Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,996 members, 7,859,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:59 PM

Atheists And Atheism - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists And Atheism (3643 Views)

Deism And Atheism Are The Different Sides Of The Same Wrong Coin. / The Relationship Between Witchcraft And Atheism. / Witchcraft And Atheism... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:40am On Jul 27, 2023
MayntheeMayn:

How do you know that there is a different world if it is not visible to the naked eye, how did you reach the conclusion?
I've answered your question. I knew by following the laid down rules for exploring it.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by MayntheeMayn: 9:40am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

You've heard it yourself before that there's an invisible world.
Same you said “Stop relying on others for your finds. Talk for yourself.”
Re: Atheists And Atheism by MayntheeMayn: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

I've answered your question. I knew by following the laid down rules for exploring it.
Relying on others i see.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

We already won something much more valuable. Something really tangible and everlasting. Who cares for a perishable prize in Sweden?
Those things only exist in your feeble mind, you cannot substantiate it to me or any other person that don't believe in your fiction
Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
Those things only exist in your feeble mind, you cannot substantiate it to me or any other person that don't believe in your fiction
No, I can make you feel it. You'll be touching a world from another world. You'll need to follow the rules for exploration.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2023
MayntheeMayn:

Relying on others i see.
Read me again please. No one gets there by relying on others. That's what you've done all your life. Not so for me.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

No, I can make you feel it. You'll be touching a world from another world. You'll need to follow the rules for exploration.
Do you think I'm one of those morons you talk to in your sunday school? 😂
Re: Atheists And Atheism by MayntheeMayn: 9:47am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

Read me again please. No one gets there by relying on others. That's what you've done all your life. Not so for me.
Same you said “Stop relying on others for your finds. Talk for yourself.”, same you said “ You've heard it yourself before that there's an invisible world.”
Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:47am On Jul 27, 2023
MayntheeMayn:

Same you said “Stop relying on others for your finds. Talk for yourself.”

Yes, you must first hear before verifying, is that not? Whatever you explore today, you first heard about it, then you go on a verifying exploration.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by MayntheeMayn: 9:48am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

Yes, you must first hear before verifying, is that not? Whatever you explore today, you first heard about it, then you go on a verifying exploration.
How can I verify and explore something that my naked eye can’t see?
An invisible different world.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:48am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
Do you think I'm one of those morons you talk to in your sunday school? 😂
Neither am I one of those morons who share in your delusional ideologies.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:49am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:

As I said, I can substantiate it to you.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 9:50am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

Neither am I one of those morons who share in your delusional ideologies.
I can't also make you feel the flying spaghetti monster. He exist and I know this because you have not dig enough.

I also think that the flying spaghetti monster is the creator of yahweh, the Christian God. I can make you feel this
The evidence for flying spaghetti monster is below

Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:51am On Jul 27, 2023
MayntheeMayn:

How can I verify and explore something that my naked eye can’t see?
By following the rules of its exploration.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 9:52am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

As I said, I can substantiate it to you.
I want substantiate mine to you as well.
Flying spaghetti monster is the real God. If you don't know this, then you have not dig deep enough
Re: Atheists And Atheism by MayntheeMayn: 9:52am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

By following the rules of its exploration.
Whose rules?
The people that made the rules, which rule did they follow to explore?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:53am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
I can't also make you feel the flying spaghetti monster. He exist and I know this because you have not dig enough.

I also think that the flying spaghetti monster is the creator of yahweh, the Christian God. I can make you feel this
The evidence for flying spaghetti monster is below
I'm done with you already. I've passed my message.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:54am On Jul 27, 2023
MayntheeMayn:

Whose rules?
The people that made the rules, which rule did they follow to explore?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 9:55am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

You don't want to accept the flying spaghetti monster as your lord and personal savior?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by MayntheeMayn: 9:55am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

When jesus was alive, what did he call “god” in his language, aramaic.

Start to dig that 😂
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 9:57am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

grin grin
I'm sure you now realize how stupid you were sounding to me
Re: Atheists And Atheism by HisSplendor: 10:01am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
grin grin
I'm sure you now realize how stupid you were sounding to me
You can be stupid only if you're speaking from the air. If you think I'm speaking from the air, then you're drawing conclusions without evidence.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 10:02am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

You can be stupid only if you're speaking from the air. If you think I'm speaking from the air, then you're drawing conclusions without evidence.
I'm also not speaking from the air for flying spaghetti monster
Re: Atheists And Atheism by MayntheeMayn: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch, i want you to know that your concept of “god” is flawed, and also “god” is a title not a person, a deistic god claiming to be a creator is already leaning towards monotheism. Because it’s only in monotheism that a “god” is a creator and has all those weird attributes.

You are thinking of god as a creator outside of his creation just like the owner of apple is outside the Apple products itself.

if a Creator created everything, then everything that was Created is, in essence, the Creator.
if a Creator created everything, then the Creator is also everything that was Created.

The whole universe is the Plenum.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2023
HisSplendor:

Yeah, it's found outside my head in His own world. He has the right to live in His own world. Doesn't He?

Where is that world? How do you reach that world?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
The claim is not baseless, it would be baseless if you know how the singularity that expanded into our current universe got there.
If you do not have answer for this, then the claim is one of the hypotheses that needs to be falsified, especially the deistic claim.

An hypothesis is never baseless until it has been falsified. A deistic concept of god is yet to be falsified unlike what you have in Christianity.

It is is baseless if you are giving attributes to the god. If you are simply saying there could be a god then it would be different. You are giving the god attributes BEFORE you have any evidence.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 10:16am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
nope, theists are like the people who try to describe an alien that they don't know exist.

For me, i dont know if aliens exist or not and I don't believe or believe it. If it does exist, I don't know the nature of it and I even think that we may never know it it exist or not and it doesn't play any significant role in my life. That's scientific.

Agnosticism is of the essence of science, whether ancient or modern. It simply means that a man shall not say he knows or believes/disbelieves that which he has no scientific grounds for professing to know or believe/disbelieve. It is why atheism is not scientific

You didn't answer the question: how does your description of who an atheist is not apply to me?

Where have I said I disbelieve? You're just making unfounded assumptions, that is what is not scientific.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

You didn't answer the question: how does your description of who an atheist is not apply to me?

Where have I said I disbelieve? You're just making unfounded assumptions, that is what is not scientific.
Because you asserted that a god might exist so you do not outrightly disbelieve it.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

It is is baseless if you are giving attributes to the god. If you are simply saying there could be a god then it would be different. You are giving the god attributes BEFORE you have any evidence.
Where did i give god attributes?
Deist say that their God does not intervene, it's an attribute. You will easily verify this if you can find how everything started but we cannot. We are incapable of doing that, at least for now
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
Because you asserted that a god might exist so you do not outrightly disbelieve it.

Where in your description does it mention disbelief?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
Deist say that their God does not intervene, it's an attribute. You will easily verify this if you can find how everything started but we cannot. We are incapable of doing that, at least for now

Yes that is an attribute you are giving the god BEFORE you have evidence, so it is indeed baseless.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists And Atheism by MayntheeMayn: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
They already said the deist god is the creator, is that not an attribute?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dr. David Sheds Some Light. . . Golgotha And Divinity. . . / Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. / At Convention, RCCG Announces 20 New Provinces, Ordains 10,720 Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.