Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics (17192 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu: I Am The Most Prepared Presidential Candidate In Nigeria (Video) / Orji Kalu: I Spoke All Night With Governor Wike; We Need Him In APC / Orji Kalu: I Can Bring Nnamdi Kanu Back To Nigeria, Convince Him To End Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Demigod22: 2:37pm On Jan 30
nedekid:

Bros to an extent this fellow might not be too far from the truth. Why? My first time of relating with the eastern part of Nigeria was when I went for nysc at, abia state. After orientation we moved to the city, Aba. The major cooperate entities I noticed was a certain "slok", the new generation banks eg standard trust bank with just 1 branch visible, Zenith bank too. But all over was slok this slok that, just as you visit that Kofo Abayomi in vi and you think Zenith bank owns the whole Lagos. Infact most of us coppers felt slock was a goverment owned agency, not until later we heard it was privately owned.
Remember how there were brand new official vehicles all over Lagos branded by banks as their official cars back in the late 90s, 2000 etc. That was how slock was with drivers and cooperate staff. Trucks, vans etc. Eg Slock computers, slock printing, slock foods, furniture's, seafood etc. All this was around 1995/96, way before the man joined politics 1999.
Currently, I know this kalu fella owns the biggest maritime oil servicing company in West Africa. He owns vessels that provide support services to offshore oil rigs. We are not talking of 1 or 2, but at least 15. I hear he also provides things like house boats for accommodating oil industry workers along with its intendent services eg catering. Note that all his services is paid for in dollars. Nothing like naira. This man is a coded billionaire. The real odogwu.
Go to YouTube and check out his village home built in the mid 90s before he ventured into politics. That place is called NEYA or so. That one no be house, it was built in copy of camp David, the US government owned presidential retreat.

The house is called Camp Neya, named after his first daughter. He was number four richest Nigerian at some point. Camp Neya have four hundred rooms, the house is located in Igbere, his country home.

Urji Uzor Kalu have been a billionaire, his romance with IBB and Abacha enriched him. He commissioned the house in 1998 before his inauguration as governor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by loswhite(m): 2:37pm On Jan 30
nony43:

Oga that man get better bar before becoming Gov , how many of his companies do you know?
Do you know what 4 billion us dollars mean in 1998? A politician and lies are just like bread and butter. No one is saying he is poor but he is telling lies

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by loswhite(m): 2:39pm On Jan 30
mrvitalis:

$4 billion in 1999 was mere 480 billion

Bro had airlines, shipping lines and many businesses

Politics made him poorer
Lol what was his net worth before joining politics and now? Politics made him poorer yet he refused to leave...you guys are just mad
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Svoboda(m): 2:40pm On Jan 30
lokoventurex1:

This is true. I'm Yoruba. I have always known Orji Uzor Kalu a very rich man aside politics. At a time in 1999, he had the biggest bank in Gambia. I was supporting Eyimba as a club then because of this same person(he was already a Governor though). This doesn not deny the fact that he stole Abia Money afterwards. I don't understand why they are always like this. Rochas also started well in Imo. We have many of them too in South West.

Seems a curse is embedded in Nigeria Politics cos i can't fanthom why you are a billionaire in dollars and still stealing.

Orji has always been rich, no doubt!

The political system actually leaves a lot of loopholes that office holders find too easy to exploit. Also, who woulfnt want free money even if you are as rich as rich as dangote. Some govs play with 2.5bn security vote every month. I am not sure dangotes personal monthly expenses can exceed 10m a month, but he can afford to spend that daily if he were gov of say, delta or akwa ibom state.

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by loswhite(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30
mrvitalis:

You obviously don't know him na way

Mind you $4bn was less than 500 billion then

Bro was rich rich rich politics made him poorer
500 billion was a big amount of money in Nigeria 1998. The capital base of a Nigerian bank was 2 Billion as at 1998.

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by BigIyanga: 2:43pm On Jan 30
nony43:
Ouk was very rich before he become a Gov. in facts , Some of the SE Govs from 1999 to date were very very rich before they became Govs, when I mean rich , business and. Work not politics made them rich.. eg OUk, PO, Rochas , Soludo etc.

He was a good Governor too but didn’t major on Infrastructure. Orji Kalu paid 13th month atimes as Christmas bonus.

Kalu wey dey give 10k to women in Abia civil service for August Meeting wrapper every August. As in 10k between 1999-2007.

He did not owe workers

Man was a good governor for "Nigerian standards"

Lol. Soludo being rich?? He was a UNN lecturer before he was appointed by OBJ. He was penniless.. he had no houses in his hometown, Enugu, Abj, Lagos. He became CBN governor… and built and bought houses in village, Enugu, Abuja, Lagos and UK… politics is the easiest plug in Naija

3 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by loswhite(m): 2:44pm On Jan 30
Abagworo:
People that didn't know him still believe today that his wealth is Abia State money . His shortcomings as a Governor was that he used the opportunity to expand his business and was almost absent leaving State affairs to his mother and siblings who milked the State dry .
Lol he is completely exempted from looting the state. It was his mother and siblings....If this is not sign of madness then I don't what else it is.

