Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police (16777 Views)

I Wasn’t Gang Raped; I Agreed To Have Sex With Them, 16-yr-old / ABSU Gang Violation Suspect Has Been Identified – Minister / 8yr Old Girl Beaten By An Hajia And Violated By Two Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by igbogolo: 9:05am On Oct 08, 2011
kurus:

i have seen the tape. The girl kept saying bros i beg now. a guy told her to position herself very well. If you want a copy of d video, i can send it to you since its available online. She WAS violated, you only need to listen to the dialogue to understand that. I think its obvious  she knew maybe one or more of the guys, but she wasn't expecting to sleep with all of them. She was also scared, as she thought they were kidnappers(she said my aunty will give you whatever money you ask for). She was also in shock (did anyone hear her say anything to prove she was enjoying it?)

She wasnt sure they would not kill her (she said you can kill me oo).

Listen to the dialogue please!!!

Pro01, arsenefc and princek12, dudes, you are all wrong on this issue please!! Listen to the dialogue!!! DO you know that in civilised countries, even though a girl comes home with you, strips na-ked, gives you a blo-w job and when she's about to slot your member into the 'promised land',  wink wink, she has the RIGHT to say NO, STOP, DON'T CONTINUE !!! shocked shocked shocked shocked if the guy doesnt stop, he will be prosecuted and found guilty of violation!!!

violation happens once the girl says NO, regardless of when she says it. A wife can jail her husband for violation if he sticks his member in when she says No!

From this legal point of view, its quite obvious she WAS violated. Forget the nigerian police(small caps intentional), they are a bunch of stinking maggots that there co-maggots in hellfire await eagerly on the day of judgement.

As for the police officers who say this aint violation, for sure, what happened to her will happen to ALL their daughters(old and young, married and single), whether they are with 1 person(male or female) or several people. Then they can come and continue this discussion with me(us) personally or online(NL or email).

Abeg guys, don't bring what aint gat nothing to do with you on your heads. A wrong has been done to her. Stop saying what youre saying. its immoral, reprehensible and totall runs foul of all that is called fundamenetal human rights. Shehas the right to go wherever she wants to go, sleep with whoever she wants to and her consent was not given in the video.

Alas! Thank you kurus. You are the only one that makes sense. some people commenting here might not even be igbo not to talk of understanding what she was saying.

I was able to see the beginning of the clip and I can say that the scenario DOES not look like one where consensual sex is being done.  When sleeping with a woman, even if she is drunk, and she says NO, then NO means NO! The dictionary has ONLY one definition of NO and so does 'Kill me'.

Kill me means just that, kill me! I am better off dead than being raped like this. So kill me instead! Thats what she was saying. she wished for death to escape the agony of rape.

For people like prince12 and pro01 whom i have quietly observed in this forum and like to distort straight facts with useless verbiage, when a neighbours corpse is being carried it looks like firewood. evil begets evil and pray that they never become victims themselves.

I am not even surprised that the nigeria police said this thrash, after all they rape women right in the police cell. Nigeria police are animals who deserve no mercy, thats why i have no pity for them when BOKO HARAM decide to take their vengeance to the police stations
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by kokogee: 9:08am On Oct 08, 2011
Where is the girl in question? Has she shown up to police to give a detailed story of what happened? I think the girl is in a better position to identify those guys; but why has she gone into hiding while everybody is jumping up and down abusing one another? Does it mean that no 1 can identify the girl with the video? I think any reasonable person should ask some questions and put emotions away so that energies are not dissipated when the 'victim' is not complaning.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by pendo89(f): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2011
freecocoa:

The Devil like I was made to believe has two ugly horns,is very black in nature and lives in hell fire but being on nairaland has made me realize the truth,he is not in hell but lives in many people especially on NL.

