Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1280033 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
LadyGuinivere: Hmmm. Thia my story be like tales by moonlight. I called my hospital to ask about how much hysterescopy be for there. One thing turned to another and I got the info that my tests were misread and the embryos they considered bad was good
Long story short. I should come in for FET for the embryos free of charge cos of their error. My people I am in a daze o! If it works e go be miracle.
If I hadn't called them I for no know plus God na em make d doc just blurt out the thing 'ehe u even have two good embryos in storage' I said how? I can't believe it up till now

But on d bright side God is working things around for ur good. I can smell ur BFP v soon looool
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Truth is its well within my rights to sue (which they know and I know, as I'm a lawyer and have ALL my medical records)
However putting suing on one side of the scale and the mysterious hand of God on d other? I chose God's plan o!
Cos one second I'm budgeting for india, the next all I have to do is pay for my TP to lagos. Hm
The sad part of the story is if I hadn't caled for enquires I'd never know o! They said what if we hadn't told u? I answered well I have my records and it d have come out somehow.
I feel like I got a free ticket to d bahamas with spending money and a car plus I also won a lottery at the same time thou I'm pissed off sha! Lol

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessedmum(f): 2:31am On Aug 21, 2014
LadyGuinivere: @itissettled I echo your name to u - it is settled! God will do it as into Hannah, Sarah and Elizabeth. Joy comes in the morning
I do not know if anybody has read supernatural childbirth? It has blessed me in amazing ways. I have an e copy and am willing to send to whoever wants to read
@LadyGuinivere, pls am interested in the ebook.
Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 6:27am On Aug 21, 2014
@LadyGuinivere, d grace of God is with u. Look at it from a brighter side. The will of God will never take u where his grace will not protect you. Sending u sticky baby dust and putting u in my prayers that all tins works out for u. Stay blessed.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:48am On Aug 21, 2014
Blessedmum:
@LadyGuinivere, pls am interested in the ebook. Kindly send to rose_queen102@yahoo.com.
Thanks
@clintbabe and blessedmum sent. Check ur inbox
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:49am On Aug 21, 2014
Anewdawn: @LadyGuinivere, d grace of God is with u. Look at it from a brighter side. The will of God will never take u where his grace will not protect you. Sending u sticky baby dust and putting u in my prayers that all tins works out for u. Stay blessed.
Amen sis! Thanks a mil
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2014
Anewdawn: @LadyGuinivere, d grace of God is with u. Look at it from a brighter side. The will of God will never take u where his grace will not protect you. Sending u sticky baby dust and putting u in my prayers that all tins works out for u. Stay blessed.
Amen sis! Thanks a mil
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessedmum(f): 9:25am On Aug 21, 2014
LadyGuinivere:
@clintbabe and blessedmum sent. Check ur inbox

Seen. Thanks sis.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by coffeencream: 9:38am On Aug 21, 2014
Good day,everyone. This TTC journey is so overwhelming that reading anything about it sometimes gets me depressed. I know our Lord answers us all when it's His time but sometimes I just get so sad. My HSG last september showed pelvic adhesions and I refused a laparoscopy because of fear of more adhesions. The doctors suggested ivf cuz according to them, my age is an encouragement(I'm 28 o. I no be small pikin again) and every other factor is okay,normal hormones,normal AF, perfect womb except for d adhesions which may be preventing passage of sperm. Hubby has a low sperm count but good motility n active sperms,so they say that won't be a problem. Problem is I'm scared of ivf failing, d cost n d pain one has to endure. I won't want to experience that type of pain for nothing as my body has a low treshold for pain.we registered at fusion nest in omole and the tests have been carried out. Now,to decide,hubby says he doesn't like d looks on the faces of d people that we should go somewhere else. Please how good is regenesis and what is their present cost for ivf? May God in his infinite mercy bless each and everyone of us with children that will be a source of coolness to our eyes.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessedmum(f): 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
I Salute u my sisters,I am not new to ttc but I am new to this thread. I need ur opinions on my Dh's SA.I want to know if he should continue medication or if we should consider assisted method. Our wedding ll be 3yrs in 2 months time.

Total Spermatozoa Count 6ml
Active Motility 10%
Sluggish Motility 5%
Dead Motiility 85%
Normal morphology 60%
Abnormal morphology 40%
Ephithelial Cells 3-6Hpf
Pus Cells ++
He is currently using Oligocare.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
Blessedmum: I Salute u my sisters,I am not new to ttc but I am new to this thread. I need ur opinions on my Dh's SA.I want to know if he should continue medication or if we should consider assisted method. Our wedding ll be 3yrs in 2 months time.

