Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues (41973 Views)

Reduce Your Electricity Bills With Our Solar Inverters / Buy Solar Inverters, Panels And Batteries At Most Affordable Price 08066602785 / Pay Electricity Bills, Earn Zcoins , Get Solar Inverters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 3:35pm On Feb 13, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Yearly please especially if you live in Warri. The soot, although now reduced thanks to "government", was a nuisance. Panels suffered from reduced efficiency until cleaned.
My state has no soot.

The hamattan though wanted to play games but rain fell twice this year already so no need to clean.

Oddly, I have never had cause to clean my panels sha. Somehow rain will fall
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by CodeTemplar: 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

My state has no soot.

The hamattan though wanted to play games but rain fell twice this year already so no need to clean.

pls which state is that? Must be coastal town.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
CodeTemplar:
pls which state is that? Must be coastal town.

Yes.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by NothingDoMe: 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

I stay alone so load shedding is a thing.

My AC has been on since 10am and I am about to turn it off.

I will leave the fridge and freezer on until 5. Then at 6, I will turn the whole unit off.

I will turn it back on by 8:30

I just saw the Timbers on Jumia. I don't need then for now. Maybe if there is a Mrs that won't hear word, I will get the timers
Hahaha. It's good you've started looking. Women like everything automatic. That's a picture of the automatic changeover and timers i got from Amazon UK.

UK electronics are 50/50 for me because there's a lot of mid-ranged Chinese made products. The US is a better option but 110v is an invitation litter the place with transformers.

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Freech: 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2023
babastanlolo:
How is it possible to use 2 200amps batteries for a 5kva inverter, which should at least be 48 Volts? Was thinking that would require 4 batteries. please, educate me.
I wonder too, buh then the battery could be 24v, though it's scarce
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
Freech:
I wonder too, buh then the battery could be 24v, though it's scarce
There are some brands that make 5kva on 24v
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by NothingDoMe: 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

My state has no soot.

Yes the rain helps. My problem with rain is sometimes you get something like the picture below.

I guess it becomes a problem as the solar panel ages and several layers of dusts acccumulate

3 Likes

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Hahaha. It's good you've started looking. Women like everything automatic. That's a picture of the automatic changeover and timers i got from Amazon UK.

UK electronics are 50/50 for me because there's a lot of mid-ranged Chinese made products. The US is a better option but 110v is an invitation litter the place with transformers.
When I finally meet her, I intend to work on the fuse box. I will move my fridge and freezer to one line

And both ACs to another line. Then was kind would have a timer socket. My problem is having to change switches when grid power comes.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Yes the rain helps. My problem with rain is sometimes you get something like the picture below.

I guess it becomes a problem as the solar panel ages and several layers of dusts acccumulate
The type of rains that does this just came to wet the ground.

The rains that fell are the type that washed dust not wet them

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by incogni2o: 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
babastanlolo:
How is it possible to use 2 200amps batteries for a 5kva inverter, which should at least be 48 Volts? Was thinking that would require 4 batteries. please, educate me.

5KVA inverter comes in 24V too
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by 123readygo: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2023
iyke2frankeze:
I use 5kv capacity locally made inverter with the entire cost at 1.2 million in my business and it is doing greatly. If your business is not a night business, you will enjoy solar to the fullest. I opted for the locally built because I am using it for printing and photocopy which is a heavy duty work in terms of power consumption. Repair and sourcing of parts is easier in locally built inverter since the materials are commonly found within. It has served for a year plus and is still as it was from day 1.

How much is it and where can i get one
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2023
tonididdy:
Solar is the solution

A 4 battery system for deep freezer,tvs, security lights fan cost 1.7 as at October last year to setup.

I setup my personal system in 2018 DEC and till date my family have never spent a night without electricity.
Ps: we are not connected to nepa since we moved in our home.

Which battery are you using?
Dry cell
Lithium
Water based battery?

Which company?
How about solar panel?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by TheMensch(m): 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
I love solar
People that live in South south with excess rain during the rainy days, does the solar give any issues?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Dayotheeone(m): 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2023
That's a wise move
Normally you'll be looking at 2m for solar and 1.2m for inverter system
123readygo:

How much is it and where can i get one
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Dayotheeone(m): 4:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
As long as the sun is shining while raining, your solar will still be charging
TheMensch:
I love solar
People that live in South south with excess rain during the rainy days, does the solar give any issues?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by SocialJustice: 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:

True talk but the mistake I made was buying 2 200amh dry cell battery should have gone for 2 200amh lithium battery as a friend said it's more powerful and easy to maintain or so

Was also told dry cell battery life span is around 2-3 years while lithium battery is around 5years but I dont know how true it is
True, look for batteries that are made from those cells in laptop batteries. there is a guy here that builds batteries from those cells and he sells below market rate. His name is wiremind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by NothingDoMe: 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:
The type of rains that does this just came to wet the ground.

