Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,327 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? (42764 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by felvick(m): 7:50am On Jul 15, 2023
Nobody told me to be careful and check every vuji milk or hollandia milk containers carefully before drinking them when your wife is pregnant....so you don't end up drinking her spit.

3 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by pekisdgee(m): 7:53am On Jul 15, 2023
datola:
Marriage na scam people are coming...
if your parent are still alive ask them if is a scam... that your old age you will understand
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by EriMma1: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2023
Suspect33:
You're trying to make marriage look bad so you'll feel good about your single state grin grin

Your friends are mother's (one of the best things that could happen to a woman), and it comes with it's responsibilities which they rise up to, and then there's you grin grin.. trying to convince yourself that you're living "the life".. it's called a defense mechanism cheesy cheesy

"Best thing to happen to women" my foot! Defense mechanisms kor defense organisms Nii..
Look, the stage I'm in now is called "maximizing your youth" and I'm taking full advantage of that cos I'll soon be married and give up the freedom that comes with being a youth till God knows when. Mr "defence mechanism", you don hia ram?
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Suspect33(m): 8:01am On Jul 15, 2023
EriMma1:

Defense mechanism my foot.
Look, the stage I'm in now is called "maximizing your youth" and I'm taking full advantage of this stage cos I'll soon be married and give up the freedom that comes with being a youth till God knows when. Mr "defence mechanism", you don hia ram?

oh, so it's no longer a cage again, I'd think any sensible human would avoid anything that seemed to be a 'cage', unless, maybe it's not a cage and they only termed it so as a means of coping with the fact that they don't have it grin grin

"Cos I'll be married soon" no you won't grin, stop lying madam, anyone who will be married soon wouldn't give marriage a negative connotation, only those who've lost hope that they'd ever walk down that aisle

2 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by AlphaHakimi: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2023
maestro299:
Marriage was created to protect women. Men (or at least the non-beta men) would go on fine without it. It still baffles me why 'feminists' are so hellbent on removing that protection for their gender.

Initially, marriage was solely made to be a union where the man is the head of that union and the woman is the body of the union. Human beings are social in nature that is why we always want to belong to one group or another. However, marriage has continually evolved into a weapon subtly used by women to gain control of men.

You want to sleep with a woman and she says "marry me first". What if you marry her today and after sleeping with her 2 or 3 times you divorce her. If women were in our shoes that's how they will treat us.

Women are transactional in nature. There is nothing they give you without expecting something in return. In contrast, they expect men to give them something without expecting anything in return.

Let me make you understand this, women complain that the can not go out on a date if the guy is not willing to spend. However, they don't understand that their pussy means to them what our money means to us.

In essence, they want you to freely part with your money while placing conditions on their body. This is wrong. Must a man spend money on a date with you?. Why not split the check on your dates.

This is why I talk about manipulation. Women want to manipulate men into doing their bidding. My advice to men is this, never be scared to negotiate from the onset. If you want sex from a girl, firmly make your intentions known.

A woman that does not want to sleep with you should also not spend your money. Otherwise what do we gain from it?. You loose money and you get no sex??.

Now women and SIMPs will attack me with the following

-Don't you have mothers or sisters?
-Everything you want is sex
- Must you sleep with a girl because you took her on a date etc

Please understand that women will try to do everything to make sex look like a bad thing so that once you mention sex, everyone thinks of you as a bad person.
My brothers please NEVER look at sex as a bad thing. The urge for sex is natural and its just like the urge for food, the urge to take a drink, the urge to use the restroom, the urge to sleep. It's all part of nature so you should embrace it. Don't feel ashamed to ask for what you want.

Shalom

16 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Iyajelili(f): 8:08am On Jul 15, 2023
Marrying wrong will be your worst mistake ever.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Livingstone124: 8:11am On Jul 15, 2023
Zyxsc:
1. For a man, it's just a bills-paying institution. You go pay bills sotey you go forget wetin carry you enter the marriage in the first place

2. Enjoy your bachelorhood Wella before going into it. 40 is not too late for a man to get married.

3. You can't prove you're mentally strong until you're married because na then you go know what it takes to retrain an adult child like your wife. She go do some kain things wey be say, e fit make you go crazy.

4. If you can avoid it, please do. It's not worth it. Once you're married, you'll loose a part of your freedom. You can only regain it at the detriment of your home.