Oh gal you cracked my ribs by that statement grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 08, 2011
If I had to believe all the half-hearted 'NO' I've heard from countless 'willing' females over the years, I'd probably still be a virgin by now. So that a woman said NO and yet you still managed to 'persuade' or 'seduce' her to do (what she probably really wanted anyway) isn't sufficient indication of rape. Just a clarification.

@ Freecocoa, I'm probably as hard-hearted as you think, but maybe not as inconsiderate. You don't have sufficient basis to arrive at any conclusion just yet.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by rygem: 9:17am On Oct 08, 2011
This issue touches one of the fundamental problems in Nigeria - corruption

This issue kicked off with remarkable disclosures involving the Vice Chancellor, The State Governor and the Commissioner of Police. These disclosures cannot easily be retracted. This precedent puts the trio in very bad light. It is possible that the bad image they have created could further create a search toward finding an intentional false solution to the case (such as the one being portrayed above). Another tactics could be to stall the case and sweep it under the carpet since the victim may not be able to come forward not because of her stigma but because of fear of corrupt powers. Finally, the victim can also be bought to silence the matter.

Any right thinking person that watched that video cannot say that the video and all that happened thereafter does not constitute a reasonable degree of violation (even in banana republic)!
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Orikinla(m): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2011
NIGERIA IS COUNTRY POLICED AND RULED BY R-A-P-S-TS IN UNIFORM AND MUFTI POSING AND POSTURING AS A DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT.
NIGERIAN I-D-I-O-T-S.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Pain(m): 9:36am On Oct 08, 2011
While I Sympathize Deeply With The Victim of Violation, I Must Confess That We Nigerians Are So Gullible & Have Been Taken For A Ride By Some Viral Internet Movie That Has Been In Circulation Since Early This Year.

Didn't Anyone Hear The Promise to Drop Her Off?? My Take on Is That The Outcome Was More Than Bargained.

The Crime Was Definitely Carried Out By Members of A Certain Ethnic Group But May Have Happened Anywhere From Alaba to Zungeru, The Video Adopted Several Labels in Its Web Itinerary, How Gullible A Nation Can Be, Heavens!!!!!!!!! A Classic Case of Collective Gullibility.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by donblacky(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2011
Stories lyk dis,makes me wanna kill sm1, God!!if only I could just lay my hands on dis guys,d rest would b history
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by didigor(f): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2011
THE POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by stechi(m): 10:04am On Oct 08, 2011
for crying out loud,where is the video that is attracting all these comments?
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by ibelab(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2011
^^^^ youtube,       This report can`t be true,
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by MeGaStReEt: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2011
May God have mercy on this country, Nigeria
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Orikinla(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2011
God will save us from the mutants among us.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by zill(f): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2011
Hi all! Pls how can i get to see this video. Thanks
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by NIGboi(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2011
violation no matter how it is done is very criminal, that said, if the violators can be found using their voices and legs from the video as soo many people have said here, then it should be easier to find the gal or people who know her, as her face can be seen in the video. btw, i hv not seen d video and don't think i want to.
some people have allegedly been caught (maybe by reason of the video), why is it that finding the identity of the gal is proving sooo difficult??
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by dangerzone: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2011
where can i see the vidoe
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by RuuDie(m): 11:09am On Oct 08, 2011
A question nobody is asking/answering. . . . if the guys on the video thot what they were doing was cool/right/proper, then why attempt to hide their faces!!!?
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by coogar: 11:16am On Oct 08, 2011
it seems nigerians are the most gullible set of people in the world. people are so stressed and they have lost their ability to read or comprehend!

the headline is fraudulent - written to cause mass hysteria by some idiotic journalist.

The Abia State Police command has explained why it suspended investigations into the gang violation that happened in its Abia State University. The state police command said the girl-victim consented to the violation.

An online website monitoring the case yesterday reported that commenting on a DVD tape sent to his CP to expedite investigations into the activities of the criminal gang, J.G. Micloth, the Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of Abia  State Police command Criminal Investigation Department said the lady had consented to the gang crime.

