Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG (36025 Views)

"Report To Work Unfailingly": TUC Tells Members, Opts Out Of Nationwide Protest / Economic Hardship: Begin Importation Of Food - TUC Tells FG / Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by deji17: 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
inoki247:
Lol so State Govt wey no fit afford 30k also will now increase dere own 2 what...

So other Nigerians not employed by the Civil servant will be working and paying tax to Fund Federal Govt workers life....

Before they start giving any Federal Worker any pay rise they need to start putting them on target nd let them be productive apart from the Federal Govt teachers doz one deserve it....
One of the reasons that can't afford higher minimum wage is the price of fuel.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by frankson1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
I told tinubu that he can steal election results and bribe INEC but governance is a different thing. You cannot steal governance no matter how you try.

He shook he hands after you met and told him this... right undecided

2 Likes

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2023
lwisee:
They are not serious
Everybody will just be talking anyhow
Most of these government workers does nothing other than gossip in the office. They are only busy when it's time to pay salary.
They are nothing but liability to Nigeria.
FG should digitize operations of all government parastatals and reduce the workforce by half.
200k may be too much maybe 100k but for you to advocate laying off workers shows your mental state. Instead of you to focus on lawmakers earning 38million per month( enough to pay 380 persons 100k per month)for doing absolutely nothing, you are talking trash. It's better you advocate the Civil servants sit up rather than downsizing a country's workforce marred by high unemployment rate. Werey

5 Likes

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Bringbackmandat: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol math wasn't your subject growing up? 600*31= 18600
don't forget that Nigeria is 49 times richer than.
It is a shame that Nigerians are comparing themselves with Ghana.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by GoodbutBadguy: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
for a country without oil. Do you know that only one state in Nigeria is richer than the whole Ghana.
DIYR bro, Ghana is a oil producing country and has a very few population compare to Nigeria
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by MT: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/06/05/subsidy-removal-crisis-increase-workers-minimum-wage-to-n200000-tuc-tells-fg/

How did all these individuals become Union Leaders. TUC should bankrupt the economy na

1 Like

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Haveyoueatentod: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
I am disappointed with TUC.I was expecting N500,000
ogbon sodiki Wiseman grin

1 Like

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Ewedegubbler: 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
Na so Tinubu go buy wahala on first day of work oo.

Well. When u steal motor without knowing how to drive. Ur case go be like osuofia and Sam loco

2 Likes

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by udy4luv88(m): 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
I support... Una see road!
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by casualobserver: 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
shut up. Liar!

I don’t expect anything less from 0bidiots. No sense, no brain, no knowledge, no nothing just shouting and abusing up and down.

6 Likes

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by udy4luv88(m): 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
I support, una see road.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by royalfly(m): 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
lwisee:
They are not serious
Most of these government workers does nothing other than gossip in the office. They are only busy when it's time to pay salary.
FG should digitize operations of all government parastatals and reduce the workforce by half.

Something tells me no fg worker in ur family or village. Where do u work what do u actually do? See life nor end 4 ur reasoning, thank God 4 that. The doctor that operates will not operate everyday. Na wheel barow u dey push. Watin u wan dey work. Nor vex sha, no insult meant just that una too dey talk watin nor follow

1 Like

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Godszilla: 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
Official figure - Ghana's inflation rate drops to 41.2% in April 2023 from over 50% earlier in the year.

"PLEASE NO ONE EATS INFLATION BUT WHAT I KNOW IS THAT THE PRICE OF GOODS AND SERVICES HAVE MULTIPLIED BY ALMOST 4 TIMES SINCE THE LAST ONE YEAR. NO ONE EATS AND DRINKS INFLATION"

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/artikel.php?ID=1764233&comment=0#com

casualobserver:

Ghana is an oil producing country, their petrol is N800/ liter
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Jorryy(m): 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Let the politicians be on civil service pay rate and pay them as per there correspondence level! At least minimum wage should start from 100k realistically!
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Bringbackmandat: 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
casualobserver:

I don’t expect anything less from 0bidiots. No sense, no brain, no knowledge, no nothing just shouting and abusing up and down.
are you confused? Ghana doesn't have crude oil. Yet they are selling less than you so called giant of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by sunboy(m): 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
200k is quite unrealistic. We need to remember that minimum wage is the lowest any employer of Labour should pay an employee and this includes public/private.