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ayatullah(m): 2:47pm On Jan 30
What is the context of this unsolicited revelation and who cares by the way!

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by OBTOREPA(m): 2:50pm On Jan 30
allthingsgood:

How much of the fleet did he give you to come and defend him here
Nonsense. Now run along!
Ignorance is a disease
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Demigod22: 2:51pm On Jan 30
Do people really understand before commenting? The man said he left $4 billion balance clean sheets in his companies, and people are arguing his net worth.

Urji Uzor Kalu is quite wealthy, his country home named Camp Neya caused quite a stirred when he commission that house in 1998 before his inauguration as governor.

For those who are arguing why he is not on Forbes list, Urji Uzor Kalu in the past had been rated number four richest Nigerian in the list of ten richest Nigerians by Forbes and his net worth then was one point something billion dollars which I can't remember the exact amount.

We have people who are billionaires in dollars but are not on Forbes list for certain reasons, people like Vladimir Putin, Ibrahim Babangida, the King of Kuwait, Saudi Arabia.

You think people like Atiku, Tinubu are not billionaires in dollars?

5 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by ceejayluv(m): 2:52pm On Jan 30
Crafteck1:

4bn usd wasnt so much till nainra capsided..
$4bn is still $4bn ...
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by ceejayluv(m): 2:55pm On Jan 30
Oghene86:

Yeah he was Rich, but no be $4billion wealth and Forbes do not know him , maybe he wanted to say $4million 😕
That $4bn is likely Lamba. Though he was doing quite well for himself. As at 1999, he donated $1million to PDP and ₦100 million to OBJ for his campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30
nony43:
Ouk was very rich before he become a Gov. in facts , Some of the SE Govs from 1999 to date were very very rich before they became Govs, when I mean rich , business and. Work not politics made them rich.. eg OUk, PO, Rochas , Soludo etc.

He was a good Governor too but didn’t major on Infrastructure. Orji Kalu paid 13th month atimes as Christmas bonus.

Kalu wey dey give 10k to women in Abia civil service for August Meeting wrapper every August. As in 10k between 1999-2007.

He did not owe workers

Man was a good governor for "Nigerian standards"

You forgot

Eyimba football club

He made them greatest

3 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Rrchrd(m): 3:05pm On Jan 30
Nonsense, yet he could not tar those bad roads in Abia state
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ikinternational: 3:10pm On Jan 30
FarmPlanetNG:
And you did not enter Forbes list since 1998 till now. Dey deceive yourself dey go. If not for God's help, you totally ruined Abia in a way that the state hasnt recovered in 20 years, yet you have the confidence to state nonsense.

Na by Forbes abi 🤣🤦🏾‍♂️
You think those white people regard Africans 😂

I guarantee you without hesitation Dangote is not the richest African. But his businesses are known and it sounds plausible.

Btw, just so you know, there's been cases of people filling bankruptcy within a few years of making Forbes list.

Forbes is not the be all end all for accuracy

3 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by masseratti: 3:14pm On Jan 30
Charlie2020:
Forbe is based on stock exchange listings. Many people are far richer that what is quoted on Forbe
Vis a Vis he was not worth even a billion dollars as at that time till now sef.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ikinternational: 3:15pm On Jan 30
During apc primaries, OUK said with his full chest n loudly, he can match Tinubu dollar for dollar.

And not a single word was uttered in dispute by anybody. So obviously, those that know.... KNOW

3 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by lionshare: 3:16pm On Jan 30
mrvitalis:

You obviously don't know him na way

Mind you $4bn was less than 500 billion then

Bro was rich rich rich politics made him poorer

Do you know Nigeria's budget was N299bn in 1999?

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ikinternational: 3:18pm On Jan 30
oz4real83:
They calculate how much they hope to steal in the future, and write it as their present net worth on their code of conduct asset declaration form, this is to make sure that when they succeed in the looting, you wont be able to prove it in court since they already "had such assets before joining politics" as this well-known criminal is claiming now embarassed embarassed. He had $4b net worth and he has never been on Forbes list shocked

Another Forbes list faithful 😂
Africans really believe white people rate them 🤦🏾‍♂️😒
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ikinternational: 3:23pm On Jan 30
masseratti:
And yet never made it to the forbe list... Smh... $4 in 1999 I doubt if Dangote had that much then.

