Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? (39155 Views)

My Cousins Wife Wants Me To Interfere Into Their Family Issues!!! / Nairalanders! I Caught My Late Uncle's Wife In The Act / How Do I Break A Blood Oath I Took With My Late Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by nass4real: 6:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
Exactly what am thinking.
Ballzproblem2:
make talk no circulate say na you and the lady kill your late cousin o ,I don talk my own.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Pablodtotti: 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nothing is wrong with that as long as she makes you happy.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Lincton: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
I have seen and read so many sensible and reasonable's contribution. You can follow some of those advices
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by OdefaGirl(f): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
EmptyGarden:
Well, since she’s the only woman left in the world… go right ahead. SMH! Na covetousness Dey worry you!

Do you know the meaning of covetousness?
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by OdefaGirl(f): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Caramia2020:
What if what happens to your late cousin happens to u in 5 years time? Because of a woman u are now labeling your late cousin infertile not minding whether it's the woman that damage her womb during abortion like that other lady? Happiness is free but don't bring your complain to us later on when jungle mature. I believe you guys have started having sex. Continue.

If she was the infertile one, would he have interest in her.... don't you use your brain?
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Akagbe(m): 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2023
I wonder ooo
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Poleski: 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:
Pls something is really bothering my mind and I pray I will find good advice here.

I reside in Port-Harcourt about 1 and half years ago Iost my cousin. He died of heart attack. After his death, his wife has been getting closer to me, always calling me and visiting me and am still single. I have had failed relationships in the past. I have been so unlucky with the kind of ladies I met. They are always violent and disrespectful which I dislike so much.

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding and they married for just 6 years here in Port Harcourt before he died and they never had a child due to infertility on the side of the cousin. But now everyone like friends and family knows me and scared if I should make advances to her if they won't be saying things against me or should I just forget and look for another lady to marry.

Pls i need ur serious advise. She has fallen in love with me already.

In my area, it's ok to marry my late brother's wife if I wanted to, in order to keep her and his children in the family, but I don't wish to do that because I'm already married.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with you marrying your late cousin's wife. As long as both of you love each other and you know she is a good person, go for it. Go get your woman!
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Caramia2020(m): 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
OdefaGirl:

If she was the infertile one, would he have interest in her.... don't you use your brain?
Brain user, he should go ahead n impregnate her. You are supporting her because you would have done the same. Loose thing.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by ultraviolet27(f): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
U Can if She is willing to it isn't as if She Was forced against Her Wish And I See nothing Wrong there afterall God Asked Er and His Younger Brother to Marry Their Elder Brother's Widow!!

Moreover the Culture of Widow inheritance hasn't gone into extinction in Nigeria.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by GUNITGuy: 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
She would get married to another man and that must NOT BE YOU ....and for tagging your late cousin infertile ....Do you want to help him bare an heir to his name ....My brother don't start what would raise questions after a while no matter what .....
If you're not careful you would eventually get her pregnant it's obvious attraction and sexual affection is building...
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Dshocker(m): 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:
Pls something is really bothering my mind and I pray I will find good advice here.

I reside in Port-Harcourt about 1 and half years ago Iost my cousin. He died of heart attack. After his death, his wife has been getting closer to me, always calling me and visiting me and am still single. I have had failed relationships in the past. I have been so unlucky with the kind of ladies I met. They are always violent and disrespectful which I dislike so much.

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding and they married for just 6 years here in Port Harcourt before he died and they never had a child due to infertility on the side of the cousin. But now everyone like friends and family knows me and scared if I should make advances to her if they won't be saying things against me or should I just forget and look for another lady to marry.

Nothing you want tell me; you've been sleeping with her before now.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by fabolouz1(m): 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
You will also die of heart attack.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by ultimateprof: 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

To me, what you stands to loose are more than what you stands to gain. Assume we're all in a sane country, I would have support you, but for this reason free that woman.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by 7arrows: 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

I'm beginning to wonder how your cousin truly died? We need to open the case file again.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Chee59(f): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
1.5 years ago, she lost her husband.
I bet you're currently sleeping with her.
Covetousness is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by leksonltd: 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
There is nothing wrong in marrying your late cousins widow. Don't let anyone stop you from being happy. If it makes you happy, go for it.
Traditionally too, there's nothing wrong in it.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by pagorino(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
You get insect eyes (oju kòkòrò).
Where is yiur dignity?
Go find your wife elsewhere
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Sman37(m): 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

