Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,170 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists (13362 Views)

Christians/muslims - Define "Idol Worship" - By Pagans / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Enigma(m): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2011
^^^ You are even wasting time! You forget you are quoting from the very MUMU who started a thread "God R.aped Mary Who Gave Birth to A Bastard Child"!

And the hypocritical MUMU claims he wants dialogue!

By the way, every evangelical atheist is ipso facto a MUMU automatically!

cool
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by brainpulse: 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2011
zataxs:

@brainpulse

There is really no reason to shout at all.

IT IS VERY HEALTHY IF AN ATHEIST BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD. AND IT IS UNDERSTANDING IF THEY TEND TO WANT TO USE THE COMPREHENSION OF HUMAN UNDERSTANDING TO REVEAL THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE.
<<
No atheist in his right mind is trying to use human understanding to reveal the knowledge of God. This is of course impossible like you state.
Mostly because there is no God in the first place.

>>

WHILE WE DO NOT SEE GOD, BUT THAT DOESN'T PROVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD. NOBODY HAS SEEN THE WIND BEFORE BUT WE FEEL IT. NOBODY HAS SEEN DEATH BEFORE BUT WE BELIEVE THAT THERE IS DEATH AND IT WILL COME TO MAN ONE DAY. IF WE CAN NOT PROVE SOMETHINGS THROUGH OUR 6 SENSES THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT DOESN'T EXIST. IT ONLY MAKES A FOOL OF OURSELVES WHEN WE BELIEVE THAT SOMETHINGS DONT EXIST AND DISCOVERIES LATER FINDS OUT SUCH A THING EXIST.
<<
[b]Feeling something does not constitute its existence. The feeling is real. I don't doubt. But the object in question may or may not exist. feeling is not an attribute of something that exists.
I feel that it will rain today,  it may not rain, it many rain,  it does little to prove because you felt it rained. Get my drift?
People see/feel sometimes what is not real,
[/b]

E.g. maybe people may feel that someone else hates them or even loves them,  either a gut feeling or by trying to interrupt the others reactions/actions. but they could be wrong right?

>>

GOD ONLY REVEALS HIMSELVES TO THOSE THAT EARNESTLY SEEK HIM IN TRUTH AND IN SPIRIT ( PALS DONT LET US ARGUE AGAIN ON THE EXISTENCE OF SPIRIT). AND THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIS EXISTENCE CAN ONLY COME TO A MAN BY FAITH. AND WHEN HIS REVELATION COMES YOU BEGIN TO FEEL HIM AND KNOW HIM BETTER. YOU CAN NEVER NEVER COME TO THE REALITY OF HIS EXISTENCE MY HUMAN KNOWLEDGE. AND NO MATTER HOW YOU DO NT BELIEVE HIS EXISTENCE IT CAN NEVER REMOVE ANYTHING FROM HIM. FINE YOU CAN HAVE EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD AND STILL DON'T BELIEVE HE EXIST, IT STILL HAS NOT PROVEN ANY FACT THAT HE DOES NT EXIST.

<<
Before the White man came to Nigeria amadioha was "real",   and people felt his power. They had visions that actually materialized into fact( few admit where they failed though and made the wrong predictions) , now christianity is no exception. Do you think your experience is more authentic than an Islamic one or Buddhists one? how about baptist vs catholic?
>>

NOTE. YOU CAN NEVER PROVE THAT GOD EXIST IN THE LAB, IN THE WORK SHOP, IN A REACTOR ETC ( THAT IS THE PROBLEM OF EV RY ATHEIST), THEY WANT A SCIENTIFIC PROVE AND GOD IS NOT A LAB MOUSE TO CONDUCT EXPERIMENT ON. TO SO MANY MILLIONS OUT THERE THAT HAS EXPERIENCE GOD, YOU CANT JUST TELL THEM THAT HE DOESNT EXIST JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT COME TO THE REALITY OF IT. I BELEIVE THERE IS NO AEITHEIST JUST A GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT WILLING AND PATIENT TO EXPERIENCE THE AWSOMENESS AND THE BEAUTY OF HIS EXISTENCE.