5. Don't go into marriage because of children. They may grow up and not make you happy by going against your wish (of course, they have their own lives to live. You've lived yours). Don't go into marriage because you love your girlfriend. Na this one go clear your eyes pass. Go into marriage because you want a life-long friend. Even at that, it's still a gamble. E fit shock you 10 years down the line.
Bros too much oil dey ur head

2 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2023
Zonefree:
Marriage is overrated!

How do you know?
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Bluearrow: 8:20am On Jul 15, 2023
EriMma1:
Marriage na cage from the way I see married women. Whenever we go out with them and try to chill, you'll see them hurrying back home to meet up with school runs and chores. Haba! Me I'll just be laughing and enjoying myself till 8-9pmish before going home.

Sometimes marriage scares me.
Yes it seems cool enjoying now till u get old with no one around, only then u will understand. Nothing anyone will tell u now that will make u understand. Old age for a single woman without a family is a very miserable one.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by DaRuud(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2023
May God bless all responsible men out there in this Renewed Hopeless Shege Era .

Bills na shege

House Rent
Food
Water
Security bills
Light bill
Utility bills
Cloth
Shoes
Furniture
Gas
Utensils
Data
Dstv
Transportation
Pampers
SMA gold
Nutribom
Weekend stroll
Suya
Meat
Eateries
Birthday
Pads
School fees
Lesson fees.
Parents money
Sibbling money
In-law money
Wife's friends
Visitors
Unexpected visitors
Regular visitors

Manson1:
Things nobody may tell you about marriage:

1) At some point in marriage, love may fade, you will only need commitment to survive. Especially when your partner changes from the person you knew initially.

2) As a woman, enjoy your single life now because when you marry, you will let go of certain lifestyle and enjoyment because of kids and family responsibilities.

3) As a man, when you marry , you must let go of certain life for your family reputation and integrity.

4) Attraction Wanes. This is one of the things nobody tells you about marriage. Even if you marry the most beautiful woman or a handsome man, one fine day, the attraction is sure to wane.You may feel that your partner is no longer attractive or your partner may feel the same about you. But still, the marriage can survive when you fall inlove with your partner's soul, not just the body.

4) Your in-laws are not your friends. Relate with them with caution.

5) You can stay many months without séx because of responsibilities.

6) Marriage is work, you work to make it work.

7) You need to forgive because you will always be offended.

8.) Childbirth can change your physical look or cause damage to your body. A successful child delivery is a miracle

9) If you marry someone who feels he or she is too good for you, you will suffer. The person will always make you feel less, like you're privileged to marry him/her

10) If you're a career driven person, marry a supportive partner, Marry someone who is eager to aspire. If you marry unsupportive partner or someone who settles for status quo, you will suffer alot

Cc; Walshak Kos

Let's hear from the married folks cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by AlphaHakimi: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2023
vickydevoka:

The moment you know your position as a father, the better for you. Most men just wanna be husband n not a father. A father is one who will alway there for his kids , a father is one who lead by example. The kind of man you are attracts the kinda woman who will end up with. Most men want to be living like a bachelor in marriage. No one should pressure you to marry, but when you decides to , please do it with a seriousness and be dedicated. I’m very ok at 32, Buh I don’t want to marry Bcus I know myself. I really want to enjoy my bachelor life , so by the time I gets into marriage I will fully dedicate myself and do away with a lot of things

My brother,

The reason why I always say that this present day marriage does not favour men is because of VALUE.
Now you may want to know what I mean by value. Value is the worth attached to something. Men do not marry a woman because she can provide. Men do not marry because a woman can protect. Men marry unconditionally. This is why men love unconditionally. This love is akin to the kind of Love Jesus has for us. It is an unconditional love. This is why a man can marry a poor, illiterate, village girl and bring her to the city and change her life and the life of her family forever without asking for anything in return.

On the other hand, women marry on the condition that you provide something. You provide, protect, lead etc. If you're unable to do these things, they will say "he is not yet matured for marriage"

Now as a man, as you age, your value as a marriage able man increases. On the other hand, as a woman ages, her value as a marriage able woman decreases.
This is why women hate polygamy. They know that when you are ready to practice polygamy, they will no longer be among those you will truly want. This is why they are against polygamy. People may argue that women can also decide to practice polyandry but it will not favour them because once they clock 50yrs their husband's will look for someone younger.

The only natural requirement for a man to get married according to nature is if he can impregnate a women. Women are the once attaching other things like provision, protection etc.