Islamically u can but for man-made theory u may not .... u wont do anything good in life you fear any of 1failure and 2critics!
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by maasoap(m): 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

Nothing bad in it but it is a big deal in this part of the world. It is not worth it. Free her and move on.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by seemegold: 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
wink[sub][/sub]
DollarSigns:

With similar respect, you’ve got a myopic reasoning
The lady is good to him, her husband is dead as such she’s got no links with the husband’s family, she’s free to have a life, OP and the lady are both comfortable, they don’t need anyone’s advice/support; Family or otherwise
Happiness is free
Most comments bashing/discouraging the OP are just due to the mindset that the African man’s brain is stereotyped that the woman must always loose in marriage.
Is it a bad thing for the woman to live happily ever after on the demise of her husband?
This same audience, par adventure, the story was reversed and the Man was alive and wanted to marry even his late wife’s sister/cousin, everybody would be giving encouragement and calling it the wheel of fate

OP, flex your chic, you dunno whether na fate kill your cousin to link you up with your destiny helper☺️
The road to success, all man get he cross✅
Life na personal journey, no pain, no gain
Lastly one man’s poison is definitely another man’s balanced diet 🙃

Shalom 👋
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Yoighaman(m): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
@OP: You sure say nor be you and the wife kill your cousin?... because this your question get as e be.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Killermamba: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
Innobee99:
Why my gbola go even stand for my late cousin brother's wife? Not weird right? U go fit r@pe ur brother's wife aswear.
God punish that your rotten mouth. You fit Bleep your mama. Idiot
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by fortunechy(m): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
So ladies have finished for this country to the extent of marrying ur late Cousin's wife?? Some people self
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Xkale1996(m): 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

If your intentions are of good, pray and Related it with the elders in the family first before embarking.

E no bad at all
But consult the elders first
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by EndRape2(f): 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Abomination

ote author=yrhuhfy113 post=123887134]NOTHING WRONG but pls do you due diligence in finding out properly about her thoroughly.
Being a widow is not a stigma
May God give you wisdom. [/quote]
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by ddeola: 1:28am On Jun 20, 2023
Bros, pray to God to give you your own wife o. No go there o undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by alizma: 3:33am On Jun 20, 2023
saweide:

If the late person had been your brother, I would have say you both should try a trick on your own parent to see their reaction and if you get a green light, you can proceed but this is your cousin, how do you think his parents and siblings will feel, do you think they can ever believe you don't have a hand in your cousin's death? You said you are just about a yr and half in PH where the incident happened and I want to believe that your cousin has been gone for a year at least because if not and you are already eyeing his wife, I will be among the first to accuse of having a hand in his death. But if I am correct, that shows you were just about 6 months in town when it happened. By the time his parents sleep over the numbers, you will be surprised that your own immediate family and that of your cousin will never remain the same after your proposed married to the lady.
However, if your cousin's family noticed your closeness and the idea comes from them, it would be a plus to your secret desire and that erase all said earlier but anything short of that, be prepared for crisis ahead.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Karnice600: 4:28am On Jun 20, 2023
saweide:

Does she still bear your late cousin's name or not. If she still bears the name, is it same as your family name?
This isn't uncle Laban, Jacob and Rachael's era. This is the 21st century.
That lady is still within your family circle. She's best fit for someone outside that circle. For the sake of sanity and chastity, I'll suggest you let her alone.
Whether you don even begin dey nack her, well, Gawd airpus.
But if na marriage, abeg no reason am.
Always check the fruit that drops directly at your feet while standing under a tree. It could seem like a free fresh gift from above, when actually its a left over from the birds that betrays your dignity.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by WORLDPEACE(m): 4:38am On Jun 20, 2023
EmptyGarden:
Well, since she’s the only woman left in the world… go right ahead. SMH! Na covetousness Dey worry you!

Covetousness is when you hunger for someone else's property.

His cousin is dead.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by udeh3(m): 6:21am On Jun 20, 2023
I'll advise you to leave the lady. Find someone else to marry. It's all for your health and sanity

Once you marry, different narratives will start churning out. Some, you can't defend.

Wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by PeggySandas(f): 6:39am On Jun 20, 2023
undecided

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Innobee99(m): 6:41am On Jun 20, 2023
Killermamba:

God punish that your rotten mouth. You fit Bleep your mama. Idiot
Ur mouth dey like goat anus aswear

Wasted Spam

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies: When Your Guy Discovers You Have Cheated, Break Up / How To Know If Your Man Had Sex Before Coming Home / This Is A True Life Story By A NYSC Member… Read Below

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.