<< no one intends to prove the existence of God in a lab and no one is attempting to.
no the game of numbers ,  many millions experience Buddha or Krishna so does he exist? why such a myopic world view, do you think it is only Jesus that people still believe in right now?
contrary to what you say, atheists are extremely patient,  that's why most notable scientists who discover medicines and invent machines that we both enjoy are atheists
>>

1. @ the bold-Please dont sound confused,What you are telling me is that when you feel something it doesn't mean it esist. I laugh. You don't have to feel something through all your 6 senses before you know it exist. Please don't deliberately sound controversial. Feeling its an attribute that tells you something exist. 100% or if a man's SYNAPSES are  not working correctly. If you have a medical problem with your feelings(eye, hears, tongue, . etc) because you are not feeling anything doesnt mean it doesnt exist, because the other person that has every senses correct will actual feel and known it exist.

2. Now you said No atheist in his right mind is trying to use human understanding to reveal the knowledge of God. So with what do you now know that God doesn't exist, because if you dont use human knowledge certainly you will know except you dont want to agree.

3. Who told you i am a Christian. Thanks since i didt tell you, and you were able to predict and believe that i am a Christian then open your spiritual mind and seek God earnestly you will sure know he exist, unless you want to be lazy to do that. I told you you guys just want to sound and be in the other end, and its quite funny and intriguing as well.

emmatok:

Didn't you post this.

4. And if you have a grouse with Jesus i bet you leave him because the battle its never yours and its pointless fighting a man that has not wrong you and you have not seen but heard. And those scientist you said also made us understand that if we open our hearts we will believe. I did the same i investigated him beyond what i was told and heard and i found out He exist.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by brainpulse: 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
@ zataxs

Have you seen Death before and yet people says he/she/its has a COLD hand.
Please prove that he doesn't exist or exist.

Please, please and please.

Have you seen the wind before but people believes he/ she/ its the oldest thing that ever exist.
Please prove that he/she/its doesn't exist or exist.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by brainpulse: 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2011
These are few i am coming with more and more.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2011
I have been monitoring this thread for long. I am impressed the God side people. Atheists tried too.

But let me give you the big bomb.
Going scientifically. Let me ask you athiest these questions:

[size=15pt]WAEC for Atheist.[/size]

Section A

Instruction: Answer all questions in the section.

0. why do some people refuse to learn?
1. Where did all that material dust atoms come from before the big bang.
2. Why is that saying, you never come back from the dead, when, in reality, before you was born' you was in the very state as in death, you did not exist, void, and yet you came back from that very none existent.
3. why is Dbanj so awesome?
4. If Vampires aren't real, why does almost every culture have a form of it
5. Is atheism a religion
6. how to create an atom.
7. what is the beginning of time.
8. why do atheists believe that we came from nothing.( i mean that is kinda stupid)
9. Why does chicken taste so good?

Section B

Answer any 5 of the following questions.

How did this all begin?
Where is the real fossil proof of evolution?
Why does the universe keep growing?
Why doesn't light follow the rules of Phyics?
Why did God call Himself the Light before anybody even heard of the last question?
Where is Jesus's body end up?
Why does the salt content of our blood match the salt content of sea water?
Why are the minerals and elements that make up our body the same as clay?
Why is it written in the bible that we were made from clay, before science found out that we were made from clay?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2011
islamrules:

I have been monitoring this thread for long. I am impressed the God side people. Atheists tried too.

But let me give you the big bomb.
Going scientifically. Let me ask you athiest these questions:

[size=15pt]WAEC for Atheist.[/size]

Section A

Instruction: Answer all questions in the section.

0. why do some people refuse to learn?
1. Where did all that material dust atoms come from before the big slam.
2.  Why is that saying, you never come back from the dead, when, in reality,  before you was born' you was in the very state as in death, you did not exist, void, and yet you came back from that very none existent.
3.  why is Dbanj so awesome?
4.  If Vampires aren't real, why does almost every culture have a form of it
5.  Is atheism a religion
6.  how to create an atom.
7.  what is the beginning of time.
8.  why do atheists believe that we came from nothing.( i mean that is kinda silly)
9.  Why does chicken taste so good?

Section B

Answer any 5 of the following questions.

How did this all begin?
Where is the real fossil proof of evolution?
Why does the universe keep growing?
Why doesn't light follow the rules of Phyics?
Why did God call Himself the Light before anybody even heard of the last question?
Where is Jesus's body end up?
Why does the salt content of our blood match the salt content of sea water?
Why are the minerals and elements that make up our body the same as clay?
Why is it written in the bible that we were made from clay, before science found out that we were made from clay?

