Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,572 members, 7,820,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Fear Of Unknown - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fear Of Unknown (1601 Views)

The Day I Started Having The Fear Of Women / Is It Dangerous To Get Into An Unknown Guy's Car? / Fear Of Being Disvirgined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of Unknown by jonath0012(m): 1:21pm On Sep 11, 2011
hi nairalander, there is this girl im in a relationship with for close to 2 months. she told me she has had sex with several guys, but as for me ive not had such experience b4 until last week wen she came to my house. we promise. each not av SEX until mariage. by mistake, we had it just last week, even without protection. since then her bhaviour has changed to me. now my intuition tells me she has infected me with the dreaded diseases of hiv/aids. i hated myself for not using protection. with her. just 2 DAYS ago she called to tell me that something bad happened to her and dat i should'nt bother to know cos she would not tell me, even if i BEGher. this arouse my suspicion more. now im scared of hiv test. i cant even sleep anymore. dat was my first time. i dont even know wat to do now. i feel like committing suscide. pls nairalander help a dieing soul.hat something bad happened to her and dat i should'nt bother to know cos she would not tell me, even if i BEGher. this arouse my suspicion more. now im scared of hiv test. i cant even sleep anymore. dat was my first time. i dont even know wat to do now. i feel like committing suscide. pls nairalander help a dieing soul.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by bittatruth(m): 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2011
Just go for a test.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by Beync(f): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2011
shocked :oI gues u stay lagos and you had the mind to do such,hmmm u dont like your future i gues, with all these awareness about hiv u dint care.
Anyway, you hav to gather mind and go for test after 3months, be especting anything as result.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by obowunmi(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2011
You should certainly get tested.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by ShyOne(f): 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2011
Just calm down

lolololol

You don't have aids - just first time jitters and now guilt - you are just fine

The HIV test - the absolute worst side to it is the BEFORE FEAR that every person on the planet experiences - go take the test - stop sleepiing with people the very first time you meet them

And relax yourself immediately - enjoy your weekend.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by Russialane(m): 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2011
so your head went on french leave ?
Re: Fear Of Unknown by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2011
jonath0012:

hi nairalander, there is this girl im in a relationship with for close to 2 months. she told me she has Were Intimate with several guys, but as for me ive not had such experience b4 until last week wen she came to my house. we promise. each not av SEX until mariage. by mistake, we had it just last week, even without protection. since then her bhaviour has changed to me. now my intuition tells me she has infected me with the dreaded diseases of hiv/aids. i hated myself for not using protection. with her. just 2 DAYS ago she called to tell me that something bad happened to her and dat i should'nt bother to know cos she would not tell me, even if i BEGher. this arouse my suspicion more. now im scared of hiv test. i cant even sleep anymore. dat was my first time. i dont even know wat to do now.[size=13pt] i feel like committing suscide.[/size] pls nairalander help a dieing soul.hat something bad happened to her and dat i should'nt bother to know cos she would not tell me, even if i BEGher. this arouse my suspicion more. now im scared of hiv test. i cant even sleep anymore. dat was my first time. i dont even know wat to do now. i feel like committing suscide. pls nairalander help a dieing soul.
Jeez! You just spoilt everything with this statement! PLS DO! angry
Re: Fear Of Unknown by jonath0012(m): 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2011
thanks to everyone who replied my post. but my special thank goes to shy-one whose reply gives me relief. i will summon the courage to get my self tested tommorrow. i pray im negative.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by claremont(m): 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2011
jonath0012:

thanks to everyone who replied my post. but my special thank goes to shy-one whose reply gives me relief. i will summon the courage to get my self tested tommorrow. i pray im negative.
Even if you do the test tomorrow and it turns out negative, don't get your hopes up. It may still be positive 6 months later, life is unfair! grin
Re: Fear Of Unknown by IykeD(m): 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2011
claremont:

