Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? (13460 Views)

6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Your Girl Have A Male Best Friend / Male Best Friend Or Girlfriend:who Should Sit On The Passanger Sit? / ~My Male Best Friend Wants More . . . ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2011
http:

^^^ Present continous grin grin grin tolding hehehehe! i laugh in egungun.

It is playing we are.

heeee! chei, just fall off my chair, heh! oga don catch me today for NL.
hehehe grin
We has been joking jokes. . . grin Ha! Find excusing to be gave oga!. . . shocked
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by SirButty: 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
firstly forgive me for being too windy, but i have had this conversation several times from my days in campus to now, husband with 2 kids.

like she said earlier, marriage is not a prison. Its basically a responsibility.

the truth is marriage has no connection with 'campus' relationships, courtships, boyfriend/girlfriend etc. theres a vacuum. dont get me wrong. relationships lead to marriage, but theres a vaccum in-between (think of this vacuum as a telephone booth that transforms clark kent to superman) that requires certain maturity. maturity - not in the sense most use  the word, but in the sense of taking ownership of the new relationship (marriage). this means that, im responsible for this marriage and im ready to GIVE my best to make it work. its usually a short, fast and irrevocable decision. at the point of getting married, u r responsible for the other persons needs (NOT WANTS) and also the needs of the produce from the marriage (children). this is your primary responsibility. family and friends are beneath secondary, infact they are beneath university masters program (in-joke, get it?). this applies to both the man and wife. two people giving to a common goal.

if u permit this definition, u will see clearly theres no room for a best friend outside your spouse. yes, this calls for ur spouse to be the best candidate for the job. so choose wisely.

plus the responsibilities of working regular jobs (husband and wife) and having kids who are less than 10yrs old wont give room for calling or visiting friends (male or female).  the best u can do for friends these days are irregular fone calls and convenient spousal visits. infact, u will see that naturally, new married friends from social gatherings will be the other of your day. meaning they too would have busy times. thats why we get lotsa baby birthdays and wedding and church outings, hehehe.

marriage brings its own challenges and responsibilities that requires a partnership with your spouse for successful results. usually 90% of your time is for your family, be it work or play. the remaining time is for friends and the rest. there will be no time   to nurture and grow another external relationship. the basic fact of life is that we are always trading something for another. we cant have it all. if you choose to dedicate more time for external relationships (i dont care how long u have known them, why u no marry them na?), u have chosen whats important for u.

i will end my rant with the definition of cheating in marriage. it is robbing your spouse of their rights or benefits or property (sex, time, money etc) and giving same to a non-spouse.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by ibx1976: 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
Nayah:

Sexkillz I was refering to http who said I"m playing with you  smiley
Anyway you have your opinion I respect I got mine and I think we can't agree each other, because we see marriage in different wayas for friendship and couples
Its so hard to admit it when you are wrong smiley Anyway. I'll allow you an escape route from this difficult situation you put yourself in. Lets accept you misunderstood the post from the start and thought best friend can also mean a close family member.  cheesy

Sir_Butty:

i will end my rant with the definition of cheating in marriage. it is robbing your spouse of their rights or benefits or property (sex, time, money etc) and giving same to a non-spouse.
Absolutely!
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by ronkebp(f): 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2011
Nayah, i know by the time you enter into your marraige with you having a male best friend and your husband a female best friend, am sure there would be plenty female best friends outside that marraige, that would turn to something else in the long run. wink wink wink
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Dirac(m): 12:45am On Oct 14, 2011
Until I joined Nairaland, I did not realise a lot of ladies lack common sense. How can the idea of a male best friend even be vaguely realistic. Look at it the other way, would you like your husband to have a female best friend?
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by http(m): 1:17am On Oct 14, 2011
Dirac:

Until I joined Nairaland, I did not realise a lot of ladies lack common sense. How can the idea of a male best friend even be vaguely realistic. Look at it the other way, would you like your husband to have a female best friend?

