Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy (60627 Views)

Aso Rock Viral Video: First Lady Aisha Buhari Apologizes / Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / Abiola: President Buhari Apologizes To Nigerians Over June 12, 1993 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by OloyeVIII: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2023
Toluwanise247:
God bless the president elect God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu God bless our dear nation Nigeria God bless Nigerians God bless APC supporters God bless everyone that voted APC God bless me God bless you God bless nairaland users
Not a supporter of APC. But e sure for you OG!
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by snowball11(m): 11:28am On Mar 04, 2023
People actually voted this thing twice as their president! undecided

What a disaster of a president! cheesy

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Flaame(m): 11:31am On Mar 04, 2023
Buhari4sale:

Are you the one I saw under bridge at oshodi smoking and sweating heavily with only boxer ?
No,I’m the one that makes your mama cry every midnight….you don’t remember?
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by F117nighthawk: 11:38am On Mar 04, 2023
Everything about this man is a complete failure

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by LocalStandard1(m): 11:39am On Mar 04, 2023
kestolove95:
Olodo... May29 should come fast fast abg.. Diz man dey vex me

No be your beloved brother form Arewa again? Bigot!!
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by tete7000(m): 11:40am On Mar 04, 2023
adioolayi:
I didn't hear him speak about Naira redesign policy in the clips though...

But, if true, then, I believe El-Rufai's submission that President Buhari can be "Convinced" by his cabinet members for their own selfish interests.

This is a very bad attributes of a leader anyways...how can the President be tossed around like a coin No wonder it seems we have been on a pilot scale for so long...and this also explains open interagency confrontations ....no form of alliance between agencies, everyone just doing what they like..

So good to see this administration bis coming to an end.

It is well

The man is an illiterate. He is incapable of doing any serious analysis of issues. The same thing he did in 1983 that had attendant chaos is the same thing he repeated in 2022/2023.

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by statesman6: 11:41am On Mar 04, 2023
Imagine how people will celebrate buhari if obi won the election.
The man you've been praising because of naira redesign to stop vote buying suddenly turn to devil
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by BluntCrazeMan: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2023
ebukajay184:
President Buhari has apologized to Nigerians over the naira redesign policy, saying that it was not introduced to cause hardship, IGBERETV reports.

In his words;

https://twitter.com/yabaleftonline/status/1631344417771593752?s=19

Recall in October 2022, the Governor of the Central Bank, Godwin Emefiele, announced the plan to redesign the N200, N500, and N1,000 notes. The policy resulted in a scarcity of Naira in February after the deadline for the swapping of the old notes for the new notes expired.

https://igberetvnews.com/1439969/president-buhari-apologizes-naira-redesign-policy/
So,, did he say that we should get back to spending and using the old currency notes.??
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by grandstar(m): 11:51am On Mar 04, 2023
How will killing spending ability uplift the economy?
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by uche393: 11:54am On Mar 04, 2023
it will be a disaster if CBN reverse this Naira redesign, the past few weeks we've not had issues of kidnapping as it was before. APC should do anything to reduce kidnapping and banditry in Nigeria.

there one sect of kidnappers that came to a community to steal food stuff, because they don't have cash and can't get access bulk cash as before and they dare do transfer.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2023
Ok noted, good, now when are they releasing cash?
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Buhari4sale: 11:58am On Mar 04, 2023
Flaame:
No,I’m the one that makes your mama cry every midnight….you don’t remember?

Oh I must have mistaken you for someone else. But you actually look like someone I know to be candid.

Please, I. Hope you are the same person they wanted to burn along major Balogun road for box snatching on election day?
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by MelesZanawi: 12:00pm On Mar 04, 2023
jaxxy:

go to jail for what? is this rhe 1st cbn policy to cause hardship? Everything emefiele did wa constitutional

Constitutional indeed.
When I talk about going to jail, you think it is about recent policies? You don't even know anything at all.
Emefiele was involved in round-tripping dollars, collecting kickbacks from beneficiaries of CBN loans, supplying fictitious beneficiaries to receive CBN interventions.
When the time comes, his chapter will be opened and he will see hell.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by imagrg(m): 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2023
Like a military dictator that he was, so he is now.

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Thinkingfast: 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2023
I would urge Economist, Financial analysts, Bankers and accountants in the house tto shed an insight too.

IMHO firstly what is the role of Central Banks? They are public institutions with primary responsibility. 1. Implementing monetary policies
2. Managing currencies of a country
3. Controlling money supply
4. Regulating Banks

Strategic responsibility are;
Lender of last resort
Debt management
Control of credit
Clearing house for cheques & financial services
Custodian of nations reserves
Monetary and price stability
Monopoly of legal tender
Advices FG

Now the state Nigeria up to the start of Naira swap was

A. Serious inflationary pressures in the sysrem due to excessive money supply
B. Huge increase in debt levels
C. Massive dwindling of foreign reserves
D. Low taxation income due to our cash economy with no records
E. Probably some banks where having liquidity problems and about to fail.