So ask yourself this question, why would you stick with one woman when your value increases. Why stay in such bondage. When women had the womanly value, they had several partners and that was when they think the whole world revolves around them. But when it's your turn to have the whole world around your finger tip, women would now want you to be monogamous.

The purest form of unconditional love you can ever get from a woman is that of your Mother. She is the only woman that can love you unconditionally and that is the kind of live men seek from their wives.

Do not come here to tell me I have sisters or a mother. I JUST WANT TO REMIND YOU THAT YOUR MOTHER IS YOUR FATHERS WIFE AND HENCE SHE WILL MANIPULATE HIM BUT SHE WILL LOVE YOU. YOUR SISTERS WILL MANIPULATE THEIR HUSBANDS BUT THEY WILL LOVE YOU.

SO THE TYPE OF MANIPULATION YOU WILL GET FROM WOMEN DEPENDS 100% ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM.

10 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 15, 2023
Marriage is nice when you meet a life long caring, humble, supportive and understanding partner.

On the long run, marriage is a SCAM.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by EriMma1: 8:35am On Jul 15, 2023
Bluearrow:

Yes it seems cool enjoying now till u get old with no one around, only then u will understand. Nothing anyone will tell u now that will make u understand. Old age for a single woman without a family is a very miserable one.
Tell that to your sisters.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by wumi2017(f): 8:37am On Jul 15, 2023
Hunmmmm .noted
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Iyajelili(f): 8:49am On Jul 15, 2023
AlphaHakimi:

You are trying to sound politically correct so that the ladies on this forum will term you "Mature man or Real Man".

My message is not geared at hating women. It is rather to open your mind to understand the nature of women and how they reason.

You see, the world is a place where the fittest survive. If you are not fit, you wount survive. Fitness in today's world is not by physical strength just like it was in the old. Fitness is your ability to scale through life's problem.

Women are weak. Left to their own strength and reasoning the world would never have developed. So they understand that to live and survive against the predators of life, they have to manipulate the people (men) who hold the real power to do their bidding. Now they know that the male ego is our downfall, so they try to either pet your ego or destroy your ego as the case may be.

Here is how the male ego affects you as a man
-Baby I want you to last in bed for 5hours.
-You are not strong
-You are not a real man or a mature man.
- You are broke

No man wants to last for 5hrs in bed. Infact men just want to climb, cum and dismount. All we want during sex is just that 15secs orgasm.

When a girl says you are not strong, she wants you to do something she is physically incapable of doing.

You are not a real man or mature man means she wants something that is emotionally okay but reasonably not okay. Women work with emotions.

You are broke means that even though she knows she is broke and that she comes from a broke home, she still wants you to spend the money her entire family are incapable of spending.

A man can get married to a woman and for 40years of marriage she was a full time house wife. A woman cannot feed you for a month without grumbling.

Now, the relationship you have with a woman determines how she will treat you.

YOUR MOTHER IS A DIFFERENT PERSON TO YOU AND SHE IS ALSO A DIFFERENT PERSON TO YOUR FATHER. THIS IS WHY SHE TREATS YOU DIFFERENTLY AND TREATS YOUR FATHER DIFFERENTLY.

MY WRITE UP IS FOR THE OTHER WOMEN IN YOUR LIFE APART FROM YOUR MOTHER OR SISTERS. REMEBER, TO YOUR MALE INLAWS, YOUR SISTERS ARE THE SAME THING YOUR WIFE IS TO YOU.

Shalom
No, it is geared at hating women and it is so sad seeing almost all men on this thread blaming women for everything wrong in a marriage whereas there are women genuinely being maltreated, disrespected and trampled on by their husbands.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by AlphaHakimi: 8:55am On Jul 15, 2023
Iyajelili:

No, it is geared at hating women and it is so sad seeing almost all men on this thread blaming women for everything wrong in a marriage whereas there are women genuinely being maltreated, disrespected and trampled on by their husbands.

This is because men don't complain. Women are always the once complaining and taking sides.

If my messages are not sweet to you, that's because I'm telling you the truth. The truth is always bitter.

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY MESSAGES ARE NOT MISOGYNISTIC. BUT IF YOU TAKE IT THAT WAY, THEN ITS FINE.
WHATEVER MAKES YOU SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT.

11 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by na2016: 9:02am On Jul 15, 2023
4) Your in-laws are not your friends. Relate with them with caution.

