Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love (51029 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! / Is IVF The Only Way Out??? (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Vision101(m): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
Mr man strive to make good money 🤑 and take good care of your woman. Who doesn't like good thing?

There's no pride in being broke. Some of you broke men go for rich women. Stop lamenting.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by vickydevoka(m): 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2023
Offpointng:

Read my last paragraph again sad
Ok. Highness no gree me
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by vickydevoka(m): 11:58pm On Aug 24, 2023
Offpointng:

Read my last paragraph again sad
If you make money u can hardly love n you can hardly find true love

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by jimcaddy(m): 12:13am On Aug 25, 2023
This cannot stop because you see the country we find ourselves in has effed up our minds mentally. Many Nigerians are psychologically effed up. I won't blame us, it's the situation of the country. We see everything as opportunity to get something out of someone. The poverty level in Nigeria is so high, despite the resources that this nation has. Nigerians shouldn't be going through hardship like this. Other countries who don't have up to half of the resources we have are doing way better than us. It's a sad reality we find ourselves. It's so hard to date these days that it's better you either do "friends with benefits" or just stay single for life. Every Nigerian woman is wired the same way with their thinking. It's so sad honestly. But like I said it's poverty/ hardship mindset that has affected us all.. in the UK, who do you want to use money to impress? When almost everyone can afford the basics for themselves. Segggz is also not cheap abroad like it is in Nigeria. You can't just give anyone money and knack her aboard unless say na hooker. But in Nigeria, even good girls that can from decent families don turn hooker finish. It's a scourge, a serious one.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by WoroSeeWoro(m): 6:40am On Aug 25, 2023
Revolva:

True but a Nigerian girl.will leave ur sorry asz for no good reason without looking at what you have done for her

They are not good creatures these days

One i scope just 3 days ago at a bar , she served me drink the next day don de say make i buy her fone, so pathetic with her , why are some gals just senseless

pathethic creatures

That is why @angrygoat @womenareapezz @savedday2 and @strongalphmale advises us to beware of nigerian girls they are all uselesss

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Breadnote: 6:48am On Aug 25, 2023
It happens everywhere, not js Nigeria. It is a general mindset of women all over the world.especially poor women.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by KingLennon(m): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2023
[quote author=Kemadealadire post=125327757]For God so love the world, HE gave
He gave his son to the both man and woman and not only to the men. So the woman too must give...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by KingLennon(m): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2023

He gave his son to the both man and woman and not only to the men. So the woman too must give...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by KingLennon(m): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2023

He gave his son to both men and women and not only to the men. So the woman too must give...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by DaddyCoool: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
♧■●¥₩£€●You choose to see it that way does not remove from the fact that it is a transactional interaction nonetheless. In both cases, deals are reached by those involved. undecided

Not true AT ALL. The first type there is no quid pro quo - the recipient of the meal is under no obligation to do anything. Not everything is transactional. Just the other day I tricked a beggar into thinking he found a substantial amount of money which I intentionally dropped. Straight charity - no transaction involved whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by DaddyCoool: 9:25am On Aug 25, 2023
jimcaddy:
in the UK, who do you want to use money to impress? When almost everyone can afford the basics for themselves. Sex is also not cheap abroad like it is in Nigeria.

You obviously haven't lived in the inner ghetto. Same thing obtains wherever there is poverty and want
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by benqo01(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
And how many men give this commitment you speak of? undecided

Tell me how many women wants commitment all dey want is a man that will buy them gift,give them money that is their love language dey re too blind to see!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Awesome01(m): 9:52am On Aug 25, 2023
Lordbinsmar:

But guys and ladies gain one or two things from the relationship. You have to understand the dynamics of relationship. For a guy maybe safe sex, emotional support etc depending on the type of guy. For a lady money, protection etc depending on the type of lady involved.

Life itself is a business, nobody does anything in this life without been beneficial.

If you feel you are againing nothing from a relationship you better quit unless you are stupid enough to be used by others.

Your reasoning is good but based on the topic of the thread, is it proper for ladies to monetize affection?

