Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,749 members, 7,844,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? (7259 Views)

They Told Me To Join A Cult If I Must Become Governor - Labaran Maku / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Warning Nairaland Youths: Before You Join TAN And Loose Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by dadicvila(m): 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
forget tribal issues joh!who told u guys Egypt dont have christians and tribal divisions??if Nigerians have been pushed to the wall,we the youths can come out in mass and occupy certain Strategic Locations,Eagles Square{Matyr square},all it takes is a couple of deaths 4rm Police brutality to get it really rolling, am not boasting but if it happens i will be at the FRONT, COWARDS and IDIOTS are using tribal differences to plant seeds of discouragement, am sure even Tunisians and Egyptians doubted dia ability to protest, hmmm!when e go happen,e go dey like film embarassed
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by maasoap(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2011
Are we really defending good governance here? Are we defending our (useless) people in government? Or, are we defending our personal benefits from the government?
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by BigMeat2: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2011
ok if we decide to go on a revolution path, what other alternative system of government or leaders are we going to have?
as I see the whole picture we're too comfortable to organise a revolution in this country, we're too brainwashed to accept the status quo.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by truuz: 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2011
Those who think these poverty- inflicting POLITHIEFIANS wud just wake up one day n take a massive pay cut 4d sake of d common man must be having a long dream.
We keep flogging,analysing,vomiting yeye Vocabularies on corruption without any pragmatic effort 2put an end to dis shit once n for all,
God/ALLAH/JESUS et al will never come down 2wrestle those demonic bastards 4us, All those mumu grammars nor go do shyte 4us! Revolution(if we set aside our differences) is d MOST EFFECTIVE TOOL dat can Save Dis wailing entity called NIGERIA.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by noiseless: 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
I like to think that we are having some sort of revolution in our little way with the gej really want to bring changes in the country,but there some bigots or religious crooks who are would do everything to create confusion.However i would love see a kind of revolution where the former rulers at all level would be single handedly be targeted so the present ones would know that they have only one option and that is to serve and not to loot,but the big question is how do we do it without some crying that it was carried out by one ethnic group against their own?my suggestion is that lets start by publishing the names of the known corrupt former leaders from every state both local and national level with A WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE on it, and also attacks on them or their business interest by any means since the govt can not bring those thieves and murderers to justice for whatever reason, then they will know that we they masses are not gonna let them get away with the pain and sufferings they brought upon us,so by this the current govt will step up with anything it's doing wholly in the nations interest both in state and national level.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2011
yeah blame gej's inefficiency on others, in india they have terror problems yet they are moving thier country forward. distractors my foot. have boko haram stop them from stealing our money? follow them till they milk u dry if they haven't.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
YES I WILL JOIN, ONLY IF THEY ARE SERIOUS PEOPLE
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by juman(m): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2011
Nigeria will be divided.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Desola(f): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
ebizsols:

@desola it is really a pity when people who are not widely travelled sit in Lag or is it the UK and envisage a SW utopia, well let me remind you that all your states even lagos rely heavily on "chop money"in the name of allocation from Abuja.
So what happens when the ND decides to take their "destiny" as you rightly pointed out in their own hands?
Remember this, Lagos was not built on your peoples "percieved" ingenuity or enterpreneural dexterity, but rather it was built by first the Europeans, then the military juntas via nd resources, so dont let the current white elephant projects going on in your region deceive you into believing that your region is on course and should not bother itself with an impending revolution.
All that you need to start doing now is harnessing your human resources cos I bet you when oil stops to flow I wonder if your other village states will rely on Lag who cant even pay its workers when obj seized its monthly allocation or subvention a couple of years back, think about that,

YOu lot really need to take a break from your fixation with Lagos. Although Lagos is the Yorubas, it is not the be it all and end all of us as a people. Furthermore, no where in my post did I refer to Lagos so why the panic?

Lagos, is and would remain our administrative state but we as a people have more going for us than Lagos. There is oil in Ondo and this same Ondo is a leader in cocoa production. We would not mention the mineral resources in Ogun alone or the agricultural benefits lying untapped in Ekiti. Aside these resources I speak of, we have ingenuity on our side being our abilities to run an effective government is second to none as I earlier professed. If all these attributes are then coupled with co-operation among all the Yoruba states, why would we need to worry ourselves with Nigeria? Nigeria can continue to run on auto pilot which in good time, i'm sure it would crash, but we Yorubas should suffer minimal effects of its collapse if we continue in the manner in which we have embarked now.

Yes, you are not wrong that oil is a big player in our existence now but my contribution was based on the advise that we need to start harnessing ourselves now for the time the oil will no longer be there and it seems that we are already taking that initiative.

Lagos is what we have now but it is only minuet in what we can achieve as a region.