By implication, that means that a POS attendant, a janitor, restaurant server must be paid Atleast that minimum?

Yes it will drive up inflation, but how will a private employer afford that?

How do you raise from 30-200k without a corresponding boost in the consumer behavior ?
Or without a Corresponding boost in the economy

I’d expect something between 50-80k realistically as a minimum wage. And a considerable tax holiday for people making less then 250k/month.

2 Likes

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Bringbackmandat: 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:

DIYR bro, Ghana is a oil producing country and has a very few population compare to Nigeria
population is an access not a liability.
UK is bigger today because of their population.
China and India are strong today because of their population.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Elsueno: 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
Now, this is the kind of thing I want to hear from labor grin

1 Like

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
200k?

Where dem wan see am,

With all the trillion-dollar debt Muhammadu Buhari dumped on us

No worry. Na for Russia hand dem go go collect loan
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by okuta007: 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
sonature1:
I think they should be pushing for 100k per month minimum wage. 200k per month is too much. Do they want the government to spend 90% of federal earnings paying salaries?

If minimum wage is N100k a loaf of bread will be N5,000 - you can’t decree prosperity- you work hard to earn it - more money in circulation does not mean purchasing power - all of you calling for minimum wage increase are daft because you are not considering inflation effect of that N100k 😒

1 Like

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by ubox: 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
population is an access not a liability.
UK is bigger today because of their population.
China and India are strong today because of their population.
Not when a great part of the country is unproductive and western education is haram

1 Like

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Bfly: 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
Im stil waiting for the idan baba wan perform
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Acidosis(m): 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2023
LOL

At 100K minimum wage sef, 85% of the companies in Nigeria will go bankrupt.

Anyway, business men and women are waiting for government to act. Increase minimum wage to 200K and get ready to buy a tuber of yam for 25K.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Savechild23: 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2023
I don’t play partisan so if Tinubu can lift minimum wage then he is good to go
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Ladiesdream: 9:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
okuta007:

If minimum wage is N100k a loaf of bread will be N5,000 - you can’t decree prosperity- you work hard to earn it - more money in circulation does not mean purchasing power - all of you calling for minimum wage increase are daft because you are not considering inflation effect of that N100k 😒
roadside economics, what do you think is the solution to subsidy removal and the current high rate of products.

2 Likes

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by nnamdi640: 9:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
lwisee:
They are not serious
You guys just want to justify the wickedness of this present government just because he is from your side. Tell me, what does senators do for them to be collecting big money, you are trying to say that the government workers do nothing in office and don't deserve pay increment forgetting that the senators and honourables don't do anything meaningful to justify the lion share they do collect.

1 Like

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by 3kay945(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
lwisee:
They are not serious

And you have made sense with this write-up abi.

Grow up and stop playing.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by GambaOsaka: 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
Funny thing is President Tinubu is so connected that if the leaders of these unions wouldn’t budge and agree to sensible negotiations, there would be internal crisis among them , and the labor unions would be in disarray.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by GambaOsaka: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Savechild23:
I don’t play partisan so if Tinubu can lift minimum wage then he is good to go
Agreed, but 200k 😳 Haba. Make dem fear God na.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Peppysco: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
I am disappointed with TUC.I was expecting N500,000

#500k, so that inflation will destroy the economy finally abi, weldone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-Rufai: 'Christians Won’t Vote For Me, Even If Pope Is My Running Mate' / EFCC Detains Osita Okechukwu, Probes ₦1.3 Billion Fraud / Okowa, Baba-Ahmed Ask INEC To Cancel Elections At Joint Briefing (Video/Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.