Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,068 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why Are You Getting Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are You Getting Married? (4832 Views)

What Are You Getting Your Boyfriend/Husband On Val's Day? / What Are You Getting Your Girlfriend/wife On Val's Day? / Who Is Your Val And What Are You Getting For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by MyneWhite1(f): 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2011
claremont:

Marriage is the most over-rated and over-hyped concept in these modern times. The funny thing is that the reasons people give for wanting to get married can as well be achieved without being married in the first place, so therein lies how bloody ridiculous the whole thing seems to sound.

Can you explain?
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by AmakaG29(f): 12:08am On Oct 23, 2011
Marriage is good so saith the lord.
I'm so fabulous I need to share it with someone.
I believe in love, commitment, and happiness.
I want my children to have two loving and supportive parents.
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by purplekayc(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2011
what sort of question is this?
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 23, 2011
I'm not.

So many unsuccessful marriages nowadays. Better a less committed relationship.
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by pkv(m): 8:44am On Oct 23, 2011
Me?get married?throwaway my sanity.i am outta here
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by harakiri(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2011
Getting married? I seriously doubt that. I've sat myself down and tried to think up one reason why I should get married and found none :

(1)I'm not religious and definitely don't believe the "marriage is ordained by god" slogan. If it was,there would be no heartbreaks,seperations or divorces. Marriage is ordained by the government and that is why you sign a legal binding contract called "Marriage certificate".

(2)I am happier being single. I don't need a "better half" coz I'm complete.

(3)I need my sanity. I cannot live the rest of my life yielding to the whims of a lady all because I want the marriage to "work". I cannot live on the edge all because of her conflicting emotions e.g she's happy with you one minute and the next minute,she hates you so much to the point of wishing you dead.

(4)"Love" fades and when the attraction is gone, all that remains is pretense,tolerance and perserverance all the name of keeping face for the public and kids.

(5)It's one thing to be cheated on during the dating phase but when that happens after all the document signing,big wedding and kids, that's ugly. Thing is,it's more common than people think. If married men knew what their wives did behind their backs, I doubt if there would more than 10% of marriages remaining intact.

(6)I can have all the sex I want without tieing myself down to one woman who might probably think she can manipulate me by denying me sex all because she wants me to bend to her will. Why would I want to put myself through that? If there's anything I hate the most, it's being toyed with.

(7)I can have all the kids I want without marriage.

All these being said, why would I want to be married? To please society? To appear "responsible"? To "fit in"? HELL NO! I'm way past caring about such insecurities.

Nuff said!
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by Mobinga: 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'm not.

So many unsuccessful marriages nowadays. Better a less committed relationship.

PLEASE I BEG YOU DON'T!!

grin

You would probably get divorced after 6 months anyway, after he sees you becoming fatter than you[b] already are[/b], plus that your nasty attitude. You never even stood a chance.
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by guycraze: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2011
2 hav a family. bco havin a family is gud nd another way of building a sociaty.
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 24, 2011
the main reason most naija babes dey marrry be say dem wan dey the bobo house dey eat all im food grin
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2011
I am not getting any younger
Re: Why Are You Getting Married? by shumno(f): 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
God said, it is not good for the man to be alone so He created an help meet for the man. God ordained marriage that is why I married.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Fat Ladies Mostly Sidetracked In Relationships? / Desperate Guys Everywhere I Look. / Nairaland. ... My Baby Has Come! Name Chosen On NL.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.