Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

The Book Of Bible Gaffes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Bible Gaffes (15335 Views)

Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

Let's just go to number 4. The rest are mere speculations from your sides.
Why do you want to know the hospital. Do u know any Nigerian hosp that has successfully managed a stage 4 advanced cervical cancer.

Radio or chemo in benue state for stage 4 cervical cancer. I want to believe u work in a teaching hospital in Nigeria where u people just throw everything at patient anyhow. Someone that's dying, u will be telling the family to pay 100k for ICU, 50k for CT scan, 100k for theatre.
That's not how general or private hospital operates. She was referred anyway but didn't go.

That's what we offered her but when we explained to family it's just to reduce the fungating smell and help with quality of life but not really to cure the cancer, they took her away.
1. You said all I said was speculation? How do you know?
2. I know stage 4 CAs falls into palliative care. But they still receive chemo and radio. My question is was she on those treatments before they took her away?

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. You said all I said was speculation? How do you know?
2. I know stage 4 CAs falls into palliative care. But they still receive chemo and radio. My question is was she on those treatments before they took her away?

2. Nope.
But common be real. So u expecting chemo and radio to do the magic for a metastatic cancer. It makes them worse if anything. Esp in Nigeria where adjuvant treatment support is poor.
Look here, the woman has received her healing, let's move on.
I can tell u another one I witnessed in uch if u interested. I get them plenty for pocket. MIRACLE IS REAL.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

This tower of Babel story always crack me up whenever I hear it. Yahweh was hoping mad when they wanted to create a tower that is maybe 100 feet high. So what is he doing now folks are building skyscrapers and worse still, bursting out of the sky and hiking to the moon? Is he gonna have an apoplexy? cheesy

Read my post with comprehension then come back and discuss
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. This is just a perfect Ignorance of Obfuscation statement. Obviously you're intent on dodging questions here. You dodged some from me and now dodging some more questions.
What did I dodge from u or u avoided some of mine.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 1:05am On Apr 22, 2023
Maynman:

One Good fellow on earth How did you know, which area was noah situated?
Bible said so, noah was the only righteous man on earth at that time. For all the people had corrupted their ways and became very violent. Gen 6.12.

Maynman:

How many continents did they say he reach to warn them?
Did I mention noah warned anybody?

Maynman:

Your sambiasa analogy lacks zero sense.
Of course it will. Who will want his head chopped off on a block. I doubt u will last a day in the midst of those hyenas. The era of noah was hundred times worse.

Maynman:

Are you saying the rate of violence now is lesser than before because of the flood?
Yes, we sure have more than one righteous man now. And men of good morals abound.
Maynman:

If everyone around noah was evil and scheming wickedness, how was noah and his family alive?
God protected Noah.
Maynman:

How was noah able to successfully build the boat/ship?
it was a small boat and it took him 50 years to build. That was enough time for couple of guys and women to finish the work.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 1:31am On Apr 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

Interesting grin
1. So how is this physical man that those people saw? Did any of them describe him? How did you SirTee know as a fact that they saw a physical man?
because bible called who they saw Man. In case of Moses and the elders, they saw the feet of the physical image of God and they described it, they also had a meal together.
jaephoenix:

2. How did those people know that this physical man was in fact god?
because God revealed himself to them.
jaephoenix:

3. Look at this
◄ Genesis 32:30 ►
So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared
Its obvious Jacob saw yahweh and lived even though he knows its a death sentence. Why was he spared? grin
Already answered. U are very dishonest here.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 1:52am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Bible said so, noah was the only righteous man on earth at that time. For all the people had corrupted their ways and became very violent. Gen 6.12.

Did I mention noah warned anybody?

Of course it will. Who will want his head chopped off on a block. I doubt u will last a day in the midst of those hyenas. The era of noah was hundred times worse.

Yes, we sure have more than one righteous man now. And men of good morals abound.
God protected Noah.
it was a small boat and it took him 50 years to build. That was enough time for couple of guys and women to finish the work.

Who created the people that corrupted their ways and became very violent?
Weren’t you created in yahweh image and likeness?

Did your bible not mention noah warning people?

If noah can be the only righteous man on earth with people who are violent I’ll take my chances with sambiasa, like you said the world has lesser sinners now, in noah day everyone was a sinner except noah abi?

So we had more than a billion people during Noah time?

Why didn’t god protect jesus?

