Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. (25181 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 6:23pm On Feb 18
Me and my younger sister were having our usual afternoon gossips and gists and something came up.
I asked after a close friend of hers whom i know to be very affluent and she erupted that i should stop asking after her that she doesn't support me dating any of her close friends. I asked her why, she said i have nothing to offer her friend. I mean, imagine, I'm some years away from 30, working with several firms of which 1 is among the top 10 highest grossing in the country and this big head has the audacity to tell me i can't hook her rich friend.

I take us down memory lane to the reason why she ditched her immediate ex, she told me the dude was struggling and she didn't see much prospect in him, her childhood crush oo. I asked her what's the difference between me and her? She couldn't come up with a valid response. She kept on hollering that I'm supposed to be a provider. Provider my ass.

As a man, I've set the standard of not getting involved with women below my economic class or earnings and i see nothing wrong with it. If women see marrying above one's class as normal, we men shouldn't accept anyone below par also.

Woman wey no get shingbai for account go dey give man wey dey earn conditions, what absurdity!

Let's stop fooling ourselves with love shi. Marriages and relationships are transactional.
It's an arrangement and one has to make the best of choices. What are you bringing to the table?

I blame low self esteemed men for putting a false sense of value on our women. The thing dey mess with their brain. The only thing most of them have to offer is sex, nothing more.

Men, raise your standards!

315 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Sonnobax15(m): 6:27pm On Feb 18
lipsrsealed
No be lie op...

Every man's banny suppose get the kind muscle wey the guyman himself get. ....

Imagine dating a banny whose IQ is low angry. Like zero business IQ angry. Can't add any meaningful value to her man's life angry. Unfortunately, that's the kinda of bannies that are being reared and bred in this present generation....

Wahala dey cha .

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by blackpanthar: 6:28pm On Feb 18
Negroid001:
Me and my younger sister were having our usual afternoon gossips and gists and something came up.
I asked after a close friend of hers whom i know to be very affluent and she erupted that i should stop asking after her that she doesn't support me dating any of her close friends. I asked her why, she said i have nothing to offer her friend. I mean, imagine, I'm some years away from 30, working with several firms of which 1 is among the top 10 highest grossing in the country and this big head has the audacity to tell me i can't hook her rich friend.

I take us down memory lane to the reason why she ditched her immediate ex, she told me the dude was struggling and she didn't see much prospect in him, her childhood crush oo. I asked her what's the difference between me and her? She couldn't come up with a valid response. She kept on hollering that I'm supposed to be a provider. Provider my ass.

As a man, I've set the standard of not getting involved with women below my economic class or earnings and i see nothing wrong with it. If women see marrying above one's class as normal, we men shouldn't accept anyone below par also.

Woman wey no get shingbai for account go dey give man wey dey earn conditions, what absurdity!

Let's stop fooling ourselves with love shi. Marriages and relationships are transactional.
It's an arrangement and one has to make the best of choices. What are you bringing to the table?

I blame low self esteemed men for putting a false sense of value on our women. The thing dey mess with their brain. The only thing most of them have to offer is sex, nothing more.

When women get MONEY, many feel they don't need men.
but
when men get money, they want women or they want to provide for their families.

WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE just know that many who have no money may have wonderful character and true love with awesome loyalty... but once money comes, it may all change.

So choose wisely

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Bookhub: 6:38pm On Feb 18
welcome to redpill movement
your eyes are now open.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Ynix(m): 6:48pm On Feb 18
Negroid001:

Your sister and her friend are deep in Hypergamy, she is more loyal to her friend than you. But one thing I am sure of, their bet slip will cut if not today then tomorrow. By the time they are in their 30s their eyes will be clear

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 7:21pm On Feb 18
Ynix:

Your sister and her friend are deep in Hypergamy, she is more loyal to her friend than you. But one thing I am sure of, their bet slip will cut if not today then tomorrow. By the time they are in their 30s their eyes will be clear

Nah. I know my sis, asides her excuse, we have this unwritten rule since we were young, we don't fall for each others friends.

Besides she don see the shege wey i don dish out to many exes. She's protecting her friend angry

Any decision she makes, it's up to her. My own is to watch out for her. Marriage no be achievement for my family. Erryone is career eccentric, no pressures

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 7:24pm On Feb 18
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
No be lie op...

Every man's banny suppose get the kind muscle wey the guyman himself get. ....

