Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,038 members, 7,859,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:35 PM

Atheists And Atheism - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists And Atheism (3652 Views)

Deism And Atheism Are The Different Sides Of The Same Wrong Coin. / The Relationship Between Witchcraft And Atheism. / Witchcraft And Atheism... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
IconicR:
I don't take any atheist seriously, anything you do in secrecy is not worth doing. Atheism is mostly an online thing, most of them have a special sit in their respective churches. Even your Nairaland owner is Adeboye pikin. Be deceiving yourselves.
Nice one. Why don't you go up North, say Borno, and proclaim you're a Christian, just like your fellow Chrissie Deborah did. Lets see how that turns out for you.
You expect atheists to be open about their belief? In my atheist infancy, I was open about it. Then I lost a girlfriend and now my family ostracized me(except when they need money for a project. Lol). My wife even told me my dead father would be rolling in his grave and I should have been killed. My own wife. And no we weren't quarreling when she said it. My previous hospital said it clearly they won't employ atheists and said they would prosecute any atheist found employed for lying on their CV. I get bad vibes from people just by telling them I don't believe their gods.
So its no use arguing with you theists about displaying my belief. I have received death threats on this forum. And I am sure those guys would carry them out if they know me. I used to have my own pic on my profile but after some threats from DTruthSpeaker and some other Christians, I used an NFT. So much for peaceful and loving christians

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Aemmyjah(m): 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
jaephoenix:

I know you have problems with logic, but lemme give it a go.
1. Have you heard of the phrase, "He who alleges must provide proof". It simply means, if you think there is a god, kindly show us evidence . I'm sure you have seen numerous posts on Nairaland from atheists requesting for just one proof of your god. Have you provided any? Hell no.
2. What if I tell you I flew to work today, would you believe me without demanding proof? Hell no.
You believed that there are talking snakes and donkey without evidence, but you'll demand proof from me that I flew to work with wings.
Scientific theories exist for a reason: ours a basis for concrete experiments and thus a conclusion. Many of them remain theories because they can't be fully proven.
But you, that called yourself a biologist believed all the fuckery in the Bible without a shred of proof or evidence. Yet you demand scientists prove their case.
Also many of the theories like evolution has been proven time and time again but someone that still calls himself a biologist can't see it. Are you even sure you graduated? I have shown you several evidence of evolution from genetic, to physiological to anatomical etc. Yet you still kept asking these questions. Which school did you even graduate from?
3. So lack of religion is also a religion? Wtf. So what channel am I watching if there's nothing showing on my tv screen? Have you seen an atheist Holy book like Bible, Quoran etc? Do atheists have congregation leaders? Do atheists have a Supreme Being like Allah, Yahweh etc? So what qualifies it as a religion? Are you theists always this daft in person?
4. Please how many atheists have made destructive weapons? I need names, not what your daft Kingdom hall pastor told you

1. Go and ask the person that designed your phone to show himself na... See this mugu... Something has to reveal himself to you before you can see? Retarded thinking... A blind man is asking to see the sun to believe it exists

2. Well, snakes and donkeys recorded to have spoken did not do so of their own freewill... A super human caused that... But you want me to believe that breasts evilved from the sweat glands of lower animals? That Hippo (an herbivore) evolved from a whale (a carnivore) and that your nose evilved from the tip of a reptile snout? De play

3. Atheists are not united... They are selfish in thinking and everything. The only thing that they have in common is selfish belief that there is no Creator to feel accountable to... Shame on you, is it all religion that are organized and have books and claim worship in a supreme being... Go and dust your brain sir

4. It is pastors that made them then... Atheists is sometimes used as a general term for me in some instances to mean those who have no fear of God and that will include religious people... Atheists kill atheists, Muslim kill Muslim, protestant kill protestant... Are of you are atheists in character
Re: Atheists And Atheism by KnownUnknown: 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
Lol.

Meanwhile the Almighty Leprechaun already killed the gods and is currently busy creating goddesses for the upcoming matriarchal epoch of human existence.

This is a revelation given to me by The Dual One.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by KnownUnknown: 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:

Deist say that their God does not intervene, it's an attribute.

