Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now (32435 Views)

In A Dilemma Right Now, Please Advise / Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested / My Elder Brother Is A Chronic Masturbator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by 1opinion: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
Collins4u1:
she can become a single mother and get married later. hopefully the future husband won't be traumatized for training someone's else child.

Funny how women can't treat someone's else child as theirs.
Why would you say so? are they not some guys here who wouldn't accommodate another man's child... all of this are vice verse.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Tyktoker: 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
Well the deed is done! The pain there is that there are honest, loving nice guys with modest income out there who would do everything to make their woman happy but would our android age sisters ever agree to such guys. Same fate befell a lot of my cousins and nieces . They want a place where everything would just jump up forgetting gravity will Fall it, but if you grow up you will never fall. It's very avoidable if we all deal with our unrealistic desires!
Flows001:
Moderators please push this to front page.

My first post on nairaland, so please pardon any error.

Good morning everyone, so let me just go straight to the point.

My elder sister has been dating this guy for more than a year now, she became pregnant months into the relationship and he begged her to keep the child, that he was going to marry her.
So she did and about two months ago, she gave birth to a boy.
Just like he said, he started making moves to marry her, she took him to see my uncle (because our dad is late), alongside with one of his brothers, they also went to see some of my aunties; as well as my Mum. So basically everyone knows them together in our extended family, as well as the street where my sister stays (she resides in Enugu State), because he usually goes to spend time with her and I must admit that he has been really nice to her and made sure she has been comfortable and never lacked anything.
Along the line, my sister started suspecting that this her husband to be has been avoiding picking up strange numbers calling him, she asked him but he told her not to worry.
Fast forward to earlier this week, she stumbled upon a text he received from one unsaved number, the text was begging him to allow the sender to atleast come visit him, apparently; this same guy was already married before and already had two grown children before he left the marriage for reasons which she didn't tell me, so his children have been making efforts to reach their father as their mother went to dump them with his brothers and went her way..

When my sister confronted him, he had to open up to her and apologised, stating that he wanted to start another life and couldn't tell her from the beginning because he didn't want to lose her..

Now my sister is in a dilemma, their traditional marriage was scheduled to hold by the end of this year and he has already started making efforts to officially pay her bride price.
Her two options are:
1. Leave him and become a single mother at this young age (she's a student of NOUN and does business which he supported her to expand).
2. Stay with him and accommodate the children from his former wife.

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Mcslize: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001 there is no issue here. Your sister should take the children as hers. With that, there will be no issue.

You see a man that is supporting you. You said you want to be a single mother because the man already has children. That will be the most foolish thing your sister will ever do and she will regret it. Because she will be regarded as a single mother even if she decides to be with another man today, won't she take along her child? So what's the sense in it?

She better go on with the marriage and save herself the stigma of being a single mother. I see no sense in all of that if she follows the first option. Na she lose.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Onbami(m): 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
Option 2

Flows001:

My elder sister has been dating this guy for more than a year now, she became pregnant months into the relationship and he begged her to keep the child, that he was going to marry her.
Just like he said, he started making moves to marry her, she took him to see my uncle (because our dad is late), alongside with one of his brothers, they also went to see some of my aunties; as well as my Mum. So basically everyone knows them together in our extended family, as well as the street where my sister stays (she resides in Enugu State), because he usually goes to spend time with her and I must admit that he has been really nice to her and made sure she has been comfortable and never lacked anything.
Along the line, my sister started suspecting that this her husband to be has been avoiding picking up strange numbers calling him, she asked him but he told her not to worry.
Fast forward to earlier this week, she stumbled upon a text he received from one unsaved number, the text was begging him to allow the sender to atleast come visit him, apparently; this same guy was already married before and already had two grown children before he left the marriage for reasons which she didn't tell me, so his children have been making efforts to reach their father as their mother went to dump them with his brothers and went her way..

When my sister confronted him, he had to open up to her and apologised, stating that he wanted to start another life and couldn't tell her from the beginning because he didn't want to lose her..

Now my sister is in a dilemma, their traditional marriage was scheduled to hold by the end of this year and he has already started making efforts to officially pay her bride price.
Her two options are:
1. Leave him and become a single mother at this young age (she's a student of NOUN and does business which he supported her to expand).

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by isabi2lof: 5:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
I don't believe your sister was tricked , some of them knew the kind of men they're getting married to , they just want to get married by all means to avoid being single at 30+ ,this will keep on happening as long as the society has placed an age limit to marriage .

I do ask if I'm in a relationship whether the person has been married before or has a baby mama , we've a lot of baby mamas outside, and there's a possibility, that the person you're dating is either a baby mama or baby daddy .

The guy would've open up to your sister , I've seen this happening to someone not quite long, at the end we found out that she was the one that intentionally got pregnant for the guy cos the guy has already opened up to her before that he has two kids from his baby mama , this is someone that is less than 24yrs ,all of them just want to rush and get married before 30+.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Mcslize: 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
forerunner022:
Truth is, if your sister continues with that guy on that faulty foundation that is cemented with the lies and deceit, she should expect to see more of such shockers from the guy, because it is obvious the guy is dishonest and cannot be trusted. And yet, if she walks away as a single mom , it will have telling consequences for her in the future except the Lord sees her through. In all, and whatever the option, it is like chosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. The choice is left to her.