Even if you do the test tomorrow and it turns out negative, don't get your hopes up. It may still be positive 6 months later, life is unfair! grin

You are not good oh, you want this dude to commit suicide in an accelerated mode hehehe, funny
@OP, calm down! You are fine and don't go making Nigeria 1 less of 150million or is it 160 now?
Re: Fear Of Unknown by omega25red(m): 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2011
getting tested now is a waste of time because on average it takes at least 3 months for the virus to gestate in your system before it shows itself.
instead of you coming here to cry like a little B you should be calling that chick up and show her some love so she can tell you whats on her mind. also make sure whom ever you have sex with from now until 3 months from now is with protection. [size=16pt]when the 3 month mark hits go get tested and dont say you feel good so nothing is wrong[/size]
in the mean time relax yourself and make sure you learn from this incident God willing nothing bad happens
Re: Fear Of Unknown by jonath0012(m): 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2011
@ iyked i say thanks for giving me hope. @ omega25red thank u so much for this wonderful advice. i will start calling her and show her luv to see if she can open up. this is the most terrible mistake ive ever made in my entire life. ive learn my lesson in a hard way. i pray d result is negative i will never near woman again unless im marrhanks to everyone who replied my post. but my special thank goes to shy-one whose reply gives m
Re: Fear Of Unknown by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2011
Jona, you see, there is something calld ARS (acute retroviral symptoms) which most people experience when they get the virus. These are flu-like symptoms: fatigue, sore throat, fever, cough, swollen lymph nodes, etc, which come about 2 weeks after exposure. If you experience all of these and more in 2 weeks for a period of about 1-2 weeks, chances are you have caught the virus.
If not, there's still no guarantee. You have to go for the test. In any case, you might want to know that the odds of getting infected from one episode of unprotected s3xx is quite low. Some researches even put it at 1 in 2000. However, all depends on your partner's viral load and otha stuffs. Bottomline is: there's a very good chance you are not infected. It might be clever though to use (non)occurence of ARS for self-diagnosis.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by jonath0012(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2011
@sauer your reply gives me a big relief. ive been feeling feverish since yesterday and i guess its ordinary malaria.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by tashanja(m): 12:41am On Sep 12, 2011
^^^^The good news is that you may not have been infected, because (as someone rightly said) the infection rate from  a single exposure (though variable with viral load) is still quite low, however, there is a small and very real risk that you might in fact have been infected.

You should go to the nearest big hospital (e.g teaching hosp.) and tell them what has happened, if the incidence took place within the last 48 -72hrs, chances are that they may give you a post-exposure prophylaxis to prevent the onset of infection. This is however usually reserved in cases of genuine exposure not suspected exposure (as in the case with this girl, so you may want to take her along for confirmation - if she would agree), because the side effects of the drugs may out weigh the risk.

In any case you should go for a test in order to establish your baseline status. This may later be useful towards establishing your case should you wish to prosecute in event of deliberate criminal exposure on the part of the girl.

If you should test negative (which I strongly expect at this stage), you would still need to go for a confirmation test after three months (to take care of the possible window period immediately after infection before production of detectable levels of HIV antibodies - which form the basis of the test). In your case, I strongly still suspect you would also test negative, because as already mentioned,the odds are in your favor. Good luck.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by 2blunt: 3:14am On Sep 12, 2011
jonath0012:

hi nairalander, there is this girl im in a relationship with for close to 2 months. she told me she has Were Intimate with several guys, but as for me ive not had such experience b4 until last week wen she came to my house. we promise. each not av SEX until mariage. by mistake, we had it just last week, even without protection. since then her bhaviour has changed to me. now my intuition tells me she has infected me with the dreaded diseases of hiv/aids. i hated myself for not using protection. with her. just 2 DAYS ago she called to tell me that something bad happened to her and dat i should'nt bother to know cos she would not tell me, even if i BEGher. this arouse my suspicion more. now im scared of hiv test. i cant even sleep anymore. dat was my first time. i dont even know wat to do now. i feel like committing [size=50pt]suscide[/size]. pls nairalander help a dieing soul.hat something bad happened to her and dat i should'nt bother to know cos she would not tell me, even if i BEGher. this arouse my suspicion more. now im scared of hiv test. i cant even sleep anymore. dat was my first time. i dont even know wat to do now. i feel like committing suscide. pls nairalander help a dieing soul.

