Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,017 members, 7,835,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy (60621 Views)

Aso Rock Viral Video: First Lady Aisha Buhari Apologizes / Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / Abiola: President Buhari Apologizes To Nigerians Over June 12, 1993 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by wolebest: 10:09am On Mar 04, 2023
ebukajay184:
President Buhari has apologized to Nigerians over the naira redesign policy, saying that it was not introduced to cause hardship, IGBERETV reports.

In his words;

https://twitter.com/yabaleftonline/status/1631344417771593752?s=19

Recall in October 2022, the Governor of the Central Bank, Godwin Emefiele, announced the plan to redesign the N200, N500, and N1,000 notes. The policy resulted in a scarcity of Naira in February after the deadline for the swapping of the old notes for the new notes expired.

https://igberetvnews.com/1439969/president-buhari-apologizes-naira-redesign-policy/

This President seems not to be intandem with reality on the streets.

There is no economic sense in the Naira redesign policy.

People are suffering, the truma of no cash is hitting hard.

He should just obey the Supreme Court judgement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Themanleshey: 10:09am On Mar 04, 2023
[quote author=God1000 post=121458533]He's a big disappointment, the policy didn't stop politicians from rigging the election[/quote

Yes it really broke my heart that despite all his efforts , some tribal bigots still rigged all of their region election for their son for tribal reasons .

Too bad that the eastern region rigged us black and blue !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Jones4190(m): 10:09am On Mar 04, 2023
The Naira Redesign and Daily Cash Withdrawal Limit policies, are policies of the Central Bank of Nigeria. Only the Federal High Court has jurisdiction in disputes arising from or related to Central Bank policies, and anything having to do with the Naira as the Legal Tender in Nigeria. Section 251(1)(d) Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 provides: “Notwithstanding anything to the contained in this Constitution and in addition to such other jurisdiction as may be conferred upon it by an Act of the National Assembly, the Federal High Court shall have and exercise jurisdiction to the exclusion of any other court in civil causes and matters — connected with or pertaining to banking, banks, other financial institutions, including any action between one bank and another, any action by or against the Central Bank of Nigeria arising from banking, foreign exchange, coinage, Legal Tender , bills of exchange, letters of credit, promissory notes and other fiscal measures…”. Thus, it is submitted that the proper court to have filed the case is the Federal High Court, and not the Supreme Court. Besides, it is submitted that, the proper party to sue is the CBN not federal government.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by 8stargeneral: 10:10am On Mar 04, 2023
Yo boost economy....thought you said is for stop vote buying...useless president
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by BestMan001: 10:10am On Mar 04, 2023
We don't want it

Take it back
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Bluffly: 10:11am On Mar 04, 2023
vision2050:
Emefiele from South South destroy Nigeria in collaboration with Buhari from the North.

The policy is badly implemented and subject Nigerians to hardship.
The banks sabotaged by yet failing to fulfill the traditional banking principles of taking money from the surplus to the deficit. All the cash the banks received was giving to their own big guns rather than circulating it.
Going forward 1k and 5h should be drastically stepped down and increase lower notes with the highest having lesser number of notes in circulation.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 04, 2023
Lol how many times he wan Apologize.

Besides why is he Apologizing sef. Zombies & Urchins doesn't deserve any Stupid Apology. What they deserve is more Hardship than he is melting on them.

I trust Chicago Boy to do the Needful i am expecting on these Zombies & Urchins😂

Buhari is too Lenient.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by kenafrica: 10:12am On Mar 04, 2023
8 years of bad luck, only God knows how buhari manages his home.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by 0monnak0da: 10:12am On Mar 04, 2023
dfrost:

Jeez? 😱 he did? That's insane if he did. Link to the statement?
I am now your PA?
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 04, 2023
adioolayi:
I didn't hear him speak about Naira redesign policy in the clips though...

But, if true, then, I believe El-Rufai's submission that President Buhari can be "Convinced" by his cabinet members for their own selfish interests.

This is a very bad attributes of a leader anyways...how can the President be tossed around like a coin No wonder it seems we have been on a pilot scale for so long...and this also explains open interagency confrontations ....no form of alliance between agencies, everyone just doing what they like..

So good to see this administration bis coming to an end.

It is well
Buhari is sick and incapable of making crucial decisions. This is a clear handwriting of Emefiele and his godfathers.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by SirLakes: 10:13am On Mar 04, 2023
The only old Naira that's not in the CBN right now is in the hands of emiloCorn 🌽 and his geng grin grin

Geng of thieves angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by ORIAYO70(m): 10:13am On Mar 04, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Nonesense. Shame of a man, shame of a party, shame of APC. Mumu urchins think they are doing us. They don't have brain to understand they are killing themselves.

Expect pro max of all these if Tinubu is sworn in. But God will not allow it.

Dangerous dogs r in pain.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by dfrost: 10:14am On Mar 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Intended to boost the economy of the country

Can we just speed up to may 29 before the man has any more bright ideas?

I saw what you did 🤣😋😝
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Flaame(m): 10:15am On Mar 04, 2023
Buhari4sale:
You've been forgiven Mr president for gigging us BOLA AHMED TINUBU ỌMỌ ABIBAT...

Enemies should go and queue till 2063.. Anyone that doubts that year should please come and bet with me. Until 2063, igbos can't smell the seat of presidency. Nigeria no be no man's land. Na Hausa get am, Fulani collect am from them but they later realize Nigeria isn't for Hausas alone then they come in peace to Yorubas and igbos, seeking their cooperation to form a country irrespective of their differences in terms of tradition, culture and beliefs, natural traits and attitudes included.
But, not quite long after independence the most favourable tribe who think they are the most smartest and wisest destroyed the agreement between these three major tribes in Nigeria due to their greediness. It was leant that...