Couple of guys and women to finish which work??
I thought only noah was the only righteous one and others are corrupted and became violent?
How did those couple guys and women last a day in the midst of hyenas talkless of 50 years?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:03am On Apr 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

You're further indicting Yahweh and committing heresy. You're simply saying Yahweh is not omniscient
Your mentions too many to keep up. Same thing dancing around in circles. Now u ve jumped to original sin and why Christ didn't come earlier.
Let me ask you question. if Christ had come b4 the flood, what would have changed? Are u assuming there will be no judgement because Christ came earlier. Now that he had come, are u aware Jesus is coming back to enforce justice on the disobedient like yourself.
Christ came at the right time, when man had realised the carnal flesh cannot successfully fulfill the law, thus appreciating the work of Christ on the cross.

Finally u and maynman need to understand God has given man a choice via his soul. God made man with his own independent will- God will not make a decision for man.
Whatever decision man makes, God knows the outcome right from the beginning, but God will not force his will on mankind even if it's self destructive. You have to responsible for the choice u make so u can be rightly judged.
That's what set man apart and unique from other God's creation like angels, the right to make a choice- freewill.

After the flood, man had 2 choices, to repent and obey God or to revert to their evil ways of disobedience.
Your erroneous assumption here is to conclude God should know they will continue to sin so the previous judgement was a waste.
But even if God judges the world a million times, the next man would still be given that right to make a choice of who to follow. That's why he's a man and that's the only way his impending judgement can be deemed fair.
Understanding above answers a lot of your other questions.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:06am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Finally u and maynman need to understand God has given man a choice via his soul. God made man with his own independent will- God will not make a decision for man.
Whatever decision man makes, God knows the outcome right from the beginning, but God will not force his will mankind. You have to responsible for the choice u make so u can be rightly judged.
That's what set man apart and unique from other God's creation like angels, the right to make a choice- freewill.

After the flood, man had 2 choices, to repent and obey God or to revert to their evil ways of disobedience.
Your erroneous assumption here is to assume God should know they will continue to sin so the previous judgement was a waste.
But even if God judges the world a million times, the next man would still be given that right to make a choice of who to follow. That's why he's a man and that's the only way his impending judgement can be deemed fair.
Understanding above answers a lot of your other questions.

Who created man’s nature?
Since we have a choice, how did Yahweh know your choice from beginning?

If you are giving the right for who to follow, why are they punishing you for using your right?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:22am On Apr 22, 2023
Maynman:

Since we have a choice, how did Yahweh know your choice from beginning?
Man was made in the image.of God- spirit. But it's the soul that's responsible for the decision making
Because he's omniscient. He knows end right from the beginning Isaiah 46.10
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:24am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Man was made in the image.of God- spirit. But it's the soul that's responsible for the decision making
Because he's omniscient. He knows end right from the beginning Isaiah 46.10
Did everything that is part of man come from God?

But your decision even before you made it has already been known by your omniscience god, he knows the beginning and end. how did he know that if you are yet to make your decision?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:38am On Apr 22, 2023
Maynman:

Did everything that is part of man come from God?

But your decision even before you made it has already been known by your omniscience god, he knows the beginning and end. how did he know that if you are yet to make your decision?

Yes but only the spirit is made in his image.
Omniscience means all-knowing. God is all all-knowing in the sense that he is aware of the past, present, and future. Nothing takes him by surprise. His knowledge is total. He knows all that there is to know and all that can be known.
Do u know God has numbers for each strand of our hair. He's aware of that leaves that dropped off the branch in the thickest forest. There's no choice u make that's he's not aware.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:41am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Yes but only the spirit is made in his image.
Omniscience means all-knowing. God is all all-knowing in the sense that he is aware of the past, present, and future. Nothing takes him by surprise. His knowledge is total. He knows all that there is to know and all that can be known.
Do u know God has numbers for each strand of our hair. He's aware of that leaves that dropped off the branch in the thickest forest. There's no choice u make that's he's not aware.

Then, if God created man's eyes, legs and mind, he also created man's desires; all his desires, even his desire for knowledge and sex. Why did man sin?

Yahweh is all knowing yet you have freewill?
It seems you are only acting the script yahweh already wrote about your past, present and future, and brainwashed to believe you are under the pretense of freewill.

