Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? (7262 Views)

They Told Me To Join A Cult If I Must Become Governor - Labaran Maku / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Warning Nairaland Youths: Before You Join TAN And Loose Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
grafikii:

even in the us, the occupy

You need to at least have a good idea what you are revolting against. So @Poster, here is the question, What are we to revolt against? Be Specific please.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2011
poverty
corruption
mis management
unemployment
no direction for the future
police killings
electricity( we dont have light yet they increased tarrif)
bad roads ( poeple die everyday)
the list is endless, i am sure lybia and co don't even have half of the reasons.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2011
i meant libya
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2011
i meant libya
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Beaf: 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2011
^
So what is stopping you, Charlie?
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2011
grafikii:

poverty
corruption
mis management
unemployment
no direction for the future
police killings
electricity( we dont have light yet they increased tarrif)
bad roads ( poeple die everyday)
the list is endless, i am sure lybia and co don't even have half of the reasons.

You ruin your argument when you attempt to throw others under the bus for no reason at all. If you go back to the beginning, Libyas started out demanding democracy, and they went on until they got rid of the obstacle in their way.

You want to revolt against all you have on your list. Pick one and maybe focus on telling us WHY we should care. What do you think can be achieved by revolting in the manner you think(making sure to consider the many Nigerian factors that have contributed to the failure of similar protests in the past.).
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2011
so what is the occupy wall street about? is it just one issue
tunisia was about rising food prices, poor government, unemployment and so on
same goes for egypy
same for yemen
pls enlighten me
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2011
grafikii:

so what is the occupy wall street about? is it just one issue
tunisia was about rising food prices, poor government, unemployment and so on
same goes for egypy
same for yemen
pls enlighten me

You are kidding me?  shocked You are asking people if they would join a revolution, but you think yemen, libya, egypt, tunisia, occupy wall street were all one and the same??
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2011
i mentioned tunisia, yemen, egypt as same i mention us seperately but which ever way you view it, these are people questioning their rulers and institutions. what do u suggest we do? sit watch and pray
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2011
You are the one asking if we will revolt. I ask what exactly we will be revolting against, why, and what we intend to accomplish and HOW?
Just jumping on the bandwagon simply ain't gonna change anything. Those in Washington revolting . . . the 99% as they claim, are still better than 99% of people in much of Africa, Tunisia, etc. So, we need to be sure we are doing it for the right reasons, and we are willing to do what needs to be done to achieve these goals we set for ourselves.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2011
now we are getting on the same page, my initial post was (i have been thinking of this, are we ready, what would be
the out come. let know your opinion) i asked for opinion not membership, it funny how we complain everyday about this and that but when called out we pretend as all is well
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2011
Well, I can definitely tell you that I will not engage in revolting for the sake of revolting. This should me more than just about a fad, or some need for individuals to think that by simply registering, they have already achieved change.

I would rather people keep to complaining than making half-arsed efforts at change simply because others are doing it.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2011
i would like to ask
do u think nigeria need to change
do u think these leaders can give us that change
should we just waot n watch as we have done since the 70s
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2011
I believe Nigeria will only Change when Nigerians are ready for it to. The Country had a chance, less than 6 months ago to have that change and what the masses chose is what you have today. I think you should start by wrapping your mind around that fact. And them come up with better questions.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2011
alright then, 2015 it is, we will sit, watch and pray. good discuss though
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kobojunkie: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You ruin your argument when you attempt to throw others under the bus for no reason at all. If you go back to the beginning, Libyas started out demanding democracy, and they went on until they got rid of the obstacle in their way.

[size=13pt]You want to revolt against all you have on your list. Pick one and maybe focus on telling us WHY we should care. What do you think can be achieved by revolting in the manner you think(making sure to consider the many Nigerian factors that have contributed to the failure of similar protests in the past.).[/size]

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2011
We could start with those overpaid cretins at the national Assembly
Corruption.
Blatant election fraud
Bad roads
EFCC Untouchables i.e Babangida,Obasanjo and co.
Security
Bureaucracy
contract inflation et al.

