Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? (17839 Views)

Sex Will Make Your Relationship Stronger Only At The Appropriate Time / Need Suggestions On The Appropriate Setting To Propose. / What Is The Appropriate Age For A Nigerian Female To Start Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by lynxnoon(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2011
born2fuck:

As for me, I bleep till 46 yrs old before I get married
Good luck with that tongue
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Emmyk(m): 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2011
For females 23-25.
For guys. 27-30.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Honeycity(f): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2011
i do not think there is any ideal age for marriage it all boils down to when an individual is psychologically, emotionally and financially ok to handle pressures that comes along with marriage
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Ranoscky(m): 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2011
Nayah:

Age is nothing but a number, marry when you feel ready and capable to hold a home
Exactly what I was abouto say!
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by say4gunit(m): 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2011
mummy3:

grin grin grin,
Him tell you say, him from north?
who tell u say notherners dey marry at 8?
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by randyorton: 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2011
[size=13pt]it should be 24 - 27. anything above this is too old for a woman. women age right from 26 . why would i marry a woman who is 28 when there are several young bloods. just imagine an old 28 yr old woman! her punny go don dey over used,her body stretch marked etc.[/size]
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Otunbakay(m): 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2011
comotdere:

Well for the guys 27-33. The girls say 23-30.Hey don't get me wrong, I mean in an ideal circumstance.
This should just be it. Mojority falls withing this bracket.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by born2boink(m): 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2011
but toto go don dey over used, the better time to marry woman is 22 yrs old
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by asoebi(m): 4:57pm On Oct 13, 2011
Syupid u grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2011
i don't plan on getting married until i am in my 30's.  smiley

born2fuck:

but toto go  don dey over used, the better time to marry  woman is 22 yrs old

b2f's Signature:
All Women are ASHEWO but only those found in brothel are recognize
smh. It's he's back! tongue
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by born2boink(m): 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

i don't plan on getting married until i am in my 30's.  smiley
smh.
it simply means you are out of my league and my age groups league, relegation straight because women are fishes in water and can marry 10s in a year
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2011
born2fuck:

it simply means you are out of my league and my age groups league, relegation straight because women are fishes in water and can marry 10s in a year

i am out of your league because i am NOT INTERESTED! cheesy cheesy
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
18yrs
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2011
To the Ogun Aye and Ogun Ibi or whatever fetish nonsense posted by an ignorant slowpoke. Pastor W. F. Kumuyi was over 40 when he got married. And Pastor Poju Oyemade and others were still single in their 40s and what they have contributed to nation building are more worthy than the liabilities millions of immature and insecure couples are breeding in Nigeria without family planning. Majority of Nigerian youths under 30 are intellectually immature and financially insecure to marry with millions of graduates who are still unemployed. I-d-i-o-ts who are insecure are rushing to marry and breeding insecure children to increase the liabilities of Nigeria where there is no social security.

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Sike(m): 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2011
dayokanu:

18yrs
born2fuck:

but toto go  don dey over used, the better time to marry  woman is 22 yrs old
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by tnktosin(m): 11:37pm On Oct 13, 2011
whenever ripe
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by tnktosin(m): 12:01am On Oct 14, 2011
Orikinla:

To the Ogun Aye and Ogun Ibi or whatever fetish nonsense posted by an ignorant slowpoke. Pastor W. F. Kumuyi was over 40 when he got married. And Pastor Poju Oyemade and others were still single in their 40s and what they have contributed to nation building are more worthy than the liabilities millions of immature and insecure couples are breeding in Nigeria without family planning. Majority of Nigerian youths under 30 are intellectually immature and financially insecure to marry with millions of graduates who are still unemployed. I-d-i-o-ts who are insecure are rushing to marry and breeding insecure children to increase the liabilities of Nigeria where there is no social security.

U're not smiling at all ooo,  Its all a matter of readiness and choice. Its a free world,   wink
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by RuuDie(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2011
Am afraid its rapidly not becoming a matter of age anymore but more of financial capability. . . . . even more difficult for guys who do not come from a wealthy / influential background and its saddening because these days, more and more women are getting married to the first available man who has the money and shows slightest interest in them, disregarding if there is any form of attachment or attraction to the person. Seen it happen one too many times already and am beginning to feel like life is slipping away from me. . . . .and it just might well be!
For me now, marriage is way down the pecking order - thinking of it only just gets one more frustrated!
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 14, 2011
No time for marriage yet, Am planning on getting married to a babe who is just 13yrs and am over 25 years, Not child abuse, i would wait for her to clock 18, Then get married. Datz my plan datz the Ijogz K way of thinking, Thanks
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
When u have steady income, house, and small cash remaining after d expense of marriage.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Cuddlemii: 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2011
grin grin grin grin
Men have no age limit when it comes to marriage. They can marry anytime they want, as many wives as they want & re-marry if they please.

As for ladies, you can marry anytime you are above 18, matured enough to manage a home, have a source of livelihood (very important) & find the person you love but Ideally from 21 years is suitable for ladies.

But age has never had anything to do with anything. Its the maturity & discipline in character & endeavors that matter. Some people are old but clueless.

