Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics (17119 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu: I Am The Most Prepared Presidential Candidate In Nigeria (Video) / Orji Kalu: I Spoke All Night With Governor Wike; We Need Him In APC / Orji Kalu: I Can Bring Nnamdi Kanu Back To Nigeria, Convince Him To End Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by allthingsgood: 1:05pm On Jan 30
nony43:

Oga that man get better bar before becoming Gov , how many of his companies do you know?

How many of my companies does he know
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by abhosts(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30
This guy is poor. Ordinary Tiwa savage is worth $17b. Make una dey play.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by uvie66: 1:06pm On Jan 30
allthingsgood:
HAHAHA Ole!!

Which business did u do in naija that gave u $4Billion

Oloriburuku
.... the thing weak me

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Crafteck1: 1:09pm On Jan 30
Dankovich1:
OUK might be right in what he said.

From stories my dad shared with me years back, I learnt that he was a big time business guru and was successful in all his enterprise.

But the $4B still loud shaa...

4bn usd wasnt so much till nainra capsided..

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ynix(m): 1:10pm On Jan 30
nony43:
Ouk was very rich before he become a Gov. in facts , Some of the SE Govs from 1999 to date were very very rich before they became Govs, when I mean rich , business and. Work not politics made them rich.. eg OUk, PO, Rochas , Soludo etc.

He was a good Governor too but didn’t major on Infrastructure. Orji Kalu paid 13th month atimes as Christmas bonus.

Kalu wey dey give 10k to women in Abia civil service for August Meeting wrapper every August. As in 10k between 1999-2007.

He did not owe workers

Man was a good governor for "Nigerian standards"

Money wey him get from IBB And Abacha

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Codes151(m): 1:10pm On Jan 30
why will i hv 4 bn dollars and be crying fr political offices or appointment... oga stop lying
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Oghene86: 1:12pm On Jan 30
Dankovich1:

From stories my dad shared with me years back, I learnt that he was a big time business guru and was successful in all his enterprise.

Yeah he was Rich, but no be $4billion wealth and Forbes do not know him , maybe he wanted to say $4million 😕

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nedekid: 1:19pm On Jan 30
dabonny:

Self righteousness!!!

A time is coming when all these lies would not be tenable
Bros to an extent this fellow might not be too far from the truth. Why? My first time of relating with the eastern part of Nigeria was when I went for nysc at abia state. After orientation we moved to the city, Aba. The major cooperate entities I noticed was a certain "slok", the new generation banks eg standard trust bank with just 1 branch visible, Zenith bank too. But all over was slok this slok that, just as you visit that Kofo Abayomi in vi and you think Zenith bank owns the whole Lagos. Infact most of us coppers felt slock was a goverment owned agency, not until later we heard it was privately owned.
Remember how there were brand new official vehicles all over Lagos branded by banks as their official cars back in the late 90s, 2000 etc. That was how slock was with drivers and cooperate staff. Trucks, vans etc. Eg Slock computers, slock printing, slock foods, furniture's, seafood etc. All this was around 1995/96, way before the man joined politics 1999.
Currently, I know this kalu fella owns the biggest maritime oil servicing company in West Africa. He owns vessels that provide support services to offshore oil rigs. We are not talking of 1 or 2, but at least 15. I hear he also provides things like house boats for accommodating oil industry workers along with its intendent services eg catering. Note that all his services are paid for in dollars. Nothing like naira. This man is a coded billionaire. The real odogwu.
Go to YouTube and check out his village home built in the mid 90s before he ventured into politics. That place is called NEYA or so. That one no be house, it was built in copy of camp David, the US government owned presidential retreat.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Donedeal1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 30
This is how this man use to conjure figures
Remember this is nairaland and not Abia state
Where by you can gleefully deceive the majority
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by slowice(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30
Says an imbe who almost ruined abịa state with dirty and greedy politics.

Yes you made money but that didn't stop you from drying the state coffers.... You stole like a hungry man because you lack character.

That is why I only trust PO. .... He has shown strong character and has been consistent with his belief over the years. The only ex Gov who voluntarily forfeited his pension and every peck of his office and position allows.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by tuzle(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30
mrvitalis:

$4 billion in 1999 was mere 480 billion

Bro had airlines, shipping lines and many businesses

Politics made him poorer
u compared the 2 like the 480 billion is the same today. For u to have that kind of money then, u must have been stupidly rich, in fact among the top in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Meerahbel: 1:37pm On Jan 30
grin
grandstar:
In 1989 when he was 30, he made a donation which he never fulfilled.

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by slowice(m): 1:43pm On Jan 30
Oghene86:

Yeah he was Rich, but no be $4billion wealth and Forbes do not know him , maybe he wanted to say $4million 😕

Lol this indomie children sef😂😂 na a while ouk you dey mention with 4m dolls😂 even as of today, he will make the in less than a month sef, make una try dey read about people and their businesses

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by MadamExcellency: 1:46pm On Jan 30
allthingsgood:
HAHAHA Ole!!

Oloriburuku

Go and research. Search Wikileaks, Orji Kalu worth. He is saying the obvious.

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Princewill1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 30
FarmPlanetNG:
And you did not enter Forbes list since 1998 till now. Dey deceive yourself dey go. If not for God's help, you totally ruined Abia in a way that the state hasnt recovered in 20 years, yet you have the confidence to state nonsense.

For your information, Forbes it's just a Magazine list of richest in the world that gained popularity in recent years, focusing mainly on corporate individuals.

There are hundreds of unofficial billionaires in the world that are not on Forbes.

Forbes has about 4-5 Nigerians on their list but for me there are more than 30 people in Nigeria who are dollar billionaires in worth who aren't on Forbes.

