Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (99860 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by dloy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
Please,as anyone tried it on aliexpress or alibaba.com
thanx
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by dloy(m): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
Please,
Has anybody tried the Uba afri card on aliexpress or alibaba website.
Did it worked?..
Pls post ur experience
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
fados4sure:
Simply go an get an international passport or Driver's license..

How much is the latest Driver license and International passport and kindly share it with us if you know.Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
legalwealth:

How much is the latest Driver license and International passport and kindly share it with us if you know.Thanks
I don't know of the driver's license but for international passport? Express which you will get instant is 20,100 naira why the normal one you get in three months time is 8000 naira.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
fados4sure:
I don't know of the driver's license but for international passport? Express which you will get instant is 20,100 naira why the normal one you get in three months time is 8000 naira.

Thanks so much for this clue.Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Sircj(m): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
After reading all dis, i decide to give them a try. I went 2 one of their branch at ibadan, the lady said she just been transfer here not long tym ago, that d mgt av not officialy handover to her. Guess what i said dis woman nt gona stop me. I jump bike 2 d nearest branch, fil d form, not more dan 30 mins ma card was given 2 me. Pls it is unbranded one ooo.I depositd cash in d card. Change d pin. Could u guys belive dat d so called customer care dnt no anyfin abt dis 1danful card, how 2 use it. One even said it came wit a default pin 0000. Wonda shal neva end ooo. Afta gatherin info here, i absolutly knew wot 2 do at d rit tym. I went 2 aliexpress order a tablet pc. Men u nid 2 c d speed at whic they accept my payment. Waooh fank uba and good pple of dis forum. Am goin 2 namecheap 2nyt 2 order my domain. Am so excitd oooooo cheers

2 Likes

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Dgunnerz(m): 11:51pm On Aug 01, 2012
What am I waiting for?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
Sir cj: After reading all dis, i decide to give them a try. I went 2 one of their branch at ibadan, the lady said she just been transfer here not long tym ago, that d mgt av not officialy handover to her. Guess what i said dis woman nt gona stop me. I jump bike 2 d nearest branch, fil d form, not more dan 30 mins ma card was given 2 me. Pls it is unbranded one ooo.I depositd cash in d card. Change d pin. Could u guys belive dat d so called customer care dnt no anyfin abt dis 1danful card, how 2 use it. One even said it came wit a default pin 0000. Wonda shal neva end ooo. Afta gatherin info here, i absolutly knew wot 2 do at d rit tym. I went 2 aliexpress order a tablet pc. Men u nid 2 c d speed at whic they accept my payment. Waooh fank uba and good pple of dis forum. Am goin 2 namecheap 2nyt 2 order my domain. Am so excitd oooooo cheers
Yeah, UBA should really train their staff on this product.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by neksummi(m): 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
fados4sure:

I got mine in June for say N15000 in Yola. Yes I can't quote the exact fee cos I paid N9000 plus at the bank. I thought that was all but on getting to their office, they were demanding another N4500! I asked for receipt and I was told no receipt for that. I insisted I needed a receipt for documentation and they said I should go and see their oga or stop the registration process if i wasn't ready to pay! I paid but my message was passed across to them. They felt stupid as they had to answer me that a payment in a government establishment didn't have a receipt to accompany it.

God will save us in this country.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Logicsst: 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
The card is good pay on all site that i have used it, but UBA charges are kill, take note that any text message sent to you cost 100naira, exchange is at black market rate and there are some charge that is not consitent when you make transfer. None of the banks branch can give you info on charges or any detail about the card,all they know is it good and the cost of the card. So any1 will to use it should always try to know the blackmarket rate of currency for which payment is to be made and make sure you have an extra 1k above the money needed. Lastly is that the speed of payment is awesome, and always keep the card safe as it pays without any secure code! Anybody that get hold of your card can use it online freely. Peace

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
Need HELP In Making Any PAYMENT With or Using Paypal?

If you need my assistance with this,feel free to reach me on 0 8 0 9 1 8 3 3 8 6 6 or
0 8 0 3 9 6 1 4 6 0 6 or if you need your own verified USA PayPal account that you can run and operate in Nigeria even with
Nigeria IP without being limited as I do also.

Goodluck..

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by donbigboy(m): 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hello house, does anyone know of a good site where i can buy a recharge card online using my card pls.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by olubecks: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hey everyone do you know that Unity bank give out 50,000 naira almost every week.Like their page, it might be you.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by CarlosVent(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2012
donbigboy: Hello house, does anyone know of a good site where i can buy a recharge card online using my card pls.

visit this website www.e-topup.com.ng i think they are the best and its automatic system.
you have your card once you have made payment. i use them regularly and they are the best.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by frankmoney(m): 2:33am On Aug 15, 2012
Guys please I nid info asap. I dnt hv drivers liscence or international passport will I be able 2 obtain dz card with jes a student I'd card? & 4 instance I earn 400 dollars on ma bet on market acct will I be able 2 just withdraw wit d card or I nod 2 transfer it 2 an acct b4 I can withdraw.
? Tanx guys
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 3:02am On Aug 15, 2012
frankmoney: Guys please I nid info asap. I dnt hv drivers liscence or international passport will I be able 2 obtain dz card with jes a student I'd card? & 4 instance I earn 400 dollars on ma bet on market acct will I be able 2 just withdraw wit d card or I nod 2 transfer it 2 an acct b4 I can withdraw.
? Tanx guys

That one won't be accepted but you can use that of your Dad.

You can withdraw it with the card.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 3:04am On Aug 15, 2012
dloy: Please,
Has anybody tried the Uba afri card on aliexpress or alibaba website.
Did it worked?..
Pls post ur experience

I'm using it and it is superb.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by frankmoney(m): 4:27am On Aug 15, 2012
legalwealth:

That one won't be accepted but you can use that of your Dad.