Total Spermatozoa Count 6ml
Active Motility 10%
Sluggish Motility 5%
Dead Motiility 85%
Normal morphology 60%
Abnormal morphology 40%
Ephithelial Cells 3-6Hpf
Pus Cells ++
He is currently using Oligocare.
My sister eh. Ist things ist. What does ur DH think? From my non medical (but research) knowledge motility needs to be about 60 percent to be ok I think. Have u tried medication? Has there being improvement? Those are the factors u shud consider before other fertillity measures.Also, usually there's an underlying cause for low mortility. Have the drs checked y? Cos once u start IVF there is no going back and e de cost well well. 3 years thou painful isn't so long.
But , that been said Ivf/icsi would be d next measure with 100 percent prayers if medications don't work
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ijeaify: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello good people! Am actually a silent reader in this forum ,I greet you all. I was diagnosed of bilateral hydrosalphinx last month after a lengthy discussion with my doctor he suggested Ivf ,that what it means is dat even though my tubes are patent they are actually not healthy enough to pick egg and transport sperm. And after much research on the Internet on hydrosalphinx and ivf I found out I neeed to do a laparoscopy before the ivf , please my question is where in port harcourt can I go for this laparoscopy and also what is the cost .if am to consider doing the ivf in portharcourt which hospital is the best ivf centre in port harcourt.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessedmum(f): 12:33am On Aug 22, 2014
@LadyGuinivere, thanks for responding he's on medication. I understand 3years is not long compared with others but it's d low fluid&motility dat's making me worried. He ll still continue with his medication for d next 3mnth after which we ll carry out another test to check d improvement.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lauracares: 6:23am On Aug 22, 2014
Blessedmum: @LadyGuinivere, thanks for responding he's on medication. I understand 3years is not long compared with others but it's d low fluid&motility dat's making me worried. He ll still continue with his medication for d next 3mnth after which we ll carry out another test to check d improvement.
Blessedmum: @LadyGuinivere, thanks for responding he's on medication. I understand 3years is not long compared with others but it's d low fluid&motility dat's making me worried. He ll still continue with his medication for d next 3mnth after which we ll carry out another test to check d improvement.
@blessedmum, fear not...the Holy Spirit ll quicken him n gv his fluid speed n potency...it is well
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 10:45am On Aug 22, 2014
ijeaify: Hello good people! Am actually a silent reader in this forum ,I greet you all. I was diagnosed of bilateral hydrosalphinx last month after a lengthy discussion with my doctor he suggested Ivf ,that what it means is dat even though my tubes are patent they are actually not healthy enough to pick egg and transport sperm. And after much research on the Internet on hydrosalphinx and ivf I found out I neeed to do a laparoscopy before the ivf , please my question is where in port harcourt can I go for this laparoscopy and also what is the cost .if am to consider doing the ivf in portharcourt which hospital is the best ivf centre in port harcourt.

Hi I think uou should try gynaescope hospital phc you can google their address
Read old posts bout them also
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by latestmummy: 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
ijeaify: Hello good people! Am actually a silent reader in this forum ,I greet you all. I was diagnosed of bilateral hydrosalphinx last month after a lengthy discussion with my doctor he suggested Ivf ,that what it means is dat even though my tubes are patent they are actually not healthy enough to pick egg and transport sperm. And after much research on the Internet on hydrosalphinx and ivf I found out I neeed to do a laparoscopy before the ivf , please my question is where in port harcourt can I go for this laparoscopy and also what is the cost .if am to consider doing the ivf in portharcourt which hospital is the best ivf centre in port harcourt.

