Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? (54940 Views)

Different Types Of Girls When They Are Visiting A Guy For The First Time. / In Case This Happens What Will You Do? / As A Lady If You Sponsor A Date And This Happens, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by jaksmillioniar: 11:16am On Oct 28, 2023
Samantha124:
I will sit and wait to be served because I don't know what she's cooking and how she's cooking it.

It'll only seem disrespectful of me being a new guest, but already being too forward and all over the place... But I can help her with washing the dishes afterwards.
south animal no man can marry u wit dis mentality. U think ur mum in law will accept dat is she ur slave dat u sat and wait dat she serve u
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Dennisochampa: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2023
It depends on who you are...
Joining his mother to cook doesn't mean you will make a good wife.
Not joining her to cook doesn't mean you will make a bad wife.
If you're comfortable with the setting and you feel like you want to join, do it....
If not, maintain your space unless she invites you.
No do pass yourself.
You fit cook for the whole family make them still no like you....
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by RALPHOW(m): 11:20am On Oct 28, 2023
As an African lady, the right thing I to join her in the kitchen. Even if you are not his son's lover ( just a casual friend), african courtesy demands that you support an elder.
If I vist my girl friend for the first time and meet her Dad doing anything, I will definitely support him as a young African man with home training.

1 Like

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by albert2512: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2023
illicit:
As the guy I won't let her do such

And if my mum raised it, I will tell her she wanted to but I didn't allow it.

She's meant to meet my family not to cook for them, my mother has always been doing the cooking.

If I should follow her to their own house,I met her father doing some stuff, am I obliged to join him?

I am not

Goodluck in your marriage. Hmmmm....
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by JimD(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2023
See all these simpsons forming woke. A wise girl herself will volunteer to help her fiance's mom in the kitchen. If she doesn't, a wise mother inlaw wouldn't castigate her. But for the guy, a girl that just sits down and waits for your mother to serve her, first time or not, prolly lacks good home training.

1 Like

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by ThatCEO: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2023
Samantha124:
I will sit and wait to be served because I don't know what she's cooking and how she's cooking it.

It'll only seem disrespectful of me being a new guest, but already being too forward and all over the place... But I can help her with washing the dishes afterwards.

mrstwrite

You can at least join her in the kitchen and gist, whether you choose to actively participate in d cooking should not be forced on you. While my mother won't make you to do anything, she will at appreciate the courtesy of you having you around.

I will do the same too if I saw your dad changing the car fluid or mowing the lawn because I enjoy those things on a normal.

That aside, the rate of laziness among so called modern women calls for a national emergency.

1 Like

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by remiopash: 11:28am On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

As a lady your boyfriend took u to his family house for the first time and u met her mother cooking, are you suppose to join her in the kitchen or u seat as a visitor and allow her to finish the cooking and serve u ?
Remember it's the first time meeting the family
She can do eye service.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by DOM7: 11:28am On Oct 28, 2023
No fix answer, that is it depends...
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by nzoptunechi(m): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2023
[quote author=Dangrace01 Join her in the kitchen. African mothers always use this to test their son's girlfriend.[color=#006600][/color]

That's ya mom not African mothers .
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Emyogalanya: 11:30am On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
I will personally insist she doesn't do anything sha.
no one takes a hit and run girl home to see his family . Her has finished his assesment , this is the final test where Elders see what children cannot see while situing down . And you my friend want her to fail the final test of M(ORALS) ? Thou art wicked
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Authoreety: 11:32am On Oct 28, 2023
pansophist:
As a boyfriend, you visited your girlfriend's parent for the first time, and met them arguing with the carpenter that they still owe him 20k for his workmanship.

Should the boyfriend pay the 20k, or not?

Heping in the kitchen won't remove anything from the girls body but paying 20k could make a hole in your pocket, that is if it doesn't even hijack the whole pocket

cheesy grin wink smiley
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by tianshie(m): 11:34am On Oct 28, 2023
Is the house a two-room apartment abi wetin? Mummy go dey cook for west wing me and babe dey for South wing. Kitchen far.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Govocrete: 11:36am On Oct 28, 2023
It would be wise to approach the mother in the kitchen and say "Is there anything, I can help with in the kitchen?

The mother will diffenayely say no.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 11:37am On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

As a lady your boyfriend took u to his family house for the first time and u met her mother cooking, are you suppose to join her in the kitchen or u seat as a visitor and allow her to finish the cooking and serve u ?

