Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1281086 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mytestimony: 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
tanidabi:
Hello fruitful mums please o someone shared her bop story I cannot remember who it was but she said she was complaining of frequent trips to fertilaid and she had not seen the doc,pls am trying to reach her or anyone who lives in lag and is been treated at fertilaid Abuja,someone also said she used m2 tone and had a bop can the person Pls just chat me up on this forum ,for those who used m2 tone at what point of the cycle did u use it

I remember I complained about not seeing the main doctor and almost got discouraged. Thanks to those that encouraged me.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 8:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
@my testimony thanks for the response are you based in lag
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mytestimony: 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
tanidabi:
@my testimony thanks for the response are you based in lag

No I am in plateau
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by celan(f): 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hy beutiful mama's in d house, am new here n dont know ddt a forum lik ds exists,
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by celan(f): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hy beutiful mama's in d house, am new here n dont know ddt a forum lik ds exists, wink
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by celan(f): 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
Pls I need help frm u pple my own case is high fsh /lh, d prolactin is normal, pls has anybody any idea on wat 2 do, my story is so pathetic av been ttcin 4 6yrs now without +ve result, has anybody ds exp. Or know some one who is on it? Pls I need help frm u pple as fast as you can. Thanks beutiful mamas
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by suremanpatriot: 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
celan:
Pls I need help frm u pple my own case is high fsh /lh, d prolactin is normal, pls has anybody any idea on wat 2 do, my story is so pathetic av been ttcin 4 6yrs now without +ve result, has anybody ds exp. Or know some one who is on it? Pls I need help frm u pple as fast as you can. Thanks beutiful mamas

...If the only challenge you hav is hormonal imbalance,then don't worry too much. Just take your hormonal test result to a good ivf centre,the gynae will place u on hormonal drugs to bal your hormones and you will do iui procedure that is based on reason that you are without tubal problem or fibroid and with normal uterus. Iui cost about N200k.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
Thanks all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tenderchic: 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
@ Godmercies, @mumglows,@ olubankemi, fruitfulmommy1 and suremanpatriot thanks a lot for ur advice. @ sremanpatriots pls do u hv aNy idea where I can get ICSi service in Abj and for d tubal flushing?.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by cutielucy: 11:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
Good evening fruiful moms nd Papas of this wonderful forum,I'm new to this thread but iv been on the ttc thread,iv just been peeping on both threads cus iv got notting 2 say and decided 2 give my mind little break 4rm ttc..
I just got my bfp via iui I did lastmnth ...I still can't believe it,this was our 1st try.DH sperm count has been excellent, our challenge has been d fact that I cldnt ovulate on my own and don't produce fertile ewcm,,my gynea just asked us,to try iui since all other investigations seemed fine.ttc has been an emotional rollercoaster.

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by cutielucy: 11:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
I pray 4 everyone still believing God for their bfp ...shall receive it abundantly..ijn..gnite hous

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 6:27am On Oct 13, 2014
Congratulations @cutielucy. Wishing u a healthy and stress free 9 months.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 7:37am On Oct 13, 2014
Tubal flushing works for some people a friend if mine had tubal blockage but I don't know if it is bilateral sha. She had tubal flushing twice.

After the first tubal flushing 2months later she concieved but it was but during her six weeks pg scan it was an empty sac which was not viable.

Then after the evacuation she had another tubal flushing less than three months after she concieved and is presently carrying her pregnancy.

My advise is when u have tubal blockage not hydrosalpinx pls try tubal flushing before considering ivf cos u might be lucky to concieve with just that

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AwesomeGod123: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2014
@ Fruitfulmama. Pls I need to ask you some Questions:was it @ Regenesis that u did ur tubal ligation before the IVF. Pls send ur email id.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ebube2014: 8:21am On Oct 13, 2014
viviparity:
@Isibuttercup nd other mama pls advice me oo.i hv fibriod nd the gyn did not sujest sugery though big nd patent tubes,this is my yr 2 in marriage am above 30yrs.