I no dey talk again jare... Everyone knows the story I beg
You really don’t have to talk again cos your wisdom is so wack,limited, and full of thrash. In a full passage I couldn’t pick out anything meaningful. Waste of s*men!
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by nzebig: 10:16am On Mar 04, 2023
[color=#990000][/color]And you fit hack INEC server Mr Hacker
Pantakul:
Hzhshh
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by dfrost: 10:16am On Mar 04, 2023
0monnak0da:

I am now your PA?

Definitely not. I mean you have to provide proof of what you said you saw. Not that hard, mate.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by jogojogo: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2023
ebukajay184:
President Buhari has apologized to Nigerians over the naira redesign policy, saying that it was not introduced to cause hardship, IGBERETV reports.

In his words;

https://twitter.com/yabaleftonline/status/1631344417771593752?s=19

Recall in October 2022, the Governor of the Central Bank, Godwin Emefiele, announced the plan to redesign the N200, N500, and N1,000 notes. The policy resulted in a scarcity of Naira in February after the deadline for the swapping of the old notes for the new notes expired.

https://igberetvnews.com/1439969/president-buhari-apologizes-naira-redesign-policy/

I thought the clueless Peter obi said we should be patient and now the owner of the policy has rejected the policy. What will Peter Obi and his co traveller Atiku say?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by chivic(m): 10:17am On Mar 04, 2023
[quote author=God1000 post=121458533]He's a big disappointment, the policy didn't stop politicians from rigging the election[/quote

It did my brother, the rigging was there,but vote buying was extremely reduced .The rigging aspect will be exposed due to technology .It's just a matter of time

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2023
Naira Redesign Policy is a political anti people policy orchestrated by the wicked creature in the wrong position to cause serious hardship through socio-economic sabotage it was intended to ignite and get people to revolt against the ruling party. I believe Mr President has understood the game played now by the cabals who did that using a dirty hand of Emefiwere to do the dirty job. Your apology is honorably accepted sir.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by BJanta: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

You are surely abnormal. Who formulated the policy? Who kicked against it? Who preached about it? It's too bad to see how you APC urchins reason.

You've to tell me you never supported it . The the problem with you Ibos is that you is that generally, your mental capacity is so terribly limited that you think beyond the immediate. And all you can do is to insult, showing a great mental handicap for intelligent reasoning and wise and fruitful engagement in discussion. That's why an Iboman can NEVER be a president in Nigeria, take it or leave it.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by hush15: 10:18am On Mar 04, 2023
God1000:
He's a big disappointment, the policy didn't stop politicians from rigging the election

The policy was part of the election manipulation plan jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Invest4growth: 10:18am On Mar 04, 2023
Then Do the right thing

Are we going to continue like this
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by mastermaestro(m): 10:18am On Mar 04, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Nonesense. Shame of a man, shame of a party, shame of APC. Mumu urchins think they are doing us. They don't have brain to understand they are killing themselves.

I can categorically affirm that you are shameless. You lots were celebrating Buhari a few weeks ago for this same myopic, ill-fated monetary policy even when some of us pointed out the inherent flaws and sufferings that would follow.

Now you are back shifting goalposts because your preferred candidate lost. You guys should learn to be objective irrespective of your political affiliation. Sometimes I wonder what kind of education some of you have.

Only a daft person would not have perceived that it was a dumb policy all along. How could anyone tackle electoral fraud using Naira redesign? That's why I asked one of your fellows, "Are we going to have to redesign the Naira before every general election in order to tackle electoral corruption?" You may want to answer this question. sad

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:18am On Mar 04, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

move on please
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Moh247: 10:18am On Mar 04, 2023
grin

Oga do give away if you are truly sorry, credit young Nigerians with the remaining AsoRock maintenance budget and you security votes

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Inner19(m): 10:19am On Mar 04, 2023
To apologize no dey hard them
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by aloaye11: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2023
It is such a shame
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by iammolise(m): 10:19am On Mar 04, 2023
God1000:
He's a big disappointment, the policy didn't stop politicians from rigging the election
The policy was created for rigging, he delibrately made that policy to aid his comrade BAT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by dapsoneh: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2023
To oo oo late! Failed attempt at stopping Jagaban but you failed
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Unchecked: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2023
Never seen a democratic government that the president is so powerful that he can easily override the decision of the supreme Court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Lightorder: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2023
Oga keep your apologies, it doesn’t fix it.
Now I have seen that the policy was rather targeted at the opposition parties. This made even Atiku go dollar.

holding back N500 and N1000 denominations would have been best for this economy but nothing good will ever come from Buhari’s APC government . Now his gang members can now enjoy their loot and the price of commodities will soar as high as the high denominations.

APC , thunder must fire all of you. You will all end in shame and disgrace

Before you come to scream ‘fake news’ , on of my in-laws from IMO state APC went home with somes wads of dollar bills
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Taiggarr: 10:22am On Mar 04, 2023
God1000:

Like how Labour Party rigged @ Enugu/Imo/parts of Lagos..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Come Out To Protest On June 12 If You Think You Can—Nigerian Soldier Threatens / Buhari To Address The Nation On Monday / Peter Obi In Central Mosque Bida Onitsha, Makes Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.