Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? (20656 Views)

Go Back To Your Ex Or Remain Single Forever? / A Man Who Loves You Will Never Watch You Use Android Phone” – Lady Says / MEN!! This Happens When You Let A Woman Have Some Power Over You!! [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Myer(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
Animegirl:
"I'd like your opinion on this: Is it okay to block your exes on every online platform, or is it better to let them watch how we succeed and overcome the pains that come with heartbreak?"

It depends on their level of maturity and how the relationship ended.

If it didn't end well and you still care about them, if you're succeeding it's probably better to block them for their sanity. Cos there are 3 possible outcimes;

1. They might be motivated out of anger or love to themselves succeed.
2. They might not be able to handle your success and just like Acrimony make crazy decision or get depressed.
3. They might be unbothered.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by hardon1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
Carcholce:
“Let them watch you succeed” as if they will also sit back and not pursue their goals.

Sense full your head
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by hardon1(m): 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2023
Animegirl:
"I'd like your opinion on this: Is it okay to block your exes on every online platform, or is it better to let them watch how we succeed and overcome the pains that come with heartbreak?"

So u just believe because someone is you ex, then the person will not also succeed. E go shock say Dem fit succeed pass you sef

Life Is far beyond what we think
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by ukaface(f): 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2023
My dear
Block them
Cos if you keep them, you might be tempted to also know what they are up to, if they are doing better than you and, that act can make you feel sad or bring up past memories. So BLOCK THEM EVERYWHERE. Every social media, BLOCK THEM AND MOVE ON.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Salowise: 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
I blocked mine though i still have little feelings for her, i also want her to succeed na orphan she be but i don't ever want to get back with her.
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Herbiodun09: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
Its a childish attitude.

And asking her shows u aint grown yet also
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Gandrova: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ade1177:

Strong

My ex got a job she was chasing

And now
Her account dey increase in millions

Imagine she still dey with me, I for dey enjoy

Because that girl is a cheerful giver even when she wasn't that rich

But her mouth too sharp and gets angry easily . Can hold malice for yrs

Money is not everything
But I dey consider to go back to my ex bayi o and manage the sharp mouth compare to all these urgent 2k and entitled girls wey full outside

I just dey spend money
Lolz Bros I beg go back sharp sharp
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Godmercy86(m): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
I sent my ex money she sooo desired yesterday. I no block ooo
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by LalastiklaIa(m): 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
It depends on the type of Ex.

If your Ex boyfriend is as broke as Zonefree that can’t even afford to buy common chicken to celebrate Christmas, Biko do yourself a favor to block him in every area of your life undecided

But if your Ex boyfriend is rich, Biko don’t block him, he would still be sending you money.

Personally, I accept money and gifts from Ex and current boyfriend

Poverty

You are so poor that to have some dignity to refuse egunje from an ex. You can't. Where is your pride and dignity? Your type irritates me

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by shineeye1: 12:07am On Oct 09, 2023
Animegirl:

The CORRECT answer comes naturally - BLOCK THEM.
Any contrary action indicates you are yet to get over the ill-fated relationship and such has harmful consequences.
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by shineeye1: 12:09am On Oct 09, 2023
Jennyclay:
It depends on the type of Ex.

If your Ex boyfriend is as broke as Zonefree that can’t even afford to buy common chicken to celebrate Christmas, Biko do yourself a favor to block him in every area of your life undecided

But if your Ex boyfriend is rich, Biko don’t block him, he would still be sending you money.

Personally, I accept money and gifts from Ex and current boyfriend

See this LOUSY BITCH. This generation is so polluted that bitches have become so loud! SMH
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Brandiebird: 12:14am On Oct 09, 2023
Greenfaces:

One lady started posting updates everyday about her new relationship lol. I never posted or said anything. I blocked her, deleted her number but saved it in my Gmail

Years passed and I hot married and my wife gave birth, I unblocked her to see howfar, saw her post on WhatsApp status saying she is unlucky with relationships lol. Meaning she didn't settle with the guy. Then I uploaded a status and set it for only her to see. I virtually schooled her on why been so petty and childish is a stupid decision to follow a breakup with. When she had read it all, I blocked her again and deleted her number. This time for good.

Another episode of things that never happened 🙄

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by shineeye1: 12:15am On Oct 09, 2023
Godmercy86:
I sent my ex money she sooo desired yesterday. I no block ooo

Certainly you cannot be an ATM of your EXes. Even ATMs collect charges, so you must still be collecting from her - in a supposed ended relationship. Na so una de take die prematurely. You think you are a wise son of the devil but your sins will shortly find you out!
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by cevek11: 1:46am On Oct 09, 2023
Or your failure... your ex can end up better than you.