Please get a second opinion. If you are in Lagos try and visit some of these great doctors that are mentioned on the forum. Fibroids should not prevent you from conceiving unless its blocking your tubes. However it might cause miscarriage after you have conceived because the space will not be enough for the baby. See another gynae if there is no improvement with the one you have.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ebube2014: 8:33am On Oct 13, 2014
@suremanpatriot
"Now blocked tubes is why you qualify to do ivf. But this time around you do a more advanced ivf called icsi, though more expensive"

I believe this statement is not correct. You do not do ICSI because of blocked tubes, the main reason for ICSI is male factor infertility. For blocked tubes surgeries may be performed to remove adhesions, dilate a tube( tube flushing) or create a new tubal opening. However, this is rarely done, as pregnancy rates are usually better with IVF. For hydrosalpinx, removal of your tubes (salpingectomy) or blocking the tubes close to the uterus can improve your chances of pregnancy with IVF.

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mytestimony: 8:37am On Oct 13, 2014
Ebube2014:
@suremanpatriot
"Now blocked tubes is why you qualify to do ivf. But this time around you do a more advanced ivf called icsi, though more expensive"

I believe this statement is not correct. You do not do ICSI because of blocked tubes, the main reason for ICSI is male factor infertility. For blocked tubes surgeries may be performed to remove adhesions, dilate a tube( tube flushing) or create a new tubal opening. However, this is rarely done, as pregnancy rates are usually better with IVF. For hydrosalpinx, removal of your tubes (salpingectomy) or blocking the tubes close to the uterus can improve your chances of pregnancy with IVF.

Thanks o. The thing been weak my bori I no even fit talk.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ebube2014: 8:39am On Oct 13, 2014
celan:

How high is your FHS and LH? Whats your age bracket? Also what is your AMH level? Do you ovulate? Are you overweight? And please do not say your story is pathetic. Wait on the Lord. He will answer you and give you all your children at his appointed time. All you have to do is pray for his directions. It shall be well.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 9:43am On Oct 13, 2014
@All, thanks so much for all the supports you gave to us towards our children's birthday.
I was surprise when I saw Zinachimdindu defy that heavy rain on Friday night to attend the 'Night of Worship' with her husband. Oh my joy knew no bound when they were the focus of the programme at some point. I really thank God for that.
Then on Saturday, she still came around and then my other sisters like Zarammum, Fruitfulmommy1 and some others that I have forgotten their names here. I was so happy introducing them to my wife and I abandoned every other guest to give them enough time, all of us sat down to chat and to still encourage one another.
This is a great family, am so happy to be a member. This is no more a 'faceless forum' cause we will be meeting very often since this same supports I have been given must be extended to the rest of my people here. many more celebrations are on the way, we will soon gather for Abbiby's own, then mytestimony, Zarammumm, Zinachimdindu, Fruitfulmommy1 and infact, all the rest of our people in this forum. God is faithful to do it. Thanks for the wonderful gifts you brought. My God will reward you abundantly
Once again thanks for all the gifts. Love you all. Blendy, thanks for mobilizing your group and they really represented well. Am so proud of you my sister. this show of love is just too much. God bless you.

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
I did not do my tubal ligation in regenesis I did it privately . During laparoscopy I was advised to take it off or ligate nd go for ivf . Nd I heed their advice. I bless God it was a huge success.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by viviparity: 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
@Ebube my dear sister i wonder what is happnn to me, i hv never miss my period let alone miss carriage hmmmmm. I hv regular Af but hv nt done hormonal profile.pls which cycle day is ok for hormonal easy.thank all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ebube2014: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
viviparity:
@Ebube my dear sister i wonder what is happnn to me, i hv never miss my period let alone miss carriage hmmmmm. I hv regular Af but hv nt done hormonal profile.pls which cycle day is ok for hormonal easy.thank all

Its best done on day 3 of your cycle. Please its very important that you do it to know where you are. If there is an imbalance it could manifest in many ways, from not ovulating to ovulating poor quality eggs which will hinder conception. Are you sure everything is okay with your DH?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
Fruitfulmommy1:
thx Fruitfulmum i guess it was a mild irritation, i actually inserted garlic over night and since then it's been ok.
Pls can u explain how u inserted it & is garlic medicinal 4 vaginal infections? Dis is a welcome idea as I try 2 avoid antibiotics as much as I can. Pls throw more light; did u marsh d garlic b4 inserting? Wat quantity? How deep?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Teegali(f): 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
@Cutielucy,wishing you HH nine months.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2014
Tenderchic:
Hello peeps, i found it difficult to post in Nairaland bcs of the way people are being insulted but iam glad that this thread is full of mature people and with words of encouragement to each other, please keep it up. i married few months ago and just diagnosed with bilateral tubal blockage. i found it difficult to involve my hubby at this early stage of our marriage and decided to see if i can solve the problem without him knowing . please is there any hospital that unblock fallopian tubes, i live in Abuja. i need your help please.
My dear b4 I share posible solution, let me give u an advise & a story. As u ve heard frm d fruitful modas in d huse; don't ever hide anytin frm ur dh else it could backfire. He might just stumble upon a careless medical report & mite neva trust u again. Also u mite get 2 a stage wen he's needed & wouldn't know hw 2 start explaining & it'll be frm one trying 2 cover up story 2 anoda.... Cont'd on next post
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
cutielucy:
I pray 4 everyone still believing God for their bfp ...shall receive it abundantly..ijn..gnite hous