Did they decide the reason their imaginary friend does not intervene?
Is it laziness or indifference?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Did they decide the reason their imaginary friend does not intervene?
Is it laziness or indifference?
I don't know but they say he doesn't, which is not wrong m, because we have evidence of nothing intervening.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

Then there is a basis for making the claim.

That is not what baseless means.
is the existence of aliens and warmholes baseless then. Because such concept is not based on fact.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
is the existence of aliens and warmholes baseless then. Because such concept is not based on fact.

The claim aliens may exist is based on facts.

1. The are many billions of planets.

2. Some of those planets are capable of supporting life.

3. There is no reason to think life and evolution are singular events.

Therefore it is reasonable to speculate about there being aliens.

Wormholes are a prediction from theoretical physics, same way blackholes were also predicted.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
jaephoenix:

Nice one. Why don't you go up North, say Borno, and proclaim you're a Christian, just like your fellow Chrissie Deborah did. Lets see how that turns out for you.
You expect atheists to be open about their belief? In my atheist infancy, I was open about it. Then I lost a girlfriend and now my family ostracized me(except when they need money for a project. Lol). My wife even told me my dead father would be rolling in his grave and I should have been killed. My own wife. And no we weren't quarreling when she said it. My previous hospital said it clearly they won't employ atheists and said they would prosecute any atheist found employed for lying on their CV. I get bad vibes from people just by telling them I don't believe their gods.
So its no use arguing with you theists about displaying my belief. I have received death threats on this forum. And I am sure those guys would carry them out if they know me. I used to have my own pic on my profile but after some threats from DTruthSpeaker and some other Christians, I used an NFT. So much for peaceful and loving christians

Just imagine and he wants us to publicly declare our lack of belief in any god.

Meanwhile, they who openly believe in an almighty god would barely take any risk to proclaim their all powerful god to violent extremists.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by KnownUnknown: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
I don't know but they say he doesn't, which is not wrong m, because we have evidence of nothing intervening.

Have they decided if he has a scrotum? I mean they refer to a male when it could be a female. Does he have a belly button?

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

the claim God may exist is also based on equal fact. You don't utterly reject aliens because of lack of evidence

we don't know anything about before big bang

we don't even know everything about what happened after big bang, not to talk of a before big bang.

I don't think life and evolution are singular events. No one except creationists think that.

Wormholes are a prediction from theoretical physics, same way blackholes were also predicted.
therefore is also reasonable to speculate about the existence of a creator because we don't know how everything started.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Have they decided if he has a scrotum? I mean they refer to a male when it could be a female. Does he have a belly button?
It will be easy to disprove if they actually gave a characteristic to test.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
the claim God may exist is also based on equal fact. You don't utterly reject aliens because of lack of evidence

we don't know anything about before big bang

we don't even know everything about what happened after big bang, not to talk of a before big bang.

I don't think life and evolution are singular events. No one unless creationists think that.

therefore is also reasonable to speculate about the existence of a creator because we don't know how everything started.

That is an unfounded leap. You cannot go from I don't know how this happened to here is the explanation without any actual explanation.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

That is an unfounded leap. You cannot go from I don't know how this happened to here is the explanation without any actual explanation.
you don't know of aliens exist or not and you don't know if God exist or not bro.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Maynman: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
you don't know of aliens exist or not and you don't know if God exist or not bro.
Some people “god” is a stone, does it not exist?
😂😂

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
jaephoenix:

Please how many atheists have made destructive weapons?
Whoever is producing destructive weapons today after Jesus of Nazareth has intelligently explained how we can make peace reign without the use of weapons to gain God's approval is an atheist! wink
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:

Did I say otherwise?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

Did I say otherwise?
So you cannot conclude that you don't believe in aliens and God
Re: Atheists And Atheism by LordReed(m): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:

Huh?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Maynman: 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
Workch:
😂
Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2023
Aemmyjah:

1. Go and ask the person that designed your phone to show himself na... See this mugu... Something has to reveal himself to you before you can see? Retarded thinking... A blind man is asking to see the sun to believe it exists

2. Well, snakes and donkeys recorded to have spoken did not do so of their own freewill... A super human caused that... But you want me to believe that breasts evilved from the sweat glands of lower animals? That Hippo (an herbivore) evolved from a whale (a carnivore) and that your nose evilved from the tip of a reptile snout? De play