So you see, there is no need for us to revolt because doing so would mean that we believe in one Nigeria and that we are signatories to being continuously held in this sham marriage.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by jmslimx(m): 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2011
I will Gladly Join the revolution of cutting of the penis of this greedy politicians.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
here is an open approach that probably needs modification,
we liberate ourselves, have the likes of shoyinka, achebe run
a transition government, hold a national conference to find
out if we shld remain together.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
Nigerians never elected GEJ, the elections were rigged.

Election was not free and fair

Therefore his election is invalid.

This is not a democracy

let us stop kidding ourselves

This is why the only solution is a revolution as OP is proposing.

If Nigeria continues like this where an incumbant (or his political party ) never loses an election because of rigging then it is inevitable that unless an Arab - spring type of revolution occurs, the military would return.

Count me in.

Can we start planning it please?
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
the revolution has started in warri delta state, pls spread around facebook, twitter n all. dont loose hope
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Amujale(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
Let's crawl . . .

I hate to admit this but to process such  there has to be more than a mere overiding course that unifies everybody.

In my opinion, i would choose a non violent method which sits strictly within the international rule of law. We have the personnel to pull-off any intellectual debate anywhere under the Sun.

However, if what we really want is a quick-fix - the more violent method - we have to atleast have a solid  proven "force"(s) on our side e.g  Peoples Liberation Force, Boko Harem, Guerrilla Fighters, Police e.t.c

And probably the most important part of any successful 'revolution' - CONSOLIDATION -

What will be the point in every informed citizen put the lives on the line in order to create history (doing all the work) and for some unscruplulous individual to take full advantage of this by declaring themselves a new Head Of State during all the commotion.

In both cases. the MEDIA is a "must have"

. . .before we learn how to walk
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
it does not have to be voilent
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Amujale(m): 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2011
grafikii:

it does not have to be voilent

Exactly
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by crackhouse(m): 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
The decay in our democratic system is enough to trigger the revolution. I pity the people that said we elected our leaders, we elected them and so what?. They Don't even recognise us as the people that elected them. Despite the money we have, nothing is been done. Bad roads, unemployment, inadequate electricity supply, no educational facilities for learning, fuel price increase, insecurity, making of policies that affects the poor, corruption, injustice for the poor, judges collecting bribes to set our past corrupt leaders free etc. For years, we have been going through this and no sign of amelioration, so tell me what makes revolution not justifiable. Revolution doesn't necessarily mean that, there will be a war. The revolution i am talking abt is to wipe out the bad leaders so that incoming ones will learn their lesson and buckle up.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by crackhouse(m): 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
The decay in our democratic system is enough to trigger the revolution. I pity the people that said we elected our leaders, we elected them and so what?. They Don't even recognise us as the people that elected them. Despite the money we have, nothing is been done. Bad roads, unemployment, inadequate electricity supply, no educational facilities for learning, fuel price increase, insecurity, making of policies that affects the poor, corruption, injustice for the poor, judges collecting bribes to set our past corrupt leaders free etc. For years, we have been going through this and no sign of amelioration, so tell me what makes revolution not justifiable. Revolution doesn't necessarily mean that, there will be a war. The revolution i am talking abt is to wipe out the bad leaders so that incoming ones will learn their lesson and buckle up.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by infofta(m): 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2011
PDP is Cult not a political party. Nothing good will ever come out of it.
How many corrupt politicians have so far be jailed for corruption?
What has really changed for the better in the past 15 yrs in this Country?
All they know is to loot then transfer our money to foreign accounts at the expense of our Economy. The Country belongs to all of us, the earlier we wake up the better for us.
Should there be any revolution, my first aim is to secure our international Airports so that none of them will escape.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Revolutnz: 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
We youths should stop our 'suffering and smiling' and 'I don't care' attitudes regarding our future.We need to forget the politics(of the past)played by our regional leaders.We need to come together as youths and the future of this nation by speaking with one voice and therefore,take our destiny into our hands.If the youths in Tunisia,Egypt,Algeria,Libya and presently Syria and Greece can come together,putting there differences aside,then we can also do it.Remember,poverty has no tribal or religious affiliation.I beg of you all pls,seriously let's start thinking positively.If you are a youth and think it's not your concern cos you're fortunate to get a good job and good things of life,just remember that,if the unemployed youths are continued to be neglected and denied their rights,they in-turn will come back to hunt you for the wealth you think you've acquired legally or otherwise.Lastly,pls I'm not suggesting a revolution by arms and ammunitions cos we are not fighting GEJ or any politician/individual.What we are simply going to fight for when the time comes is our LEGAL RIGHTS as citizens of this once great country.Until then,let the looters continue to fill their stomachs and pockets.There's time for everything.Peace
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by adamaw2tuf: 9:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
lets start by sending a strong message to all those thieving ex-military officer who have carried out any administrative appointments and their civilian co laborators to sourender their loots to the govt else both them and their families would be in trouble,cos there is their families should be living a life spoilt brats while the rest of the people die with no dignity of any sort.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by PointB: 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^

Will it lead to the dissolution of Nigeria? If yes, I will partake!
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
Can you give us more information?