He was quoted as saying that after watching the DVD, he said he did not see the young lady resist the violation.

where is the quote? the article said he was quoted as saying? saying what?
why didn't they put his quotes in the article?

“The command in its usual manner of protecting informants’ identity, assures utmost secrecy in this regard while a handsome reward of N500,000 awaits any one with useful information.”

However, last week  the Assistant Commissioner of Police head said the Police cannot go on with the investigation because ”they cannot tell who the suspects are ‘from the legs’ in the video, amongst 70 million males in Nigeria”.

Mr Micloth who claimed to be heading the Police investigating team said ‘Several visits have been made to ABSU. Police have consulted the VC and checked the University records. Searches have been conducted and still on going in students Lodges'

the above are the only credible points to be taken seriously in the entire article. every other information on it is false or not credible or the wet dreams of a perverted journalist trying to screw with your minds. there's nothing in that article that correlates with it's headline. it's a simple case of poor journalism.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Gbenge77(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2011
What a shame!
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by scorpiogal(f): 11:24am On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by frankdelis(m): 11:52am On Oct 08, 2011
she may not have consented to be violated, but from all indications she knew those boys ( she called some by their names ).

Based on my analysis she obviously offended the boys. it was a kind of payback.

I have also wondered why no one has given any useful information considering how news fly. It is common amongst students to share such with friends, how come, no one has said anything ? How was she taken in and out of the room without anyone noticing?

Isn't it possible to trace the origin of that video tru network service providers?
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by executinal(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
Corruption to the highest order. Do we even have security in that country?? Nigeria is really in mess, GOD help this country.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2011
Personally, i think it was a Bleep gone UGLY!! she consented to the original act but it all changed later on. Gentlemen would have called off the entire process when she started hurting and begging, but we know better; these were not gentle men and it's even worse because they had ulterior motives evident the fact that they documented it. Crazy girls should learn, she must have been promised a handsome pay and got the pummel of her life. I've heard of one guy going with two girls, I've also heard of two guys going with one girl; so it's possible. My Verdict is that it became a VIOLATION at some point, a GANG RAPE in fact.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2011
You guys are so quick to draw conclusions and ridicule the police, the police did not rape that girl please. They watched the video and are doing their best. 97 percent of you have not seen the video yet you are so quick to condemn the police. Shame on you!!! Crimes of perversion are most times consented to by the abused. When it goes ugly, they start crying foul.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2011
Girls never learn, they always stick with the BAG GUYS and ridicule the NICE GUYS for not being adventurous. I hope this opens up their eyes. Where have our morals gone?? Over-westernization!!!
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Costa2000(m): 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2011
This is pure violation,for those that dont understand Igbo the girl asked the gang in Igbo,what wrong did i do to u ppl?,why are u ppl doing this to me?,pls if u want money my aunty will pay u any amount u guys want.Then one of the gang asked her if her aunty can pay up to 1m.when the girl was blocking one of the guys from having his way, one of the guys told her that if she didnt corprate that they will detain her for 2 days.
For those saying why the girl didnt come out uptill now, is not all that easy, who knows if this girl is still alive?,even if she is alive one of the guys called uchenna knows her very well and she knew uchenna but she dont know other guys, there is every possibility that uchenna will warn her not to come out and say anything,we all knows that there is nothin like security in that country.So the victim have to think twice b4 coming out cos her coming out may put her entire family in danger of been kidnapped or even get killed.what do u think that will happen if 1 or 2 of those guys parents are well connected?,Police will tell u that they are looking for the case fill and that will be the end of the case.
Abia state Govt. are saying that it did not happen in Abia,Abia police are saying that it did not happen Abia while Absu are saying that the ra.pist are not there students.I pray that the girl will survive this and live a normal life,for those ra.pist they may run nd hide but they cant hide from God.what u sow is what u are going to reap, they will never know peace.
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by BetaThings: 2:33pm On Oct 08, 2011
frankdelis:

she may not have consented to be violated, but from all indications she knew those boys ( she called some by their names ).

