Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (99949 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
Nope
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
Yes, they ship to your door step but you pay the shipping fee and tell them how you want it to be shipped,either via DHL AND UPS. . .
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by PRAISEPHS: 12:53am On Nov 13, 2011
@unphilaz
When you click on any product of your choice in other to view the details of that product, check the right side of your computer screen.You will see a logo that has ASSURANCE PLUS(or A+) written on it.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2011
I decided to go to their head office branch in marina yesterday. From the time they gave me form to fill to the issuing of personalized card (with my name on it) and the funding and activation on their ATM there was under 30 minutes. That was because of little queue. I was impressed with UBA yesterday cos that was my first account/banking with them, also my first on the spot card issuance within Nigeria and also faster than my GTB naira mastercard which took days and my GTB DOM visa card that took weeks.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by daroz(m): 8:40am On Nov 26, 2011
Do anyone know the maximum amount of money the card can carry?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by lasrores: 3:35am On Nov 30, 2011
The card works very fine. I am currently in the Australasia part of the world and I have been able to use it to collect my money in the currency of the country where I am making the withdrawal. The charge is only N1000 per ATM withdrawal.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by lasrores: 3:38am On Nov 30, 2011
I have loaded more than N600,000 on that card without problem. I am able to make use of the money I loaded on it online. And I am able to withdraw money from the card any where in the world from any ATM.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by JAZES(m): 3:48am On Nov 30, 2011
For once UBA blew my mind cool cool cool
I can now place ad on Facebook and google without stress.
Big kudos to UBA for this one.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by divinebeu(f): 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2011
please can someone tell me, can i use it to transact on itunes account
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by JAZES(m): 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2011
divinebeu:

please can someone tell me, can i use it to transact on itunes account

I guess it should work there since its working on all major
foreign websites after all u have nothing to loose. If it doesn't work
just go to any near by ATM to withdraw your cash.
Give it a try, if it works don't hesitate to let us know on this thread.
Cheers
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by divinebeu(f): 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2011
sure i will thanx
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Sukafiacom(m): 1:01am On Dec 03, 2011
Hi guys! Pls i want 2 knw if u can use d card 2 deposit funds in2 ur forex account and if u can use it 2 withdraw funds also. Thanks
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by cashmentor(m): 8:29am On Dec 03, 2011
Though i've just applied, buh i'm kinda getting skeptical bout this card, why? Just visited Uba facebook page and many folks aren't happy, coz they think d card isn't accepted online? Most peeps here promoting d card maybe are uba's staff, leme just wait n see
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2011
Hi. . . I saw that facebook page 2month s ago too and it made me skeptical. But I got the card and I am fine. People here are not UBA staff as you claimed. UBA is too busy to do any of that as you claimed.

I am not a UBA staff.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by cashmentor(m): 6:54am On Dec 04, 2011
2sexy:

Hi. . . I saw that facebook page 2month s ago too and it made me skeptical. But I got the card and I am fine. People here are not UBA staff as you claimed. UBA is too busy to do any of that as you claimed.

I am not a UBA staff.
I never claimed anyone here was a UBA staff O! Thought i only said "Maybe" but thanks anyway, u just calmed some nerves!
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by kayjegs: 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2011
For omline payment users and enthusiasts here. There is a new online payment processing company now by name CASHPAYER. You can buy, sell, send funds, receive funds, bid and buy, interact on our website. We engage in a sort of escrow service for buying and selling to secure buyers and sellers. Its like paypal in Nigeria but we go a step further. Check www.cashpayerng.com. Feel free to call or email one of the best in the Industry. My email is kayjegs@yahoo.com
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ochukoccna: 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2011
Why this kin post no make front page Mr OP.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by ochukoccna: 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2011
^^^^^
Did I type OP?
My bad,meant Mr Moderator
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by okeyxyz(m): 2:42am On Dec 13, 2011
^^^
Hi, are u the ochuko that used to stay @ isolo? near the private school? went to unilag?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by sweetpawn1: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
Abeg, has any one been able to use the cards to purchase facebook and google adverts?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yamakuza: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2012
Is anyone having success/issues with the NON-PERSONALISED version of this card?

Thanks as you share your experience.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by etaurus(m): 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2012
does amazon accept it?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 29, 2012
There is also Zenith Websurfer. For me this is the most reliable card. It's Mastercard and it's accepted everywhere on the Internet.
I made a post on how to get yours. I couldnt post the full article here because of the spambot.
You can see it at http://smallbusiness.com.ng/how-to-get-a-cheap-credit-card-in-nigeria-for-online-business-and-deals
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by sweetpawn1: 9:51am On Jan 30, 2012
Questions, questions and more questions! angry

In short I don vex. I am getting my card today!

I will answer my own questions myself!
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by onasharon(m): 10:50am On Jan 30, 2012
PLASTIC IDENTITY CARD PRINTERS (AUTHORIZED RESELLER IN NIGERIA). Zebra world No.1 card printer.
Zebra series
P430I
P420I
P120I
P640I
ZXP SERIES 3
ZXP SERIES 8
DUAL TO SINGLE SIDED CARD PRINTERS. FOR BUSINESS AND IN HOUSE CARD PRINTING JOB
SALES ENQUIRIES CALL BAYO ON 08135586674 Email:onadiran@gmail.com

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Abdulmalik1: 8:45pm On Jan 31, 2012
Can i switch my existing uba card 4 dis africard[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by sweetpawn1: 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2012
Ah! Just got my UBA AfriCard now. grin

Took me 2 days!