AMEN thanks.You ll be fine and ve a smooth pregnancy and delivery

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
@Tenderchic; 3wks ago a woman share ds testimony @ my church 'Dunamis HQrt Area 1 Abuja'. She had ovarian cyst b4 marriage & neva told her dh. Afta marriage, she was favored 2 ve a child then after so many yrs culdnt ve a 2nd child & now pretended 2 go 4 investigation 4d 1st time togeda wit dh & pretended 2b surprise about d result which revealed ovarian cyst. One day after hearing a msg about hw confesion paved way 4 someone decided 2 confess 2 her dh who 4gave her & dat month she conceived. My dear some people have suffered setbacks in marriages cos they've neva been true 2 their spouses eg maybe concealing their true age, infidelity etc. The TRUTH attracts God's mercy & intervention But Lie closes ones heaven; dis is not our Portion in Jesus name. 2b Cont'd on my next post

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by cutielucy: 7:09am On Oct 14, 2014
Tnx soo much guys...I pray God grant everyone in this thread their heart desires..ijn ..
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 7:34am On Oct 14, 2014
@Tenderchic; haven said dis I want u 2 know dat most cases of blocked tubes are usually not d case. A 2nd test needs 2b done 2b sure. HSg can be so painful dat if u keep figeting during d process, it mite not come out true. D expertise of d Radiologist also counts. Aug 2010, I was diagonised with tubal blockage both tubes. I cried frm d hosp 2 my huse. Started going frm one church prog 2 anoda;Lagos, auchi etc. Dec 2010 wen I met Dh, I told him bluntly "my tubes are blocked o according 2 med report". He said no wahala, he'll marry me & dat repot is cancelled. Nov 2011, 4 months afta wedin, I went 2 one of d best Gynae in Kaduna, cos I learnt they do flush d tubes if need be. Cont'd below
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 8:42am On Oct 14, 2014
@Tenderchic;so wen we started, the Dr was like "madam, why are u here?" I answered "my tubes are blocked,I want dem flushed" & She(Dr) said "Pls tear those med repot. Ur tubes are open, infact dis is the easiest & best proceedure wit glaring result I ve done so far 2day". I was so excited dat I 4got 2 collect d med repot. I ve done 2 more elsewer afta dis & got positive results. D name of d hosp is VICAS, off Alkali Rd GRA, kaduna. Its run by one Dr George & wife, an American, very patient 2 hear all ur questions & explains watever is 2b done on u b4 comencing. She can spend an hour wit a patient, u sabi Oyinbo na, just 2b sure u are satisfied. They usually do a SonaHSG which is diffrent frm d ordinary HSG. Here ultrasound is used instead of Xray. As d process is on, u can view ur womb on d screen togeda with d Dr & see wats happening 2 ur tubes. Painless & harmless since its ultrasound & not Xray. I paid N2,500 for d proceedure then. N5k if u wanna flush. 2k for special appt because if u go there later dan 6am, u'll mistaken it 4 a political rally grin. Exagerated but really, d crowd can discourage u. U can call d Dr on 08076914565. Don't mind d price, it is KD & not Abuja & d Drs are compasionate & full of Faith. They ve dis missionaries atitude & ve practiced in d US 4 over 20yrs.I don't recommend a place I ve not been 2 or used.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tenderchic: 8:49am On Oct 14, 2014
@ Thanks Modafornations, iam happy for u. Though still waiting for the whole story. ....... Could You pls do me a favour by sending the Doctors' contact in Kaduna to my email (chi4xtian@yahoo.com). Also wll highly appreciate it if u can also drop ur number for us to discuss more extensively.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tenderchic: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2014
@modafornations,Thank you so much. U are a darling. Still want to have ur number. I will call the Dr later today.tnx u have made my day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.