My man, u are too hard on them now, you know they are the weaker v lipsrsealed grin grin so we need to bend and straighten them when necessary.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by noblegas2(m): 5:02am On Oct 14, 2011
Nayah:

hehehehe here we go, who talk about sleeping here? listen dear brother now I'm talking about myself, [size=20pt]sleeping with my best friend would be like an Inbreeding judging from our link which is like family[/size] and again I know some couples which have their own friends "best friends" and everything is fine, the most important is: your partner has to know all about your surroundings, if you hide it then he would have the right to be suspicious, but if you have nothing to feel guilty about there's nothing to worry about

ok!

First lemme laugh to this, loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

brb for comment! grin grin grin
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by ijigbamigb(m): 6:37am On Oct 14, 2011
Well I can't be a married woman's best friend because I don't trust myself not to Bleep HER. Better stick to you husband, and lemme stick to my wife
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 14, 2011
Dirac:

I realized that long before I joined Nairaland. But joining this forum made me realize the enormity and scale of the situation.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 8:46am On Oct 14, 2011
ibx1976:

Its so hard to admit it when you are wrong smiley Anyway. I'll allow you an escape route from this difficult situation you put yourself in. Lets accept you misunderstood the post from the start and thought best friend can also mean a close family member.  cheesy
Absolutely!

Good morning, you know I can accept things easily this is not the issue here, having wrong this is not what I'm seeking, this is a debate everybody has his opinion and again, this is not because a lot of persons on here agree with you you're right, I repeat GALILEE was seen as a fool and crazy man when he affirmed that " Earth WAS ROUND" grin  so my dear on that point I'm sorry to tell you that, your arguments didn't convince me, in the sense that the most important is to delimitate things and not hiding anything, before I got married I got my best friend, my husband is my half and I'll share what I'll never share with my best friend once you know that everything's fine

Dirac:

Dirac good morning: the fact that you can't understand or admit this kind of relation exists, because it does doesn't mean we're lack on common sense, for me cheating your partner is a lack of common sense and you and I know that even without having "best friends" it's quite common, while some women know how to handle this situation without being unfaithful, open your eyes and you'll understand what I mean
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by oswardic(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2011
NAYAL

Something is definitely not right with your point or maybe am not getting you right. BEST MALE FRIEND means something more than your placement. For a strong and long lasting relationship, there's always a strong defense of not letting what happens in the home get outside, not even parents talkless of a friend, I'm definitely not saying somethings shouldnt be let known to your parents. If that is the case, what do you need that EXTERNAL BEST MALE FRIEND for? I need an ANSWER, List to me what you NEED from that MALE FRIEND NOW! and lets judge it one time. We all understand how relationships occur, firstly, making friends, getting to know each other (Emotions Growing) and feelings getting involved, and later the heart is not able to hold it anymore but to let out what it feels and before you know it, something serious occurs and you are known as BF/GF, Fiance/Fiancee, Now tell me, what do you think having MALE BEST FRIEND would occur to in the latter? I am waiting for a reply as soonest.
Lest I forget, how much time do you spend with your so-call brother thing? Whats the length of what you people discuss?
Marriage has its responsibility, and doing away with old time friends as in reducing your closeness is one of the major responsibilities. Meaning if they use to be your very very close friend, then that turns to a FRIEND, infact a casual friend.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2011
^^She watches too many Romance Movies! wink
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by emmatok(m): 10:24am On Oct 14, 2011
Best friend, someone (singular) with whom one shares the strongest possible kind of friendship, often abbreviated to "bestie"

Somebody should tell me what will a "married woman be doing with a male  best friend".

Let me guess, Sharing her family secrets and Reporting her husband behavior.

