Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1285938 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
@moma2,i hope someone answers u quick.Wish u bfp.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
@zezzy I op so too.tanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 12:17am On Oct 09, 2014
@bro inwagobio happy birthday to the generals nd congratulations once again. As we all celebrate with the generals good tins will never cease from us. May God visit those of us still in the queue awaiting a bfp IJN. I wish I could attend the party...

Sorry my bday wish Is coming this late .

@moma sorry don't have an idea

@ fruitfulmommy it cld just be a mild irritation of the cervix or vigina but I will suggest u see a gynea pls.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 5:49am On Oct 09, 2014
Dr Emeka's number is 08032011536. You can get his price from him but for success rate you need to read up old posts and also the thread called cost of ivf in Nigeria.
Hope this helps. All the best

Inwangobio Congrats on the triplets turning 1. Its not easy.. You and madam have done well as I can see their shinning and smiling faces on FB. Some of our fruitful mums from the BB group based in Abj Will be representing us by God's grace. Already given them Ur number to get d address. Happy birthday to the Cuties and i pray all waiting mothers Will experience this kind of joy pretty soon. One love!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2014
Thanks my great sister, thanks for all the efforts u put towards making this thread what it is today.
Yea some of them called yesterday, I cant wait to see members of this great family again, it gladdens my heart that I have a great family here. God bless you and my regards to Bryan and Ryan.
For those who cant make it please just relax cause we still have many more things to celebrate and we will soon meet in other people's places, because I know by God's grace people like Abibby, mytestimony will soon celebrate, then my sisters like Nogen, Venus, Modaofnations, Honeybony, Safe06, Tanidabi, fruitfulmum, momas, fruitfulmommy1, Zinachimdindu, and the rest of my sisters will soon celebrate.
God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmommy1: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
thx Fruitfulmum i guess it was a mild irritation, i actually inserted garlic over night and since then it's been ok.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
[quote author=moma2 post=26975523]Wonderful sisters in the house,please I need information about olive branches fertility clinic lagos(price,success rate etc) . I want to embark on my 2nd IVF.am relatively new here and its kind of difficult to go through all the older threads.kindly help a sister.baby dust to us all.[/quote
His price is 30k 4 consultation 88k for preaccessment 988k for ivf and or icsi and drugs(no price difference)285k for embryo storage for 6 months additional 168k for blastocyst transfer
Am aware his success rates sare very good
Just attended s naming ceremony yesterday ...from holllllllllllls his clinic
Hope ds helps
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
good job @Godmercies.

please what is blastocyst and the advantages? must one pay all this you highlighted?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mytestimony: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
olubankemi:
please, all have had gone through the procedure, i am planning to go for this very soon. please what drugs did you use two month to this time?

what can i use to prepare my womb and body?

please kindly share step by step you took to achieve success. what drug would you suggest hubby take in preparation?

@mytestimony and other with male issue, please what drug did your doctor prescribe for your DH to increase the count before the procedure?

what drug is best for morphology of sperm cos i read morphology is very important for ivf/icsi.
thanks.

I did not do anything special o. Just kept begging God to wipe our tears away using that particular doctor. Doctor prescribed motility boost. That was all o. They did not even ask him to take any special meals or abstain from anything. He took it for 3 months. God has the final say. Try not to stress yourself. I remember doingalot of relaxation using some tapes. They h3lped me reduce anxiety especially after transfer
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
Thank you so much for your timely response.

Mennn, pray one day, and soon I will wake up and know that am a mother!!!. How will it be?

I might jump over the roof ooo.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by modaofnations(f): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
olubankemi:
please, all have had gone through the procedure, i am planning to go for this very soon. please what drugs did you use two month to this time?

what can i use to prepare my womb and body?

please kindly share step by step you took to achieve success. what drug would you suggest hubby take in preparation?

