Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,199 members, 7,853,086 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Whats Love Got To Do With It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats Love Got To Do With It? (877 Views)

These Have Got To Be The Most Epic Ways Of Announcing Your Engagement (PICS) / You got to be kidding me! / The First Response U Got To *i Love You* Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Love Got To Do With It? by lilkech(m): 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2011
LOVE IS DIVINE, LOVE IS BLIND, LOVE FORGIVES ALL TRANSGRESSIONS, LOVE IS PURE etc. we all have heard our own share of what true love should feel like.

You all know the Titanic right? I bet it was a smash hit. Well, there are some very specific few out there who believe that the film was concluded in a 'somehow' manner. Ok, let me remind you of Romeo and Juliet, Aha! that was a splendid hit also but i want us to take a poll on NL. YOU CAN NEVER LIKE TWO SEPARATE FILMS/BOOKS TO THE EXACT SAME EXTENT so my questions are these:

WHICH ONE OF THE TWO FILMS DO YOU LIKE MORE (WITH A REASON)

IF YOU WERE 'JACK' IN THE TITANIC WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE AT THE END OF THE FILM WHEN YOU AND YOUR BABE WERE FLOATING IN THE ICE COLD WATER KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT DEATH WAS IMMINENT FOR ONLY YOU.

IF YOU WERE 'ROSE' IN THE TITANIC WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE AT THE END OF THE FILM WHEN YOU AND YOUR BLOKE WERE FLOATING IN THE ICE COLD WATER KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT DEATH WAS IMMINENT FOR ONLY YOUR BLOKE AND NOT YOU.

well left for me oh , if i was JACK, i will tell rose to also prove her love to me by getting into the water beside me and let us float away to dept 6 together . but if i were to be ROSE i would have told jack to climb up on the wood and allow me to stay in the water just to prove my own special love for him. i might sound biased but hey, that the final chance they had to prove their love. and as for me, MY OWN LOVE DEY SEE ROAD CLEAR.

What about you?
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by bekay911(f): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2011
love is just a second hand emotion undecided undecided period
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by lilkech(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
if 'love' is a second hand emotion then kindly give me an example of a 'tear rubber' emotion. Also what would your own actions have been in the situations above?
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by MMM2(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2011
what is love angry
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by iice(f): 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
Don't remember the whole of those movies since i watched them only once and wouldn't even bother a repeat as i don't like romantic movies grin
However there are exceptions. . .like the notebook, which is kinda intense.  And i like many movies the same.  Comes with watching too much movies and tv. 
So really can't pick out of those two.  Again with the prove this, prove that. . .so caught up in definitions without experiencing the moment.  BTW in the 1900s upto the 60s, it was called chivalry.  It's the role of a gentleman to bear the harsher course.  The woman is the delicate flower rolls eyes, so it's logical that he remained in the water and she did not.

Jumping into the water for Johnny wouldn't be hard considering i sat through Sweeney Todd without blowing my head off grin
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2011
iice:

Don't remember the whole of those movies since i watched them only once and wouldn't even bother a repeat as i don't like romantic movies grin
However there are exceptions. . .like the notebook, which is kinda intense.  And i like many movies the same.  Comes with watching too much movies and tv. 
So really can't pick out of those two.  Again with the prove this, prove that. . .so caught up in definitions without experiencing the moment.  BTW in the 1900s upto the 60s, it was called chivalry.  It's the role of a gentleman to bear the harsher course.  The woman is the delicate flower rolls eyes, so it's logical that he remained in the water and she did not.

Jumping into the water for Johnny wouldn't be hard considering i sat through Sweeney Todd without blowing my head off grin

Chooooiii! grin grin grin Odikwa serious o! grin grin This thread must have touched you o, iice! For iice to write more than 10 lines, on a thread, is a rarity! O ya mi lenu o!!! grin grin grin iice iice! I hail o! grin grin grin

I mean, 10 lines? shocked shocked grin
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by lilkech(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2011
@iice: so you have brought the issue of CHIVALRY into the equation eh, Very clever of you. But what of the 'LADY'S FIRST SYNDROME'? does it not also imply that the guy should allow the lady in into the water and DIE first?
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by Orton10(m): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
Poster is a even a 'he'. undecided
And i bet he giggled, smiled and clutched hands between his thighs while watching those too. Oh!
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by lilkech(m): 10:56pm On Oct 09, 2011
GIGGLED- yes , SMILED- well well , "CLUTCHED HANDS BETWEEN HIS THIGHS" !!! - guy stop it at once. is that the posture you assume while viewing romance movies? i dont roll like that okay. geez :-/
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by Orton10(m): 11:15pm On Oct 09, 2011
Yeah watever.
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by claremont(m): 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
Interesting!
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by freecocoa(f): 12:11am On Oct 10, 2011
If I were jack,I would let the both of us stay atop the plank(if e sink fine)after all if rose had left in that boat when she ought to,we both would have survived it,so its partially her fault.
If I were rose the only way to prove my love would be to not marry again.
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by iice(f): 4:51am On Oct 10, 2011
lilkech:

@iice: so you have brought the issue of CHIVALRY into the equation eh, Very clever of you. But what of the 'LADY'S FIRST SYNDROME'? does it not also imply that the guy should allow the lady in into the water and DIE first?

You obviously don't understand what the lady's first statement mean. It's slightly related to chivalry. A gentleman pulls out a seat for a lady before he sits down. Ladies first. He opens the door for her to walk through first. Ladies first. It's courtesy measure. It's not a man can do, woman can do better. That is different from ladies first. I feel like i'm a high school teacher undecided

Basically as i have said over and over and over in this section. Love is just a word, subject to interpretation of humans. If it is flawed, it is only because humans are flawed.

Orton1_0:

Poster is a even a 'he'. undecided
And i bet he giggled, smiled and clutched hands between his thighs while watching those too. Oh!
loool
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by lilkech(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2011
@iice: ìyà lecturer , when you have finished dancing round and round like a bee trying to show its hive members where food is , you should then 'return back to earth' and scrutinize the subject post of this thread then answer accordingly. WHICH OF THE TWO FILMS DO YOU PREFER AND IF YOU WERE EITHER JACK OR ROSE WHAT WOULD YOUR ACTIONS HAVE BEEN. and dont tell me you do not remember the films , that will be a blatant lie. Left for me i prefer the romeo and juliet because the two love birds died. It is very painful to lose a loved one especially when that person loves you back. We should kuku die together and go where we will act the part two of our sweet love.
Re: Whats Love Got To Do With It? by iice(f): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2011
What? I stepped on your pinkie? grin grin
Read my first post. I already answered the question. I said, i don't remember the 'whole' of the movie, not that i don't remember the movie. What's with Naijans and reading comprehension? I don't need to 'blatantly' lie. That's a job for the masses. First it's jack, now it's romeo.

iice:

In case you didn't understand. . .it means, if i was Rose, i would jump into the water.

(1) (Reply)

Dis Na Temptation. . . / Forge Ahead Or Cancel D Wedding? / If You Cannot Forgive, You Cannot Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.