Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? (54828 Views)

Different Types Of Girls When They Are Visiting A Guy For The First Time. / In Case This Happens What Will You Do? / As A Lady If You Sponsor A Date And This Happens, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by englishmart(m): 7:19am On Sep 30, 2023
Mature mind only

As a lady your boyfriend took u to his family house for the first time and u met her mother cooking, are you suppose to join her in the kitchen or u seat as a visitor and allow her to finish the cooking and serve u ?
Remember it's the first time meeting the family

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by englishmart(m): 7:19am On Sep 30, 2023
I will personally insist she doesn't do anything sha.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Dangrace01: 7:21am On Sep 30, 2023
Join her in the kitchen. African mothers always use this to test their son's girlfriend.

339 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by illicit(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2023
As the guy I won't let her do such

And if my mum raised it, I will tell her she wanted to but I didn't allow it.

She's meant to meet my family not to cook for them, my mother has always been doing the cooking.

If I should follow her to their own house,I met her father doing some stuff, am I obliged to join him?

I am not

470 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by MrsTwrite(f): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2023
There's no need to do busy body for the first time. Perhaps you can take the plates to the kitchen after meal.

255 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Fahvvy: 7:30am On Sep 30, 2023
Depends on how serious the relationship is undecided...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by JASONjnr(m): 7:32am On Sep 30, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

As a lady your boyfriend took u to his family house for the first time and u met her mother cooking, are you suppose to join her in the kitchen or u seat as a visitor and allow her to finish the cooking and serve u ?

Nigeria makes very inconvenient traditions and it used to work for them back then.

These days it doesn't matter if the lady choses to join in the kitchen or not.

My mother wouldn't allow my woman on her first visit to join in the kitchen. More so, if she chooses to do so, we might just see her to be a pretender.

The best way is to be yourself. If the mother-in-law to be wants you in the kitchen, the lady should do so, it wouldn't take anything away from her.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Puss360(f): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2023
In as much as I am the girlfriend of her son, to her, I am a visitor, coming to her house for the first time... she should cook and serve me....
Then we talk Nd familiarise ourselves...
On my next coming, I can then see if I can assist her in doing anything I can do

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2023
How about if she doesn't know how to cook?

It's barbaric to allow such thing hian

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2023
I will sit and wait to be served because I don't know what she's cooking and how she's cooking it.

It'll only seem disrespectful of me being a new guest, but already being too forward and all over the place... But I can help her with washing the dishes afterwards.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 30, 2023
Maybe your mother does it, but not all African mothers do it.
Dangrace01:
Join her in the kitchen. African mothers always use this to test their son's girlfriend.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Boogyman557: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2023
Holly Gram cool No be say some no go like help but 78% of Nigerian girls of this GENERATION no sabi cook..

Before pesin go add sugar inside PEPPER SOUP..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2023
Here to read combatants' comments.
Awon eyan tradition.

1 Like

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Agricmoney(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2023
At first, she wouldn't be allowed to join in taking care of the dishes but with frequent visitation she can only if she wants to but instead I would wash it myself( I have washed plate as an adult in different occasions so I see it as nothing especially doing it in my family's home).

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

3 Likes

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by immortalcrown(m): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2023
A first-time visitor as a girl the guy's parents already know as their son's fiancee or as a girlfriend unknown to the parents?

If his parents already know her as his fiancée before the first visit, the girl should join the boy's mother in the kitchen. But if his mother insists on doing the cooking alone, the girl should not insist on participating in the task.

The poster left out some necessary details. Commenters above me failed to asked for those details. Na so una dey answer questions or judge matters wey una no understand. The commenters above sound as if all first-time visitors are the same. Who the girl is to both the boy and his parents determines what is advisable for her to do. Some first-time visitors are more familiar or connected than regular visitors. Do not base your judgement on the fact that she is visiting for the first time.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by pansophist(m): 8:55am On Sep 30, 2023
As a boyfriend, you visited your girlfriend's parent for the first time, and met them arguing with the carpenter that they still owe him 20k for his workmanship.

Should the boyfriend pay the 20k, or not?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Dangrace01: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2023
Samantha124:
Maybe your mother does it, but not all African mothers do it.

South African girl shut your mouth.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Mhizzard(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2023
illicit:
As the guy I won't let her do anything

She's meant to meet my family not to cook for them, my mother has always been doing the cooking.

If I should follow her to their own house,I met her father doing some stuff, am I obliged to join him?

I am not
why don't you apply same logic bro.her dad too have been doing the stuff before you come as a suitor
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by illicit(m): 9:24am On Sep 30, 2023
Mhizzard:

why don't you apply same logic bro.her dad too have been doing the stuff before you come as a suitor
I won't join him
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Mhizzard(m): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2023
illicit:
I won't join him
lol you be bhad guy.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by eclatante: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2023
I won't allow my girl to join the kitchen on the first visit.

But she can help out with a few things. Like setting the dishes for serving.

1 Like

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 30, 2023
Come and make me... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dangrace01:

South African girl shut your mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by VinnyBaba: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2023
The Girl should Join in the Kitchen.

Simple COMMON sense. 🤨🙂

2 Likes

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Nairalander248: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

Offer to help, Except they say otherwise

7 Likes

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Ariketolu: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2023
Ever irrepressible. I hope I met you someday kiss
Samantha124:
Come and make me... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Brandiebird: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2023
Whenever I’m at anyone’s home and they are busy, I ask if there’s anything I could do. Courtesy demands you offer to help and leave the rest to your host.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by GeneralPula: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2023
illicit:
As the guy I won't let her do anything

I am not
Dey play..

So easy to say on social media but reality is always different..

A reasonable girl won’t even listen to you..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Nonexisting1: 10:44am On Sep 30, 2023
Make she go wash put inside the food and have the whole family simp for her. Kings, never give them access to your family's foods. Don't say you are not warned.

14 Likes

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Exceed15: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2023
First time, No! . It shows desperation. My mom won't even allow her.

2 Likes

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by samwash(m): 10:54am On Sep 30, 2023
She's just a visitor, it's not necessary for her to join the woman in the kitchen, me as the boyfriend I wouldn't let her do it either even if she insist.
Unless maybe na ceremony cooking she fit join.

3 Likes

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Greystone: 10:59am On Sep 30, 2023
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Tylerbreeze(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2023
No, I won't allow my girlfriend to do that , my mum will feel she's desperate.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

22 Hidden Signs Of A Gay Nigerian Man / I Tested Her With A Small Slap Before Our Wedding And She Called It Off - Man / When A Girl Keeps Changing Boyfriends Like Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.