Abdulmalik1:

Can i switch my existing uba card 4 dis africard[color=#990000][/color]

No. It's easy to get!
It's like buying a sim card and loading it with money. When you make calls, its the money from your sim card that is charged not your bank account. So if the money on your sim is finished, you will just reload!

So you first apply for the card.

You will be given a form to fill.

You will asked for you passport photograph(1 copy) and your ID card.(Driver's License, National ID card, etc)

Select which card you want(instant card-i.e no name, you get it faster or personalized card-You name will be on it like your ATM card)

Then you will be asked to pay money (You can pay any amount I assume. I tested the bank officer by saying 1000 and she said :why not make it 2000? So I paid 2000 - You could pay less than that if you insist, especially if you want to test the card for the first time.)

When you are given the card(Mine took 2 days-I applied yesterday and got it today- and I live very far away from Lagos and Abuja so if you live there, I am guessing that the quality of service will be faster?) you will be told to change the pin, like your ATM. There is also a web pin for internet based POS that require it.

There is a number that you will be shown. this number is used as the account number of the card. So you can deposit money into any UBA branch with that account number and it will be funded to your card.

You can also withdraw money from it like your normal ATM, but the money will be the one you loaded into the card.

Will start to use it and give feedback on its performance. . . wink
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by danielng: 11:46am On Feb 02, 2012
babaearly:

There is also Zenith Websurfer. For me this is the most reliable card. It's Mastercard and it's accepted everywhere on the Internet.
I made a post on how to get yours. I couldnt post the full article here because of the spambot.
You can see it at http://smallbusiness.com.ng/how-to-get-a-cheap-credit-card-in-nigeria-for-online-business-and-deals

ZENITH WEBSURFER

I have been using Zenith bank websurfer since 2008.

Each time you go to the bank to reload you are charged $5 and you will have to convert your naira to dollar before you reload.

Websufer reload can not be done instant; the amount will reflect in your account the following day.

I wanted to make payment to a particular website and it was rejected; they said that i am paying from Nigerian but the card was issue country was Cyprus. I have fax the front &back sides of the card before i used it on that site and it took 3days before acceptance.

Websurfer can not be used on the ATM (you can not make use of any balance unless for online transaction).

Websurfer does not tranfer to another websurfer account holder.

UBA AFRICARD

Can be reloaded in Naira with any amount and will be charged N100 for every reload.

The reload is instant.

It can be used on the ATM; you can make withdrawal of unused balance.

All the sites i used it on never rejected it.

I withdraw my earnings back into the card from all sites that i use it and i can withdraw it from any ATM.

It allows Africard - Africard transfer.

It can be used as an account. People can pay in money into it and use just withdraw from the ATM.

Please lets veryfy which is better. UBA AFRICARD IS DA BOMB IN NIGERIA LISTS OF CARDS NOW.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yamakuza: 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2012
danielng:

ZENITH WEBSURFER

I have been using Zenith bank websurfer since 2008.

Each time you go to the bank to reload you are charged $5 and you will have to convert your naira to dollar before you reload.

Websufer reload can not be done instant; the amount will reflect in your account the following day.

I wanted to make payment to a particular website and it was rejected; they said that i am paying from Nigerian but the card was issue country was Cyprus. I have fax the front &back sides of the card before i used it on that site and it took 3days before acceptance.

Websurfer can not be used on the ATM (you can not make use of any balance unless for online transaction).

Websurfer does not tranfer to another websurfer account holder.

UBA AFRICARD

Can be reloaded in Naira with any amount and will be charged N100 for every reload.

The reload is instant.

It can be used on the ATM; you can make withdrawal of unused balance.

All the sites i used it on never rejected it.

I withdraw my earnings back into the card from all sites that i use it and i can withdraw it from any ATM.

It allows Africard - Africard transfer.

It can be used as an account. People can pay in money into it and use just withdraw from the ATM.

Please lets veryfy which is better. UBA AFRICARD IS DA BOMB IN NIGERIA LISTS OF CARDS NOW.

The only problem now so far is that you cannot transfer funds into it from other banks using NEFT or eTranzact.

Pity.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by danielng: 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
You don't use it to transfer funds into it from other banks using NEFT or eTranzact neither can you use websurfer too. UBA Africard does not make you an automatic account holder with UBA. Its not a UBA account ok?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by princeokek: 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2012
Can you withdraw the profits you make from sites like bet365.com,ladbrokes and forex sites?I want to be certain of that before getting the card.has anyone recieved any money online apert from the one you paid in yourself
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by danielng: 10:51am On Feb 03, 2012
princeokek:

Can you withdraw the profits you make from sites like bet365.com,ladbrokes and forex sites?I want to be certain of that before getting the card.has anyone recieved any money online apert from the one you paid in yourself

I am presently withdrawing from both sites with my UBA Africard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.