Who hasn't sin, hands in the air. The man did nothing wrong. He was only waiting for the right time to tell her. He would have still told her with time. He was concerned about loosing her. Besides, he is a responsible good man from the write up. So what's the fuss here?

I repeat again, who hasn't sin, hands in the air. I see no issue here at all.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by yankison(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
olamydey:
No need to rush anything at this moment. She should cancel the traditional wedding immediately till she gets a clear direction. He cannot be trusted. Its so unfortunate that she was dragged into this in her ignorance. Turn to God for help and wisdom because It's going to be a long ride.

A responsible man that has been fending for her ,support and care for her is the one u want her to leave for now and be going to mfm for clear direction from God ..girls like you are not to be told anything about family matters ..You no get sense ..na chicken brain you get ... If she is not a bad person accommodating the husband's children shud be a lovely thing for her ...
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by forerunner022(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
Mcslize:

Who hasn't sin, hands in the air. The man did nothing wrong. He was only waiting for the right time to tell her. He would have still told her with time. He was concerned about loosing her. Besides, he is a responsible good man from the write up. So what's the fuss here?

Nobody is talking about who has sinned and who hasn't. Any man can be in his shoes. But I still maintain my opinion that he acted dishonestly with the supposed wife-to-be. If he had opened up to her initially, maybe the woman would have still considered him if she truly loves him. Put yourself in the woman's shoes.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by yankison(m): 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
forerunner022:
Truth is, if your sister continues with that guy on that faulty foundation that is cemented with the lies and deceit, she should expect to see more of such shockers from the guy, because it is obvious the guy is dishonest and cannot be trusted. And yet, if she walks away as a single mom , it will have telling consequences for her in the future except the Lord sees her through. In all, and whatever the option, it is like chosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. The choice is left to her.

Una go just de dish advice out anyhow .she shud leave the man she just want to get married to and already have a boy for ..so who is going to cater for the boy kid. Shit talk
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by forerunner022(m): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
yankison:

Una go just de dish advice out anyhow .she shud leave the man she just want to get married to and already have a boy for ..so who is going to cater for the boy kid. Shit talk
. The man dealt treacherously with her. Don't tell me shit talk
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by olamydey(f): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
I'm not surprised you write like this. Gutter breed.

yankison:

A responsible man that has been fending for her ,support and care for her is the one u want her to leave for now and be going to mfm for clear direction from God ..girls like you are not to be told anything about family matters ..You no get sense ..na chicken brain you get ... If she is not a bad person accommodating the husband's children shud be a lovely thing for her ...
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by olamydey(f): 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
So far she's now ready to turn to Him, God will help. The deed has been done and Its not a time to cast stones.

onadana:

Did she turn to God for help and wisdom when she knowingly spread open her legs?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Titogbanski: 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
She don already bon for am...make she marry am at least
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by sonofthunder: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
olamydey:
No need to rush anything at this moment. She should cancel the traditional wedding immediately till she gets a clear direction. He cannot be trusted. Its so unfortunate that she was dragged into this in her ignorance. Turn to God for help and wisdom because It's going to be a long ride.

Women should try their best not to take advice from fellow women.

I don't have strength to explain why.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by sonofthunder: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

I didn't mean training the children will be traumatising for her, of course he will be responsible for their upkeep.
I meant that the shock of having to be forced to accept what she didn't plan to live with will actually be traumatising for her.
Of course I will personally advice to treat them nicely, because the man himself has been really nice and responsible to her all along.

Another important question is why did he leave his first marriage? (Hope I didn't miss that in the op).

Is he formally divorced from the first wife?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Saintmary(f): 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

The least the man can do is to return the kids to their mother after telling such a humongous lie.

Let each woman take care of her kids, and let the man continue his responsibilities. He's the polygamous one, let him face his music.

So, let her marry him on that condition.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by malvisguy212: 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Zonefree:

How is accomodating your husband's kids traumatising?

Men do marry single mom with kids, accommodate and train them without using the word "traumatising".

If your beloved sister should take the first option which is, "Leave him and become a single mother at her flower age"...when she finds love again and wants to marry, don't you think it would be traumatising for the potential husband to accommodate her child?

Make una try dey use una sense for this country!
my main man
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by seanwilliam(m): 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

No she didn't see any sign before then, she was already an entrepreneur who was staying on her own, fending for herself and school, she even helped me with finances in my final year in the University, so she wasn't lured because of money, he merely toasted her like every other guy and he looks quite young.
She even took extra step to go stay at his house for two weeks in Abuja, just to know more about him, and he introduced her to basically all his colleagues and friends, none of them showed any negativity.

She was just an innocent victim which at this point is quite unfortunate.

