Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? (39151 Views)

My Cousins Wife Wants Me To Interfere Into Their Family Issues!!! / Nairalanders! I Caught My Late Uncle's Wife In The Act / How Do I Break A Blood Oath I Took With My Late Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by somtochukwu161: 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
To be candid with u there shouldn't be no reason for u to start HV feelings for her.she is Ur late cousin's wife u hv to respect that fact even if he is late now Ur saying they were unable to HV a child based on infertility from Ur cousin how do u knw?are u emotionally blackmailing him ?what will d both families say even Ur cousins side.of all d women na dat one enter Ur eye brotherly HV a serious meeting with Ur inner self from her own side what will her people say?won't this decision affect d entire familyask questions ooo
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Livingshadow: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
The Bible allows the nearest kinsman to a childless dead relative to marry his widow but with the condition that their firstborn will have to bear the name of the dead relative so as to preserve his name. (Deut. 25: 5-6). So go ahead if you are the nearest (or a near) kinsman to your late cousin and you are also ready to dedicate your firstborn from the union to be your late cousin's.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by luckedesiri(m): 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
Na u kill your late cousin? Go find another woman marry make another man own no dey enter your eye
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by goalsplanners: 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2023
yeah if she fine
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by isabi2lof: 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hmmm, do you want to give your late cousin's a son undecided ,I heard that some tribes do practice this ,

And how do you know that it was your cousin that has infertility issues ?

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by ashawopikin(m): 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding
..and he died of heart attack
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by pacificom: 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
There is nothing wrong about it,, but it's something that both of you have to consult elders in the family for cultural approval.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by cejaypriesty(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
In some cultures it is completely normal. My aunt married the younger brother of her late husband infact it was compulsory for the younger brother to marry if she so agree then she did and they got married.
Anyways nowadays things have changed so I guess you talk to your family and pray to see what the Lord will reveal to you ,carry out the necessary tests and then proceed if you get the green light .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by tabaralph: 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2023
[quote author=EmptyGarden post=123887569]Well, since she’s the only woman left in the world… go right ahead. SMH! Na covetousness Dey worry you![
All his story na wash, he dey bang that woman even when the cousin was still alive, if na lie make him swear with thunder
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Warlord2014(m): 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:
Pls something is really bothering my mind and I pray I will find good advice here.

I reside in Port-Harcourt about 1 and half years ago Iost my cousin. He died of heart attack. After his death, his wife has been getting closer to me, always calling me and visiting me and am still single. I have had failed relationships in the past. I have been so unlucky with the kind of ladies I met. They are always violent and disrespectful which I dislike so much.

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding and they married for just 6 years here in Port Harcourt before he died and they never had a child due to infertility on the side of the cousin. But now everyone like friends and family knows me and scared if I should make advances to her if they won't be saying things against me or should I just forget and look for another lady to marry.

Pls i need ur serious advise. She has fallen in love with me already.

Hmmm.... Baba go look for another woman to marry.

There lot of women with same/similar attributes as hers.

Also advise her to move on wither life, and to get married whe she finds love again.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Warlord2014(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2023
isabi2lof:
Hmmm, do you want to give your late cousin's a son undecided ,I heard that some tribes do practice this ,

And how do you know that it was your cousin that has infertility issues ?
Good question.... You are a man of wisdom
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by greatestdestiny: 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:
Pls something is really bothering my mind and I pray I will find good advice here.

I reside in Port-Harcourt about 1 and half years ago Iost my cousin. He died of heart attack. After his death, his wife has been getting closer to me, always calling me and visiting me and am still single. I have had failed relationships in the past. I have been so unlucky with the kind of ladies I met. They are always violent and disrespectful which I dislike so much.

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding and they married for just 6 years here in Port Harcourt before he died and they never had a child due to infertility on the side of the cousin. But now everyone like friends and family knows me and scared if I should make advances to her if they won't be saying things against me or should I just forget and look for another lady to marry.

