Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now (32420 Views)

In A Dilemma Right Now, Please Advise / Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested / My Elder Brother Is A Chronic Masturbator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by President2001(m): 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:
Moderators please push this to front page.

My first post on nairaland, so please pardon any error.

Good morning everyone, so let me just go straight to the point.

My elder sister has been dating this guy for more than a year now, she became pregnant months into the relationship and he begged her to keep the child, that he was going to marry her.
So she did and about two months ago, she gave birth to a boy.
Just like he said, he started making moves to marry her, she took him to see my uncle (because our dad is late), alongside with one of his brothers, they also went to see some of my aunties; as well as my Mum. So basically everyone knows them together in our extended family, as well as the street where my sister stays (she resides in Enugu State), because he usually goes to spend time with her and I must admit that he has been really nice to her and made sure she has been comfortable and never lacked anything.
Along the line, my sister started suspecting that this her husband to be has been avoiding picking up strange numbers calling him, she asked him but he told her not to worry.
Fast forward to earlier this week, she stumbled upon a text he received from one unsaved number, the text was begging him to allow the sender to atleast come visit him, apparently; this same guy was already married before and already had two grown children before he left the marriage for reasons which she didn't tell me, so his children have been making efforts to reach their father as their mother went to dump them with his brothers and went her way..

When my sister confronted him, he had to open up to her and apologised, stating that he wanted to start another life and couldn't tell her from the beginning because he didn't want to lose her..

Now my sister is in a dilemma, their traditional marriage was scheduled to hold by the end of this year and he has already started making efforts to officially pay her bride price.
Her two options are:
1. Leave him and become a single mother at this young age (she's a student of NOUN and does business which he supported her to expand).
2. Stay with him and accommodate the children from his former wife.

Please advice πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
There's nothing to panic for the first marriage did not hold is now depends how your sater handle the issue though the trust she has in her husband has been betrayed notwithstanding she can still put herself together

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
The worst thing a woman can do is take advice from men on this forum. They don't mean you well. They call good evil and evil good. While I believe this is a fictitious thread to sham single father's,a lesson can still be learned:
That men want women to endure the most horrid conditions and tolerate deceit, cruelty and the rest from men. The thought of a woman walking out of a man is too much for the average male to stomach.
But they will advice men to leave at the drop of a hat if half of what they dish out is thrown at them.

Knowing how morally bankrupt most males are,what incentives do you have aside marrying for money? Tufiakwa!

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by SLOVFO(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Your sister is indeed between the devil and the deep blue sea. That's the reward for disobedience. Premarital sex is a destiny destroyer. She should turn to God for mercy and direction.
Having said that, I would further advise that they suspend the wedding until they have sorted things out. Your family (and your sister) need to investigate the guy's background and be sure that there are no more sinister secrets that he is keeping away from your sister. For the man to abandon his kids from his first wife is a red flag that shouldn't be ignored.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Ireportlive: 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Last last the man is a polygamist your sister should go on with him
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by 43Ronin: 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
OP if you guys are igbo you already know that no Igbo man will marry her again as baby moma especially as she's residing in Enugu. It's a complex situation but she should not make it worse for herself.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Okpetruth(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
This is my sincere advise to your sister. Stay with him and accommodate the two children from his previous marriage. Anything Short of this is unwise.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by toprealman: 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
Collins4u1:
she can become a single mother and get married later. hopefully the future husband won't be traumatized for training someone's else child.

Funny how women can't treat someone's else child as theirs.
Your last sentence doesn't apply here. oP made it up
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Okpetruth(m): 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
Zonefree:

How is accomodating your husband's kids traumatising?

Men do marry single mom with kids, accommodate and train them without using the word "traumatising".

If your beloved sister should take the first option which is, "Leave him and become a single mother at her flower age"...when she finds love again and wants to marry, don't you think it would be traumatising for the potential husband to accommodate her child?

Make una try dey use una sense for this country!
On point. God bless you immensely. Ori e kpe.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Georgejeez: 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
I will advise your sister to dissolve everything and end that planned marriage .

The mother of the previous kids might use Okafor's law on the Man after the marriage and continue seeing the Man , that means your sister has blindly walked into a polygamous home which I'm sure she's not ready for the Competition and intrigues .

The other woman may go diabolical to even remove your sis or her baby .