Like you said, both genders gain from the relationship. That means mutual benefits. So why the materialistic monetary burden on the guy? That is the question.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by TheVictorious(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2023
AllBlack:

And let me tell you again. Even rich babes & guys look into prospects, social & financial status, social benefits and other factors when relationship or even sex is involved. The demand might be indirect or bit-by-bit but it will happen.
You think wealth equivocal to behaviour? think again. It is just like saying kids from rich homes don't steal or lie. It is a behavioural trait.

Like I said before, not all females (and even males) are so materialistic or focused on benefits in relationships. It all depends. And if you find yourself with a demanding person and it doesn't work for you, then there is option to leave rather than complain.

Case closed.

The other guy was right. Do you know what Maslow's hierarchy is?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by DaddyCoool: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2023
jayAjoku:
okay o If you will do what I tell you on your own no wahala just google Stanley Kubrick, now after that I want you to go to YouTube and watch footage of the original moon landings now watch it with the knowledge that there’s no air in space and the suns light is traveling 93 million miles to reach earth then ask why all of space is dark when you can see stars from the earth ask yourself while watching o , when you see the part where they are using a rover on the moon ask yourself why the dust on the moon doesn’t float it just falls back to the ground knowing there’s no air in space . I sha know you won’t do it you will just reply me with one nonsense again and YouTube is on your phone o
ruzell86

What I don't understand about people like you is that you'll ignore all real experts and things starring you in the face and instead focus on some nonsense some kook posts on YouTube.
Russia was in a breakneck competition with US who'd get to the moon first. They have never ever even hinted the moon landing could have been fake. Neither did China.. They took their defeat gamely.
No real EXPERT in such things (including Elon Musk) has ever even hinted the moon landing could have been fake. Always some kook on YouTube with points that have long been debunked! Get your head out of YouTube conspiracy theories so you won't be making a fool of yiurself!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by AllBlack: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2023
TheVictorious:

The other guy was right. Do you know what Maslow's hierarchy is?

Please tell me that Maslow's principle only applies to Nigerian women or that it is not obtainable in other countries (or environments) with respect to their economy and IMMEDIATE present situation of the subject.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkiee: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
benqo01:
â–  Tell me how many women wants commitment all dey want is a man that will buy them gift,give them money that is their love language dey re too blind to see!!!!
Kai! See as useless preprogramming don destroy this one abeg! So, none of the millions of women out there wants or desires commitment because the handful of women whom you targeted and chased rejected you? undecided

If this is what is still obtainable as far as reasoning at this point... which way Nigeria ooo. undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkiee: 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
DaddyCoool:
â–  Not true AT ALL. The first type there is no quid pro quo - the recipient of the meal is under no obligation to do anything. Not everything is transactional. Just the other day I tricked a beggar into thinking he found a substantial amount of money which I intentionally dropped. Straight charity - no transaction involved whatsoever.
undecided
DaddyCoool:
It is NOT about the sex, it is about the payment. There is a huge difference between preparing a nice meal for your neighbor in hopes of later borrowing his lawn mower, and asking him if he'd lend you his lawn mower in exchange for a nice meal!
The first took a risk and made an investment with the hope it would pay out in the future. If the neighbor refuses to reciprocate, does that change the fact that the one who offered him the meal hoped for a meaningful transaction to follow? undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by jayAjoku(m): 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
DaddyCoool:

What I don't understand about people like you is that you'll ignore all real experts and things starring you in the face and instead focus on some nonsense some kook posts on YouTube.
Russia was in a breakneck competition with US who'd get to the moon first. They have never ever even hinted the moon landing could have been fake. Neither did China.. They took their defeat gamely.
No real EXPERT in such things (including Elon Musk) has ever even hinted the moon landing could have been fake. Always some kook on YouTube with points that have long been debunked! Get your head out of YouTube conspiracy theories so you won't be making a fool of yiurself!
I agree I no wan argue with you
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by TheVictorious(m): 1:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
AllBlack:

Please tell me that Maslow's principle only applies to Nigerian women or that it is not obtainable in other countries (or environments) with respect to their economy and IMMEDIATE the present situation of the subject.

