Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi (21625 Views)

Gov. Nwifuru Buys SUVs For All Doctors In Ebonyi General Hospitals (Photos) / Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members / Ndume Seeks 50% Salary Cut For NASS Members To Pay ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Tommydare(m): 7:19am On Nov 10, 2023
Talk is cheap
mariahAngel:
YES! TALK!
And keep talking when something is not right.
That is what we expect of you, Mr Peter Obi.

Don't give this fraudulent administration any breathing space.

Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Quebec91(m): 7:36am On Nov 10, 2023
I tell you
rinzaugustine:
Peter Obi is an exceptional human being. I can’t even believe a man like him joined Nigeria politics Nobody have ever inspired me more than Peter Obi. He took Labor party from obscurity to national limelight within six months and never spent shishi, or government funds or donation, something no Nigerian living or dead had ever done! I sometimes go back to his speeches and play it most of the time. I have his potriat in my house. The man is a genius and would have made a big change in this 6 months the incompetent mandate thief is wandering around like a lost baby…a new Nigeria is possible with Peter Obi
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by maasoap(m): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2023
rinzaugustine:
Peter Obi is an exceptional human being. I can’t even believe a man like him joined Nigeria politics Nobody have ever inspired me more than Peter Obi. He took Labor party from obscurity to national limelight within six months and never spent shishi, or government funds or donation, something no Nigerian living or dead had ever done! I sometimes go back to his speeches and play it most of the time. I have his potriat in my house. The man is a genius and would have made a big change in this 6 months the incompetent mandate thief is wandering around like a lost baby…a new Nigeria is possible with Peter Obi

Obi is a liar, a politician with short memory and he talks with both sides of his mouth. He just like to say anything his followers would like to hear, either it is practical or not.
National lawmakers have their separate budget which they even passed a law to keep it from the public eye following their face off with Sanusi back then.
Obidients should tell ignorant Obi that anything that those gangs in the NA want, they get it!
It is easier for them to blackmail the presidency, groundstand like Saraki did when he refused to pass the budget for than 8 months until they got what they wanted.
Obi doesn't understand governance at all. Not that I support those crooks at NA, but you as a president, you are powerless to cage them. They're the kings of the three arms of govt.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by payaseriy: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2023
Sheggy13:

Most of you obidients are senseless and ill-educated. Do you think this forum is made up of your mob only who can't do simple fact check and critical reasoning but feed off anything that drops off Hundeyin's anus? Even if you never had any basic Economics lessons before, you should know what you just wrote can never happen in a million years.

Lagos debts both external and domestic stands at just above $2bn ($1.2 bn for external debts and 994bn Naira for domestic debts) as at Q2 2023 while Turkey's budget for 2022 alone stands at $239bn. Can you see how foolish you sound now? I've added links so you don't need to argue, but read and educate yourself properly.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/15/lagos-records-largest-external-debt-in-nigeria-at-1-26-billion-in-q2-2023-nbs/

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/turkeys-raft-pre-election-spending-swell-budget-2022-12-30/

take heart
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by DeOTR: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2023
searchlight:
Who make their budget? If it is not on their budgetry allocation they might add it the next year as long as no one influences their budget.

The truth is that the executive can't control their spending because executive are wasteful as well.

Imagine president official care is Toyota Highlander, and the ministers are using Toyota spider, how dare the executive demand for Prados?

The truth is that in the ZOO no one cares about the low life animals. All they are there for is to wreck the remaining part of the ZOO.
I don't have problems with you calling Nigeria a Zoo o. If you are in the country, that makes you an animal too.
What I am against is the lie by Obi that the NASS won't buy the vehicles under his watch. That's wishful thinking and an evidence he doesn't know how things work up there.
If the President decides to be using Toyota Hilux, nothing stops the NASS from using Bugatti, if it's within their budget for the year.
I've always been of the opinion that allocations to the three arms of government in any given year should by law be pegged to a small percentage of our recurrent expenditures and the annual take home of any politician, including the President, shouldn't be more than 100 times the minimum wage.
Unless we legalize the amount beyond which they can't spend, every other thing is nonsense.
They prepare their own budget and the President has no power over how they choose to spend it. They are not under any obligations to emulate the President frugal lifestyle either.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by maasoap(m): 8:06am On Nov 10, 2023
socialmediaman:
Peter Obi was impeached in Anambra partly because he refused to allow frivolous expenditures during his administration. He fought and got his mandate back

LegendHero:
Obi the mad man liar.

Below is when he distributed exotic cars to traditional rulers in Anambra.