In your mind, your really believe you just asked "intelligent" questions.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2011
I dont know if they are intelligent question. But answers will prove them to be stupid questions.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by God2man(m): 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
I believe there is no atheist on nairaland forum. There is none. Those that are on nairalnad forum are wise enough to be patient with an open mind not with the mind of criticism to investigate objectively the truth about the existent of God. God2man.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by atasteve: 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2011
Simple issue; the Bible has said it all

"A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THAT THERE IS NO GOD" Psalm 14:1
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by brainpulse: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2011
The Universe is Not Eternal, But Had A Beginning
by Rich Deem
I recently received an e-mail claiming that most scientists do not believe that the Big Bang represents the beginning of the universe. Other visitors to the site have made similar claims in the past, so I thought it would be a good idea to set the record straight about the origin of the universe. Although there are atheistic scientists who believe that the universe existed before the Big Bang, I must make it clear that they present no evidence for this belief, since none exists! This kind of belief is metaphysical in nature as indicated in an article from the The Origin-of-Life Foundation, Inc.®:

"Appeals to multiple or 'parallel' cosmoses or to an infinite number of cosmic 'Big Bang/Crunch' oscillations as essential elements of proposed mechanisms are not acceptable in submissions due to a lack of empirical correlation and testability. Such beliefs are without hard physical evidence and must therefore be considered unfalsifiable, currently outside the methodology of scientific investigation to confirm or disprove, and therefore more mathematically theoretical and metaphysical than scientific in nature. Recent cosmological evidence also suggests insufficient mass for gravity to reverse continuing cosmic expansion. The best cosmological evidence thus far suggests the cosmos is finite rather than infinite in age."1

Such metaphysical beliefs are often incorporated in popular books about cosmology, although it is seldom stated that those beliefs are without any evidence. Here are some quotes from university websites by scientists who know that the universe had a beginning:

"The conclusion of this lecture is that the universe has not existed forever. Rather, the universe, and time itself, had a beginning in the Big Bang, about 15 billion years ago." Stephen Hawking The Beginning of Time
"Scientists generally agree that "the Big Bang" birthed the universe about 15 billion years ago." Tom Parisi, Northern Illinois University
"As a result of the Big Bang (the tremendous explosion which marked the beginning of our Universe), the universe is expanding and most of the galaxies within it are moving away from each other." CalTech
"The Big Bang model of the universe's birth is the most widely accepted model that has ever been conceived for the scientific origin of everything." Stuart Robbins, Case Western Reserve University
"Many once believed that the universe had no beginning or end and was truly infinite. Through the inception of the Big Bang theory, however, no longer could the universe be considered infinite. The universe was forced to take on the properties of a finite phenomenon, possessing a history and a beginning." Chris LaRocco and Blair Rothstein, University of Michigan
"The scientific evidence is now overwhelming that the Universe began with a "Big Bang" ~15 billion (15,000,000,000 or 15E9) years ago." "The Big Bang theory is the most widely accepted theory of the creation of the Universe." Dr. van der Pluijm, University of Michigan
"The present location and velocities of galaxies are a result of a primordial blast known as the BIG BANG. It marked: THE BEGINNING OF THE UNIVERSE! THE BEGINNING OF TIME!" Terry Herter, Cornell University
"That radiation is residual heat from the Big Bang, the event that sparked the beginning of the universe some 13 billion years ago." Craig Hogan, University of Washington
"Most scientists agree that the universe began some 12 to 20 billion years ago in what has come to be known as the Big Bang (a term coined by the English astrophysicist Fred Hoyle in 1950." University of Illinois
"The universe cannot be infinitely large or infinitely old (it evolves in time)." Nilakshi Veerabathina, Georgia State University ()
"The universe had a beginning. There was once nothing and now there is something." Janna Levin, Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics at Cambridge University
"Today scientists generally believe the universe was created in a violent explosion called the Big Bang." Susan Terebey, Department of Physics and Astronomy, California State University Los Angeles
"Evidence suggests that our universe began as an incredibly hot and dense region referred to as a singularity." Stephen T. Abedon, Ohio State University
"A large body of astrophysical observations now clearly points to a beginning for our universe about 15 billion years ago in a cataclysmic outpouring of elementary particles. There is, in fact, no evidence that any of the particles of matter with which we are now familiar existed before this great event." Louis J. Clavelli, Ph.D., Professor of Physics, University of Alabama
"Now, after decades of observing and thinking, we have come to answer confidently the question of the origin of our universe, with what is known as the "big bang"." Yuki D. Takahashi, Caltech
"The theory is the conceptual and the calculational tool used by particle physicists to describe the structure of the hadrons and the beginning of the universe." Keh-Fei Liu, University of Kentucky.
"The three-part lecture series includes: "How the Universe Began," "The Dark Side of the Universe: Dark Matter and Dark Energy" and "Cosmic Inflation: The Dynamite Behind the Big Bang?" (Lectures by Michael S. Turner, Bruce V. and Diana M. Rauner at Penn State University)
"Travel back in time to the beginning of the Universe: The Big Bang" Douglas Miller, University of Arizona
"Beginning of the Universe 20.0 billion yr ago" Charly Mallery, University of Miami
"At the beginning the universe was extremely hot and dense (more about this later) and as it expanded it cooled." Syracuse University
"THE UNIVERSE AND ALL OF SPACE ARE EXPANDING FROM A BIG BANG BEGINNING" Center for Cosmological Physics, University of Chicago
"Gamow realized that at a point a few minutes after its beginning, the universe would behave as a giant nuclear reactor." Valparaiso University, Department of Physics and Astronomy
"I'll also include what the time is since the creation of the Universe, and an estimate of the temperature of the Universe at each point." Siobahn M. Morgan, University of Northern Iowa.
"The Universe is thought to have formed between 6-20 billion years ago (Ga) as a result of the "Big Bang" Kevin P. Hefferan, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
"The dominant idea of Cosmology is that the Universe had a beginning." Adam Frank, University of Rochester Department of Physics & Astronomy
"The hot dense phase is generally regarded as the beginning of the universe, and the time since the beginning is, by definition, the age of the universe." Harrison B. Prosper, Florida State University
"One of the major hypotheses on which modern cosmology is based is that the Universe originated in an explosion called the Big Bang, in which all energy (and matter) that exists today was created." Eric S. Rowland, UC Santa Cruz
"Together with Roger Penrose, I developed a new set of mathematical techniques, for dealing with this and similar problems. We showed that if General Relativity was correct, any reasonable model of the universe must start with a singularity. This would mean that science could predict that the universe must have had a beginning, but that it could not predict how the universe should begin: for that one would have to appeal to God." Stephen W. Hawking "Origin of the Universe" lecture
El Universo no es Eterno, Sino
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Godman, You have made two statements that are odd. First, you say there are no Atheists on nairaland. How did you come to that conclusion? Because we are Africans and not "white people"?

Second, you say those that are here are "wise enough" to be "patient" with an "open mind" not with the mind of criticism to "investigate objectively the truth about the existence of god". How did you arrive at these "facts"? If there are no atheists on nairaland as you claim, how do you that there are "patient wise ones"? What do you mean by open mind? Atheists are the most open minded people you can ever come across. We are eager to learn and gain knowledge (not fiction that you can't prove). Your so called "patience" means Atheists must bend to the will of christians and believe what they believe WITHOUT asking questions. I was once a deeply devoted christian so I know the mentality. What "objective investigation" have you carried out to verify the authenticity of your bible? All you can offer is nothing but sentiments. You have NOTHING to put on the table. A lot of you think that because non religious people are called "Atheists", then that means we don't have any knowledge of the bible. Without mincing words, I can take on more than half of the entire christian folks in a biblical debate. Majority of you who claim to "understand" your bible don't know nada! All you know is the interpretation pastor gives to you and you meditate on that. You don't even know how your bible scrolls where put together and yet,you'll come here to display your crass ignorance and call it "wisdom of god". Pathetic beings! ! !
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Godman, You have made two statements that are odd. First, you say there are no Atheists on nairaland. How did you come to that conclusion? Because we are Africans and not "white people"?

