Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,018 members, 7,859,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

Atheists And Atheism - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists And Atheism (3648 Views)

Deism And Atheism Are The Different Sides Of The Same Wrong Coin. / The Relationship Between Witchcraft And Atheism. / Witchcraft And Atheism... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 12:48am On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
yes, you can't. On what ground would you do that?

Lemme ask you the reverse. On what ground should I believe in aliens or a god?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Aemmyjah(m): 4:13am On Jul 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Do you have problems with logic? Lemme repeat. Did Jobs have any covenant with his iPhones? Did he create any of them in hos image? You guys allege Yahweh created us in his image, didn't you? Or you have forgotten? So how can you compare humans who are created in the makers image to a non living phone?
2. How is evolution scientific mythology? You well so? And who told you humans and animals have stopped evolving? Arent you aware humans are changing? The way we are now isn't the way we were thousands of years ago. Even some organs in the body we have are now vestiges cos of evolution. Example appendix and cocxyx(tail bone)
I really need to know the school you graduated from. It's an emergency! And you said they made you a biologist? Wtf! shocked
3. Lol. Which critics say JW are too united? All I have to do is search ex-JWs on Google and I'll have all the gory details of the stuff yall do. But of course, you'll say they're all lies. So its no use to bestials like you
Stealing is a human survival trait. If I leave you hungry for 3 days and I keep a loaf of bread beside you, would you leave it alone? Grow a lil brain, amigo!

1. You said if God exists, he must reveal himself to you (as if it is everything that exists we can see). In same analysis, reveal who made your phone... By the way, what has a phonemaker got to do with making a phone in it's image... Maxindhouse, come and heal this guy grin grin grin

2. Has evolution passed the scientific approach? Yes or No... Science says life cannot emerge from inorganic matter, evolution says otherwise. Science says parents give birth to like offspring, evolution says otherwise... Evolution seems to break everything cheesy cheesy cheesy

3. Mo foo... The best way to know about an organization or person is by asking those who are opposers with such a person right? If you want to marry a girl, is it logical for her to meet your former friends knowing they hate you and openly say all kinds of negative things about you?

I award you the Vicar of Unreasonability City
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Image123(m): 5:17am On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz, because of your wife na, why else?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 6:56am On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

on what ground should you not believe it either?
You should be somewhere in the middle
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
on what ground should you not believe it either?
You should be somewhere in the middle

What is the middle?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

What is the middle?
never base your conclusions on believes or disbelieve. Always base it on evidence by knowledge, when evidence is not available, remain skeptical and neutral.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:09am On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
never based your conclusions on believes or disbelieve. Always base it on evidence by knowledge, when evidence is not available, remain skeptical and neutral.

In other words you're suggesting Agnosticm.
Well it's somehow reasonable than atheism! smiley
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 10:20am On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
never base your conclusions on believes or disbelieve. Always base it on evidence by knowledge, when evidence is not available, remain skeptical and neutral.

And how is this different from what I have said?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Maynman: 10:30am On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
Atheists don’t believe in gods, they don’t “disbelieve” gods.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

And how is this different from what I have said?
What do you think is the difference between atheism and agnosticism?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2023
Aemmyjah:

1. You said if God exists, he must reveal himself to you (as if it is everything that exists we can see). In same analysis, reveal who made your phone... By the way, what has a phonemaker got to do with making a phone in it's image... Maxindhouse, come and heal this guy grin grin grin

2. Has evolution passed the scientific approach? Yes or No... Science says life cannot emerge from inorganic matter, evolution says otherwise. Science says parents give birth to like offspring, evolution says otherwise... Evolution seems to break everything cheesy cheesy cheesy

3. Mo foo... The best way to know about an organization or person is by asking those who are opposers with such a person right? If you want to marry a girl, is it logical for her to meet your former friends knowing they hate you and openly say all kinds of negative things about you?

I award you the Vicar of Unreasonability City
He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" He asked, "Who are you, Lord?" The reply came, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting" (Acts 9:4-6).

The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent (Exodus 33:11).

There beside him stood the LORD and said: "I am the LORD, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying" (Genesis 28:13).

That night the LORD appeared to him [Isaac] and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham" (Genesis 26:24).

Above verses are few of the many verses Yahweh revealed himself (and talked) to mankind.
Do phone makers reveal themselves to their phones or devices? Hell no. So how does this analogy of phone and maker fit in?
I know who made my phone. I don't understand how that fits into this discourse.
And yes, your buybull said Yahweh made humans in his image. Or was that part not in your Child Molester Buybull version?