By the way, how will the executive stop legislatures from buying their official car? Shey Obi don’t know the difference between executive and legislature ni?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ubah-tackles-gov-obi-over-car-gifts-to-traditional-rulers/amp/
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by maasoap(m): 8:09am On Nov 10, 2023
AdeolaOmoOba:
Liar. Then you will be impeached simple. By then you will understand the power of the legislative branch of government
He's too dumb and self absorbed to understand that.

Techwriter:
Sure that's why Nigerians voted you. unfortunately the man that was not voted happens to be a criminal and he stole the mandate. Now he's punishing everyone for not preferring him

He ensured only criminaly minded individuals stayed in decision making positions. From Akpabio to Gbaja (the US convict)

Then paid a few hungry and jobless people to be on social media and nairaland defending their criminality. People willing to sale their generation for a morsel of bread

South East rigged for him. How many northerners voted for him? grin grin grin
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by DeOTR: 8:13am On Nov 10, 2023
Whynotthetruth:

He didn't fail O'level like you failed common sense...

NASS won't spend extravagantly if they knew Executive isn't buying such madness...

Tinubu is buying Yacht and NASS is looking for 160M SUV but you aren't bordered because you've no brain to understand that they're mortgaging a future you don't seem to have
Sense is far from you. I pity you if your own future is at the mercies of Abuja politicians. Sorry, I decide my own destiny.
So in your stupidity, you think the President decides how the NASS spends their own budgetary allocations?
He even said "if the President is not buying the idea". cheesy
No be when the NASS sell the idea to you?
Obi still thinks it's the state settings where he can decide not to hold local government election for 8 years.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Reference(m): 8:13am On Nov 10, 2023
Happy he is coming out strongly to clarify things and totally condemn what amounts to the theft of our collective patrimony.

For it is only in a third world fiefdom that one can see such crass ostentatiousness in the midst of crippling poverty.

It is unimaginable that Nigeria should permit such expenditure on items of administration when those in tiers below them can hardly afford to transport themselves to work on account of the cost of living crises they should be solving.

It is like a man goes to the doctor to treat malaria and his clinic is filthy, full of mosquitos. How come any sane person will support this.

The other day on this forum a man was lamenting that his boss pays half salary yet buys a new car and everyone in unism and without exception condemned it as wicked.

But when it comes to politicians that offer practically nothing some see it as acceptable?? Is that not madness?
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by maasoap(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2023
grandstar:
He said the truth but if these lawmakers aren't given their SUV's, they'll make governance hell for Tinubu. That is the fact
Now the question is why didn't Obi understand that? Most of the time, he just talked to amuse Nigerians with his ignorance
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Indispensable85(m): 8:18am On Nov 10, 2023
Is he going to take over the national assembly and their budget? Obi is just a bloody hypocrite,a big liar.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by maasoap(m): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2023
Omoluabi16:
He is saying the truth. Nigeria is in a deplorable state, we don't need to fritter away 60b to protect the legislathieves from the very people that voted them in. That house filled with opposition, it's quite curious how they've been silent on this matter-as they enjoy their cars.

Didn't you see and hear Nigerians fuming at the 160 million naira per SUV? What people here are saying is that Obi as a president won't have any power whatsoever to stop the lawmakers from buying those SUV's because it is backed by law, it is from their own budget, Obi should have known better as a presidential candidate.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Reference(m): 8:23am On Nov 10, 2023
DeOTR:

Sense is far from you. I pity you if your own future is at the mercies of Abuja politicians. Sorry, I decide my own destiny.
So in your stupidity, you think the President decides how the NASS spends their own budgetary allocations?
Obi still thinks it's the state settings where he can decide not to hold local government election for 8 years.

The are are a million ways the President can stop it of he so wishes. If he has the moral capacity and will to do so.

Just instruct banks through the CBN not to honour such invoices. And if the vehicles are already inbound instruct the Customs Service not to clear them, period.

Force them to buy local, in naira.
But it can only take a President that stands on a moral high ground and is himself walking the talk of prudence or :buy Nigeria'.

But when Mr. Ptesident intends to spend lavishly on himself, family and friends then the cycle of avarice continues.

As a matter of fact it is the NA that fights today to have a wasteful yacht expunged from the national ledger, what a mess.

Failure of moral leadership everywhere you look. No one cares.