Frankly unpalatable measures has to be taken including vindictive politics. The brakes slammed too hard and the masses has suffered including hunger and deaths.

Naira is mopped up it is mopped up it would be difficult to go back.

Never wait to what your country could do for you!
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Electrokco: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2023
Please CBN stop printing the new currency and make the old ones available in all ATM machines let's continue plz

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Emola12(m): 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2023
kestolove95:
Olodo... May29 should come fast fast abg.. Diz man dey vex me
make he handover to OBI abi So shall it be
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by reddingtonblack: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2023
bencr7:
so na today hardship start for nigeria with buhari 8 year of failure.
See wat I show below,all diz have happen before d naira policy

No one is disputing when & the time hardship starts, moreover Inflation is a global thing Nigerians don't know it, check the price if tin milk in 2002 and 2005 is it the same, did price of goods in 2014 lower than prices at 2011, inflation is not only pertinent to Buhari time, what makes Buhari worse is the "RATE" of inflation during his tenure. roger that

However what is New is some people condoling hardship and justifying it becos of selfish interest. Everyone was against the Naira re design.
As we speak now, some Nigerian are praying badly Tinubu fails and things get worst, just so they can mock us and say shebi we warn them, that is depth of evil in obedient minds
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by jaxxy(m): 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
MelesZanawi:

Constitutional indeed.
When I talk about going to jail, you think it is about recent policies? You don't even know anything at all.
Emefiele was involved in round-tripping dollars, collecting kickbacks from beneficiaries of CBN loans, supplying fictitious beneficiaries to receive CBN interventions.
When the time comes, his chapter will be opened and he will see hell.

u are a clown. where is ur evidence? gandollar who u have seen the evidence of kickbacks what have u done?
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Herbiodun09: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Nonesense. Shame of a man, shame of a party, shame of APC. Mumu urchins think they are doing us. They don't have brain to understand they are killing themselves.

Expect pro max of all these if Tinubu is sworn in. But God will not allow it.

It doesnt look like you ll make it in life angry

You sound bitter and frustrated like your life depends on tinubu sad
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by MelesZanawi: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2023
jaxxy:

u are a clown. where is ur evidence? gandollar who u have seen the evidence of kickbacks what have u done?

And you expect evidence to be pasted on Nairaland.
Wait till Tinubu enters and you will have plenty evidence.
You can then leave your car stand and go to court to defend Emefiele.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by CHAQUR: 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2023
No worries... Our neighbours in the south love you till last weekend of the presidential election... They said they forgave you of every wrong doings of your last 8 years in the villa.

But surprised at what I was reading here now from them.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by longview007: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
Tell me any good legacy you have kept in the past 8yrs.

May God help this nation called Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Vicson2021: 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2023
Bros, keep your Apology to yourself.it wouldn't change anything.
Nothing good can never come out of you.
Idiagbon try help you for 1983-85.since no good person around you to help you, how far, you no fail the present exam?
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2023
After showing them shege, the helpless and charmed animals in the Zoo will start taking this. Your sins had been forgiven you. The kind of witchcraft used in country the Zoo is a very strong one..
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by Canvass: 12:47pm On Mar 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
All your policies are always hard on the masses, it simply means you care less sir

Yes, you stated the simple truth. He played the ostrich all through, thinking the hard way is the only way. He succeeded in leaving a legacy, to wit: the most insensitive civilian president Nigeria ever had.

Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by TechguyBlog: 12:49pm On Mar 04, 2023
Werey cheesy
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by BreconHills(m): 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Nonesense. Shame of a man, shame of a party, shame of APC. Mumu urchins think they are doing us. They don't have brain to understand they are killing themselves.

Expect pro max of all these if Tinubu is sworn in. But God will not allow it.

Nothing will happen. Tinubu will be sworn in. You've ranted and raved against "the zoo", you've done same against APC and Tinubu, what's new?

PDP has more votes than Labour, go and fight them first.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by seguno2: 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2023
FireUpNow:
PMB should swallow his apology and drink a chilled jug of kunu because he has messed up the economy and financial sector. A clueless man

Please why should he drink kunu instead of drinking poison
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by jaxxy(m): 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2023
MelesZanawi:

And you expect evidence to be pasted on Nairaland.
Wait till Tinubu enters and you will have plenty evidence.
You can then leave your car stand and go to court to defend Emefiele.

clown what has tinubu done about the bullion van evidence against him and dollars in agbada against gandollar?

these are the important questions I should be asking b4 disturbing Emefiele.
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by FireUpNow(m): 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2023
seguno2:

Please why should he drink kunu instead of drinking poison
I don't want him to die
Re: President Buhari Apologizes Over Naira Redesign Policy by famology(m): 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2023
MUGU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Blasts Obi: You can be the best Economist, but you don't have character / Ex-FRSC Boss Buys Off Govt’s 7-day Old N13m Jeep As Scrap, Paying N150,000 / Lopsided Appointments: Northern Elders Release List Of Jonathan’s Appointees