Lmao, stop defending your sister , afterall if you know what to do, you would not have brought it to nairaland in the first place.
You’re not your sister! You can only know what she wants you to know. Na she Dey relationship with him , technically , you can’t conclude that she didn’t see the sign.
And you said that the guy in question is supportive and caring, definitely she fell for ‘free food’.
As much as you might not want to agree cos it’s a bitter pill to swallow, but then I tell you,
If you sister leaves that relationship and becomes single mother, verily I say unto you, she will regret it.
98% chances are that she will regret it, chances of her marrying a single guy is very slim.

Mind you , single mothers are finding it hard these days, most of them are seen as sex objects. Dem go knack her beyond repair.

I know how she feels , cos it’s not what she wanted, but this life, you can’t have it all. You’ll have to compromise as some point.

Cheers📍
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Exceed15: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Let your elder sister decide.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by imagrg(m): 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Big preek sweet this one so tey she forget say if he pour inside her toto she go born.

She for dey study am first before she go allow digging and pouring. cool
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Jahsdaughter052(f): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
That's one of the disadvantages of Premarital sex. If she had followed bibles wise counsel to stay away from premarital sex(1Corinthians 6:18, Acts 15:29)she wouldn't have gotten pregnant and be in this dilemma. God is the one who created us. He alone knows the best for us that is why he gave us these law. And by keeping them we'll find our life good and successful.Good health to all those who keep the laws of God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by President2001(m): 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
ppogba:

There are a million reasons to panic because it is as if next to nothing is known about the guy man.
Who is the other woman?
Is he legally married to her?
What caused the separation?
Has the other woman finally moved on?
What are the plans for the children of the other woman?
Well sorry for late response, so far your sister has dectect such a thing what she supposed to do is to call her husband and interrogate him from there she will know what to do to me the man children or former wife should not be issued

I can go on and on.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by ppogba: 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
seanwilliam:

Lmao, stop defending your sister , afterall if you know what to do, you would not have brought it to nairaland in the first place.
You’re not your sister! You can only know what she wants you to know. Na she Dey relationship with him , technically , you can’t conclude that she didn’t see the sign.
And you said that the guy in question is supportive and caring, definitely she fell for ‘free food’.
As much as you might not want to agree cos it’s a bitter pill to swallow, but then I tell you,
If you sister leaves that relationship and becomes single mother, verily I say unto you, she will regret it.
98% chances are that she will regret it, chances of her marrying a single guy is very slim.

Mind you , single mothers are finding it hard these days, most of them are seen as sex objects. Dem go knack her beyond repair.

I know how she feels , cos it’s not what she wanted, but this life, you can’t have it all. You’ll have to compromise as some point.

Cheers📍

Sorry sir o.

I just want to find out, is there a way that they " can knack someone beyond repair"?

As small pikin concern, I jus want know sir.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Flows001(m): 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
President2001:

There's nothing to panic for the first marriage did not hold is now depends how your sater handle the issue though the trust she has in her husband has been betrayed notwithstanding she can still put herself together
Alright.

Thank you very much
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Flows001(m): 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
forerunner022:

Hmm

Thanks for your contribution
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by NewDea4: 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

I don't see any big problem here.

Yeah, he deceived her that he had never been married but this is obviously a single father, not a married man fishing for fresh toto. If he moves out it's her loss; plus the new kid deserves a chance at normal family life
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Ilekokonit: 12:38am On Jun 21, 2023
Your sister should either call off the wedding and become a single mother or go through with the wedding. After all married men cheat and impregnate side chics and the heavens do not fall.

The guy should have opened up to her about his former kids but not doing so is not enough reason to call off the marriage unless your sister has some other hidden reason she is not telling you.

If she dumps him, who is going to marry her in a rush seeing that she has a 2 month old baby for another man. The emphasis being on the age of the baby ?

Its just like leaving a permanent job after just 2 months and expecting prospective employers not to ask you questions about why you left your last job in just 2 months
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by jimcaddy(m): 12:38am On Jun 21, 2023
How do women get themselves entangled in nonsense like this.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Keji1012(m): 3:08am On Jun 21, 2023
jmoore:
Stop having premarital sex, una no dey hear.

I hope u are not a gay grin
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Chiuzk: 4:34am On Jun 21, 2023
Zonefree:

How is accomodating your husband's kids traumatising?

Men do marry single mom with kids, accommodate and train them without using the word "traumatising".

If your beloved sister should take the first option which is, "Leave him and become a single mother at her flower age"...when she finds love again and wants to marry, don't you think it would be traumatising for the potential husband to accommodate her child?

Make una try dey use una sense for this country!
very very correct my brother...you are on point
The only thing is that he would have told her, especially when there are other children somewhere.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by kwasoly(m): 5:56am On Jun 21, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

Please advice 🙏🙏🙏

She should carry her cross accordingly..
I always advice ladies never to accept to be pregnant for a guy till he marries you but they won't listen, whichever one she choose their are still consequences.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 21, 2023
Mcslize:

If it were a woman guilty of what the op narrated will these be your stance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Ladies Still Abuse Guys For Asking Them Out? / When Your Ex Says, You'll Never Find Someone Like Me, How Do You Respond / Give Me Tips On How To Hold A No Sex Relationship Till Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.