If Mr. President says 'no more!!' then it will take a gutsy legislature to do otherwise and then the court of public opinion will certainly bury them. On this matter leadership is everything.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by maasoap(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2023
Programmer47:
Watch the Apc paid bots come out enmasse. After convulsing everywhere, they will rush to screenshot their comments to their paymasters.
The pathetic state of the country is not their problem, only how to spread vitriol

This is not about people supporting lawmakers decision but telling Obi that he's arrogating to much power to himself as a president.
If you don't understand why people are dragging him here, you indeed deserved to be one his supporters grin grin grin
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Reference(m): 8:40am On Nov 10, 2023
In order to defend anything (unfortunately to their own hurt) I can see folks here already arrogating enormous, over the top powers to the Legislature and by so doing 'belittling' their own President. That he cannot do anything about how government resources are spent.

So what happened to all the so called 'Executive' powers. The powers by which gasoline subsidies were removed without the approval of the legislature.... the powers by which judicial pronouncements are disobeyed....

Some even suggest he may be impeached.... because he will not allow a legislator to buy a 160 million naira automobile.... see how low some citizens have sunk.....sad.

Where on this earth or in this country will a legislator stand if the government and the people stand together and say NO.

But we are where we are today because everyone, government and the people have agreed that Nigeria must be mismanaged.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by EdiskyHarry: 10:08am On Nov 10, 2023
This is the only reason peter obi is hated in Nigeria
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:16am On Nov 10, 2023
DeOTR:

When you don't know and claim you know you, then redemption is far from you... nincompoop
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2023
[quote author=Obiedun post=126885978][/quote]

Peter Obi is your nightmare and your hate for him will not reduce the billions in his account, at your age he already legitimately owned a property in London while you that is hating him don't even know the direction of your life...poor hopeless boy.

Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Poll23: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2023
Programmer47:

Lmao. You no get wetin to offer before nah. A typical agbadorian jumping from post to post when the real issues are being disseminated

Did I blame you ? Is my comment depicting any bereft of any idea like yours ? you said someone has achieved during his tenure as gov and you cannot mention a single of the achievement. See your derogatory replies as a typical children of hate with unruly and uncouth manner spewing gibberish to sell a package candidate due to ethnic and religious sentiment. I initially thought you'll be different from known headless mobs that's why I was civil in my replies.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by NinjaMetahuman: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2023
What is he gonna do? Sack the legislative?

How this clown able to convince millions of so called smart people needs to be studied.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Obiedun(m): 11:14am On Nov 10, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

Peter Obi is your nightmare and your hate for him will not reduce the billions in his account, at your age he already legitimately owned a property in London while you that is hating him don't even know the direction of your life...poor hopeless boy.
His ill-gotten wealth? We know that you worship money more than God. May his billion perish with ...
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:17am On Nov 10, 2023
Obiedun:
His ill-gotten wealth? We know that you worship money more than God. May his billion perish with ...

Did God teach you to envy, judge or hate others? Stop calling God's name in vein if you don't want thunder to strike you dead.

Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by tallfish145(m): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2023
Tinubu would have said such if he had lost the election
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by shoprite: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2023
SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi

Saint Obi undecided

Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Ikinternational: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2023
netpro:

It takes one to know on. Abi you are working pro bono?

Lazy People Obidents

Guy what is this rubbish.... you're the very first reply. Barely after the man hit submit

Argue with technology abeg
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by MySolace: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
netpro:
This made-in-Agulu lying machine thinks we don't know how he was dashing out hundreds of car as campaign gift for his second term reelection as governor?

https://www.nairaland.com/1543297/peter-obi-distributes-110-vehicles

He should hide his face in shame.
U must b a puppy to think elections are run by the political gladiators.
Stake holders could do certain mobilisations without ur personal involvement, ok.

So, saying dat Peter Obi dash hundred of cars during his campaign is a big lie.

And it was almost a gross stupidity and waste of resources for anyone to run against Obi's second tenure ambition,,, because he did so well in his first tenure dat if not for formalities, there should b no elections after his first tenure.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
Be sincere, this is not about cleaness of hands but holy-holy self-righteousness. Buhari already played that card and look at where he landed us in Nigeria. Obi will be more nepotistic than Buhari. His administration will also be more biased and corrupt.

There is no Angel in politics. Trust politicians at your own peril. Whether it is Tinubu, Atiku or Obi. They are fighting for their pockets and the betterment of their cliques. Accept who you have now as the President, do your best in supporting the Nigerian project. Tinubu and those he have put in office are trying their best.

...With what Buhari handed over to him, a budget that didn't feature fuel subsidy payments, yet people expected him to continue paying the thieving cabals just by waving a magical wand. He stood his ground. Naira is appreciating. Those behind Nigeria's evil ordeals are crying daily. Emefiele is engaging prayer warriors for being the scapegoat of the sins of his treasonable evil ambition against ordinary Nigerians.