Imagine dating a banny whose IQ is low angry. Like zero business IQ angry. Can't add any meaningful value to her man's life angry. Unfortunately, that's the kinda of bannies that are being reared and bred in this present generation....

Wahala dey cha .

It's the entitlement that irritates me. Iron sharpenth iron, rich makes rich richer, half makes half full. With our women ehn, broke and entitled makes upcoming become finished and they move on to the next victim.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 7:25pm On Feb 18
Bookhub:
welcome to redpill movement
your eyes are now open.

If it Nairaland's redpill, sorry o, i no dey.
I don't despise women, i just have standards.

24 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 7:30pm On Feb 18
blackpanthar:

When women get MONEY, many feel they don't need men.
but
when men get money, they want women or they want to provide for their families.

WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE just know that many who have no money may have wonderful character and true love with awesome loyalty... but once money comes, it may all change.

So choose wisely

You get point bro. To be on the safe side. Pick the best. Prevention is better than a cure.

A neighbor of mine got ditched by his young beautiful wife of over 18 years. The woman started making lil change from the depo business the husband opened for her.
Automatically, the man become ugly to her. She moved away with the kids. The man dey depression for like 1 year, he is better now tho.

If he married within his class, this wouldn't have happen. Women from struggling homes have no heart, their loyalty is based on how well you can keep providing.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Ghoxt: 7:31pm On Feb 18
I concur.
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by GreatAchiever1: 8:05pm On Feb 18
OP. Your sister wasn't lying; one of your main responsibilities as a husband to your family is to provide for them. Men are supposed to be the breadwinners. Yes, your spouse can help you because she is a helper, but she does not always have to be the family's provider.

It just seems to remind me of certain women who get upset when informed that a woman should keep herself pure and chaste and not show her body parts just because it's in style. I'm not sure why you were upset when you heard that males are the providers.

And also, what is this you say that you don show women in the past shege; You are so far from living a manly life if you consider that type of life to be flex. It's beneficial to have expectations and know what kind of woman you want, so when you see one, go for it. On the other hand, if you meet a woman with whom you know you won't have a future together, don't even consider starting a relationship with her. However, what about you? Are you improving who you are? Will it bother you if your daughter marries a man who is similar to you? If not, you should get better. Recall that you are a male in the relationship, and that a man is the leader. A leader establishes the direction the relationship will take and, if applicable, will lead by example.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by KillingJoke: 8:32pm On Feb 18
Convert to Islam and get blessed with multiple harem, bobo

7 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Ynix(m): 8:40pm On Feb 18
Negroid001:

Nah. I know my sis, asides her excuse, we have this unwritten rule since we were young, we don't fall for each others friends.

Besides she don see the shege wey i don dish out to many exes. She's protecting her friend angry

Any decision she makes, it's up to her. My own is to watch out for her. Marriage no be achievement for my family. Erryone is career eccentric, no pressures

Bros I understand where you are coming from but that doesn't stop the fact that she is deep in Hypergamy else her basis for opposing your plan would have been for the fact that you have broken the heart of some of the ladies you dated earlier. Moreover, ladies like dating ruthless guys, Nevertheless it's hard for a typical Nigerian lady who often have entitlement mentality to date guys earning close to them except when time seems not to be on their time. Also no matter what Marriage is a universal achievement for Ladies including your sister

14 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by luminouz(m): 8:40pm On Feb 18
Negroid001:

You get point bro. To be on the safe side. Pick the best. Prevention is better than a cure.

A neighbor of mine got ditched by his young beautiful wife of over 18 years. The woman started making lil change from the depo business the husband opened for her.
Automatically, the man become ugly to her. She moved away with the kids. The man dey depression for like 1 year, he is better now tho.

If he married within his class, this wouldn't have happen. Women from struggling homes have no heart, their loyalty is based on how well you can keep providing.
You are wrong. Women are women, high or low class. He bought her with money and I'm betting he is a simp who never commanded her respect. You think because you married a rich babe, the union go last? No guarantees.

I understand your point about associating with broke, entitled women. They can be savages. Just make sure the rich ones are not entitled and above all, make sure she is someone who you listens to you.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 8:57pm On Feb 18
GreatAchiever1:
OP. Your sister wasn't lying; one of your main responsibilities as a husband to your family is to provide for them. Men are supposed to be the breadwinners. Yes, your spouse can help you because she is a helper, but she does not always have to be the family's provider.

It just seems to remind me of certain women who get upset when informed that a woman should keep herself pure and chaste and not show her body parts just because it's in style. I'm not sure why you were upset when you heard that males are the providers.