Marriage aren't worth it these days.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2011
sexkillz:

^^She watches too many Romance Movies! wink

Sexkillz lol not too much but I like some smiley
oswardic:

NAYAL

Something is definitely not right with your point or maybe am not getting you right. BEST MALE FRIEND means something more than your placement. For a strong and long lasting relationship, there's always a strong defense of not letting what happens in the home get outside, not even parents talkless of a friend, I'm definitely not saying somethings shouldnt be let known to your parents. If that is the case, what do you need that EXTERNAL BEST MALE FRIEND for? I need an ANSWER, List to me what you NEED from that MALE FRIEND NOW! and lets judge it one time. We all understand how relationships occur, firstly, making friends, getting to know each other (Emotions Growing) and feelings getting involved, and later the heart is not able to hold it anymore but to let out what it feels and before you know it, something serious occurs and you are known as BF/GF, Fiance/Fiancee, Now tell me, what do you think having MALE BEST FRIEND would occur to in the latter? I am waiting for a reply as soonest.
Lest I forget, how much time do you spend with your so-call brother thing? Whats the length of what you people discuss?
Marriage has its responsibility, and doing away with old time friends as in reducing your closeness is one of the major responsibilities. Meaning if they use to be your very very close friend, then that turns to a FRIEND, infact a casual friend.

Good morning, in fact i've responded to your questions on behalf those of Sexkillz, a best friend is not someone you'll see EVERYDAY but this is one you can chat with whenever he needs you to, it's simple I don't really understand what's the big deal on it, I think I've told the most important: DELIMITATION

But as I told to you and the others brothers who don't understand or don't want to understand my point is that we can't agree when first of all people defines MALE BEST FRIEND as a RIVAL for me it's not! that's the difference, as long as we know our places, things go well and I klnow what I'm talking about, but this is my opinion, just my opinion not an absolute truth
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 14, 2011
Nayah! You keep clutching at argumentative straws and fallacies! And have you realized that you are the only female holding on to that view?. . . Seriously, what does that tell you?
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 11:05am On Oct 14, 2011
Sexkillz, I think you don't get my behaviour, I'm not saying something to have right, I have convictions and troughout my short experience in life I expose my point and I defend it

The majority is not always right and we learn everyday, remember this is a discussion not a competiton
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by HISchild: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2011
"Abstain from all appearance of evil." - 1Th 5:22. Is it expedient to have ".a male best friend"? After GOD, her husband should be her "male best friend" with whom she shares all things. Her flesh
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 14, 2011
Nayah:

Sexkillz, I think you don't get my behaviour, I'm not saying something to have right, I have convictions and troughout my short experience in life I expose my point and I defend it

The majority is not always right and we learn everyday, remember this is a discussion not a competiton
I dont get! What Majority? The ones against male best friend?
Hope you understand that the majority is against male best friend! Not male friends!

Now lemme ask you? what principles do you allow to guide you, or do you fashion your life after?
Religious Principles?
Societal Principles, or?
Cultural Principles?

And which of those Principles advocates a male best friend to a married woman? Pls school me! smiley
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 11:20am On Oct 14, 2011
Sexkillz I'm talking about the majority of responses
Then I'm believe in God but religion is more like bases in life, not just when we need it, I try to apply it in my everyday life
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2011
Your belief of God, where did you get it from? the Bible or the Koran? smiley
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by ibx1976: 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
My question is, who is that man who would feel comfortable having another man's wife as a best friend? I assure you he has "other motives" far removed from "platonic friendship". Give it enough time and you will know. If such a man is single, why cant he get his own woman/wife. Millions of single ladies are there. If he is married, why cant he confide in his own wife?

If you had a best friend before meeting your husband, why did you not marry your BF instead?

Even female best friends are often the cause of marriage break downs. A married woman should have neither male or female best friends apart from her husband/wife.

Of course you can have friends but the best person in your life should be your husband. You chose to dedicate your lives to each other. By marrying him, you announced to the world that you are no longer available on the singles market.