Better to be after one and start afresh than be in a polygamous home not forgetting the fact that she can no longer trust such a man ever again .

What's Marriage without trust ?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Juliearth(f): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

My elder sister has been dating this guy for more than a year now, she became pregnant months into the relationship and he begged her to keep the child, that he was going to marry her.
Just like he said, he started making moves to marry her, she took him to see my uncle (because our dad is late), alongside with one of his brothers, they also went to see some of my aunties; as well as my Mum. So basically everyone knows them together in our extended family, as well as the street where my sister stays (she resides in Enugu State), because he usually goes to spend time with her and I must admit that he has been really nice to her and made sure she has been comfortable and never lacked anything.
Along the line, my sister started suspecting that this her husband to be has been avoiding picking up strange numbers calling him, she asked him but he told her not to worry.
Fast forward to earlier this week, she stumbled upon a text he received from one unsaved number, the text was begging him to allow the sender to atleast come visit him, apparently; this same guy was already married before and already had two grown children before he left the marriage for reasons which she didn't tell me, so his children have been making efforts to reach their father as their mother went to dump them with his brothers and went her way..

When my sister confronted him, he had to open up to her and apologised, stating that he wanted to start another life and couldn't tell her from the beginning because he didn't want to lose her..

Now my sister is in a dilemma, their traditional marriage was scheduled to hold by the end of this year and he has already started making efforts to officially pay her bride price.
Her two options are:
1. Leave him and become a single mother at this young age (she's a student of NOUN and does business which he supported her to expand).

I don't see a problem. When you fail to do your due diligence, things like these are bound to happen. Let's not dwell on that anyways.

There is nothing wrong in raising these two children, afterall when she leaves him and becomes a single mother, another man would train this boy in the future. If she genuinely loves the man in question and is certain his children love and see a mother in her, then she can proceed to marry him. If the children do not like her as a mother, I suggest that the marriage plans be slowed down until this problem is solved.

One task your sister need to do is find out the relationship between her fiance and his ex.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Integrafamoo: 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

Tell her to stay and opt for court wedding
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Onucs(m): 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
Na this small thing, naim u carry big english nack on top. say na dilemma.

what is wrong in mothering another woman's children?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Cromagnon: 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
Collins4u1:
she can become a single mother and get married later. hopefully the future husband won't be traumatized for training someone's else child.

Funny how women can't treat someone's else child as theirs.
can men treat others children like their own?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Georgejeez: 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
CuriousStudent:
The worst thing a woman can do is take advice from men on this forum. They don't mean you well. They call good evil and evil good. While I believe this is a fictitious thread to sham single father's,a lesson can still be learned:
That men want women to endure the most horrid conditions and tolerate deceit, cruelty and the rest from men. The thought of a woman walking out of a man is too much for the average male to stomach.
But they will advice men to leave at the drop of a hat if half of what they dish out is thrown at them.

Knowing how morally bankrupt most males are,what incentives do you have aside marrying for money? Tufiakwa!

Don't be clever by half , read all the male comments including mine above , you will see Males who are disgusted with the deceit and advising the lady to call it quits instead of continuing on a path that will lead to "Had I Known" .

Y'all need to come out from this victim mentality , hiaaann
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Montaque(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
In solving a problem, pick a solution that will remove the problem entirely or will have the longest effect in the situation. If your sister leaves this man, the thing she is afraid of will happen to her own children (she will marry a man who will find it traumatizing raising another man's son). If she stays with the man, she will cover that shame for her son. Its a sacrifice she will have to make for her son's future. She should not cancel the marriage, she should just endevour to know the whole story (something she didn't do from the onset). I don't know how somebody cannot know the basic things about a man that sleeps with her and intends to get married to.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Cromagnon: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
olamydey:
No need to rush anything at this moment. She should cancel the traditional wedding immediately till she gets a clear direction. He cannot be trusted. Its so unfortunate that she was dragged into this in her ignorance. Turn to God for help and wisdom because It's going to be a long ride.
was she dragged into getting pregnant before wedlock.?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by vickydevoka(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
Savedday2:
The truth is, ur sister already saw the signs B4 she got pregnant for him but her greed for money won't allow her think.

It is only in 9ja you can Bleep 1st daughter, 2nd daughter, 3rd daughter and their mother together all you need to do is show them money.

