Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now (32431 Views)

In A Dilemma Right Now, Please Advise / Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested / My Elder Brother Is A Chronic Masturbator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by frozen70(f): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:
Moderators please push this to front page.

My first post on nairaland, so please pardon any error.

Good morning everyone, so let me just go straight to the point.

My elder sister has been dating this guy for more than a year now, she became pregnant months into the relationship and he begged her to keep the child, that he was going to marry her.
So she did and about two months ago, she gave birth to a boy.
Just like he said, he started making moves to marry her, she took him to see my uncle (because our dad is late), alongside with one of his brothers, they also went to see some of my aunties; as well as my Mum. So basically everyone knows them together in our extended family, as well as the street where my sister stays (she resides in Enugu State), because he usually goes to spend time with her and I must admit that he has been really nice to her and made sure she has been comfortable and never lacked anything.
Along the line, my sister started suspecting that this her husband to be has been avoiding picking up strange numbers calling him, she asked him but he told her not to worry.
Fast forward to earlier this week, she stumbled upon a text he received from one unsaved number, the text was begging him to allow the sender to atleast come visit him, apparently; this same guy was already married before and already had two grown children before he left the marriage for reasons which she didn't tell me, so his children have been making efforts to reach their father as their mother went to dump them with his brothers and went her way..

When my sister confronted him, he had to open up to her and apologised, stating that he wanted to start another life and couldn't tell her from the beginning because he didn't want to lose her..

Now my sister is in a dilemma, their traditional marriage was scheduled to hold by the end of this year and he has already started making efforts to officially pay her bride price.
Her two options are:
1. Leave him and become a single mother at this young age (she's a student of NOUN and does business which he supported her to expand).
2. Stay with him and accommodate the children from his former wife.

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

I think the most important thing is, is this guy responsible, will he be there for your sister or he will abandon her same time ay he did with his first wife

She needs to do a discreet investigation about the man and his wife to be sure both of them are not doing stupid hide and seek game that will finish your sisters heart

Secondly he has to explain to her in details what lead to their separation and are the going for a divorce or they are separating to come back again in future

All this can be done while the bride price date is on going

If she is sure that the man has ended his relationship with her and they don't have hope of coming back again, she has to embrace the children and accept them

But she has to be sure that he will be there to train the children and sponsor their education

Not that he will leave them for her and start another relationship behind your sister

Her discreet investigation can be done behind the man so that she will get full details about him

So that when the man starts telling lies, she will know how to track him

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Camberlo(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
No big deal, accept his apology, accept the kids and move on.

If you sister do this, she win the heart of the man for life.

Wish her best

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Raymeg7(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

My elder sister has been dating this guy for more than a year now, she became pregnant months into the relationship and he begged her to keep the child, that he was going to marry her.
Just like he said, he started making moves to marry her, she took him to see my uncle (because our dad is late), alongside with one of his brothers, they also went to see some of my aunties; as well as my Mum. So basically everyone knows them together in our extended family, as well as the street where my sister stays (she resides in Enugu State), because he usually goes to spend time with her and I must admit that he has been really nice to her and made sure she has been comfortable and never lacked anything.
Along the line, my sister started suspecting that this her husband to be has been avoiding picking up strange numbers calling him, she asked him but he told her not to worry.
Fast forward to earlier this week, she stumbled upon a text he received from one unsaved number, the text was begging him to allow the sender to atleast come visit him, apparently; this same guy was already married before and already had two grown children before he left the marriage for reasons which she didn't tell me, so his children have been making efforts to reach their father as their mother went to dump them with his brothers and went her way..

When my sister confronted him, he had to open up to her and apologised, stating that he wanted to start another life and couldn't tell her from the beginning because he didn't want to lose her..

Now my sister is in a dilemma, their traditional marriage was scheduled to hold by the end of this year and he has already started making efforts to officially pay her bride price.
Her two options are:
1. Leave him and become a single mother at this young age (she's a student of NOUN and does business which he supported her to expand).

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

Yes he made a mistake best known to him the reason, but u said his nice guy, why would she leave because his married before, she has known so forge ahead with the marriage, or dose she wants to be second hand woman to another man, that is not a good reason to leave the man,

I beg tell her to continue with her marriage plans, he made be the type that don't like to discuss his past, not that he wants to keep it, just that maybe he don't want to remember such marriage again, please let her accept those kids as her own, she won't regret it

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by occfx: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

She already knows what to do so leave her
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by emanobis(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2023
First and foremost
She should sit him down and hear his side of the whole story, his reasons of leaving his former wife with his kids.
What actually transpired between them...until then, please don't make any rash decision in a haste

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Bimpe29: 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
2nd option will certainly be better.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Flows001(m): 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
Raymeg7:

Yes he made a mistake best known to him the reason, but u said his nice guy, why would she leave because his married before, she has known so forge ahead with the marriage, or dose she wants to be second hand woman to another man, that is not a good reason to leave the man,

I beg tell her to continue with her marriage plans, he made be the type that don't like to discuss his past, not that he wants to keep it, just that maybe he don't want to remember such marriage again, please let her accept those kids as her own, she won't regret it
Alright

Thank you very much 🙏
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by lanocfoods: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
Collins4u1:
she can become a single mother and get married later. hopefully the future husband won't be traumatized for training someone's else child.