And if you are tired of him, divorce is always an option. The statement that "marriage is not prison" means the option to back out of a bad relationship should be there always. BUT while you remain in a marriage, desist from bringing in a third confidant or fueling the fire of suspicion.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by terrysheg(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2011
It is not advisable, anything can happen.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^antyhing could happen even though this is not your best friend my brother
Sexkillz, I'm protestant, and in the bible there's no line about having a male best friend as sin, plus as I repeat so many times what you share with your husband is uncomparable with what you share with your best friend!

If you able to make diffrerence between your wife and your sister, then the case is closed, if not then you have a big problem
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by terrysheg(m): 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2011
Nayah can i talk to you off nairaland? My nos are 2347030952149 and 2348125582093
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2011
lol ^^ as it fast grin
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Gbenge77(m): 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
Yes Of course.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2011
Sexkillz, I'm protestant, and in the bible there's no line about having a male best friend as sin, plus as I repeat so many times what you share with your husband is uncomparable with what you share with your best friend!

If you able to make diffrerence between your wife and your sister, then the case is closed, if not  then you have a big problem
I have a big problem? I dont think so! Now, Is there a line that says having a male best friend is NO sin? If i'm to digress a little, do you smoke cigarettes? I'm guessing No! is there a line in the bible that describes smoking  as sin?

And you keep mentioning what you share with husband is incomparable to what you share with your best friend, but you still fail to pinpoint those things you should share with your best friend and why you should share them with your best friend and not your husband!

Seriously what does that last sentence mean? If i cant differentiate between my wife and sister? I cant equate my sister with any random woman out there, that i call a best female friend! My relationship with my sister is totally on another level, as there are things about me that my sister knows, that probably my wife would never know, because she grew up in the same household with me! Not dat i'll meet someone, make her my best friend and you tell me she is my sister?
Now, if you still cling to that school of thought, can you now differentiate btw your blood brother, and your best male friend? Huh?
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Gbenge77(m): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2011
Yes Of course.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nayah(f): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2011
sexkillz:

I have a big problem? I dont think so! Now, Is there a line that says having a male best friend is NO sin? If i'm to digress a little, do you smoke cigarettes? I'm guessing No! is there a line in the bible that describes smoking  as sin?

And you keep mentioning what you share with husband is incomparable to what you share with your best friend, but you still fail to pinpoint those things you should share with your best friend and why you should share them with your best friend and not your husband!

Seriously what does that last sentence mean? If i cant differentiate between my wife and sister? I cant equate my sister with any random woman out there, that i call a best female friend! My relationship with my sister is totally on another level, as there are things about me that my sister knows, that probably my wife would never know, because she grew up in the same household with me! Not dat i'll meet someone, make her my best friend and you tell me she is my sister?
Now, if you still cling to that school of thought, can you now differentiate btw your blood brother, and your best male friend? Huh?

Sexkillz "you" is rhetoric or generic don't take it for yourself it's a general statement
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Ikroberts: 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2011
It depends on the type of woman that is in the show,
If not she will perform wonders for you to die early.
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
Nayah, Thought we were having a discussion?. . . Ran out of answers? tongue
Re: Can A Married Woman Have A Male Best Friend? by pendo89(f): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
Yes I can.

Now sexkillz dont you start with me.

I can have a good male friend as a MENTOR. I see nothing wrong with that. As nayah said hes not a competitor if anything he can help me be a better wife I know i just opened a can of worms to my husband.
Why is everybody thinking immoral. Its not like we are meeting at odd places during odd hours. Halo?
And yeah I know you will say emotions blablabla. Dont you have that good girlfriend with whom you share a platonic relationship? You dont just fall or get attracted to somebody cz u spend quality time with them no.
You can look at a male friend the same way you look at your boss over a long period of time.
That is very possible with me. maybe its different with you but some people know where to draw the line.
Infact that male friend could be enjoying a relationship with his gfriend and we are all aware of that.

Mrs Pendo can have a male friend with no strings attached. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Some Girls Never Learn / How Does A Woman Feel If She Reamins A Virgin Till Married? / Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.