@mytestimony and other with male issue, please what drug did your doctor prescribe for your DH to increase the count before the procedure?

what drug is best for morphology of sperm cos i read morphology is very important for ivf/icsi.

thanks.
My dear, I'm glad 2 see u bounce back. We'll all laugh very soon in Jesus Name. Concerning dis DH issue. I remember 2 members on ds thread; Nogen and one other person who after failed ivf, got bfp after visiting one mama Helen who gives native therapy in Lagos. Her no. Was displayed sometime ago in earlier posts. She was well spoken of. I too wanted 2 visit her wen I visited Lagos but culdn't. Try & contact Nogen 4 more info. U can give dis a thot while prepring 4 ivf sins u reside in Lagos. Baby dust

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hello motherofbations. Thank you for your concern. Wetin I go do? I must bounce back na. If I remain down na myself i dey do oo and devil go see where to feast. No room down there for me and you. Our master Jesus is up there and we going to meet Him someday to answer all the questions we could not answer.

As my God lives and as His Spirit is alive (in pastor Olukoya's language), this time next year, I will sing a new song. You will sing a new song.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
olubankemi:
good job @Godmercies.

please what is blastocyst and the advantages? must one pay all this you highlighted?

My sista na so we see am o
Hes v good though; was shocked wen DH said he likes him!
Blartocyst stage is not compulsory ie to wait till embryos get 2 day 5
Advantange is dat embryos dat reached ds stage inmusts be v good and success is v high and remember dat its day 5 dat eggs reach d uterus in normal sorry natural pregnancy so d eggs arrived d uterus at their perfect age but not all eggs ll reach blast so day 3 is also good.Dats why hes charging extra 168k I tink.its optional but me go do am o
Everyother tin is compulsory except u want to discard your embryos
Cheers
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Wow! Great thread!!! I was successful on my 2nd cycle of IVF, and did soooo much investigation during that time. I'll be following this thread, so I can share whatever knowledge I can. Good luck all!

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hi Olubanke. You need to be careful with blastocysts here in Nigeria. A lot of clinics here do not have the right medium for it. They'll tell you they do, but they don't. My first IVF at Nordica, I went to blastocyst. My perfect embryos (from day 0 to day 3) suddenly started started failing. By day 5, I only had 1 blastocyst and 2 morulas.

For my 2nd cycle at Georges, I transferred day 2....and got my twins.

Good luck!

Godmercies:

My sista na so we see am o
Hes v good though; was shocked wen DH said he likes him!
Blartocyst stage is not compulsory ie to wait till embryos get 2 day 5
Advantange is dat embryos dat reached ds stage inmusts be v good and success is v high and remember dat its day 5 dat eggs reach d uterus in normal sorry natural pregnancy so d eggs arrived d uterus at their perfect age but not all eggs ll reach blast so day 3 is also good.Dats why hes charging extra 168k I tink.its optional but me go do am o
Everyother tin is compulsory except u want to discard your embryos
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
IsiButtercup:
Wow! Great thread!!! I was successful on my 2nd cycle of IVF, and did soooo much investigation during that time. I'll be following this thread, so I can share whatever knowledge I can. Good luck all!

Welcome Isibuttercup
Pls educate on womb scrapping b4 ivf
Did u do it? My doc said its not necessary and can even cause sepsis (?)
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
@isibuttercup. Thank you love.

Please share your discoveries that led to your success. Pls am ready to hear I beg you.

Hubby said if am able to get twins we will just stop there and not worry again.

@Godmercy, I read something about womb scratching. It is also called mock transfer. Helps to see the womb is in better shape for baby transfer and helps for success too.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hi Godmercies!

No, I didn't oh. I read about it, but didn't even want to try that! I had fibroid surgery in 2008 and had enough scar tissue, so didn't want to risk it at all!!! Sweetie, there is no need for it at all!

Godmercies:

Welcome Isibuttercup
Pls educate on womb scrapping b4 ivf
Did u do it? My doc said its not necessary and can even cause sepsis (?)
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hi Olubankemi,

These are the things I did for my 2nd cycle, which I didn't do with the first:

1) I improved my diet, with lots of proteins especially, to improve egg quality

2) I took a teaspoonful of honey every day. I read somewhere that it helped egg quality as well

3) I got myself into shape. I think I lost about 5kg. Not too much, but enough to get me feeling better physically

4) I was in a much better mental state. I understood this time that it could, or couldn't, work

5) I changed my hospital from the wretched one I used for cycle 1

6) I ate pineapple core from the day before egg transfer to 4 days after

7) During the 2 week wait, I made sure I was as chilled as I was mentally. I watched movies, especially comedies, and just kept myself happy

cool Only my husband and BFF knew what I was doing. Cycle 1, almost all my friends knew...and my Mom too. So when it failed, it was catastrophic having to deal with the "How far" questions

I hope this helps hun. You will get your twins in JESUS NAME!

olubankemi:
@isibuttercup. Thank you love.

