Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics (17195 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu: I Am The Most Prepared Presidential Candidate In Nigeria (Video) / Orji Kalu: I Spoke All Night With Governor Wike; We Need Him In APC / Orji Kalu: I Can Bring Nnamdi Kanu Back To Nigeria, Convince Him To End Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by djon78(m): 3:49pm On Jan 30
Demigod22:

The house is called Camp Neya, named after his first daughter. He was number four richest Nigerian at some point. Camp Neya have four hundred rooms, the house is located in Igbere, his country home.

Urji Uzor Kalu have been a billionaire, his romance with IBB and Abacha enriched him. He commissioned the house in 1998 before his inauguration as governor.

Mind you he was in his 30s then
Same as Dangote, Peter Obi, anumudu, Annie okonkwo clemco, chicason AZ petroleum from Nnewi, ibeto, Gabros(innoson elder brother) Louis Carter Onwugbenu from Nnewi, Tony Ezenia(Orange drugs) etc

They were young men in there 30s but very rich

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Golan007: 3:57pm On Jan 30
nony43:

Aba under OUK was not bad.

Please don't tell me that.i worked along that axis and couldn't believe my eyes.

Talk about filth.

It was horrible.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by sunboy(m): 4:01pm On Jan 30
His name should be on the Forbes list if the funds were legit. So, did he ever make it Forbes list ?

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by kenex4ever(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30
allthingsgood:
HAHAHA Ole!!

Which business did u do in naija that gave u $4Billion

Oloriburuku
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Madeade: 4:08pm On Jan 30
Oh! You displayed ignorance here...
Big ignorance

allthingsgood:
HAHAHA Ole!!

Oloriburuku
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Eteka1(m): 4:12pm On Jan 30
allthingsgood:
HAHAHA Ole!!

Oloriburuku
I'm sure you were either not born or too small then. It's true he was very rich then. I remember he owned Slok Air and many other big companies.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Shattuck(m): 4:23pm On Jan 30
mrvitalis:

You obviously don't know him na way

Mind you $4bn was less than 500 billion then

Bro was rich rich rich politics made him poorer
are you talking of him worth 4bn dollars then? There is no way dude was worth that much, in 1998 I doubt any Nigerian outside the corrupt politician/military generals was worth a billion dollar. Why wasn't he on forbes list don't tell me he didn't want the fame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by masseratti: 4:24pm On Jan 30
Ikinternational:

Forbes list is our Lord
You people are funny šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
to hide a $1 billion assets is not a joke.. If you have it u av it.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by harsysky(m): 4:24pm On Jan 30
nony43:

He looted Oga but he worked. And never owed salaries.

Before we engage ourselves , were you in Abia state then or you heard about what you wrote?
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 4:27pm On Jan 30
harsysky:

Before we engage ourselves , were you in Abia state then or you heard about what you wrote?

I am from Abia state and I lived in Abia state all through his tenure, I can name the few roads he worked in Aba. My mom was a Govt teacher then and wasnā€™t owed for a month.

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by harsysky(m): 4:38pm On Jan 30
nony43:

I am from Abia state and I lived in Abia state all through his tenure, I can name the few roads he worked in Aba. My mom was a Govt teacher then and wasnā€™t owed for a month.

Now I get your point. You are rating him among his fellow mediocres, and not by normal standard. I was in aba when Ike Nwosu left. I stayed in aba up until 2014. OUK is a waste!

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by AareGaa: 4:38pm On Jan 30
nony43:
Ouk was very rich before he become a Gov. in facts , Some of the SE Govs from 1999 to date were very very rich before they became Govs, when I mean rich , business and. Work not politics made them rich.. eg OUk, PO, Rochas , Soludo etc.

He was a good Governor too but didnā€™t major on Infrastructure. Orji Kalu paid 13th month atimes as Christmas bonus.

Kalu wey dey give 10k to women in Abia civil service for August Meeting wrapper every August. As in 10k between 1999-2007.

He did not owe workers

Man was a good governor for "Nigerian standards"

Under his watch Enyimba became the Champions of Africa twice.

All the ibo politicians were rich before joining politics.

Is that why they looted the region to a stupor since independence?

Tell your stupid stupid stories only to your blodas.

3 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by AareGaa: 4:48pm On Jan 30
mrvitalis:

$4 billion in 1999 was mere 480 billion

Bro had airlines, shipping lines and many businesses

Politics made him poorer

I know his blodas will soon rush here to defend him.

But the same illiterate blodas will be condemning politicians from other tribes when their region is the most backward since independence till date.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Forkthiefnubu: 4:54pm On Jan 30
OUK and his garnishings but looking back now he is the best governor Abia ever had
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by christistruth01: 5:06pm On Jan 30
Shattuck:
are you talking of him worth 4bn dollars then? There is no way dude was worth that much, in 1998 I doubt any Nigerian outside the corrupt politician/military generals was worth a billion dollar. Why wasn't he on forbes list don't tell me he didn't want the fame.

Gen Abachaā€™s Money

If you know you know

Orji was his and Babangidaā€™s handbag boy

It was even Babangida who ā€œinstalledā€ him as Gov of Abia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 5:10pm On Jan 30
AareGaa:

I donā€™t have time for stupid idiots like you.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 5:12pm On Jan 30
harsysky:

Now I get your point. You are rating him among his fellow mediocres, and not by normal standard. I was in aba when Ike Nwosu left. I steyed in aba up until 2014. OUK is a waste!

Mention the roads you know iin Aba OUK worked . Before you call him a waste.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by mrvitalis(m): 5:16pm On Jan 30
AareGaa:

I know his blodas will soon rush here to defend him.