Gynescope carry out Laparoscopy and also hysteroscopy though I dont know the cost. You can also have your IVF there. They are good.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by gingerspice: 7:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
@LadyG, this is God manifesting Himself in your life. Your phonecall was orchestrated by Him.I am so dumbfounded!...lol... Don't worry brighter days are surely ahead! You are a lawyer so like you said you are well aware of your rights, but ur decision to move on from their silly error is commendable. I draw encouragement from your story and believe that soon we would have joyful stories to tell.I asked you sometime ago about using trucaare or georges in lekki. Remember me? Take care
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
gingerspice: @LadyG, this is God manifesting Himself in your life. Your phonecall was orchestrated by Him.I am so dumbfounded!...lol...
Yes my sister. I remember answering that I know nothing abt trucare but that Dr Emeka was good and has patient's time. Which did u pick?
Nne if I vex will I meet the target to carry belle? I just took it that it was God's plan
Received my medications from the hospital for my free FET today. Free things can sweet o! Lol.
Reminder o! Special Holy Ghost session for those waiting on d Lord for the fruits of the womb, 4th september at RCCG camp.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by gingerspice: 12:25am On Aug 24, 2014
I chose Trucare and have sTarted iui treatment. Hoping for God's blessings!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ononoplanet(f): 12:59am On Aug 25, 2014
hello Lady G sending sticky vibes ur way. wanted to send u a DM but dont know how. my email is riketanto@yahoo.com. need to have some private discussions with regards to India options. do get in touch. thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 8:48am On Aug 25, 2014
ononoplanet: hello Lady G sending sticky vibes ur way. wanted to send u a DM but dont know how. my email is riketanto@yahoo.com. need to have some private discussions with regards to India options. do get in touch. thanks
Emailed u. Holla back
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 9:55am On Aug 27, 2014
Hello everyone
This thread is so quiet wats wrong
Pls where can I get Duromine in Nigeria anyone knows anywhere?
Doctor prescribed for weight loss
Thanks and sprinkles of babies dust to all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
I de think the same thing o!
I dunno about the drug but you may wanna try bitter kola for its weight loss properties. Discovered it by mistake. Somebody said to take it for a nasty cough I had, and after three days I noticed a small amount of weight loss ( yes I fixate on my weight so I noticed instantly)
Googled it and saw it causes a significant amount of weight loss but not good for use DURING pregnancy.

Godmercies: Hello everyone
This thread is so quiet wats wrong
Pls where can I get Duromine in Nigeria anyone knows anywhere?
Doctor prescribed for weight loss
Thanks and sprinkles of babies dust to all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Vivi14: 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
Good evening! Does anyone know where I can get a drug called pycnogenol in Lagos? Has anyone even heard of this drug or used it? Its supposed to be for morphology. I have attached a picture.

Please let me know your experience & Baby dust smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Beetle: 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
@ vivi pycnogenol is a supplement not a drug, can barely see the strength and hubby needs to be 200mg. It's a french bark and this was tested on some in France for 90 days, it's quite good but expensive. Solgar is the one that I know by heart that stock that strength. Hope u get what you are looking for.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lioha(f): 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
hello friends! Been a while, after my 1st failed IVF I went underground and now back for good. I summoned yet another courage and went for the 2nd IVF this month. Am suppose to go for the pregnancy test on the 27th August but could not summon courage. Just this evening I did a pregnancy test on my own and it was positive, pls what do you suggest I do since am so scared of going to the hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 7:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
@iloha, please proceed with a celebration and positivity! Ur babies have come to stay!!!
@LadyG, please is the program at camp or headquarters?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lauracares: 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
lioha: hello friends! Been a while, after my 1st failed IVF I went underground and now back for good. I summoned yet another courage and went for the 2nd IVF this month. Am suppose to go for the pregnancy test on the 27th August but could not summon courage. Just this evening I did a pregnancy test on my own and it was positive, pls what do you suggest I do since am so scared of going to the hospital.

Congrats sis...wishing you a healthy n stress less pregnancy...I am next in line for a miracle smiley

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by lauracares: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
@kiki100, the programmer is at the redemption camp, 1st Friday,september
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Thanks@lauracrares
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by awesomemum1(f): 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
lioha: hello friends! Been a while, after my 1st failed IVF I went underground and now back for good. I summoned yet another courage and went for the 2nd IVF this month. Am suppose to go for the pregnancy test on the 27th August but could not summon courage. Just this evening I did a pregnancy test on my own and it was positive, pls what do you suggest I do since am so scared of going to the hospital.

Congratsssssss!wishing you a pleasant nine months ahead. I will advice you still go to hospital, your testimony is already signed and seal.

@ ALL;
Trust everyone is doing great.For those that will not be able to be physically present @the september HolyGhost service of RCCG, you can watch it live by connecting to either the liveway tv(audio only) or www.rccg.org. May the peace and joy of the Lord continue to reign in our lives.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmercies: 10:40pm On Aug 28, 2014

Be calmmmmm then wait for your betas.But believe and praise God because he has done it
Congrats

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.