Yahweh knew Adam would sin, he plotted the scene lol
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:51am On Apr 22, 2023
Maynman:

Then, if God created man's eyes, legs and mind, he also created man's desires; all his desires, even his desire for knowledge and sex. Why did man sin?

Yahweh is all knowing yet you have freewill?
It seems you are only acting the script yahweh already wrote about your past, present and future, and brainwashed to believe you are under the pretense of freewill.

Yahweh knew Adam would sin, he plotted the scene lol
Your choice is within his knowledge not outside. nothing u do takes him by surprise. Maybe another time I will tell u why he gave us freewill/choice in the first place.
Goodnight.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:53am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Your choice is within his knowledge not outside. nothing u do takes him by surprise. Maybe another time I will tell u why he gave us freewill/choice in the first place.
Goodnight.

If he gave you freewill how did he know your choice before you made it?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 8:44am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

2. Nope.
But common be real. So u expecting chemo and radio to do the magic for a metastatic cancer. It makes them worse if anything. Esp in Nigeria where adjuvant treatment support is poor.
Look here, the woman has received her healing, let's move on.
I can tell u another one I witnessed in uch if u interested. I get them plenty for pocket. MIRACLE IS REAL.
Bro if you have been following my posts, I said remissions happen to everyone, including Muslims, Atheists etc, those that never prayed to Yahweh. So I don't understand what you are pointing at. Its not Yahweh that caused it. I told you that we scientists don't understand everything about these diseases, especially mitotic lesions
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 8:44am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Read my post with comprehension then come back and discuss
I read it. You choose to believe what your brain told you to believe
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 8:50am On Apr 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro if you have been following my posts, I said remissions happen to everyone, including Muslims, Atheists etc, those that never prayed to Yahweh. So I don't understand what you are pointing at. Its not Yahweh that caused it. I told you that we scientists don't understand everything about these diseases, especially mitotic lesions

Give me evidence of a metastatic fungating cervical cancer that went into full remission, without any form of therapy.
Post the evidence here, I will like to see it.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 8:52am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Pls go back to my first post, your answer is there. Bible writers ascribe words to God as they understand those words and events. It's left for us to discern the real intent by reading in context which is what I have done.
So if a Bible writer say Yahweh is refreshing then they are using words the way they understand?
So why did the bible claim its word is breathed by god when in fact it was all written by man? Isn't that criminal?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 8:52am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

You are just been disingenuous. U deliberately skipped the earlier verses Gen 32.24-29 which states a man came to wrestle Jacob and later blessed him. Jacob encountered a man whom he later realised was God.
I know all that. So why didn't god smite him? grin
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 8:56am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

So what's inside the ark of God and the tabernacle? What's the cloud during the day and pillar of fire at night that follows the Israelites.
Stephen was talking to fellow Jews like himself who understood what he meant.
Before u criticise the bible, pls do yourself a favour and actually study it, not just doing copy and paste.
The cloud and pillar are not inside the ark. They are outside and can be physically seen. The Ark of the Covenant is a gold-plated wooden chest that, in Jewish and Christian tradition, houses the two tablets bearing the Ten Commandments that were given to Moses by Yahweh.
So I don't even know what you're on about
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 9:03am On Apr 22, 2023
Maynman:

If he gave you freewill how did he know your choice before you made it?
because he knows your heart and thoughts.
Answer to one of your previous post- God created only good desires for humanity. Evil desires came up when man fell and sin entered the world.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 9:05am On Apr 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

The cloud and pillar are not inside the ark. They are outside and can be physically seen. The Ark of the Covenant is a gold-plated wooden chest that, in Jewish and Christian tradition, houses the two tablets bearing the Ten Commandments that were given to Moses by Yahweh.
So I don't even know what you're on about

The presence of God resides in them. That's his glory.
That's why people who touch the ark or enter the tabernacle without authority to do so are struck dead.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 9:18am On Apr 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

I know all that. So why didn't god smite him? grin
We are in the dispensation of grace.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 9:19am On Apr 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

So if a Bible writer say Yahweh is refreshing then they are using words the way they understand?
So why did the bible claim its word is breathed by god when in fact it was all written by man? Isn't that criminal?
It meant inspired by God.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 9:59am On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

because he knows your heart and thoughts.
Answer to one of your previous post- God created only good desires for humanity. Evil desires came up when man fell and sin entered the world.
he already knows the decision you’ll pick before you decided to pick it, if you have freewill how was he able to know your choice?
When you think you have a choice it’s yahweh deceiving you that you have one, he has already programmed you to choose the choice he wants that’s why he knows your choice before you picked it.