Second, you say those that are here are "wise enough" to be "patient" with an "open mind" not with the mind of criticism to "investigate objectively the truth about the existence of god". How did you arrive at these "facts"? If there are no atheists on nairaland as you claim, how do you that there are "patient wise ones"? What do you mean by open mind? Atheists are the most open minded people you can ever come across. We are eager to learn and gain knowledge (not fiction that you can't prove). Your so called "patience" means Atheists must bend to the will of christians and believe what they believe WITHOUT asking questions. I was once a deeply devoted christian so I know the mentality. What "objective investigation" have you carried out to verify the authenticity of your bible? All you can offer is nothing but sentiments. You have NOTHING to put on the table. A lot of you think that because non religious people are called "Atheists", then that means we don't have any knowledge of the bible. Without mincing words, I can take on more than half of the entire christian folks in a biblical debate. Majority of you who claim to "understand" your bible don't know nada! All you know is the interpretation pastor gives to you and you meditate on that. You don't even know how your bible scrolls where put together and yet,you'll come here to display your crass ignorance and call it "wisdom of god". Pathetic beings! ! !

Why is harakiri ashamed of his religion "Islam". Why are you pointing to christians here ? Do you mean its only christians that believe in God ?

your bible don't know nada! what about quran? By there "words" we shall identify them.

Muslims are always siding with atheist. And it is ilogical.

If christian bible knows nada.

Ask one of the questions in the WAEC I gave to you, using your own atheist bible. So Christian bible is different from athiest bible. Atheist bible is the same as quran. I get the logic.

I cant be ashamed of my religion. Bring any point/debate. We have the stunning answer.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Sagamite(m): 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^ While Jesus is not considered God my over 50% of the theists,
almost all the theists are not arrogant, compared to the self styled 'self assured' atheists.

you are a typical example. You have decided that you are correct in your view of God, even though in reality you are defenseless against other humans.
as the saying goes, " there is no atheist in the foxhole" when bullets are zooming by, left and right of you and people are dying right in your face.

When an atheist is put to the test of extreme trial, suffering greatly, he wil get to a point that the pain will make him cry out to God.

when he is in state of ease, he is arrogant, with his nose in the sky, doubting the existing of his Creator.

What arrogant tosh!

And what does your screaming of God do to your benefit "when bullets are zooming by, left and right of you and people are dying right in your face"?

What defense do YOU have against other humans?

What makes you sure YOU are correct with your view about God?

Self-assured, arrogant theist!
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2011
@atasteve, Isn't it contradictory that while Psalm 14:1 says "only a fool says there is no god", Mattew 5:22 says "whosoever calls another a fool is in danger of eternal damnation"? Can you see the double talk? On one hand, you can freely call Atheists fools and on the other, you go to hell for it. The "wisdom" in the bible is "astonishing"!
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Islamrules, There are times when I don't mind bantering with half wits like you but today is not one of them. Did you say my "religion" is Islam? Please don't get me started with Islam. I focus on christianity because I was raised as one. The only reason I am commenting on this section is because of the direct/indirect attacks on non religious people and I happen to be one. Talking about Islam, it's a rip off of Judaism and other middle eastern religions. Dude, you shouldn't be talking.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
@atasteve, Isn't it contradictory that while Psalm 14:1 says "only a fool says there is no god", Mattew 5:22 says "whosoever calls another a fool is in danger of eternal damnation"? Can you see the double talk? On one hand, you can freely call Atheists fools and on the other, you go to hell for it. The "wisdom" in the bible is "astonishing"!

Do you just jump into the bible and pick a word that fit your argument ?

No, its not done. We use the words in the bible in relation to its context. Get it from the beginning to the end so people will understand you.

Done come here and quote scriptures in the middle and claimed to be knowledgeable whereas you just a monkey!
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2011
@brainpulse,Thank you for taking the "pains" to paste archeological "discoveries". The big question is "HOW DOES ALL THIS PROVE THAT THE BIBLE IS INDEED THE WORD OF THE CREATOR"? I hope you are aware that there are also scrolls/inscriptions/art works from ancient times in other nations dedicated to deities/gods. Greeks have theirs which honor Zeus,Artemis,Poseidon,Hades,Hercules,Perseus etc Does that mean these gods are real? African inscriptions and art work dedicated to Sango,Amadioha,Eledumare,Orunmila,Yemoja etc can be found in museums in the western countries. Does this prove those gods/deities are real? The chinese,japanese,koreans,indians,philipinos etc have theirs as well. Does that amount to proof of the existence of their gods? What makes you sure the biblical god is the real deal? If the slave masters hadn't come to Africa and conquered your fore fathers, you wouldn't be a christian today. If the berber and toureg raiders hadn't spread islam through jihad into Africa, there would be no moslems in this part of the world. What else do you have to offer apart from internet clippings and sentiments to prove your god is the real deal?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by GrownMan(m): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2011
Am amazed at all this actually. Me I fear God and I be Christian, yes I will share my faith but its up to you to take am or leave am now, no b by force, in the end, we will know if God exist or not grin

I go dey pray sotey
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
Harakiri, the more you post here is the more you fail and fart.

