Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love (51026 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! / Is IVF The Only Way Out??? (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by SeaTrade(m): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
It's not a Nigerian women problem ,rather Nigerian men think the only way to gain a woman's attention is by giving and spending endlessly due to low self esteem which in turn spoiled their women and made them very entitled.
Omo ,personally I'm not in the habit of giving women money oo,unless we've known and dated for a while and we see each other as one.
As for the entitled clowns thinking I be ATM,lol...I rather spend that money on myself,look and feel sharp and attract those that are in my wavelength abeg.
Nothing pass self-care for this life we dey so.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by achimendy(m): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2023
spiritedtete:

Yes it is different... and very different. All this stupid attitude is just exhibited by blacks and Latinos. If you live in Europe and come back to date black girl you will be very passed.. with their entitlement attitude. ( I am speaking from experience and experiences. However money is not my problem just have solid goals as a woman).

Exactly. That's what that writer up there dont understand. We are humans with different characters, values and beliefs, so we can never act or reason thesame way.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Dancebreaker: 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2023
theInfinity:
I have come to realise that many Nigerian women think that the only way for a person to prove their love is by giving them and they stylishly tag it being "caring".

Even a criminal can spend on you when dating you and deal with you when he finally marries you.

Funny, most men may not be able to give because they are struggling but that doesn't mean they don't care.

Why has friendship with many Nigerian women become transactional.

A sugar daddy can still give a lady but the truth remains that he will go back to his back at home and will never divorce her to marry you.

Please beautiful Nigerian women, let's stop making a relationship a business transaction.
In any clime without social welfare system and there is rampant economic insecurity, relationship is transactional. It's business and everything else is secondary or a bonus.
The bolded will be difficult because women are overwhelmingly economically worse off. It's about survival.

However, women with enough income can lead the way. We have to be realistic.

The problem now is even most well off ladies still feel entitled to a guy's money, irrespective of his pocket strength.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Johnholt909: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop fooling yourself! undecided
Stop fooling myself? I have a female colleague here who just changed her voice while asking a guy for a call card of 2k on phone and the guy sent it to her within five minutes. I really pity me out there. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by achimendy(m): 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
No be entitlement dey carry the broke men to dey chase the girls up and down too when they too have nothing to offer? undecided

Only God know the angle you're reasoning from.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Johnholt909: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
The same girl who i asked for just a corn of 100 naira but she couldn't buy it for me. Nigerian men are senseless.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2023
Johnholt909:
Stop fooling myself? I have a female colleague here who just changed her voice while asking a guy for a call card of 2k on phone and the guy sent it to her within five minutes. I really pity me out there. cheesy
I don't understand your reasoning at all. So because she did it means all women do it? Is that kind of like saying If one man commits fraud then all men are fraudsters? undecided

This is 2023 for Pete's sake. Develop your social intelligence levels abeg so you can better understand and relate to the world outside of your head for crying out loud. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Johnholt909: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand your reasoning at all. So because she did it means all women do it? Is that kind of like saying If one man commits fraud then all men are fraudsters? undecided

This is 2023 for Pete's sake. Develop your social intelligence levels abeg so you can better understand and relate to the world outside of your head for crying out loud. undecided
Shut up! You never understood my drift.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
achimendy:
■ Only God know the angle you're reasoning from.
Not only God since even relationship with God is clearly transactional. The more faith you acquire --- submission and obedience to God's teachings and commandments--- the more access God gives you to His promises with an eventual end in His Heaven. That is the deal Jesus Christ came to offer as well.undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Emeka71(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
AllBlack:

you think it is any different with women from Latvia, Croatia, Japan, Iran or Canada?

in life, everything between two humans (male or female or both) is a business transaction. Everything. Even a simple handshake involves giving and getting mutual respect or feeling or recognition or approval.

The good thing is, you have the option of walking away from "THE OTHER PARTY" if you feel their "business" ethics doesn't suit your standards instead of complaining. That is where maturity comes in.
Tell them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Alchemy528: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
They lack skull not even brain

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Mayeldah(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
What poverty cannot do does not exist!

It is also a mentality that some ladies from fairly rich homes carries, they were trained from childhood to depend on men for their upkeep

our mothers and society failed here!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2023
Johnholt909:
Shut up! You never understood my drift.
Understood what drift? You concluded that every women is manipulative as though men do not also practice similar forms of manipulation,yet you feel it makes sense to fault me for pointing out the obvious reason for your low social intelligence? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Badmashii(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
This is how it is...

Any relationship involving both sex,the male gender is always the losing party. If you like mek you dey Bleep the girl 24/7.

After all na only the Bleep be your gain,but you'll lose a lot.