Why this topic? You know I asked a friend of mine who just graduated as a doctor in Cuba that when is she getting married as she is 28 or so. She was like why is it that whenever she comes across any Nigerian babe its always marriage questions or issues and not business or how to impact on the society. She explained to me that she was in a relationship that almost caused her sanity because she was trying to get married asap. Though she pointed out to me that she will settle when it comes.

My point is this, people in Africa lay so much emphasis on this marriage of a thing. Yes you have to settle down sometime but so many marriages are failing, so many mismatched couples, so many evil agendas. I think people need to face their dreams till when it comes rather than constitute a nuisance because you want to marry. Hate it or like it, marriage is not a do or die affair & not everyone would get married but when it comes, make sure you go into for the right reasons & have a positive mindset.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^ welcome kiss
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Orikinla(m): 10:55pm On Oct 14, 2011
Cuddlemii:

grin grin grin grin
Men have no age limit when it comes to marriage. They can marry anytime they want, as many wives as they want & re-marry if they please.

As for ladies, you can marry anytime you are above 18, matured enough to manage a home, have a source of livelihood (very important) & find the person you love but Ideally from 21 years is suitable for ladies.

But age has never had anything to do with anything. Its the maturity & discipline in character & endeavors that matter. Some people are old but clueless.

Why this topic? You know I asked a friend of mine who just graduated as a doctor in Cuba that when is she getting married as she is 28 or so. She was like why is it that whenever she comes across any Nigerian babe its always marriage questions or issues and not business or how to impact on the society. She explained to me that she was in a relationship that almost caused her sanity because she was trying to get married asap. Though she pointed out to me that she will settle when it comes.

My point is this, people in Africa lay so much emphasis on this marriage of a thing. Yes you have to settle down sometime but so many marriages are failing, so many mismatched couples, so many evil agendas. I think people need to face their dreams till when it comes rather than constitute a nuisance because you want to marry. Hate it or like it, marriage is not a do or die affair & not everyone would get married but when it comes, make sure you go into for the right reasons & have a positive mindset.
Yours is the best reply so far. Getting married is the life insurance of majority of Nigerian women who have nothing more to do, but to increase the population of Nigeria.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Ranoscky(m): 4:53am On Oct 15, 2011
Orikinla:

Yours is the best reply so far. Getting married is the life insurance of majority of Nigerian women who have nothing more to do, but to increase the population of Nigeria.
Hahahahahaha. . . . Funny, man! grin
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by femmy2010(m): 7:14am On Oct 15, 2011
When you can take care of the to be formed family.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 15, 2011
[size=14pt]Still on the matter? Have we all decided on the particular age yet?. . . I guess not! That only goes to show, that the Appropriate age to get married, does not exist! Pin pointedly, You have to be matured, to handle Marriage and the emotional quagmire, that goes along with it! No matter your financial capability, if you are NOT Matured, your marriage is heading for a colossal disaster, catastrophically speaking. . . Quote me anywhere!. . . smiley [/size]
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Cuddlemii: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2011
pendo89:

^^^ welcome kiss

Hey! How is you? To have access to me just add me up on ym. Try my username alone & inidicate its u.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Ranoscky(m): 8:26am On Oct 15, 2011
^^ How I wish I was that guy on your profile.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by pendo89(f): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Hey! How is you? To have access to me just add me up on ym. Try my username alone & inidicate its u.

You know I never use yim.I do not even have an excuse for that.I am ever on skype. I will do that anyway. infact right away.
This is weird but I dreamt that I visited your crib in my country!! shocked grin
Then when I first looked at you I saw you resemble brandy the musician.I love her and her voice.
Then I was like wow you have eyes like brandy blablabla u know all the girlie stuff. I was soo delighted to have finally met you.
I think I missed you for real.I like your comments and maturity and I felt your absence. Dont disappear even if they keep bashing naija gals. You are strong.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Cuddlemii: 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2011
Ranoscky:

^^ How I wish I was that guy on your profile.

Well its not hard find a white lady, lay down & let her cuddle you up or you cuddle her up. Remember that position is not for weaklings, you might want to work out a little. Hope I helped?
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by obowunmi(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2011
@ OP: when you have money to take care of your family. If you can't take care of your family, no woman will respect you.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? by Cuddlemii: 3:07am On Oct 22, 2011
pendo89:

You know I never use yim.I do not even have an excuse for that.I am ever on skype. I will do that anyway. infact right away.
This is weird but I dreamt that I visited your crib in my country!! shocked grin
Then when I first looked at you I saw you resemble brandy the musician.I love her and her voice.
Then I was like wow you have eyes like brandy blablabla u know all the girlie stuff. I was soo delighted to have finally met you.
I think I missed you for real.I like your comments and maturity and I felt your absence. Dont disappear even if they keep bashing naija gals. You are strong.

Missed you too. Nah not the bashing, I have just been super busy but I am very much around. Brandy,hmmm ok I like her personality. Where are you too? you seem to be offline tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men / She Sold Her Phone To Man Without Deleting Her Nude Videos & Pics, He Leaks Them / PHOTO: Ladies, Can You Allow Your Boyfriend To Grab Your Butt Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.