For me Babangida is the richest man in Nigeria as at today. Only his $12Billion Oil windfall loot in 1990 alone beat whatever worth Dangote have today. And by the way, $12b in 1990 is worth over 29billion dollars in today's money.

The billions of dollars recovered from Abacha loot since 1999 which haven't yet finished. If Abacha is alive today and enjoying in his mansion in Kano, would you have known he is worth that much?

I have seen an interview, where Elon Musk was asked if he truly believed that he is the richest man in the world. He said he can't compare himself with people like Putin. Mind you Putin is not on Forbes. Many billionaire Gulf state monarchs are not on Forbes.

It's very possible to be a dollar billionaire and not appear on Forbes. Orji Kalu is one of IBB boys. He made the bulk of his money during Babangida rigime. He gave PDP N500m in 1998

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Good2go1: 1:51pm On Jan 30
The guy is not lieing,he single handedly funded PDP and Abasanjo campaign those days. I know him very well including some of LG chairmen he funded their elections campaign fund
allthingsgood:
HAHAHA Ole!!

Oloriburuku

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by VULCAN(m): 1:52pm On Jan 30
$4b in 1997 would have made him the richest African back then

Joker.

He meant to say N4b but it was a slip of brain
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by harsysky(m): 1:58pm On Jan 30
nony43:
Ouk was very rich before he become a Gov. in facts , Some of the SE Govs from 1999 to date were very very rich before they became Govs, when I mean rich , business and. Work not politics made them rich.. eg OUk, PO, Rochas , Soludo etc.

He was a good Governor too but didn’t major on Infrastructure. Orji Kalu paid 13th month atimes as Christmas bonus.

Kalu wey dey give 10k to women in Abia civil service for August Meeting wrapper every August. As in 10k between 1999-2007.

He did not owe workers

You are one of the problem of this country! OUK was not a good governor at all!

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Kkb1977: 2:02pm On Jan 30
Mr Man where did you get the $4B?
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Golan007: 2:05pm On Jan 30
nony43:

He did not owe workers

Left Aba a pigsty.

Na so governor suppose be?
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by lokoventurex1(m): 2:07pm On Jan 30
Svoboda:

At a time he virtually controlled the gambian economy. From banking to shipping, airlines and insurance.
This is true. I'm Yoruba. I have always known Orji Uzor Kalu a very rich man aside politics. At a time in 1999, he had the biggest bank in Gambia. I was supporting Eyimba as a club then because of this same person(he was already a Governor though). This doesn not deny the fact that he stole Abia Money afterwards. I don't understand why they are always like this. Rochas also started well in Imo. We have many of them too in South West.

Seems a curse is embedded in Nigeria Politics cos i can't fanthom why you are a billionaire in dollars and still stealing.

Orji has always been rich, no doubt!

3 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Charlie2020(f): 2:07pm On Jan 30
ecolime:

Same as Rochas.

When you have money, na to dey chase power remain.

Humans must always aspire. It's an endless vain cycle. Na only death fit satisfy man.
Who told you Rochas was genuinely rich before politics. That man has always been a rogue
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Charlie2020(f): 2:11pm On Jan 30
Badadvisor:

Even the clueless man currently ruling imo. Man was a well known very wealthy fraudster
Uzodinma has always been a fraudster cum politician. He was late Maurice Ibekwe's (Okwelle Holding) associate. He's nothing compared to Orji Kalu

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Charlie2020(f): 2:13pm On Jan 30
masseratti:
And yet never made it to the forbe list... Smh... $4 in 1999 I doubt if Dangote had that much then.
Forbe is based on stock exchange listings. Many people are far richer that what is quoted on Forbe

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by patorial(m): 2:17pm On Jan 30
Dankovich1:

You have to learn the difference between capitalization and networth.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by blowjohn(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30
Dankovich1:

Mehn I also heard same. That the man is too rich. That amount isn't loud.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Demigod22: 2:23pm On Jan 30
FarmPlanetNG:
And you did not enter Forbes list since 1998 till now. Dey deceive yourself dey go. If not for God's help, you totally ruined Abia in a way that the state hasnt recovered in 20 years, yet you have the confidence to state nonsense.

I saw his name on Forbes once. Something about the ten richest Nigerians as at then, he was rated a billionaire in dollars as at that time.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by steeltrust: 2:25pm On Jan 30
You could this in a private sector as a business man and you couldn’t do anything as a politician in Abia state for a whole 8yrs

It is well
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Putinofrussia: 2:31pm On Jan 30
lol
Liar.
$4billion dollars
In 2015,Orji was rated by Forbes as being the richest Igboman with $330 million net worth.
Thank God for internet and technology,Sabinus for say him worth $5 billion grin

The fake one from legit.ng blog (some of these blogs just stay in their rooms and assign any amount to anybody they hate or like)
And
the authentic one from Forbes..Forbes and Bloomberg are the only recognised entities in the world tracing wealth creators and rating them every day but publishing their net worth every year.)

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by loswhite(m): 2:33pm On Jan 30
nony43:

He did not owe workers

This is the reason I say the problem of this country is the foolish citizens. Imagine what this idiot wrote here...smh. He is good governor because he gave 10k and wrapper to women and he paid 13th month.....foolish citizen.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by mariovito(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30
Did you declare that in your assets declaration form upon entry into elective office?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Conducting Forensic Analysis Of Ganduje Bribe Videos In London: Magu / PDP Takes Early Lead In Bayelsa West Bye-Election / Kalu: New Service Chiefs Need 6 Months To Understand Nigeria’s Security System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.