Forbes list is our Lord
You people are funny 😂🤣
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by paramakina202: 3:24pm On Jan 30
OUK was a billionaire before he joined politics that one dey but yet he was a very corropt governor.
Only a billioniare can build that massive mansion in Igbere he called Camp Neya in 1998 before becoming governor.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 3:25pm On Jan 30
AlabiKILLER2021:

You forgot

Eyimba football club

He made them greatest

You are right.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 3:26pm On Jan 30
BigIyanga:

Lol. Soludo being rich?? He was a UNN lecturer before he was appointed by OBJ. He was penniless.. he had no houses in his hometown, Enugu, Abj, Lagos. He became CBN governor… and built and bought houses in village, Enugu, Abuja, Lagos and UK… politics is the easiest plug in Naija

I said business and work. He was working in CBN first.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30
loswhite:
This is the reason I say the problem of this country is the foolish citizens. Imagine what this idiot wrote here...smh. He is good governor because he gave 10k and wrapper to women and he paid 13th month.....foolish citizen.

Intelligent citizen I never said he is good he tried and looted too he made Enyimba what they are today.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30
Golan007:

Left Aba a pigsty.

Na so governor suppose be?

Aba under OUK was not bad.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 3:30pm On Jan 30
harsysky:

You are one of the problem of this country! OUK was not a good governor at all!

He looted Oga but he worked. And never owed salaries.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ikinternational: 3:32pm On Jan 30
FarmPlanetNG:

Because of blind loyalty. All the fundamentals.coming from Abia since the past 20 years was completely negative. Stop the igbo loyalty. Kalu is the worst governor this nation has ever produced

Igbo loyalty 🤔

What do you people want from igbos sef. When we tell it like it is you'll say we insult our elders 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

His presidential ambition was null n void because igbos refused to support. Nevermind his financial might n level in apc
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Badadvisor: 3:34pm On Jan 30
Charlie2020:
Uzodinma has always been a fraudster cum politician. He was late Maurice Ibekwe's (Okwelle Holding) associate. He's nothing compared to Orji Kalu
Heard he was his driver

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Menclothing: 3:37pm On Jan 30
You have money b4 true not 4b dollars was your company name let’s check the capitalization staff strength and sales
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by djon78(m): 3:40pm On Jan 30
FarmPlanetNG:
And you did not enter Forbes list since 1998 till now. Dey deceive yourself dey go. If not for God's help, you totally ruined Abia in a way that the state hasnt recovered in 20 years, yet you have the confidence to state nonsense.

Dangote didn't enter Forbes list as of 1999
He hasn't entered Forbes list as of 2003 self

He entered Forbes list after 2005 when soludo consolidated Banks
After Obasanjos Economic reforms when Nigeria Economy was booming and Nigerian stock exchange was doing well and opportuned ones maximized the time

Even Adenuga too never entered Forbes list then

The richest Black person in the world then was Oprah Winfrey with net worth of about 3 billion dollars

Dangote
Orji uzor kalu
Peter Obi
Adenuga
Anumudu (globe motors)

We're set then in money making in the 1990s

All these otedola and co were still learner's when it comes to money

The real very wealthy people with money in Nigeria in the 1980s to 90s were

Mko Abiola
Dantata (Dangote s maternal uncle)
Isiaku Rabiu (BUAs father)
Igbinedion(okada airlines)
Augustine ilodibe (Ekene dili chukwu motors)

So orji uzor kalu was right saying most of these noise makers now were small boys then

Many of these so called Dollar billionares today were enriched by Babangida, Abacha, Obasanjo civilian era from 1999

Just like many of Russian oligarchs billionares today like Roman Abrahmovic etc became wealthy when then Russian president Boris Yeltsin sold off Russia's oil assets for crumbs

3 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by erniok(m): 3:44pm On Jan 30
2pacarnate:
OUK was born in my room at No 11 Azikiwe road ABA,Abia state.That is my father's compound,raised by a single mother,my dad told me he was so rich,he had a warehouse at the next street called Market road ABA,were he stocks stockfish(okporoko),I heard he owns ship.No cap

Momsi na strong ogboni woman,he build ABA no be joke,made enyimba football club,players got paid 1m or more With cars and recognition on the streets as at 1999 till his last 8 years,after him,ABA became dirty like hell, thank God for otti.

All igbo politicians were all rich before politics except ikedi ohakim of Imo state no be joke

Na rich man dey become politician for igbo land.🤣

OUK dey for No. 4 in top 10 Forbes list richest in Nigeria.
He built which Aba? Make una gently dey cap nonsense. I be omenazu brought up. Omenazu by faulks. OUK tried but roads he built using only slok his own company were substandard.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Oghene86: 3:45pm On Jan 30
slowice:

Lol this indomie children sef😂😂 na a while ouk you dey mention with 4m dolls😂 even as of today, he will make the in less than a month sef, make una try dey read about people and their businesses

If only you know who you de address as indomie children, that's why people like you believe he was $4bn Richer in 1999, that would have made him the richest man in Africa then.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Begins Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Wednesday / Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project / Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.