Funny how women can't treat someone's else child as theirs.
It's the deceit for me, how can you not see that. Him keeping such information as important and significant as having children is a huge red flag. Some people have deal breakers, if this is not one of them for her, then she can go ahead. Personally I'll call it off

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Flows001(m): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
frozen70:

I think the most important thing is, is this guy responsible, will he be there for your sister or he will abandon her same time ay he did with his first wife

She needs to do a discreet investigation about the man and his wife to be sure both of them are not doing stupid hide and seek game that will finish your sisters heart

Secondly he has to explain to her in details what lead to their separation and are the going for a divorce or they are separating to come back again in future

If she is sure that the man has ended his relationship with her and they don't have hope of coming back again, she has to embrace the children and accept them

But she has to be sure that he will be there to train the children and sponsor their education

Not that he will leave them for her and start another relationship behind your sister

Her discreet investigation can be done behind the man so that she will get full details about him

Alright.
I appreciate your contribution
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by frozen70(f): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Alright.
I appreciate your contribution

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by MechanicMike: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Yes she is lightskinned.

Why did you ask though? 🤔

Then she needs to keep the baby sir...truss me!! angry
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by MechanicMike: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
frozen70:

angry
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by MechanicMike: 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
frozen70:

you again!!!

We knewwwwit..

..so are u sayin if I yansh u, u get pregnant & I run away to south africa...are u sayin u will commbak juss BECOZ am from London & I drive range rover (£38,000..cash).....YOU ARE A GOLD DIGGGGGER & a OLE....PIRIOD!!!!((no oofencse))
angry
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kobicove:

If it were a man that was in such dilemma my advise would be different because then the dynamics of the relationship will change.

Nigeria is a patrilineal society therefore if a man accepts a child from his wife he will likely be the one to bear the financial burden of training up that child in addition to his own biological children. (This often turns out to be a thankless endeavour because in the long run the child will still seek out his/her biological father)

Also there have been instances where a man's adopted children seized his property at his death and prevented his biological children who were much younger from accessing their biological father's assets!

Any other question?! undecided
No. Your answer to my question was unintelligent so I will refrain from asking you another time.

Thanks for your time though
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Flows001(m): 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
MechanicMike:

Then she needs to keep the baby sir...truss me!! angry
Please throw more light on your reason, it can be helpful
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
Montaque:

You should give your own advice first, so we know if we are saying the same thing. Not condemning others for offering help. Men should not talk again? People are talking from their experience and wisdom. You speak your own.

You are right,they are free to talk .

I aswell have the right to say that most are of questionable character and intentions and deserve the reproach and rejection the get from women
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Chizua(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
Honestly She should stay with him and accommodate the other children
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
Georgejeez:

Don't be clever by half , read all the male comments including mine above , you will see Males who are disgusted with the deceit and advising the lady to call it quits instead of continuing on a path that will lead to "Had I Known" .

Y'all need to come out from this victim mentality , hiaaann
Don't gaslight me,no be una again?
The average man is parochial when dealing with women,but if it's men then they are suddenly capable of nuances.

Keep deceit aside,imagine deceived to suddenly having catering for two kids. Most men will lose it out and will be plunge to madness. But here we are,treating the treachery the op refers to as trivial.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Caleycash(m): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏
Good for her!... most Nigerian women are foolish whenever they sees money!, they can't reason properly again, No due findings and back ground knowledge of a man, you don open leg carry belle for am, she's an adult let her sort her self out like a responsible adult would do
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by onadana: 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2023
olamydey:
No need to rush anything at this moment. She should cancel the traditional wedding immediately till she gets a clear direction. He cannot be trusted. Its so unfortunate that she was dragged into this in her ignorance. Turn to God for help and wisdom because It's going to be a long ride.

Did she turn to God for help and wisdom when she knowingly spread open her legs?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by kaywhy09(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
Did your sis dumped someone for the nice man?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by TheGift: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

The thing is, if this man can abandon His children, regardless of issues with his former wife, who is to say he can't abandon her and the child in the future?

If he could keep something this significant from her and was not planning on telling her before they got married, what else can he not keep from her?