But the same illiterate blodas will be condemning politicians from other tribes when their region is the most backward since independence till date.
You mean same backward region that has best literacy rate? , school completion rate rate
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by harsysky(m): 6:21pm On Jan 30
nony43:

Mention the roads you know iin Aba OUK worked . Before you call him a waste.

No single road except Osusu road from faulks road junction to Ahia ama Ogbonnaya that took 5 months to be worse than it was.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ikinternational: 6:22pm On Jan 30
masseratti:
to hide a $1 billion assets is not a joke.. If you have it u av it.

More like white people regard white people
They respect Asians because of China n Japan

You really believe Forbes is willing to invest the time to know all the wealthy Africans?

You believe Dangote is richer than the First Family of Angola?

Keep in mind we're just talking wealth. Not whether the money is clean or dirty
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ikinternational: 6:28pm On Jan 30
AareGaa:

Blah blah blah

When the man was sponsoring a whole damn party PDP where was you?

When the man said he can match Tinubu dollar for dollar, I don't remember anybody laughing

Your hate is acknowledged okay. Carry go
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Badadvisor: 6:48pm On Jan 30
christistruth01:

Gen Abachaā€™s Money

If you know you know

See as Bubu bone face šŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by peleson1: 6:50pm On Jan 30
allthingsgood:
HAHAHA Ole!!

Oloriburuku
No caps..

He was the richest of all the governors in 1999

He was richer than tinubu ..

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30
harsysky:

No single road except Osusu road from faulks road junction to Ahia ama Ogbonnaya that took 5 months to be worse than it was.

Orji worked umuocham road, Did Ngwa road by morning Market.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by allthingsgood: 7:23pm On Jan 30
Eteka1:
I'm sure you were either not born or too small then. It's true he was very rich then. I remember he owned Slok Air and many other big companies.

go and sleep
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Shattuck(m): 7:48pm On Jan 30
christistruth01:

Gen Abachaā€™s Money

If you know you know

then it was not his money, since he was just an errand boy

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by richie240: 8:13pm On Jan 30
oz4real83:
They calculate how much they hope to steal in the future, and write it as their present net worth on their code of conduct asset declaration form, this is to make sure that when they succeed in the looting, you wont be able to prove it in court since they already "had such assets before joining politics" as this well-known criminal is claiming now embarassed embarassed. He had $4b net worth and he has never been on Forbes list shocked
Lolz.....even Donald Trump with over 4 decades of entrepreneurship - that has been into biznaze when orji kalu was still doing nwaboy with his oga - is worth just over $2 billion dollars.

Naija politicians and liez!

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by AareGaa: 9:56pm On Jan 30
Ikinternational:

Blah blah blah

When the man was sponsoring a whole damn party PDP where was you?

When the man said he can match Tinubu dollar for dollar, I don't remember anybody laughing

Your hate is acknowledged okay. Carry go

He is a lousy person, just like most of your blodas.

Tinubu is the greatest politician Nigeria has ever produced.

Kalu is too small for Jagaban.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by AareGaa: 10:01pm On Jan 30
mrvitalis:

You mean same backward region that has best literacy rate? , school completion rate rate

Delusion is a major disease in that your region.

Most of you still believe that Buhari died in office and was replaced by a man from Niger

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ikinternational: 10:51pm On Jan 30
AareGaa:

He is a lousy person, just like most of your blodas.

Tinubu is the greatest politician Nigeria has ever produced.

Kalu is too small for Jagaban.

Tell me you're a small boy without telling me you're a small boy.

See as another man's money dey whine your prick šŸ¤£

Challenge Mighty Ikenna from Onitsha let's do one on one

See what I did to your fellow village idiot
He ran away never to be seen again šŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Konquest: 11:34pm On Jan 30
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/i-left-4-billion-balance-sheet-in-my-companies-in-1998-before-joining-politics-kalu/

He was indeed rich being a friend of Gen. Ibrahim Babangida and many military guys shortly before the August 1985 military coup. That military influence led him into lifting and exporting crude oil to refineries abroad before he had even clocked 30 years of age, despite being rusticated from the University of Maiduguri. He dabbled into a lot of businesses from the initial palm oil he was selling in Maiduguri with a N5,000 loan from his mother, to making furniture in Maiduguri, and getting a contract to make NYSC uniforms, etc, before becoming a Naira millionaire, then he became a Naira billionaire before becoming a Governor in 1999 at 39-years of age. As to the $4 billion he claimed he had, that's for him to show more proof to validate that but I reckon since the Naira was still stronger in relation to the USD and other basket of currencies, his net worth in USD must have been large based on the exchange rates as of the late 1980s and the 1990s.

I remember he said in a book that I read back in the mid-1990s entitled: "Nigeria 50 Corporate Executives" that his relocation to Lagos State from Maiduguri in the late 1980s opened his eyes to opportunities he never knew existed.

Attached below are the pictures of the younger Orji Kalu in his 20s in the 1980s, and the recent pictures of him.

1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Vision101(m): 12:19am On Jan 31
@mrvitalis
$4 billion in 1999 was mere 480 billion

Bro had airlines, shipping lines and many businesses

Politics made him poorer.

@me
Funny funny funny šŸ¤£.
Can a Nigerian go into a venture that made him poorer and he will happily remain there? Even fighting and spending more money to remain there? Which politician in Nigeria can do this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Outages ā€Žforce Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / Okota Residents Storm IKEDC Office Over Exorbitant Light Bill, Make Demand / Governor Umar Ganduje And Governor Rochas Okorocha Meets With Ibrahim Shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.