bros, u neva die, [size=35pt]ode[/size] like u
Re: Fear Of Unknown by Chiangel1(f): 10:01am On Sep 12, 2011
am on dis wiv Tahsanja,
Its rily sad, buh wats done is donw, no need crying over spilled milk, so am thinking 2 things,
its either dis lady wants to torture u, or she has actually got u infected, sleep on it and give urself reasons why she would want you to come begging , she made dat clear by saying no matter how much u beg, she wouldnt spill,
Has she been asking for anythn of late? Think abt it properly, an dnt do anythn stupid, for all u knw, its just a threat.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by jonath0012(m): 11:47am On Sep 16, 2011
@ evryone, ive eventually got d girl to open up. dis is wat she says in quote: '' so u want to hear it then i'll tell u. i was gang raped by some guys last wednesday, though ive been raped bfore. and i dont expect any reply from u''. according to her, dis is wat she wanted to tell me dat night but my phone was switched off. so, she got upset, and even complain of not calling her. i replied her in a text as well. in d text, i feel srry for wat happpened to her and then requested dat we meet at an eatery to av a heat to heart conversation. she turned it down, saying she was still feeling upset and not ready to see me. the following day i.e 2 days ago she sent me a breakup message. to cut it short, through text message and calling we made up last night. As for the test, i ve gone for it yesterday and the result is negative though i'll still go for confirmation test after 3 months. the prob now is im still feeling feverish. i consulted a doctor in a general hospital day bfore yesterday over dis issue, he prescribed some drugs for me and told me dat even bfore i start feeling d sympton, if its an hiv infection, it will take up to a month to 2. ive taken d prescribed drugs but im still feeling feverish. i'm seriously afraid now then requested dat we meet at an eatery to av a heat to heart conversation. she turned it down, saying she was still feeling upset and not ready to see me. the following day i.e 2 days ago she sent me a breakup message. to cut it short, through text message and calling we made up last night. As for the test, i ve gone for it yesterday and the result is negative though i'll still go for confirmation test after 3 months. the prob now is im still feeling feverish. i consulted a doctor in a general hospital day bfore yesterday over dis issue, he prescribed some drugs for me and told me dat even bfore i start feeling d sympton, if its an hiv infection, it will take up to a month to 2. ive taken d prescribed drugs but im still feeling feverish. i'm seriously afraid now
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MrCork17: 11:54am On Sep 16, 2011
jonath0012:

@ evryone, ive eventually got d girl to open up. dis is wat she says in quote: '' so u want to hear it then i'll tell u. i was gang violated by some guys last wednesday, though ive been violated bfore. and i dont expect any reply from u''. according to her, dis is wat she wanted to tell me dat night but my phone was switched off. so, she got upset, and even complain of not calling her. i replied her in a text as well. in d text, i feel srry for wat happpened to her and then requested dat we meet at an eatery to av a heat to heart conversation. she turned it down, saying she was still feeling upset and not ready to see me. the following day i.e 2 days ago she sent me a breakup message. to cut it short, through text message and calling we made up last night. As for the test, i ve gone for it yesterday and the result is negative though i'll still go for confirmation test after 3 months. the prob now is im still feeling feverish. i consulted a doctor in a general hospital day bfore yesterday over dis issue, he prescribed some drugs for me  and told me dat even bfore i start feeling d sympton, if its an hiv infection, it will take up to a month to 2. ive taken d prescribed drugs but im still feeling feverish. i'm seriously afraid now  then requested dat we meet at an eatery to av a heat to heart conversation. she turned it down, saying she was still feeling upset and not ready to see me. the following day i.e 2 days ago she sent me a breakup message. to cut it short, through text message and calling we made up last night. As for the test, i ve gone for it yesterday and the result is negative though i'll still go for confirmation test after 3 months. the prob now is im still feeling feverish. i consulted a doctor in a general hospital day bfore yesterday over dis issue, he prescribed some drugs for me  and told me dat even bfore i start feeling d sympton, if its an hiv infection, it will take up to a month to 2. ive taken d prescribed drugs but im still feeling feverish. i'm seriously afraid now