Old school that shît doesn’t happen or matters anymore.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by LordReed(m): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

Ask if she would like some help. Not everyone wants strangers in their kitchen.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Elsueno: 11:39am On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

You should make an effort to help....obviously she would turn it down.

It doesn’t even if have to be ur mother in law, Any home u visit & see thier parents doing a chores..Try & help out( dis applies to both male or female).
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2023
My mother and my family can not enlsave my girl friend.

My Dad didn't allow it on my mum, so I won't allow it on my girl too
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by LoveJesus87(m): 11:41am On Oct 28, 2023
illicit:

She's meant to meet my family not to cook for them, my mother has always been doing the cooking.

If I should follow her to their own house,I met her father doing some stuff, am I obliged to join him?

I am not
ur thinking on this matter is so shallow mehn like seriously grin grin
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Elsueno: 11:42am On Oct 28, 2023
pansophist:
As a boyfriend, you visited your girlfriend's parent for the first time, and met them arguing with the carpenter that they still owe him 20k for his workmanship.

No, u should try and help settle d dispute...later, if u have d financial muscles to help, U can ask ur girl, IF ITS OK TO PAY THAT 20K...then help out, otherwise mine ur own business
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Shollez(m): 11:44am On Oct 28, 2023
illicit:

I am not
Which mean you're deceiving the lady cos,nothing wrong for her in helping Elderly women even, Been her in law or not
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by zoedew: 11:45am On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

JOIN HER IN THE KITCHEN TO HELP OUT. IF SHE INSISTS THAT YOU BE THE GUEST YOU ARE STILL HANG AROUND THE KITCHEN AND FIND SMALL TALK WITH THE MAN WHO INVITED YOU. I EXPECT HE WILL BE THERE FOR YOU TO KEEP THE TALK GOING ON SMOOTHLY.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Error401: 11:46am On Oct 28, 2023
I will ask her to join in the cooking, my mom is so humble I 100 percent sure she wouldnt allow her cook!

englishmart:
I will personally insist she doesn't do anything sha.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Error401: 11:48am On Oct 28, 2023
First impression lasts longer, you should at least try to do it. Most mothers wont allow you being the first time, but respect is reciprocal.
This is only in respect to my tribe, Most yoruba mothers will give you that honor for the first time, they wont allow you else you insist.But you will gain the respect for trying

Puss360:
In as much as I am the girlfriend of her son, to her, I am a visitor, coming to her house for the first time... she should cook and serve me....
Then we talk Nd familiarise ourselves...
On my next coming, I can then see if I can assist her in doing anything I can do
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by udemzyudex(m): 11:49am On Oct 28, 2023
For the first time, you act like a visitor.

No go dey do eye service.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Ten06(m): 11:52am On Oct 28, 2023
Being the first time you don't do anything at all, you first sit and watch and take time to study everything about them.

If you rush into activities by helping, you will make so many mistakes that will be used to gossip when you have gone
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Sermwell(m): 11:55am On Oct 28, 2023
pansophist:

This is how you fail a simple exam!! Is this the answer to the OP's question??
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2023
Samantha124:

Dear Samantha,

Sit and wait to be served like a queen, right?
Are you even married or don't want to be married?
I see! You only want to be married to your cats.
Please, take the initiative.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Myer(m): 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2023
illicit:

This is a good point.
But as a Nigerian, she better offer to cook for your mom and you better offer to assist/join the father to win good points.

Both cases show a sign of responsibility which parents want to see before being able to trust you and commit their child to you.

Some have however abused this so you have to be sensitive about it.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Exceed15: 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2023
She's a visitor and should be treated as one.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by wallarwallar(m): 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2023
As a sensible and well trained lady u join her but l'm sure she might just tell you not to worry and if she want you to do d cooking along with her nothing is wrong dere just carry body u no go die and dat first impression wud go a long way abt ur relationahip. Anyway me l no like lazy lady especially wen it come 2 cooking. If u no sabi cook u no go even reach my family house be4 we scatter
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Onucs(m): 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2023
Dangrace01:
Join her in the kitchen. African mothers always use this to test their son's girlfriend.

Not for the first please
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by KarinaSlim(f): 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2023
Stupid post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Confusion As Bayelsa Girl Child Gets Two ‘faces’ Nengi And Ebizi / Groom Passionately Kisses His Bride On Their Wedding Day. Photo / Toasting According To Profession (See How To Toast)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.