Hmmmmmmn.. Did you kill him because of his wife?
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by isabi2lof: 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
Warlord2014:

Good question.... You are a man of wisdom
Thanks .. I'm a lady.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Peppysco: 3:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
NOTHING WRONG but pls do you due diligence in finding out properly about her thoroughly.
Being a widow is not a stigma
May God give you wisdom.

Dear OP, kindly refrain from this advise, please.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by MissLeslie(m): 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
U need your parents view on this as well as the parent of your late cousin. Ask them first.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by abachaphilo(m): 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

this kind of thing happen in my village, the lady pretended to be good and have giving birth to 6 children she now call it off and she said the children belong to her late husband and the will answer her late husband name, she went further by telling her children that there father is death and they should not mind this man, this made the children hate the man till toady so when people so what happen they told the man to go and marry another woman and leave his dead brother wife alone, the man now married at old age but was not able to train his children this made both children of his wife and of his brother wife hate him the suffered till his death please be-careful women women oh women
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Dchampion65: 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

Is it acceptable in your tribe?
How old is she?
Are you ready to dare the yabs from your friends?
What would be your parents and other cousin opinion?
Being a widow is not a stigma. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Osanoghodua1: 4:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
My culture doesn't encourage that. I feel it's not ideal too. So many women in the whole world and they're praying for a good husband. Let her go and marry someone else. Just an advise you mustn't take my counsel.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by timiade446(m): 4:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
E fit don dey chop the woman like that

Cos Na gbola fit make am love you like that

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Babastrong(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Whenever*i*wanted*to*buy*things*e.g*car,*phone*,cloth*,etc,*i*preter*tearrubber*to*fairlyused*.the*later*always*irritate*me.
even*the*lady*i*married7years*ago*,i*teared*her*THING*myself.
even*to*do*farming*na*virgin/land*i*dey*go*for.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Kekenapep: 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
To avoid stories that touch the heart, please move on. This below is a good advice.
Towerex:
Well, I get your point because already you are in love with her. But even if your love and feelings for her is genuine, I will strongly advise you keep off. They are several women out there. Just marry someone else. Leave your cousins widow alone. Trust me no matter how deaf and hardened you feel you are,side talks will impact the relationship negatively. This won't be about you but about her. Women are very emotional. Talks get at them and you don't want to continually baby sit her in your bid to help her filter what she gabbage in and out of her head. On the other hand, for her to quickly make advances at you in just a year and half, something is definitely not right somewhere. Lastly, you will never help her perfectly heal. To help her heal perfectly, guide her to get another man and not you.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by dododawa1: 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
LOL 😂🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂🤣🤣🤣😂🤣
Problem sleep,yaga go wake am.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Tinos95(m): 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
make talk no circulate say na you and the lady kill your late cousin o ,I don talk my own.
Ballzproblem2:
make talk no circulate say na you and the lady kill your late cousin o ,I don talk my own.
Ballzproblem2:
....My brother the thing self tire me ooo
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by kwasoly(m): 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

And Jesus wept!!!
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by dododawa1: 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
If I be your PARENT,I will ask you, hope you don't have HAND in YOUR cousin journey.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by drtwist(m): 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

What is the culture of your land . In urhobo the woman is still married to the family even if the husband is dead until she requested to leave the family or to marry someone else from the family who will take care of her
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by deavicky(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

but una don dey nack abi?.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Father4all: 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nothing wrong with that. Bro, if your hands are clean, do the proper things and get her to be your wife. Don't mind people, they must talk
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by phizzle017(m): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
It’s sunnah to marry a Widow or widower please do give love a chance. Cheers
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Funkeymaster(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

Run ooooo, Run oooooo, Run oooooo.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by stampo: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Do the normal traditional Rights..

If u guys are compatible, marry her and both of you relocate....

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Whitelion07(m): 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ireportlive:
Just pray about it... And seek spiritual guidance

Everyone deserves happiness even a widow
na so una Dey mislead people. Advice him to pray and seek spiritual guidance in choosing a wife from countless single girls out there not his late cousin’s widow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

These Online Girls Are Not Beautiful In Real Life, Nigerian Man Says / How To Know If Your Man Had Sex Before Coming Home / Ladies: When Your Guy Discovers You Have Cheated, Break Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.