@brainpulse,Thank you for taking the "pains" to paste archeological "discoveries". The big question is "HOW DOES ALL THIS PROVE THAT THE BIBLE IS INDEED THE WORD OF THE CREATOR"? I hope you are aware that there are also scrolls/inscriptions/art works from ancient times in other nations dedicated to deities/gods. Greeks have theirs which honor Zeus,Artemis,Poseidon,Hades,Hercules,Perseus etc Does that mean these gods are real? African inscriptions and art work dedicated to Sango,Amadioha,[size=18pt]Eledumare[/size],Orunmila,Yemoja etc can be found in museums in the western countries. Does this prove those gods/deities are real? The chinese,japanese,koreans,indians,philipinos etc have theirs as well. Does that amount to proof of the existence of their gods? What makes you sure the biblical god is the real deal? If the slave masters hadn't come to Africa and conquered your fore fathers, you wouldn't be a christian today. If the berber and toureg raiders hadn't spread islam through jihad into Africa, there would be no moslems in this part of the world. What else do you have to offer apart from internet clippings and sentiments to prove your god is the real deal?

The world "[size=18pt]Eledumare[/size]" in your post is yoruba name for "God". Which means, Yoruba knows there is God before bible/christianity came.

ANother big question.

Why is it that Yoruba has discovered God before bible came. At least I am a yoruba man. You cant give me poooo.

I like you, keep failing.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by dirtygamer(m): 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2011
I wonder why ye people will not believe in God, I'm Christain and I'm religious(pious). The novel "Da Vinci Code" that criticize christainity a lot even at a point said bible is the best book that can guilde us. Being a xtain doesn't u near perfect or somehow good. Xtainity has contrast views, we choose we believe in. DNA mechanism is a scientific proof for the existence of God. Before I continue let me ask you Atheists, do you believe in the existence of Evil, Devil, Lucifer, Satan, Bad?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Islamrules, I recognise half wits from a mile off that's why I called you one. Eledumare has been worshiped hundreds of years before the slave trading invaders came to Africa. Is the Yoruba perspective of Eledumare the same as the biblical god? Are their modes of worship the same? In Igbo land,the ancient interpretation of Chukwu (the ultimate god) and Amadioha (god of thunder) is totally different from how it's interpreted today. When the foreign traders came, the interpreters used the names of their "strongest" gods to replace the god of the "white man". Why don't you shut up and read? You might learn a thing or two (that's what I do when more learned folks are discussing). I learn from them. You on the other hand is displaying the fruits of educational decadence. Utterly pathetic! ! !
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2011
brainpulse:

@ zataxs

Have you seen Death before and yet people says he/she/its has a COLD hand.
Please prove that he doesn't exist or exist.

Please, please and please.

Have you seen the wind before but people believes he/ she/ its the oldest thing that ever exist.
Please prove that he/she/its doesn't exist or exist.

@brainpulse
First, I think it is wrong to characterize death like this. There is no evidence that it is an entity, so why do it.
It may be poetic but it is surely not scientific in any way.
So please, ?
Notice you are the one who is saying - Death is an entity.
I understand, there is fear, but a wrong answer does not get you are a correct grade.
Once there is substantial evidence to e.g.  existing as a being death, then I will have no problem joining you in this characterization.