2. I don't even understand what you mean by Has evolution passed the scientific approach Maybe you can rephrase.
Please where did science say life cannot emerge from inorganic matter? Evolution doesn't say anything about life origination. It only talks about how organisms change over time. Please read it up. Are you sure you're a biologist? This is basic(high school) biology we're into now.
Wtf are you smoking? Evolution is part and parcel of science. There's no branch of science that doesn't quote evolution. Genetics, embryology, archeology, paleontology, biology etc.
Can someone here please educate this 'biologist' on evolution please.
I have given you a screenshot on the definition of evolution. Mr 'Biologist',you can take a few seconds from your Kingdom Hall meetings and read up.
It is interesting a physician is teaching a 'biologist' what evolution actually is.
3. If i wanna know about an organization, I take opinions from both sides and decide the truth, armed with logical reasoning. From what I deduce, there's a lot of issues and wrongdoings going on in JW. There is actually a reduction in your funding and Kingdom hall visits

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
What do you think is the difference between atheism and agnosticism?

Someone already pointed this out before IRC.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Image123(m): 11:34am On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

Comedy no dey finish for ignorant people mouth.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Maynman: 11:37am On Jul 28, 2023
Image123:

Comedy no dey finish for ignorant people mouth.
You are right, that’s why Church LITERALLY means Circus.
https://lisaannhardy.com/2016/06/01/circus-or-church/

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Maynman: 11:40am On Jul 28, 2023
Image123:

Comedy no dey finish for Church
Let’s Laugh 😂😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiJGPRHkjgI
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 11:43am On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

your opinion is that I'm lying that I'm a pure agnostics?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
your opinion is that I'm lying that I'm a pure agnostics?

You asked for my opinion and I gave it. I am not calling you anything, you are free to use any label you choose as I am. I am only telling you the label I use for myself.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

You asked for my opinion and I gave it. I am not calling you anything, you are free to use any label you choose as I am. I am only telling you the label I use for myself.
So no one can truly be an agnostic because your picture says so?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
So no one can truly be an agnostic because your picture says so?

Oga call yourself anything you want that's your business. You asked for my opinion and I have given it. Did I ask you to change the label you use for yourself?

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

Oga call yourself anything you want that's your business. You asked for my opinion and I have given it. Did I ask you to change the label you use for yourself?
Lol, LordReed. You just don't want to accept that we don't know if a god exist or not hence we should stop disbelieving it or believing it.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Maynman: 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
Lol, LordReed. You just don't want to accept that we don't know if a god exist or not hence we should stop disbelieving it or believing it.
You don’t know what “god” means, start from there 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Image123(m): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

Tell him the truth, a sinner is a sinner no matter the name you call yourself.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Image123(m): 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:

He's a man deeply frustrated by people's prayers. Don't blame him much.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Maynman: 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
Thor and sango is a god not a man.
So why are you not listening to your advice?

Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:

You are reading something that clearly tells you what I think but you choose to misrepresent for whatever reason, tells me my conversation with you is over.

Lemme add for clarity: I told you I am am an agnostic atheist. I show you a clear description of what an agnostic atheist is but you still say "You just don't want to accept that we don't know if a god exist or not hence we should stop disbelieving it or believing it.". What clearer way would it be put to you that I do not claim to believe or know if a god exists.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
Workch:
Lemme wade into this discourse. Since you don't know whether a 'god' exists, how do you know the definition and attributes of a 'god'?

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Maynman: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lemme wade into this discourse. Since you don't know whether a 'god' exists, how do you know the definition and attributes of a 'god'?
Chai, if i was a theist i would have said, Almighty God bless you.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
Image123:

He's a man deeply frustrated by people's prayers. Don't blame him much.
This discourse isn't for simpletons. If you don't have the mental capacity to engage, why don't you watch that beautiful paint on your fence dry instead of meddling irritably? Notice your brethren like MadMax, Vdestroy (aka Dtruthspeaker) and EnemyJah have melted away.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

I don't know the definition or attribute of God.
One only attribute I think a god should have is someone that is capable of creating us.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

As an addendum…
Why don't you use the word kjrls or ajrrfve instead of 'god'?
If the said 'god' appeared to you to prove itself/herself/himself/Bleep-self etc, how would you recognize it and process the fact that its a 'god'. Or would it say "Hey, Workch here I am, I'm god" before you now become a theist?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
LordReed:

You are reading something that clearly tells you what I think but you choose to misrepresent for whatever reason, tells me my conversation with you is over.

Lemme add for clarity: I told you I am am an agnostic atheist. I show you a clear description of what an agnostic atheist is but you still say "You just don't want to accept that we don't know if a god exist or not hence we should stop disbelieving it or believing it.". What clearer way would it be put to you that I do not claim to believe or know if a god exists.
Does an agnostic atheist disbelieve the existence of a god?
Make it clear enough
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
jaephoenix:

As an addendum…
Why don't you use the word kjrls or ajrrfve instead of 'god'?
If the said 'god' appeared to you to prove itself/herself/himself/Bleep-self etc, how would you recognize it and process the fact that its a 'god'. Or would it say "Hey, Workch here I am, I'm god" before you now become a theist?
irrespective of what you use to arrive at a god, it's something that is capable of creating what we see today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Jesoul Can A Brother Get Frontpage With This Here Important News / What Is Wrong With The Soft Copy Bible? / What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.