Please share your discoveries that led to your success. Pls am ready to hear I beg you.

Hubby said if am able to get twins we will just stop there and not worry again.

@Godmercy, I read something about womb scratching. It is also called mock transfer. Helps to see the womb is in better shape for baby transfer and helps for success too.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by derommyvent: 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
Goodevening all, doctors in the house i went for a pelvic scan
today and here is the result, please help me interpret and what
next should i do. Baby dust to us all IJN.
Thanks.

The uterus is empty and normal sized, the dimensions are 30mm ×
61mm (AP × Length).
It has a normal myometrical and endometrical echogenecity.
No fibroid seen, a cyst (24mm × 40mm ) ? Simple is noted on the
left side.
The right adnexium and the pouch of Douglas are normal.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hello isibuttercup. I can only say thank you for your immense contribution.

But pls, what type of proteinous food were you eating?

What prenatal were you on too?

Don't mind my too many questions.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
@deronmvent, the only thing I noticed is cyst in your post. I took alligator pepper to clear mine. Mind you, u prayed it out too, can't imagine cyst or whatever they called it then. Take alligator pepper and ginger.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by derommyvent: 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
olubankemi:
@deronmvent, the only thing I noticed is cyst in your post. I took alligator pepper to clear mine. Mind you, u prayed it out too, can't imagine cyst or whatever they called it then. Take alligator pepper and ginger.

Thanks for the response. Please how do i take the alligator pepper?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by IsiButtercup: 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
I ate a lot of lean meat (chicken mainly) and eggs. I'm lactose intolerant so couldn't do milk, but if you can, milk is very good!

For prenatals, I was on Pregnacare Conception and Omega 3.

Not too many questions at all dear. Please ask as many as you want.

olubankemi:
Hello isibuttercup. I can only say thank you for your immense contribution.

But pls, what type of proteinous food were you eating?

What prenatal were you on too?

Don't mind my too many questions.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
Isibuttercup thanks love. Will take note. Will call your attention to any other question.

@derommvent, I took a tea spoon of blended alligator pepper daily mixed with ginger water. You can blend the ginger too and mix with alligator pepper.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by derommyvent: 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
olubankemi:
Isibuttercup thanks love. Will take note. Will call your attention to any other question.

@derommvent, I took a tea spoon of blended alligator pepper daily mixed with ginger water. You can blend the ginger too and mix with alligator pepper.

Thanks so much. I will get the alligator pepper and ginger tomorrow and start immediately. Baby dust to us all IJN.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 8:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
IsiButtercup:
I ate a lot of lean meat (chicken mainly) and eggs. I'm lactose intolerant so couldn't do milk, but if you can, milk is very good!

For prenatals, I was on Pregnacare Conception and Omega 3.

Not too many questions at all dear. Please ask as many as you want.

Pls when exactly did you start d protein diet
I mean deliberately and is normal peak milk ok? Cos of weight gain wahala....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 8:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
I read online that womb scratching enhances the chances of implantation by 50% nd it's not same as mock trf but it is usually done when a mock Trf is done.

I did it during my time sha.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hello fruitfulmum. Thanks for the input. Pls where did you do the womb scratching?

Thanks.

@derommyvent. Amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
Pls what is pineapple core? How often does one take it per day because I took pineapple a day after ET and I still got a BFN. I was also on pregna care conception for 3months before I started d IVF.I take milo and peak milk every morning for the past few years.pls what else can I do to improve my chances of BFP in the next cycle.thanks all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
Pls what is pineapple core? How often does one take it a day? I took pineapple a day after ET and I still got a BFN.I was also on pregnacare conception for 3months before d IVF,I always take milo and peak milk every morning for many years now.I had endometrial scratching done.pls what else can I do 2 increase my chance of BFP in my next cycle? Thanks all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.