3. Atheists are not united... They are selfish in thinking and everything. The only thing that they have in common is selfish belief that there is no Creator to feel accountable to... Shame on you, is it all religion that are organized and have books and claim worship in a supreme being... Go and dust your brain sir

4. It is pastors that made them then... Atheists is sometimes used as a general term for me in some instances to mean those who have no fear of God and that will include religious people... Atheists kill atheists, Muslim kill Muslim, protestant kill protestant... Are of you are atheists in character
1. Lol. This guy is comparing humans to a phone. A living breathing organism to an inanimate object. An organism supposedly made in an image of a higher being, who said he'll reveal himself to those beings but has suddenly decided to go hide-and-seek. Did the phone company/maker make any covenant with the phone? was the phone made in the image of its designer? Is the iPhone the image of Jobs? Did the designer eg Jobs die to save the phone?
2. Lol. See, you theists are wonderful. So you believe a snake and donkey can be made to talk by a higher being which you don't have any evidence to prove that such events ever happened, and you don't even have evidence that such higher being existed. But you doubt that breasts evolved from apocrine glands which can be proven scientifically both histologically and embryologically? Apocrine glands gave rise to sweat glands By the way, breasts didn’t evolve from sweat glands. Hippos and whales have a common ancestor known as anthracotheres, which was a land animal. They have been anthropologically and genetically proven to be linked. https://evolution.berkeley.edu/what-are-evograms/the-evolution-of-whales/#:~:text=Hippos%20likely%20evolved%20from%20a,Pakicetus%2C%20were%20typical%20land%20animals.
You need a refund for your school fees. Whichever school that taught you biology and deemed you knowledgeable enough to award you a degree, owes you an apology.
3. Our unity is not the topic of the discussion. Besides there is Atheists Alliance but I'm not interested in joining up. I'm good the way I am. Is there unity in JW? Hell no. Did I bring it into this convo? Nope
And I don't know how the word 'selfish' crept into this convo. Every human has a selfish streak. Its our will to survive. About accountability, please are you accountable to Thor? Or Huitzilopochtli? Or Quetzalcoatl? Don't you think you're selfish for not being accountable to them? grin
And yes, all religion have books or tenets that join them. Some may not have gods or Supreme Beings but they have Holy books.
4. Ok. Lol. So atheists mean another thing to you, right? So you pull out definitions from your ass anytime you like? Lol
Ok. Anyway, I don't have time to chit-chat with bestials. Bestials (to me) are those that are scientifically ignorant. I feel its only basal animals that have poor grasp of science. And that includes you, bestial

2 Likes

Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2023
KnownUnknown:
Lol.

Meanwhile the Almighty Leprechaun already killed the gods and is currently busy creating goddesses for the upcoming matriarchal epoch of human existence.

This is a revelation given to me by The Dual One.
Bless you brother. I happen to receive the same revelation. We're linked in the Spirit, probably tequila

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by KnownUnknown: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bless you brother. I happen to receive the same revelation. We're linked in the Spirit, probably tequila

Haaaa, I think it’s old St. Jameson the pious Irish.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

Just imagine and he wants us to publicly declare our lack of belief in any god.

Meanwhile, they who openly believe in an almighty god would barely take any risk to proclaim their all powerful god to violent extremists.
That particular user IconicR is not a smart person. I have been reading her posts. Logical reasoning is a handicap for her(like most Nigerians).
If she is so proud of her religion, she can go to Borno and explain to the youths there why Yeshua is better than Allah. Or better still, Afghanistan. We can contribute flight tickets for her to go there and spread the word and show the world how great her god is. Why is she hiding here in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Whoever is producing destructive weapons today after Jesus of Nazareth has intelligently explained how we can make peace reign without the use of weapons to gain God's approval is an atheist! wink
Whoever has a poor grasp of basic scientific concept is a bestial
Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2023
KnownUnknown:

Haaaa, I think it’s old St. Jameson the pious Irish.
Mmmmm. Sounds interesting. I'll have to upgrade my revelational sources. Watching the outpouring of that spirit is inspirational
Re: Atheists And Atheism by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2023
jaephoenix:

Whoever has a poor grasp of basic scientific concept is a bestial

OK nah! cheesy
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Image123(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

Huh?