These are the questions your sister should ask Him. Based on His answers and how he goes about it, she will know who she is really dealing with and she can make her decision from there.

I think she really needs to take her time thought before she decides. Cancel the traditional marriage. She should take a couple of weeks without him in the picture or in her ears.

Whatever she decides , after this, she should remember, He is the father of Her child and He must bear responsibilities, whether they are together or not, so they can have a father figured relationship and so she doesn't make them someone else's headache.

I wish and pray all the best for her.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Olumeme: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
You see this is the problem with women and people, the do not think about the consequences of actions before taking them.
She doesn't have anything but she was quick to have unprotected knacks.

Well, if the guy can take care of the child, she has to stay put or go out and suffer.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by MightySparrow: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

The man may not want another problem with his ex. If he is serious to marry your sister and they are happy together, so let it be.

Refusing to marry the man may affect your sister's chances to marry and the man also can have another emotional trauma.

What is your sister looking for in a marriage? Love, peace of mind?

I however, don't support the man not disclosing to her all he went through from the onset.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by MechanicMike: 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Please throw more light on your reason, it can be helpful

Brother...truss me. Don't listen to any crap advise from this nairaland unemploy MOFOLICK mofosmugu people especially from a fat one called Frozen70..she only 24stone lookin for man's on nairaland & I rejected am..twice.. but anyways.... angry angry

She's lightskin meaning she's fine as hell...so therefore she needs to stay. The only difference is while she stays,she will need to steeepup. The child will grow up one day to find his real dad.when he finds him, he will end up hatin his mother for preventing him coz she was vex. Brother, I tell u this for a simple reason....EXPIRENCE...it happened & it did not end well. She must stay!!((((REAL TALK))) angry

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by bukatyne(f): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
A man who would
1. Hide the fact that he was previously married with two kids;
2. Ignore his kids when they need financial help
3. Amongst other undiscovered vices

Is not a boyfriend material talk more of a husband material.

However, if your sister in her desperation to 'right the wrong' creates a bigger problem for herself by getting married to him, goodluck.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by ahnie: 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Zonefree:

How is accomodating your husband's kids traumatising?

Men do marry single mom with kids, accommodate and train them without using the word "traumatising".

If your beloved sister should take the first option which is, "Leave him and become a single mother at her flower age"...when she finds love again and wants to marry, don't you think it would be traumatising for the potential husband to accommodate her child?

Make una try dey use una sense for this country!
Aptly said,you nailed it.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by pansophist(m): 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
Proserpina:
Your comments these days ehn. I think I need to resume sourcing for your groom price and that trip grin

Abeg when you have gathered the groom price, let me know so I'll instruct how to send it to me.

Na me de chop my groom price.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
He's not married to the woman so no big deal. The big deal is lying/ concealing the truth. Such a very delicate matter he could not handle it. What nonsense fear of loosing her? Who will stay with him will stay. Only God knows ow many more secret he has. He is a selfish, self-centered and wicked man to do that to her. Well if she can forgive and continue with the plans as she's pregnant or become a young BM the choice is completely her's to make. Why did he have to lie? Come still sentence her to 9 months join undecided
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by mario2k(m): 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
]No need to rush anything at this moment. She should cancel the traditional wedding immediately till she gets a clear direction. He cannot be trusted. Its so unfortunate that she was dragged into this in her ignorance. Turn to God for help and wisdom because It's going to be a long ride.

THEY TEND TO REMEMBER GOD WHEN THINGS GO SOUR. WHY DIDN'T SHE REMEMBER GOD WHEN SHE WAS FONICATING, WHOM DO YOU GUYS THINK THE ALMIGHTY GOD IS,A PIECE OF RAG YOU COULD GO PICK UP ANYTIME? SHE HAS TO FACE THE MUSIC GOD HAS NO BUSINESS IN THIS. SO YOU MAKE YOUR BED YOU LIE ON IT. PERIOD!
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Blakjewelry(m): 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏
Well it depends on how well she knows the guy, she should do her findings to know why the guy left the first wife that will determine her choice.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Gmajor(m): 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Zonefree:

How is accomodating your husband's kids traumatising?

Men do marry single mom with kids, accommodate and train them without using the word "traumatising".

If your beloved sister should take the first option which is, "Leave him and become a single mother at her flower age"...when she finds love again and wants to marry, don't you think it would be traumatising for the potential husband to accommodate her child?

Make una try dey use una sense for this country!

You people can be extremely obtuse on this app.
There is a big difference between marrying a man with kids and being tricked into marrying a man with kids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Curves On A Hausa Lady That Got People Talking(pix) / Do Ladies Still Abuse Guys For Asking Them Out? / When Your Ex Says, You'll Never Find Someone Like Me, How Do You Respond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.