You still don't get the drift. The majority of those in poor countries are stuck below the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy, and hence interpret everything in life in terms of its ability to meet their existential needs (food, shelter, and clothing). And yes there are people who are that poor in developed countries too, but they are not a good representation of the bigger population at all.

Now to strike the balance between you and the other commenter, I have dated someone before who did everything possible to prove she "loved" me and won me over. I would soon realize deep into our commitment that she was leaving the option open, hoping that any random "richer" dude could come to take my place. Of course, this hurt me and I had to remove myself, as I didn't want to be one of her options, or bring myself down to being judged by material things that just anyone can get. That saved the friendship, and as we remained friends and continued to interact over time, I would later understand where she stands from a point of empathy... this person came from a village in Imo state (as a nurse) to hustle in Lagos and uplift the condition of her family - who (unreasonably) depended on her for almost everything. And so LOVE in its real meaning hardly existed in her reality. In fact, something as basic as the love of parenting (where children should find their first real love) was never experienced by people like her. Most of the care they got from their very own parents was bargained, and it's especially worse for female children in such a situation, as they are warned every day from an early age while being "cared-for" that they are a commodity which a future male suitor will buy and payback for. Albeit, these things are never said directly.

On this realization, I continued to support her with food (as much as I had, whenever I did have) - what she needed the relationship for. She, on the other hand, I noticed that she continued to "love" and accept "love" from everywhere she could find it. A year down the line, she got pregnant for someone and confided in a mutual (female) friend of ours whom she was at the time close to that she wasn't sure whether it was the guy who sponsored her to Lagos or someone else who flew her for a trip to PH that was responsible, but she settled for someone sha. And lol, that was when I further realized that it was even another man who promised her (and her family) marriage that even sponsored her to Lagos in the first place. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by DaddyCoool: 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
undecided The first took a risk and made an investment with the hope it would pay out in the future. If the neighbor refuses to reciprocate, does that change the fact that the one who offered him the meal hoped for a meaningful transaction to follow? undecided

So it is same to you if a girl has sex with you because she "loves" you and enjoys sex with you, then later asks if you'd lend her 20K; compared to a girl charging 10K for 15 minutes of sex?? If they are both same to you, then u r really weird!
As I've told you, there's transactional, then there's TRANSACTIONAL!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkiee: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
DaddyCoool:
â–  So it is same to you if a girl has sex with you because she "loves" you and enjoys sex with you, then later asks if you'd lend her 20K; compared to a girl charging 10K for 15 minutes of sex?? If they are both same to you, then u r really weird!
As I've told you, there's transactional, then there's TRANSACTIONAL!
Look, we pretend all these are somehow different so we can feel good with whatever delusion we subscribe to. The fact is the very sexual instruments and hormones are employed in both cases so whatever differences we claim exists between the two acts are not based on evidence but ideas and ideas/beliefs are subjective. undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by DaddyCoool: 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Look, we pretend all these are somehow different so we can feel good with whatever delusion we subscribe to. The fact is the very sexual instruments and hormones are employed in both cases so whatever differences we claim exists between the two acts are not based on evidence but ideas and ideas/beliefs are subjective. undecided

There is nothing subjective about the difference of a girl ENJOYING sex with you partly with hopes of later getting money, and a girl briskly selling sex to you and watching the clock while at it! There is a world of difference between the two if you are a normal hetero male!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkiee: 5:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
DaddyCoool:
â–  There is nothing subjective about the difference of a girl ENJOYING sex with you partly with hopes of later getting money, and a girl briskly selling sex to you and watching the clock while at it! There is a world of difference between the two if you are a normal hetro male!
Like I said, the difference you insert between those two transactions depends on the pill wey you dey swallow at any given point in time.. undecided

It is the same for most everything. A woman having sex with her husband and a woman having sex with a stranger.....na the same sexual organs and orgasms all of them fit get, just they each choose to interpret the encounter differently based on delusions at work. undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by DaddyCoool: 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Like I said, the difference you insert between those two transactions depends on the pill wey you dey swallow at any given point in time.. undecided