Bro. No worries. No fear. Have faith. Just drink loads of water coz it helps. The more your pissss, the better you will get. This is a doctors advise. Its all good bro. wink
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MMM2(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2011
op

se,x is for 18yrs & above not 4 small kids & virgin like u. angry

Even if hiv & aids kill u, make sure u go 2 heaven not hell fire. smiley

just be careful in ur next life undecided

Finally 1 thing must surely kill a man
wink
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MrCork17: 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
M M M:

op

se,x is for 18yrs & above not 4 small kids & virgin like u. angry

Even if hiv & aids kill u, make sure u go 2 heaven not hell fire. smiley

just be careful in your next life undecided

Finally 1 thing must surely kill a man
wink

M M M. seeems u r naturally stuupiiid with your daily idiiioootic comments. Bro. I mean this in a good way wink
Re: Fear Of Unknown by Damsal(f): 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2011
That's so sad about her rape. But now that you've got over your initial worry about having HIV/AID, maybe your next worry should be what if she's pregnant.
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MrCork17: 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2011
Damsal:

That's so sad about her violation. But now that you've got over your initial worry about having HIV/AID, maybe your next worry should be what if she's pregnant.

people get preggggy within a week? Sweeery did u read the thread? undecided
Re: Fear Of Unknown by Damsal(f): 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2011
Yes I did, If he thinks he can get Aids within that period why can't she get pregnant (but then again I was just saying)
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MMM2(m): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2011
Mr, Cork:

M M M. seeems u r naturally stuupiiid with your daily idiiioootic comments. Bro. I mean this in a good way wink

Mr Fooool

i know u just want me 2 talk 2 u angry

But as u can see i dont have time 4 ga embarassed y undecided
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MrCork17: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2011
M M M:

Mr Fooool

i know u just want me 2 talk 2 u angry

But as u can see i dont have time 4 ga embarassed y undecided 

M M M.  you just an attension seeking jobless village iddiiiot.  Hav u noticed how Nairalanders  ignore u? undecided
Re: Fear Of Unknown by DAY12(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2011
M M M or W W W, Fools are some of the smartest people I know. Fools don't claim that cats bark, but they talk about cats when everyone else is talking about dogs.

We talking about a brother's life at stake here & you are shagging nonsense.

I go slap u one day! angry
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MrCork17: 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
DAY11.:

M M M or W W W, Fools are some of the smartest people I know. Fools don't claim that cats bark, but they talk about cats when everyone else is talking about dogs.

We talking about a brother's life at stake here & you are sleeping-with nonsense.

I go slap u one day! angry

Well said!!! wink
Re: Fear Of Unknown by DAY12(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Well said!!! wink

You sef, If you nor mind yaself angry
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MMM2(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2011
Mr, Cork:

M M M.  you just an attension seeking jobless village iddiiiot.  Hav u noticed how Nairalanders  ignore u? undecided

since u have B jobs 2 do, what re u doing here mofo4 angry
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MrCork17: 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2011
M M M. Bro. u should considerd 2 week holiday in McDonalds mental home for retards. They have branches all over & it will do u good! wink
Re: Fear Of Unknown by MMM2(m): 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
^
U will go with me bros undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong In A Girl Asking A Boy Out? / This Are How To Make A Girl To Like You / 12 Things Men Like In Women More Than Good Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.