The funny part is that, when they all get pregnant for the same man, they will be seeking for advice from NL

Exactly
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by AutoConsult: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Y'all should stop getting married abeg ah!
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Kobicove(m): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
CuriousStudent:

If it's a man that is in such dilemma will this be your advice?

If it were a man that was in such dilemma my advise would be different because then the dynamics of the relationship will change.

Nigeria is a patrilineal society therefore if a man accepts a child from his wife he will likely be the one to bear the financial burden of training up that child in addition to his own biological children. (This often turns out to be a thankless endeavour because in the long run the child will still seek out his/her biological father)

Also there have been instances where a man's adopted children seized his property at his death and prevented his biological children who were much younger from accessing their biological father's assets!

Any other question?! undecided
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Montaque(m): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
CuriousStudent:

You should give your own advice first, so we know if we are saying the same thing. Not condemning others for offering help. Men should not talk again? People are talking from their experience and wisdom. You speak your own.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Montaque(m): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
43Ronin:
OP if you guys are igbo you already know that no Igbo man will marry her again as baby moma especially as she's residing in Enugu. It's a complex situation but she should not make it worse for herself.

You speak with regard to the social conditions. And I agree with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by ObiaboAdoka(m): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Y is it difficult for ladies to accept another woman children to train na. If she let go of d man nd get married to another man, won't d Man b traumatize too?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by AutoConsult: 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
More secrets will be revealed after those kids move in. He had it planned all along.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by KingPure(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
Intimacy before marriage is way far better and possible. Going to bed with someone you barely know (even if it's 2 years, seeing that all humans are pretentious) will bring you into temptation, dilemma, and everlasting scar.

Let's call for the next case. May God guide your Sis from now on.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Theevilone(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
olamydey:
No need to rush anything at this moment. She should cancel the traditional wedding immediately till she gets a clear direction. He cannot be trusted. Its so unfortunate that she was dragged into this in her ignorance. Turn to God for help and wisdom because It's going to be a long ride.

Nothing concern GOD here pls, she has options, let her decide and accept anything that comes with whatever decision she will take.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by ppogba: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
When RCCG says digging deep, Nigerians think say na play.

If you are a lady in this geographical entity called Nigeria and you come in contact with a Romeo, you better do solid findings and dig deeper till you discover crude oil.

The OP was talking about being a single mom and I can not help but laugh like the Asians. Omo, it is not as easy as you think especially for your sister most likely in her twenties.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by ipobarecriminals: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
olamydey:
flows001,for ur own/sister good, avoid advice like this.May ur sister not suffer 100 years. Nowadays that single mum dey in competition with single girl for space. Are you the one that'll shoulder her responsibility if she cancel the traditional engagement knowing fully well how some people behave... What stop her from taking care of the children as her own?
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
Foodqueen:

95% of step kids don't wish their step mom well.

All the same, I think it's time she digs deep into everything that happened in his first marriage.

This one go long o.

I don't blame your sis about her betrayal after finding out he has children before.

Not all women can accommodate step children. Either grown up or babies.

She alone can decide for herself at this point.

...most probably because 95% of step moms don't treat them well.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by ppogba: 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
President2001:

There's nothing to panic for the first marriage did not hold is now depends how your sater handle the issue though the trust she has in her husband has been betrayed notwithstanding she can still put herself together

There are a million reasons to panic because it is as if next to nothing is known about the guy man.
Who is the other woman?
Is he legally married to her?
What caused the separation?
Has the other woman finally moved on?
What are the plans for the children of the other woman?

I can go on and on.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Noaim: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2023
Flows001:

Her two options are:

It’s your sister’s choice and whatever she wants in life. The most important person here is the innocent young champ involved. Single mothers are not plagues. Even porn stars on xvideo and so on get married. There are always men who are willing to take over. If her reason to stick with him is not out of love but to avoid single motherhood, then she will regret it later. Such dilemmas could be avoided if young women on the continent are trained to fend for themselves rather than always depending on men. Men must take the higher financial responsibilities for their children but the women should as well contribute their shares in this regard.
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by stevups(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2023
May God help her
Re: Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now by Righteousness2(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
Tell her to run from any so called marriage with him.
Flows001:

Her two options are:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? / Can You Date A Girl With Any Of These? / Ladies & Their Craze For Butt Pads...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.