't change, I wouldn't have posted that in the PAST tense. Learn to read. Now what else you got? cheesy HUH? what's that?

*hears crickets!*
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:38am On May 30, 2012
Re: Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only) by Nobody: 2:43am On May 30, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Would You Feel If Your Ex Girlfriend Is Dating Your Friend? / 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Girls Date 'yahoo' Guys / Lady Sends Shout Out To Her Boyfriend's Side Chicks On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.