cheesy cheesy confused lots.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Image123(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

grin full blown comedy right here.
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Aemmyjah(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Lol. This guy is comparing humans to a phone. A living breathing organism to an inanimate object. An organism supposedly made in an image of a higher being, who said he'll reveal himself to those beings but has suddenly decided to go hide-and-seek. Did the phone company/maker make any covenant with the phone? was the phone made in the image of its designer? Is the iPhone the image of Jobs? Did the designer eg Jobs die to save the phone?
2. Lol. See, you theists are wonderful. So you believe a snake and donkey can be made to talk by a higher being which you don't have any evidence to prove that such events ever happened, and you don't even have evidence that such higher being existed. But you doubt that breasts evolved from apocrine glands which can be proven scientifically both histologically and embryologically? Apocrine glands gave rise to sweat glands By the way, breasts didn’t evolve from sweat glands. Hippos and whales have a common ancestor known as anthracotheres, which was a land animal. They have been anthropologically and genetically proven to be linked. https://evolution.berkeley.edu/what-are-evograms/the-evolution-of-whales/#:~:text=Hippos%20likely%20evolved%20from%20a,Pakicetus%2C%20were%20typical%20land%20animals.
You need a refund for your school fees. Whichever school that taught you biology and deemed you knowledgeable enough to award you a degree, owes you an apology.
3. Our unity is not the topic of the discussion. Besides there is Atheists Alliance but I'm not interested in joining up. I'm good the way I am. Is there unity in JW? Hell no. Did I bring it into this convo? Nope
And I don't know how the word 'selfish' crept into this convo. Every human has a selfish streak. Its our will to survive. About accountability, please are you accountable to Thor? Or Huitzilopochtli? Or Quetzalcoatl? Don't you think you're selfish for not being accountable to them? grin
And yes, all religion have books or tenets that join them. Some may not have gods or Supreme Beings but they have Holy books.
4. Ok. Lol. So atheists mean another thing to you, right? So you pull out definitions from your ass anytime you like? Lol
Ok. Anyway, I don't have time to chit-chat with bestials. Bestials (to me) are those that are scientifically ignorant. I feel its only basal animals that have poor grasp of science. And that includes you, bestial

1. How does your silly illustration match anything? If your phone maker exist, let him reveal himself na... See how stupidity reveal itself

2. Common ancestors indeed... Scientific mythology... Everything stopped evolving to having a common ancestor...

3. Is there unity in JW? Even critics say we're too united and say such unity is a result of being indoctrinated. Keep blowing lies from your black head... If someone comes to rob you now and say it is part of his will to survive, you'll be fulfilled right?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by jaephoenix(m): 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2023
Aemmyjah:

1. How does your silly illustration match anything? If your phone maker exist, let him reveal himself na... See how stupidity reveal itself

2. Common ancestors indeed... Scientific mythology... Everything stopped evolving to having a common ancestor...

3. Is there unity in JW? Even critics say we're too united and say such unity is a result of being indoctrinated. Keep blowing lies from your black head... If someone comes to rob you now and say it is part of his will to survive, you'll be fulfilled right?
1. Do you have problems with logic? Lemme repeat. Did Jobs have any covenant with his iPhones? Did he create any of them in hos image? You guys allege Yahweh created us in his image, didn't you? Or you have forgotten? So how can you compare humans who are created in the makers image to a non living phone?
2. How is evolution scientific mythology? You well so? And who told you humans and animals have stopped evolving? Arent you aware humans are changing? The way we are now isn't the way we were thousands of years ago. Even some organs in the body we have are now vestiges cos of evolution. Example appendix and cocxyx(tail bone)
I really need to know the school you graduated from. It's an emergency! And you said they made you a biologist? Wtf! shocked
3. Lol. Which critics say JW are too united? All I have to do is search ex-JWs on Google and I'll have all the gory details of the stuff yall do. But of course, you'll say they're all lies. So its no use to bestials like you
Stealing is a human survival trait. If I leave you hungry for 3 days and I keep a loaf of bread beside you, would you leave it alone? Grow a lil brain, amigo!
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Workch: 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

Huh?
yes, you can't. On what ground would you do that?
Re: Atheists And Atheism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
LordReed:

All these discoveries will negate religion though. But this is not a conversation many want to have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Prayer Book For Back To Sender To Your Enemy. / Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. / Where Do The Soul Of Children And Mad People Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.