Based on my analysis she obviously offended the boys. it was a kind of payback.

I have also wondered why no one has given any useful information considering how news fly. It is common amongst students to share such with friends, how come, no one has said anything ? How was she taken in and out of the room without anyone noticing?

Isn't it possible to trace the origin of that video tru network service providers?

Is knowing or not knowing a precondition for r-a.pe?
If I force my housegirl (obviously she knows me), is it ra.p.e?
If a shop attendant is having an affair with a boy in a nearby shop, and they use meet in a place not far from her shop, won't she know the guys in the neighbourhood?
If a girl goes to her bf's house and his friends decide to join without prior consent to group act, is it not ra.p.e?
We should approach this matter the way we would if our younger sister were involved

pro01:

If I had to believe all the half-hearted 'NO' I've heard from countless 'willing' females over the years, I'd probably still be a virgin by now. So that a woman said NO and yet you still managed to 'persuade' or 'seduce' her to do (what she probably really wanted anyway) isn't sufficient indication of violation. Just a clarification.

@ Freecocoa, I'm probably as hard-hearted as you think, but maybe not as inconsiderate. You don't have sufficient basis to arrive at any conclusion just yet.

Actually this is the same mindset that sent Mike Tyson to jail
He believed that if a girl he had even been showing sexual interest in at around 2.00am in his car still follows him to his hotel room
Then her objections are half-hearted
But the law says, listen to what the girl says; don't be a soothsayer and read her mind
Mike Tyson learnt the bitter lesson in jail

No means no, even if half-hearted.
Signs, moods, can be confused. No is very clear in a court room!

Let the guys come out and explain what happened if they truly believe they had consent
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Blazing88(f): 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2011
IF THE LAW WILL NOT PUNISH THOSE USELESS PSYCO BOYS. GOD WILL. NO SINNER GOES ON PUNISHED! e.g 10years later one of the r,a,pist is married,having dinner with his wife and 2girls. 15 armedrobbers barge in and they all r/a/p/e/ his daughters. Then he will wish he rot in prison!!! Dats KARMA AND IT COMES BACK STRONG. SO LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT FOR NOW. KARMA IS WAITING!!! N for all these guys supporting d the r/a/p/ist? Its a pity
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by BetaThings: 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2011
Costa2000:

This is pure violation,for those that dont understand Igbo the girl asked the gang in Igbo,what wrong did i do to u ppl?,why are u ppl doing this to me?,pls if u want money my aunty will pay u any amount u guys want.Then one of the gang asked her if her aunty can pay up to 1m.when the girl was blocking one of the guys from having his way, one of the guys told her that if she didnt corprate that they will detain her for 2 days.
For those saying why the girl didnt come out uptill now, is not all that easy, who knows if this girl is still alive?,even if she is alive one of the guys called uchenna knows her very well and she knew uchenna but she dont know other guys,

The people saying she should come out should tell us the number of people coming out in that manner
Policem.en rap.e girls everyday in their stations, how many come out?
Are they giving a guarantee that that is all they require to secure a conviction?
As in everything Nigeria, some are in this for the show and potentially, a hunt
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by 2mch(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2011
Is this real or a joke. Now that they have the names of the boys, cant the senate request that the video is cleared up to match their faces with the ones they have identified? If they have identified them, then they should be able to find the girl. This is very wrong and we all should condemn it, may our daughters never experience such a thing and we are unable to get justice because some big man thinks he is above the law. Dont forget that your situation can change tomorrow, and you can find yourself in the position of a less privileged person. Let us do what is right. Why are the other SE states keeping quiet?
Re: Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police by Soskid(m): 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2011
how can they say she consented to such act. 5 men at a time, the fact that she was begging them to kill her instead of sleeping with her shows she did not consent to it,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate / Nigeria's Cults And Their Role In The Niger Delta Insurgency / Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.