OP: Could expand on this point please?
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Bluearrow: 9:09am On Jul 15, 2023
smiley
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2023
Zyxsc:
1. For a man, it's just a bills-paying institution. You go pay bills sotey you go forget wetin carry you enter the marriage in the first place

2. Enjoy your bachelorhood Wella before going into it. 40 is not too late for a man to get married.

3. You can't prove you're mentally strong until you're married because na then you go know what it takes to retrain an adult child like your wife. She go do some kain things wey be say, e fit make you go crazy.

4. If you can avoid it, please do. It's not worth it. Once you're married, you'll loose a part of your freedom. You can only regain it at the detriment of your home.

5. Don't go into marriage because of children. They may grow up and not make you happy by going against your wish (of course, they have their own lives to live. You've lived yours). Don't go into marriage because you love your girlfriend. Na this one go clear your eyes pass. Go into marriage because you want a life-long friend. Even at that, it's still a gamble. E fit shock you 10 years down the line.
This is so scary and is true

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Babastrong(m): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2023
That/fu*king/the/breasts/is/sweeter/than/fu*king/the/kpekus/with/condom/when/you/are/avoiding/unplanned/pregnant.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2023
Cholls:
My brother sex is not easy to get
Hahahhahahaha after you have her in your room 24/7
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2023
b3llo:
Se.x will become a duty instead of the fun you enjoy as single.
Chai
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2023
Celepope:
That women are very selfish and self centered. Always looking out for themselves and their family.
100%
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by chccho(m): 9:15am On Jul 15, 2023
Zyxsc:

40 is not to old for a man to marry ke!!! Wetin go remain for him body
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:15am On Jul 15, 2023
olisefom:
It's pure work.

Nogo come with the mind of "settling down".
Please you guys should stop scaring us
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2023
Olarewaju89:

No be lie bro.

I'm one of them.
This is scary what's the solution then?
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:17am On Jul 15, 2023
seanwilliam:
Bills till you die
Haha
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by MN07: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2023
You people complain and whine a lot.
If you want to marry go ahead, if you don't want to fine, you rest.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:22am On Jul 15, 2023
AlphaHakimi:
Marriage is the most critically crafted institution that is designed to control the behaviour of humans and ensure the controlled existence of mankind.

Please note that I used the word "control" in order to truly explain the nature of marriage. This is because, there is nothing you can achieve within Marriage that cannot be achieved outside of marriage for men.
Just name one thing you can achieve within the confines of marriage that you cannot achieve outside marriage.

Animals don't get married but yet they sustain the existence of their species.

Every factor that made you as a man go into marriage will become irrelevant after one year of marriage.

Now if you are saddled with this fact as a man, why don't you make marriage transactional just as women do?.

Don't settle for less. You're a MAN for goodness sake. Don't date or marry any girl who is poor or from a poor background. Any day the marriage stops serving your purpose please LEAVE because your wife will leave you any day you stop serving her purpose. Your children no matter their age will understand once they get older.

This is why women love marriage.
1) If she gets married at 25 years of age, she is sure that all things being equal, you as a man will provide for her until she gets to 55years of age. By that time, she must have had an adult who will continue where you stop.

2) By 55years of age, your children will begin to think that their mother was the ONLY parent that suffered to raise them. They forget all the hardwork, insults and humiliation you had to endure to provide.

3) She secures a guardian, protector, companion, sexual exclusivity etc all to your own detriment.

Finally, don't be decieved about marriage as a man. It is a money-milking institution designed to ensure women survive this harsh world. DONT LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE SURVIVAL OF WOMEN, LIVE FREE AND LIVE WELL.

Shalom
shocked
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by gentlegenius(m): 9:23am On Jul 15, 2023
OBTOREPA:
Thanks, I'm not fully married yet.
Partially married?
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:23am On Jul 15, 2023
JimD:
You both have baggages you are sweeping under the rug. You raise children to tow the same line and drop your own loads of BS on them. Don't marry until you're sure you actually love yourself. You can't actually love someone else. So what you can do is commit or not commit... I wrote something on girls with daddy issues and any guy in relationship should read it.
Where is the writing?
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:24am On Jul 15, 2023
abobote:
You will never know the true colour of a woman while dating.

The period my wife refused to serve me food for one good week, even when I'm the only one providing for the family financial. That's when I knew that some women we call wives are mean
Blood of Zachariah How is that possible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / Bird Escorts Bereaved Man Directly To His Mum's Grave At A Cemetery (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.