Emefiele sold the soul of Nigerian forex to Dangote and his fellow northerners in charge of BDCs. Let DSS carry all of them. Let EFCC probe them. Let EFCC start with Bawa. Please don't forget Magu and all Grass-cutting contractors.

Pepper him well well, he will confess what they did with all the mansions, cars and money they seized from people. They will vomit the names of who they sold them to.

Although by now, we ought to have seen a staggering difference in the price of rice and other commodities since the southwest borders have been opened and bans have been lifted on rice importation. Obi couldn't have done it better.

Whynotthetruth:

Once your hand is clean, nothing will happen...He was impeached for similar reason and he came back through the courts because he was clean
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by izuch(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2023
netpro:
This made-in-Agulu lying machine thinks we don't know how he was dashing out hundreds of car as campaign gift for his second term reelection as governor?

He should hide his face in shame.

Were any of them Toyota Prado's? The problem is not buying vehicles for lawmakers, it's why not buy made/assembled in Nigeria? Why speak from both sides of the mouth? We're told to patronize made in Nigeria products and those that should be leading by example are buy foreign.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2023
AdeolaOmoOba:
Be sincere, this is not about cleaness of hands but holy-holy self-righteousness. Buhari already played that card and look at where he landed us in Nigeria. Obi will be more nepotistic than Buhari. His administration will also be more biased and corrupt.

There is no Angel in politics. Trust politicians at your own peril. Whether it is Tinubu, Atiku or Obi. They are fighting for their pockets and the betterment of their cliques. Accept who you have now as the President, do your best in supporting the Nigerian project. Tinubu and those he have put in office are trying their best.

...With what Buhari handed over to him, a budget that didn't feature fuel subsidy payments, yet people expected him to continue paying the thieving cabals just by waving a magical wand. He stood his ground. Naira is appreciating. Those behind Nigeria's evil ordeals are crying daily. Emefiele is engaging prayer warriors for being the scapegoat of the sins of his treasonable evil ambition against ordinary Nigerians.

Emefiele sold the soul of Nigerian forex to Dangote and his fellow northerners in charge of BDCs. Let DSS carry all of them. Let EFCC probe them. Let EFCC start with Bawa. Please don't forget Magu and all Grass-cutting contractors.

Pepper him well well, he will confess what they did with all the mansions, cars and money they seized from people. They will vomit the names of who they sold them to.

Although by now, we ought to have seen a staggering difference in the price of rice and other commodities since the southwest borders have been opened and bans have been lifted on rice importation. Obi couldn't have done it better.

Oga, NOBODY will be worse than Buhari and Tinubu in evil because they're two sides of the same coin...

Tinubu is part of the evil in Nigeria ...he's part of everything wrong in this country...

Which Fuel subsidy are you talking about? The one Tinubu fought and lied against Jonathan in 2011?

You're nepotistic too while trying to play smart...

Tinubu doesn't deserve any sane man's support and he is evil or worse than evil sef
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by zoomzoom(m): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2023
[quote author=netpro post=126880830]

Peter Obi thinks everyone has a disconnected brain cells like his Obidents mob.

I can bet my right ball that you didnt read this quoted link before posting.
This is mostly because i decided not to believe that someone can be dense not to comprehend the simple article despite it's misleading header.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by Fahd11: 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2023
Obi and lies sha......
Bobo, nothing wey you fit do.
2027 won't be different...
You no fit win.
Re: SUVs for NASS members: Nobody'll Contemplate such Under My Administration - Obi by DaddyJapan(m): 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2023
DeOTR:

You see the consequences of going to pluck mango in the bush while government classes were going on?
So the President approves legislative arms budget? shocked shocked shocked
If you can provide a link where I can read more on how the executive approves (as against propose) any budget of any kind, I'd be happy to learn. Thanks.

Erm...the President can derail the importation of those expensive vehicles by issuing an executive order that favours local car manufacturing companies.

Now, admittedly, the legislature can also override such a decision; although you and I know that such a move will prove unpopular at time of serious economic hardship - since it would invariably pit Nigeria's legislative arm against the masses.

I repeatedly called for Jonathan to align himself with the people and not squander the goodwill afforded to him, during the early days of his administration, for the same reason.

There are many ways to skin a cat if the will to do so exists. wink

Image source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/25/executive-order-on-ensuring-the-future-is-made-in-all-of-america-by-all-of-americas-workers

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Prison Warder Attacks The Nation, AIT Reporters (photos) / FG Hands Over Lagos-ota-abeokuta And Other Roads To Lagos State And Ogun State. / Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.