Animegirl:

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by bluefilm: 5:25am On Oct 09, 2023
Animegirl:

What if you don't 'succeed'?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Haircomb: 5:33am On Oct 09, 2023
Just block and move on with your life. Keeping them around to see you succeed means you are not over them yet. I blocked my ex when we broke up, travelled and even changed my number. I don’t know anything about him and he does not know anything about me.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Greenfaces: 6:44am On Oct 09, 2023
Brandiebird:

Another episode of things that never happened 🙄
it actually did. What part of it is unbelievable?
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by maxlev1: 7:02am On Oct 09, 2023
Alot of people are so childish and very unreasonable especially some ladies. Must every relationship lead to marriage?
Why some people see their exes as enemies really baffles me. We are all humans and so our paths to life will certainly be different.
1. Blocking him/her has nothing to do with who will succeed or achieve more in life.
2. Blocking him/her does not affect the ex in anyway so it looks stupid.
3. What happens after blocking he ex and you meet him/her in a big event, will you run out of the event because you saw an ex? So childish & emotional some people can be.
4. What if he/she is becomes your new boss, will you reject or resign from the job?
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by jimmyvic(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2023
What if you no come succeed?? grin grin

Just be a better person for yourself and not to pepper anyone
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Optimist2023: 10:03am On Oct 09, 2023
I'd only block an ex if they don't understand boundaries. Trying to talk and act like you're still dating, leading you on but in their minds, the relationship is over. Otherwise, life no too hard.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by purples25(f): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2023
Optimist2023:
I'd only block an ex if they don't understand boundaries. Trying to talk and act like you're still dating, leading you on but in their minds, the relationship is over. Otherwise, life no too hard.

That's crazy. One big problem is when no one wants to be the bad guy and state the obvious. That they don't want the relationship anymore. Hiding resentment inside but they find it hard to say their thoughts. That kind of thing is what will make one person suddenly attack the other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Optimist2023: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
Really crazy. In this situation, my ex actually said he could not move ahead with the relationship but still wanted to remain friends. I didn't want that coz it was going to be difficult to move on that way. Nevertheless, I tried to be "matured" and went with it. But along the line, I just figured that he wanted me in his life without any commitment. Coz he'd call when it suited him, he'd even say he misses me and all, still acted like I was his. He really was not respecting any boundaries. So I just had to block him.
purples25:

That's crazy. One big problem is when no one wants to be the bad guy and state the obvious. That they don't want the relationship anymore. Hiding resentment inside but they find it hard to say their thoughts. That kind of thing is what will make one person suddenly attack the other.
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by purples25(f): 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
Optimist2023:
Really crazy. In this situation, my ex actually said he could not move ahead with the relationship but still wanted to remain friends. I didn't want that coz it was going to be difficult to move on that way. Nevertheless, I tried to be "matured" and went with it. But along the line, I just figured that he wanted me in his life without any commitment. Coz he'd call when it suited him, he'd even say he misses me and all, still acted like I was his. He really was not respecting any boundaries. So I just had to block him.

You escaped a complicated situation. You know what would have happened? He would have gotten you emotional, kept you for sex, then you will be hanging around full of jealousy and pain while he brings his new girlfriend around. You understand? You are not in, and not out. You guys would be entwined, but you can't claim him. Last last he would hang back and enjoy the show while you compete or fight with his new girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Optimist2023: 12:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
Won't really call it escape coz it took a while before I finally made up my mind. It really was a mess. But thank God its over now.
purples25:

You escaped a complicated situation. You know what would have happened? He would have gotten you emotional, kept you for sex, then you will be hanging around full of jealousy and pain while he brings his new girlfriend around. You understand? You are not in, and not out. You guys would be entwined, but you can't claim him. Last last he would hang back and enjoy the show while you compete or fight with his new girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by purples25(f): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Optimist2023:
Won't really call it escape coz it took a while before I finally made up my mind. It really was a mess. But thank God its over now.

I'm happy for you. I mean, for the fact that you have moved on. Stay strong okay? You'll meet the right person soon.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Spiff20(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Who da fuckkk still block ex this twenty first century?
I don't block anybody

Life is not all about relationships only

There is more to life than sex and relationships

Even self you can still knack your ex anyday anytime twice on their ovulation day
All the time I don't leave women with anger and quarell
Infact when they are with me I always say this to them
Hey baby girl there might be circumstances beyond our control that might lead to break up in the future but one thing I will promise you is that am gonna be your friend till the end of time
If you're still friends with a girl after a breakup, you were never in love in the first place. You were only lusting and knacking. So your case is different.
Re: Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? by Spiff20(m): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
I'd say, it depends on how the relationship ended. If you both realized that the love has grown cold or that you were never in love in the first place, there's no need for blocking. However, if it ended badly with words, not pleasant flung around, then blocking is necessary for both parties to move on. It's easier to move on when you're not viewing their status or seeing their flashy display which is sometimes done to spite you. Blocking is necessary if you're not matured enough and If you were truly in love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South African Lady Causes A Stir On Twitter As She Puts Her Massive Backside / My Wife Pretended To Be Innocent Until I Married Her / What Makes A Relationship Healthy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.