You can withdraw it with the card.
o I can use ma dad's drivers licsence?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by infomark89: 5:42am On Aug 15, 2012
please i need help here...according to the info i gathered online...they said i can get this card without having an acct with UBA BUT WHEN I GOT TO THEIR IKORODU BRANCH i was told i have to have an acct with them before i can be able to get an africard...is it the same with you over there and please if not let me know the branch you obtain your own and i will also like to know their current price for the card....please i need a reply from anybody that can help with info
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by zankey(m): 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2012
infomark89: please i need help here...according to the info i gathered online...they said i can get this card without having an acct with UBA BUT WHEN I GOT TO THEIR IKORODU BRANCH i was told i have to have an acct with them before i can be able to get an africard...is it the same with you over there and please if not let me know the branch you obtain your own and i will also like to know their current price for the card....please i need a reply from anybody that can help with info

Don't mind that branch, you don't need account to get it. In fact if you go there with all the requirement(recent utilities bill, 2 passport photography, your id card and at list N1,000.00 because the card cost N750.00) you can get the unbranded that same day.

I got my own at Ojodu, opposite FRSC office. And please note is not all the branches that issue the card.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by legalwealth(m): 11:43pm On Aug 19, 2012
frankmoney: o I can use ma dad's drivers licsence?

Yes!you can use it to get the card.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 7:56am On Aug 20, 2012
frankmoney: Guys please I nid info asap. I dnt hv drivers liscence or international passport will I be able 2 obtain dz card with jes a student I'd card? & 4 instance I earn 400 dollars on ma bet on market acct will I be able 2 just withdraw wit d card or I nod 2 transfer it 2 an acct b4 I can withdraw.
? Tanx guys
if you are a student, just go with your accommodation form, school ID, and admission letter and you should be Okay. I have 2Africards and I used school ID for the second one...
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by akinwolemi: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2012
I want to know may be anybody has order goods online and receive the parcel in nigeria ooooo,I need urgent reply plz
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by juliebest(f): 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
akinwolemi: I want to know may be anybody has order goods online and receive the parcel in nigeria ooooo,I need urgent reply plz
Yes I bought goods from aliexpress with the card and it came right to my doorstep here in Lagos.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by akinwolemi: 3:27am On Aug 28, 2012
juliebest: Yes I bought goods from aliexpress with the card and it came right to my doorstep here in Lagos.
plz bro what escrow is all about and hw will I use d card online?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by juliebest(f): 7:26am On Aug 29, 2012
plz bro what escrow is all about and hw will I use d card online?

Escrow is a service that enables to confirm receipt of goods before the seller is paid. Input your credit number and you are good to go.

You can ask further questions in this thread www.nairaland.com/1032084/importation-questions-answered
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by dloy(m): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2012
The lastest is that UBA has added another superb checks and balance for those who will love to request for a uba Africa card for non existing Uba account holder.Guess what it is?
Your home address will now be verified before issuing the UBA africard....
Sounds funny?.....i think its a new stategy to check internet fraudsters.
NOW,that this has been added.....
No tricks used by internet fraudster shall prosper!
AMEN
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Excelboi(m): 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2012
I registered for the card using my School ID card. And it was accepted. Went there on Wednesday and was asked to collect it on Thursday nextwik. Cnt wait
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by barikay: 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
Logicsst: The card is good pay on all site that i have used it, but UBA charges are kill, take note that any text message sent to you cost 100naira, exchange is at black market rate and there are some charge that is not consitent when you make transfer. None of the banks branch can give you info on charges or any detail about the card,all they know is it good and the cost of the card. So any1 will to use it should always try to know the blackmarket rate of currency for which payment is to be made and make sure you have an extra 1k above the money needed. Lastly is that the speed of payment is awesome, and always keep the card safe as it pays without any secure code! Anybody that get hold of your card can use it online freely. Peace
Very annoying. They should be open. Who knows? They may be selling 1$ for N182.00. Someone should call them to order
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2012
If you use your card for business, I see know reason why you should complain. What about money spend on make useless calls or buy recharge cards that adds no value to one's pocket?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ziccoit: 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2012
Logicsst: The card is good pay on all site that i have used it, but UBA charges are kill, take note that any text message sent to you cost 100naira, exchange is at black market rate and there are some charge that is not consitent when you make transfer. None of the banks branch can give you info on charges or any detail about the card,all they know is it good and the cost of the card. So any1 will to use it should always try to know the blackmarket rate of currency for which payment is to be made and make sure you have an extra 1k above the money needed. Lastly is that the speed of payment is awesome, and always keep the card safe as it pays without any secure code! Anybody that get hold of your card can use it online freely. Peace

This is what I noticed concerning the charges.

1. N100 was removed on loading the card apart from N750 which is normal cost of the card. So, that is the cost of loading the card.

2. N160 was also deducted when I registered the card with Amazon, mind you I made 4 different payment through Amazon and received SMS in each case and there were no deductions for the SMS.

3. N160 was also deducted too when I registered the card with Apple Store. Though I made a payment of 0.99cent for an application and received an error message that there was difficulty charging my card that I should use a different card.

4. I registered the card with blackberry app store without any deduction, the reason for this I don't know.

5. In all my tractions with the card, which were not less than 10 from 3 different online shops, my calculation revealed average of N162 to $1.

These are what I don't understand.

1. N160 deduction by Amazon and the apple store and why there was no such deduction on registering the card with blackberry appworld.

2. Why the apple store is finding it difficult charging the card.

It is very clear that each SMS doesn't lead to N100 deduction and the deduction is not that outrageous as some people claimed.

I think Ubaafricard is not bad at all couple with the fact that been a visa card, it should be acceptable to almost all the online markets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.