It is far better not to be believe in God and find he does exist than to believe in the wrong God and find that the god your hated the most is indeed the true God.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2011
@dirtygamer
the da vinci code, is a work of fiction.
The guy even got the dimensions of the" Virgin of the Rock" wrong!!!! There is no way Sophie could have lifted it unassisted. It far too heavy.
There are numerous other logical mistakes, that are just too glowing, if you have been to France and the seen the Louvre . You'd find the book disgusting.
It would not have cost Dan Brown anything to be truthful about what we can easily verify, how can we possibly trust him when it comes to the other rumors that he purports to be true?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2011
@dirtygamer, Atheism has NOTHING to do with movies and books. Simply put, it's a disbelief in religion. Period! What on earth is so incredibly hard,complex and complicated about that for you folks to understand? Show me proof that your god truly exists and I will go back to being a Christian that same minute. I used to be a devot christian and ardent bible studier. I was proactive in the ministry to the extent of evangelism. I was into christianity because of "abundant blessings,divine favor and miracles" like a lot of you folks but I was in it because I yearned to understand it in it's entirety. The deeper I got, the more vague and fallacious it became. I have been questioning the bible from the tender age of 13 and it was when I approached my thirties I gave up on it for good. It's nothing but a book of lies and myths and I dare anyone to prove me wrong.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2011
@dirtygamer to believe in Satan you have to to believe God. They are need each other to exist. They are the inseparable twins of any religion. Because it is how humans, understand the world. naturally, they then shape their Gods as such, that's why it feels to right. notice feels so right, however, that does not make it right.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Grown_Man
you cannot claim neutrality, taking a position of faith, in turns means you actively endorse and support it. And therefore its effects. We atheists cannot just sit pretty and let you be, because muslims are butchering christians and vice versa every other day. or hindus/muslims/christians/buddhists, even within these (e.g. shia vs sunnis) we have waring factions. You need to engage yourself and find out the truth, burying your head in the sand, is not the solution.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Islamrules, I recognise half wits from a mile off that's why I called you one. Eledumare has been worshiped hundreds of years before the slave trading invaders came to Africa. Is the Yoruba perspective of Eledumare the same as the biblical god? Are their modes of worship the same? In Igbo land,the ancient interpretation of Chukwu (the ultimate god) and Amadioha (god of thunder) is totally different from how it's interpreted today. When the foreign traders came, the interpreters used the names of their "strongest" gods to replace the god of the "white man". Why don't you shut up and read? You might learn a thing or two (that's what I do when more learned folks are discussing). I learn from them. You on the other hand is displaying the fruits of educational decadence. Utterly pathetic! ! !

Its pointless arguing with a pathetic dog. They will always have their say whenever they bark.

Yoruba claimed Eledumare created all things.

Yoruba claimed Ogun, Oya, Sango are messenger from Eledumare.

Harakiri, monkey debater. My question is:

What is the difference between Eledumare "Yoruba God" and "God".

They both claimed Eledumare and God create all things.

Harakiri, you are just a nonentity. And not ready to learn. You have a lot to learn!
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Islamrules, I might be a monkey but what does that make you? Definitely you're a mutant baboon that was cross bred with a mountain hill billy goat. The result of that disastrous experiment is what we see now : A sub-human who's been taught how to access the internet but lacks basic assimilation capabilities due to the goat syndrome.

Back to the issue. . .

Are the modes of Eledumare and Christian worship the same? Did Eledumare have a son called Jesus? Is there any virgin Mary in the myth of Eledumare? Are the mythologies of Eledumare and Yahweh the same?

Goat! ! !
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Islamrules, I might be a monkey but what does that make you? Definitely you're a mutant baboon that was cross bred with a mountain hill billy goat. The result of that disastrous experiment is what we see now : A sub-human who's been taught how to access the internet but lacks basic assimilation capabilities due to the goat syndrome.

Back to the issue. . .

Are the modes of Eledumare and Christian worship the same? Did Eledumare have a son called Jesus? Is there any virgin Mary in the myth of Eledumare? Are the mythologies of Eledumare and Yahweh the same?

Goat! ! !

Are you saying the mode of worship of Anglican church is the same as Catholic. And they both worship God.

Man like I said, and I will still repeat it. You are a monkey, be it baboon or chimpanzee. You are even a disgrace to all monkeys.

What is wrong with your mud jar called "head"?

Your arguments even lack logic and validity.

You keep contradicting yourself!

Nawa for you ooo
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by harakiri(m): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Islamrules, Even your fellow religious folks are embarassed by your dumb postings. Your stoopidity is strong enough to distort internet access and crash internet servers 200meters around you. Catholics,Anglicans,Vincentians etc All share the same background. Can you compare the Buddhist idea of god with that of Islam? Can you compare the Taoist idea of god with Christianity? Eledumare worship is what christians term as "idol worship". It's totally different from the biblical concept of god. Are you such a dense dumba$$ that you can comprehend something as simple as this? Are you this reetarded? You think using derogatory terms on me will earn you points? Dude, I will bit$h slap you back into your mother's womb! Dumba$$ reetarded dummy!
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by mathskill: 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2011
Islamrule and harikiri why d insults and curses.Try and have a civilized dialogue please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People / Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.