How can we support it?

grafikii:

the revolution has started in warri delta state, pls spread around facebook, twitter n all. dont loose hope
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Privy(m): 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2011
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by stmarc32(m): 12:47am On Oct 25, 2011
We need a cuban style revolution with all the thieving politicians and ex-military officers either killed or jailed but prior to that  we need to carefully plan and restructure our socio-economic and political structure. A structure where government officials are paid minimum wage as the rest of us
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Jiah011(f): 4:23am On Oct 25, 2011
@grafikii- It's so interesting that you presented this question, as I have been wanting to ask the same thing. It's actually appalling to see the level of complacency among Nigerians. Grafikii, I'm with you. I am a Nigerian and I say we need to change!

So most of you believe it's not worth it to speak out against such bad government, corruption, poor education, and poor infrastructure because that's the way it is in Nigeria. You take out bad people, and more bad people will replace them, right? Most of you are saying that Nigerians are hardcore tribalists and corruption is in our blood, right? That is why we cannot come together as one and change things and there are no people worthy to be good leaders, right? I disagree! I want to love Nigeria, I really do, but I cannot. I would be a fool. There is too much potential in Nigeria, too much! There is nothing that cannot be achieved in that country, yet it continues to function in the dark ages. This is why the Nigerian government will continue to be the sinkhole it is. Some say things are improving, but where is the standard? By what standards? Nigerians are hard working and resilient, but their efforts are not rewarded. You almost have to be corrupt to survive in Nigeria. We need to change as a people. As one people.

I think it is the youth that have to bring forth the change. The passion will have to come from the youth, as it almost always does. There needs to be a collective change in thinking and reasoning in Nigeria. One can read the stories of how other countries have changed, and you wonder what it will take to spark change in Nigeria. Stay a third world country, then. Common electricity is lacking, in 2011. If not now, then when?
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by kettykin: 4:59am On Oct 25, 2011
@ posters , you want the kind of revolution that took place in egypt and libya , where they people rose in unison and demobilsed the govt and had their way , possibly you want to remove gej and force buhari and bakare on the country.

You might likely end up with the type of revolution that took place in soviet union in the late 80s . Where a supposed the troika reformation ended up producing many countries.

There are many armed private armies and the possibilty of nato or us and britain wanting to maintain the country's unity might not be there.
What might start of as demonstration might progress to a riot ,then anarchy and to war.
However if gej has very smart advisers they will beat you to the game by convening an snc once the people start agitating that will finally lead to aburi or to the end of nigeria.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Revolutnz: 10:17am On Oct 25, 2011
@Jiah011

Good points.Thanks
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 11:07am On Oct 25, 2011
seconded
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by PointB: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2011
kettykin:

@ posters , you want the kind of revolution that took place in egypt and libya , where they people rose in unison and demobilsed the govt and had their way , possibly you want to remove gej and force buhari and bakare on the country.

You might likely end up with the type of revolution that took place in soviet union in the late 80s . Where a supposed the troika reformation ended up producing many countries.

There are many armed private armies and the possibilty of nato or us and britain wanting to maintain the country's unity might not be there.
What might start of as demonstration might progress to a riot ,then anarchy and to war.
However if gej has very smart advisers they will beat you to the game by convening an snc once the people start agitating that will finally lead to aburi or to the end of nigeria.

Well articulated! Thank you!
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Revolutnz: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2011
I think we can start from state level before moving on to the national level.I understand that,there are lots of divisions among the Nigerian youths but we have to fight & stop these evil doers from using divide-and-rule tactics against us.I realised that,even here on NL,the rulers of this nation have perfectly planted seeds of discord among we youths in order to keep us hating and fighting ourselves so as to distract us from their continuos looting of the treasury.So,like the Delta state youths did last week,I'll encourage us to also start asking our governors and reps at the state and national assembly,chairmen,councillors etc fundamental questions regarding their services to the people whom they are called to serve.We need to follow the budget implementations to the latter.Genuine plans for jobs creation,road constructions,security,power,accountability,transparency and discipline must be top of their agenda.We can't afford to keep postponing their dooms day.Any govt officials who deviates from these core objectives shall be asked to resign or be impeached or face the wrath of the youths in that particular state/region.We as youths need to stand up and be counted.It doesn't matter whether you are presently in Nigeria or outside.We've all got a role to play.Pls enough of tribal,religious and ethnic bashing.Let's concentrates our energies towards building this Nation.Afterwards,if we still prefer to go our separate ways fine,but we still have to first fight the common enemies together.Remember,as you lay your bed,
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by qualified(f): 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
let the revolution be in your mind and in your attitude!!

i dont support the type POINTB and GENBUHARI are advocating!

move the nation forward, dont crash it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Algeria Confirms Boko Haram’s Ties To Al Qaeda / Illegal Gun Shop Discovered In Zamfara / Zonal Congresses: PDP Seeks To Dislodge APC, Return To Power In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.