Is everything that’s part of man come from god?
Did yahweh know that adam would sin?
Before adam sin, where did adam get the desire for knowledge?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2023
Maynman:

But he already knows the decision you’ll pick before you decided to pick it, if you have freewill how was he able to know your choice?
When you think you have a choice it’s yahweh deceiving you that you have one, he has already programmed you to choose the choice he wants that’s why he knows your choice before you picked it.

Is everything that’s part of man come from god?
Did yahweh know that adam would sin?
Before adam sin, where did adam get the desire for knowledge?

Then explain deut 30.19 when God says
I call heaven and earth to record this day
against you that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live,

God knows your decision at the point of making it because out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
In Christianity, man doesn't have a fixed destiny he brought from heaven or a destiny stuck with him at birth. That's Islam.

Only spirit is from God, body is from earth and he gave man a soul. The soul isn't part of God.
Adam had knowledge and intelligence that came from God. How was he able to tend the soil and gives names without knowledge. Man desired wisdom to make him like GOd, that was his greed.
God doesn't think sin, it's against his nature. His thoughts for us are good and pure.
Adam had the choice to either obey God and live or disobey him and accept the consequence. It had nothing to do with God.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Then explain deut 30.19 when God says
I call heaven and earth to record this day
against you that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live,

God knows your decision at the point of making it because out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
In Christianity, man doesn't has an unchanged destiny he brought from heaven or a fixed destiny stuck with him when he was born. That's Islam.

Only spirit is from God, body is from earth and he gave man a soul. The soul isn't part of God.
Adam had knowledge and intelligence that came from God. How was he able to tend the soil and gives names without knowledge. Man desired wisdom to make him like GOd, that was his greed.
God doesn't think sin, it's against his nature. His thoughts for us are good and pure.
Adam had the choice to either obey God and live or disobey him and accept the consequence. It had nothing to do with God.

So your god does not know your decision before you make it, how then does he know the future?

Who created man with his body, spirit and soul?

So before adam ate the fruit he already knew how to be greedy?
Who created man with his desires?

Adam also didn’t create himself with ability to sin, desires and weaknesses.
Who created adam with those features?

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2023
Maynman:

So your god does not know your decision before you made it, how then does he know the future?

Who created man with his body, spirit and soul?
Sincerely your question isn't clear. Are u talking about decision make at a particular period in time.
God knows the end of all choices available at your whims but u will be the one to choose. Whichever one u choose, he knows the end.

Man doesn't have a fixed destiny. Like u will grow up and become an armed robber and then u will rob a bank one day and be shot by police officers and then die. Or this child will grow up and will definitely become the president of Nigeria- nothing can change it.
No, that's not Christianity. U confusing it with Islam.

Ok I wil repeat man's nature for the last time and that's it.
God made man as a being who is a made in God's image which is the spirit, has a soul given to him by God and lives in the body which is from earth.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Sincerely your question isn't clear. Are u talking about decision make at a particular period in time.
God knows the end of all choices available at your whims but u will be the one to choose. Whichever one u choose, he knows the end.

Man doesn't have a fixed destiny. Like u will grow up and become an armed robber and then u will rob a bank one day and be shot by police officers and then die. Or this child will grow up and will definitely become the president of Nigeria- nothing can change it.
No, that's not Christianity. U confusing it with Islam.

Do you know what “ALL knowing” mean?
So your god does not know the particular choice you’ll choose?

Gamblers knows the end of all choices available in a game but don’t know how the game will go.
Gamblers don’t know the future, your god also doesn’t that’s why he keeps regretting.

If your god doesn’t know exactly what will happen in the future, that means the book of revelation is a farce.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Ok I wil repeat man's nature for the last time and that's it.
God made man as a being who is a made in God's image which is the spirit, has a soul given to him by God and lives in the body which is from earth.

Who gave man two hands and two feet and created them exactly as they are today, and exactly as they were in the time of Adam and Eve?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
Maynman:

Who gave man two hands and two feet and created them exactly as they are today, and exactly as they were in the time of Adam and Eve?
What u describing is the body

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Dream Of Being Naked Inside The Church,pls Help / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.