And also, what is this you say that you don show women in the past shege; You are so far from living a manly life if you consider that type of life to be flex. It's beneficial to have expectations and know what kind of woman you want, so when you see one, go for it. On the other hand, if you meet a woman with whom you know you won't have a future together, don't even consider starting a relationship with her. However, what about you? Are you improving who you are? Will it bother you if your daughter marries a man who is similar to you? If not, you should get better. Recall that you are a male in the relationship, and that a man is the leader. A leader establishes the direction the relationship will take and, if applicable, will lead by example.

I like your input. We're have different convictions tho. Imma do me and you do you.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 9:03pm On Feb 18
luminouz:

You are wrong. Women are women, high or low class. He bought her with money and I'm betting he is a simp who never commanded her respect. You think because you married a rich babe, the union go last? No guarantees.

I understand your point about associating with broke, entitled women. They can be savages. Just make sure the rich ones are not entitled and above all, make sure she is someone who you listens to you.

You're not getting my point, its not about she being rich.
I mean her earnings should be within the same bracket as mine. Anything below that, sorry I'm not settling for.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18
Ynix:

Bros I understand where you are coming from but that doesn't stop the fact that she is deep in Hypergamy else her basis for opposing your plan would have been for the fact that you have broken the heart of some of the ladies you dated earlier. Moreover, ladies like dating ruthless guys, Nevertheless it's hard for a typical Nigerian lady who often have entitlement mentality to date guys earning close to them except when time seems not to be on their time. Also no matter what Marriage is a universal achievement for Ladies including your sister

I get you bro. Me sef I'm hypergamy too. That's why i wasn't offended.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by luminouz(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18
Negroid001:

You're not getting my point, its not about she being rich.
I mean her earnings should be within the same bracket as mine. Anything below that, sorry I'm not settling for.
I get you. But is that all you need from a potential wife?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 9:08pm On Feb 18
luminouz:

I get you. But is that all you need from a potential wife?

Bro make we no fool ourselves.
Marriage is finance. Based on the standard I've set for myself, finance plays a prominent role.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18
KillingJoke:

Convert to Islam and get blessed with multiple harem, bobo

Haha. One woman at a time boss.
I no wan die young.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Anguldi(m): 9:32pm On Feb 18
Negroid001:

Naso I ex was telling me about putting her mum on monthly allowance. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 9:35pm On Feb 18
Anguldi:

What did you tell her?

Don't mind em.
Any responsible woman that comes from a good home has no business billing a man she's not married to. She should go and meet her father. I understand gifts and stuffs and that's all. What are you paying her for? Is she a prostitute?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Anguldi(m): 9:36pm On Feb 18
Negroid001:

What did you tell her?

Don't mind em.
Any responsible woman that comes from a good home has no business billing a man she's not married to. She should go and meet her father. I understand gifts and stuffs and that's all. What are you paying her for? Is she a prostitute?

I told her I can't

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 9:37pm On Feb 18
Anguldi:

I told her I can't

You suppose insult am.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Blitzking: 9:41pm On Feb 18
Negroid001:

Good for use and dump.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by luminouz(m): 10:19pm On Feb 18
Negroid001:

Bro make we no fool ourselves.
Marriage is finance. Based on the standard I've set for myself, finance plays a prominent role.
I get you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by luminouz(m): 10:21pm On Feb 18
Anguldi:

Since I was born I have never heard this...

😳😳😳😳😳

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by edicied: 11:03pm On Feb 18
This thread is so funny especially the way the op is defending his Olosho sister cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 11:17pm On Feb 18
edicied:
This thread is so funny especially the way the op is defending his Olosho sister cheesy

If i dey defend am. Wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by MVLOX(m): 3:20am On Feb 19
Totally agree..... My sons and my daughter will have to go through a proper orientation and and training from me before taking any martial journey..... Non of them will ever go through what I have gone through, going through and will go through

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by zed7: 6:38am On Feb 19
Im always amused to hear young men talk. You think you can handle an equal or higher earning woman? There is a reason men marry below their economic bracket.

Women will rubbish you if you are not favouring them economically. One day, they'll walk out on you, knowing very well they'll be fine without you. Half of the decisions will be taken by them. They will demand equality. You don't want to be in that shoe bro.

43 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? / Why Are Fine Boys Always Shy / The Face Of A Devil Bastard (nigerian In The Philippines)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.