It is the same for most everything. A woman having sex with her husband and a woman having sex with a stranger.....na the same sexual organs and orgasms all of them fit get, just they each choose to interpret the encounter differently based on delusions at work. undecided

Everybody knows sex is more than sexual orgasms - ugly or deformed women have exactly same sexual organs! It is NOT subjective the difference between a girl moaning for more and a girl watching the clock and complaining you should hurry up!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkiee: 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
DaddyCoool:
â–  Everybody knows sex is more than sexual orgasms - ugly or deformed women have exactly same sexual organs! It is NOT subjective the difference between a girl moaning for more and a girl watching the clock and complaining you should hurry up!
Is there a particular reason why you feel their is gain is trying to get me to see this through your particular decision/religion at this point? undecided

Most everything in this world -- including those who like to believe have value---- are meaningless to begin with. The value/meanings we give them comes from the particular delusion/religion/ideology we hold dear at any given point in time. You realize this and you will see this for what it truly is. undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by jimcaddy(m): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
DaddyCoool:

You obviously haven't lived in the inner ghetto. Same thing obtains wherever there is poverty and want
I understand but Nigeria's poverty rate is so high. Every situation is an opportunity to make money.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by DaddyCoool: 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Is there a particular reason why you feel their is gain is trying to get me to see this through your particular decision/religion at this point? undecided

Most everything in this world -- including those who like to believe have value---- are meaningless to begin with. The value/meanings we give them comes from the particular delusion/religion/ideology we hold dear at any given point in time. You realize this and you will see this for what it truly is. undecided

Why would I try to convince someone who chooses to NOT live in the real world about anything? In the REAL world there is a HUGE difference between the two scenarios. Only in the world in your head are they the same!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Kobojunkiee: 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
DaddyCoool:
â–  Why would I try to convince someone who chooses to NOT live in the real world about anything? In the REAL world there is a HUGE difference between the two scenarios. Only in the world in your head are they the same!
LOL....the real world undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
jimcaddy:
This cannot stop because you see the country we find ourselves in has effed up our minds mentally. Many Nigerians are psychologically effed up. I won't blame us, it's the situation of the country. We see everything as opportunity to get something out of someone. The poverty level in Nigeria is so high, despite the resources that this nation has. Nigerians shouldn't be going through hardship like this. Other countries who don't have up to half of the resources we have are doing way better than us. It's a sad reality we find ourselves. It's so hard to date these days that it's better you either do "friends with benefits" or just stay single for life. Every Nigerian woman is wired the same way with their thinking. It's so sad honestly. But like I said it's poverty/ hardship mindset that has affected us all.. in the UK, who do you want to use money to impress? When almost everyone can afford the basics for themselves. Segggz is also not cheap abroad like it is in Nigeria. You can't just give anyone money and knack her aboard unless say na hooker. But in Nigeria, even good girls that can from decent families don turn hooker finish. It's a scourge, a serious one.

Aptly Written.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2023
englishmart:
When a Nigerian woman complains that she doesn't get good men as suitors, what they're saying in effect is that they're not getting rich suitors.
They are all able-bodied parasites.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dancebreaker:

In any clime without social welfare system and there is rampant economic insecurity, relationship is transactional. It's business and everything else is secondary or a bonus.
The bolded will be difficult because women are overwhelmingly economically worse off. It's about survival.

However, women with enough income can lead the way. We have to be realistic.

The problem now is even most well off ladies still feel entitled to a guy's money, irrespective of his pocket strength.

The Bolded is a Pipe Dream in Nigeria.

There are many Greedy Rich/Working Class Women in Nigeria who wouldn't touch an average or poor guy with a long feet pole.

They do rather die single if they can't find someone higher in Status than them.

The System is Absolutely DEAD!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Sleeping With My Brother In Law / 50-Year-Old Nigerian Shares Her Regrets About Her Parents Sending Her Abroad / Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.