But knowing Nigerians, we only protest when its about fuel price or our wages.  undecided
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by dinah777: 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2011
Am all for it anytime,anyday.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by EzeUche(m): 1:51am On Oct 23, 2011
Igbos will never join a revolution because we know one group will talk out of both sides of their mouth.

The same group that did nothing when one of their sons, Abiola was languishing in jail.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 8:07am On Oct 23, 2011
true talk
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by PointB: 8:20am On Oct 23, 2011
@Topic,
If it's about corruption, no prob. We can start with an 'Occupy Lagos' protest until Tinubu refunds all the money he stole from Lagos Treasury. Then we can move to Abuja and ask that Buhari be jailed for inciting the massacre of Youth Corpers and other innocent Nigerians post elections. Buoyed by the two important successes, we can then talk about others. Otherwise, you will walk alone!
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 9:55am On Oct 23, 2011
revolution is not about individuals my friend, this poeple you mentioned are they i government? smh
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by marcus1234: 10:02am On Oct 23, 2011
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by playmode(m): 11:02am On Oct 23, 2011
Only if i am allowed to head the Sniper Squad.I can train up to 50 guys to cut down these corrupt politicans from Abuja roof tops.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by PointB: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2011
grafikii:

revolution is not about individuals my friend, this poeple you mentioned are they i government? smh

Ok. Then wake me up, when it time for revolution against corrupt and evil individuals, my friend.

zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzh
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by omoalaro: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2011
Let us not pray for a revolution in Nigeria. It wont work.
In Egypt's Tahrir square, i saw only Egyptians demonstrating against the government.
In Libya's Green square, i saw only Libyans demonstrating against the government.
These were the reasons they succeeded.
If it happens in Nigeria, it will be hard to find a Nigerian at the Eagle Square, what you will find will be Yoruba, hausa, Ibo, Muslims, Christians et al.
The result will surely be genocide of unimaginable proportion that will make the Rwandan genocide a child's play.
Yes, it is sometimes true that fools are in the majority in many democracies and they will always win in elections. Let us continue to "purify" our democracy until we chase out the bad guys and continue to put pressure on our leaders to do the right thing.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2011
@omo nice words but, i haven't seen any pressuring our leaders, we just give them a free ride and in d end accept with open arms thier insults.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
grafikii:

true talk

Actually he lied. Ibos have protested with other groups on issues and continue to.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Gbenge77(m): 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2011
A million dollar question.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Beaf: 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
PointB:

@Topic,
If it's about corruption, no prob. We can start with an 'Occupy Lagos' protest until Tinubu refunds all the money he stole from Lagos Treasury. Then we can move to Abuja and ask that Buhari be jailed for inciting the massacre of Youth Corpers and other innocent Nigerians post elections. Buoyed by the two important successes, we can then talk about others. Otherwise, you will walk alone!

Word. cool
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by omoalaro: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2011
grafikii« #58 on: Today at 05:00:52 PM »

@omo nice words but, i haven't seen any pressuring our leaders, we just give them a free ride and in d end accept with open arms thier insults.

We had the chance last April, but because fools are sometimes in majority in a democracy, we choose what we have presently, we must live with it until next election. We can then try again (That is if the majority number of fools would have learnt their lessons and then reduced to minority). Right now, a revolution is not an option.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2011
omo alaro:

grafikii« #58 on: Today at 05:00:52 PM »

We had the chance last April, but because fools are sometimes in majority in a democracy, we choose what we have presently, we must live with it until next election. We can then try again (That is if the majority number of fools would have learnt their lessons and then reduced to minority). Right now, a revolution is not an option.

I disagree! While the MAJORITY did choose the current situation, that should not stop revolution in other areas where those who voted in the current situation back in, are at least willing to bend towards common sense.

The @poster gave a list of possible issues that the MAJORITY. Going at some, one can still come up with ways of avoiding the extremely sensitive areas around each of the ideas put forth, to get some of the MAJORITY to rally for change NOW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYA Demands Marilyn Ogar's Sack / Delta State Government Ban The Use Of Fireworks During Festive Season / NNPC Failed To Account For N102bn Oil Delivery To Refineries – Senate

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.