You go lose money,time,energy,and if it happens you became unfortunate, you also lose your LIFE. MEN BE WISE!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Johnholt909: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Understood what drift? You concluded that every women is manipulative as though men do not also practice similar forms of manipulation,yet you feel it makes sense to fault me for pointing out the obvious reason for your low social intelligence? undecided
If you're a guy, you aren't sreetwise. You need to be wise when dealing with women. Don't be a wussy. Most women want you for just what they would gain from you. I love you, I love you. It's just about their comfort. Women would always seek for comfort from men.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by pendragonbladgo(m): 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
Women are commodity

It's part of the way they are created!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by spiSeyi: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
theInfinity:

Please beautiful broke Nigerian women, let's stop making a relationship a business transaction.
Beauty is not only in the face and body shape but in character, any woman who can make her legitimate money is ugly undecided. Women need to realize that God gave every human being the ability to multiply in all things be it wealth, new life, or anything. It is only a low value woman who looks for rich men to date. Peace ✌️

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Johnholt909: 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Shut up, I have been to a couple of countries in Europe. I am telling you, women seek for comfort first. That is why a Nigerian lady could reject you if you don't have a car, some would even abandon you and go with a guy that has a car.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkiee: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2023
Johnholt909:
Shut up, I have been to a couple of countries in Europe. I am telling you, women seek for comfort first. That is why a Nigerian lady could reject you if you don't have a car, some would even abandon you and go with a guy that has a car.
Again, stop fooling yourself with this nonsense reasoning. Work on improving your social intelligence and obviously your emotional intelligence skills while you are at it. You will thank me later. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Jman06(m): 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2023
My only problem is with the male gender who reduce their own worth to mere sex. While women would demand silver and gold for the same sex they'll enjoy more than men, fullish men would mumuishly part with their money just for sex! Yet they'll claim to be the logical gender!

Men must learn to demand for money from women too. Anything it'll take. Even if it is to resort to mazturbation as a way to reduce the urge for secx, they should do it.

Men should also stop marrying poor girls but go for the rich and comfortable. What is sauce for 'Greece' should also be sauce for 'Uganda'.

Thank you.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Mustack: 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
theInfinity:
I have come to realise that many Nigerian women think that the only way for a person to prove their love is by giving them and they stylishly tag it being "caring".

Even a criminal can spend on you when dating you and deal with you when he finally marries you.

Funny, most men may not be able to give because they are struggling but that doesn't mean they don't care.

A sugar daddy can still give a lady but the truth remains that he will go back to his back at home and will never divorce her to marry you.

Please beautiful Nigerian women, let's stop making a relationship a business transaction.

Something that is happening already.. soon not only relationships, marriage will also be transactional.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by koladed40(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2023
Even in the animal Kingdom, it is the same. Relationship for a woman is transactional and money is the sole factor here. It is general plague. it is only high in poverty induced countries. It is only a man that can marry a woman with nothing. it is rare that woman marries a man without something. just make sure as a man, you get this money most in a legit way
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by AllBlack: 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2023
spiritedtete:

Yes it is different... and very different. All this stupid attitude is just exhibited by blacks and Latinos. If you live in Europe and come back to date black girl you will be very passed.. with their entitlement attitude. ( I am speaking from experience and experiences. However money is not my problem just have solid goals as a woman).

I do understand what you mean but even right there in europe, there are girls with the "relationship entitlement" mentality just the same way there are females here who are more of givers than asker/takers/squeezers.
Yes, the population of both types vary (here & europe) but they exist but the OP was trying to make it look like it was originated and even made exclusive by Nigerian ladies and that is where I disagree.
Thanks, signed out.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by GOSPELTRUTH31: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2023
theInfinity:

I believe you're still a teenager!
Listen to this Timeless advice.

Love is the most meaningless word on Earth if it cannot pay bills, solve problems, make life healthy, etc

If you want your love to be meaningful you must provide
I bet you will hate yourself if you don't have money

Grow up!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by prophetfire: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2023
theInfinity:

It's due to poverty and hunger.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by phemmyfour: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2023
AllBlack:

Why the heavy emphasis on NIGERIN WOMEN as if they invented this behaviour and it is exclusive to only them? Do you sincerely think it is any different with women from Latvia, Croatia, Japan, Iran or Canada?

in life, everything between two humans (male or female or both) is a business transaction. Everything. Even a simple handshake involves giving and getting mutual respect or feeling or recognition or approval.

The good thing is, you have the option of walking away from "THE OTHER PARTY" if you feel their "business" ethics doesn't suit your standards instead of complaining. That is where maturity comes in.
It's different out there even in South Africa. You don't even need to go to Europe

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by AllBlack: 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
GOSPELTRUTH31:
I believe you're still a teenager! Grow up!

Don't mind that guy. If the babe doesn't ask he would still be the one to cry that she is getting it from someone else. He still dey watch ZeeWorld.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Jman06(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
koladed40:
Even in the animal Kingdom, it is the same. Relationship for a woman is transactional and money is the sole factor here. It is general plague. it is only high in poverty induced countries. It is only a man that can marry a woman with nothing. it is rare that woman marries a man without something. just make sure as a man, you get this money most in a legit way
grin grin grin
No gender was meant to be the provider or the taker. It's just a human construct.

Once the human psyche is conditioned in a particular way of seeing the world, it tends to adapt to that way of life over time. If you raise your daughters with the psyche of being independent and catering for themselves, they'll not grow up thinking that they're meant to depend on men.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by AllBlack: 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2023
phemmyfour:
It's different out there even in South Africa. You don't even need to go to Europe
So in the whole SA there are no demanding women? I mean with respect their economy and all the benefits from their government. I lived in SA for 2 years and I came in contact with all types of women because I worked with them.
Even inside Buckingham palace, there is surely a girl that will bill you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by phemmyfour: 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2023
AllBlack:

So in the whole SA there are no demanding women? I mean with respect their economy and all the benefits from their government. I lived in SA for 2 years and I came in contact with all types of women because I worked with them.
Even inside Buckingham palace, there is surely a girl that will bill you.
I m talking from experience...you should try and do the same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Sleeping With My Brother In Law / 50-Year-Old Nigerian Shares Her Regrets About Her Parents Sending Her Abroad / Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.