The rains that fell are the type that washed dust not wet them
Hmmm. The makers of the panels do recommend regular cleaning though. I had the 10 panels for 5 years before cleaning them.

Even the instalation guy was skeptical about my cleaning request but I insisted. He later testified to the amount of dirt on the panels. We later washed them when I opted for relocating the panels.

You might want to give it a try if you've had the panels for that long.

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Mynd44: 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Hmmm. The makers of the panels do recommend regular cleaning though. I had the 10 panels for 5 years before cleaning them.

Even the instalation guy was skeptical about my cleaning request but I insisted. He later testified to the amount of dirt on the panels. We later washed them when I opted for relocating the panels.

You might want to give it a try if you've had the panels for that long.
I will try next month. Too many projects right now

1 Like

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by NothingDoMe: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2023
TheMensch:
I love solar
Yes please. Couldy days Could reduce the current from about 20A to 10A. On rainy days as low as 4A to 0A.

Imagine having a Sunny day yet the efficiency of the solar panels is reduced because of the sun trajectory(on slanted roof) not to mention when there's no sun at all šŸ˜„

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by uncleinans(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nice thread

So I'm getting these inverter and batteries and panel, in fact I have already gotten them, the MPPT, panel and cable is on its way from Lagos while I got the inverter and batteries last year. So when. They come, I will install and start using.

I have read much on how to use and all of that and I must say I have learned from this post also.

I became so used to light in where I was staying before moving to where I am now so the best thing was for me to go off grid in order to have light.

I have spent almost a million, in the end, is going to cost me that. 3.5kva, two 220ah batteries both soccer products, indian. The MPPT is Felicity and the panels are 6 200w mono panels.

I am definitely going to cut down on my appliances usage to get this best of this equipment. Please can anyone confirm the product for me if they are okay? Soccer power inverter and batteries and Felicity MPPT.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by NothingDoMe: 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

I will try next month. Too many projects right now
šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by AdemolaA2: 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2023
Compliant:
I just remember one thing now, OX INDUSTRIAL FAN is an enemy of inverter

Very true. I don't turn on mine as well because it drains the charge and power fast
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by ModCaller: 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2023
bassdow:

mayBe na Alaba / inferior batteries you dey buy. I experienced such during my early days. e no go even complete 1-year sef

I don dey suspect o.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by uncleinans(m): 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2023
Is it okay to use equipment totaling 2000 watts on 3.5kva inverter and two 220ah batteries steady?
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by ModCaller: 5:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mynd44:

Where do you people get your alternate facts from. As long as you do not abuse your batteries and try to make sure you do not discharge them up to zero, they will last.
The one I used before, I sold to a friend and he is still using them. This is the third year they have been in use

How is that even possible? Things dey happen for this life o. My own dropped drastically after one year. I still use it in the afternoon with panel but once sun go down, it won't last 30 minutes. Something that used to last 10 hours on my normal full load. It's going to 3 years now.

Some sellers I complained to told me that it doesn't usually last more than a year
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by mdgreen(m): 5:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
Solar is the new darling in town just go mine today for a start

Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by Irises(m): 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2023
Please Iā€™m new to this solar stuff. I just wanna power my small fan, 43 inches Hisense TV and bulb sometimes. Charge my phone. How much do I need to achieve this. Please honest answer guys.
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by rayopt(m): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2023
Irises:
Please Iā€™m new to this solar stuff. I just wanna power my small fan, 43 inches Hisense TV and bulb sometimes. Charge my phone. How much do I need to achieve this. Please honest answer guys.

Check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7290930/solar-inverter-installation
Re: Solar Inverters: Cost Implication, Durability And Issues by thebar: 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
yomi007k:
Thank you for the information.

I was thinking about this solar thing yesterday too.

What do you need to do for it to carry deep freezer? How much was his workmanship?

With 1.4M you'll get the one that can power your fridge and freezer

But dry cell is not a good idea
The best battery is tubular

Solar insulation is my work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World / Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.