Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. (25179 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 3:12pm On Apr 20
nnenwa5:

I am happy as you agreed say your sister na olosho.

Yes they all are. Including your mom and sister too. No offense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Villa12(m): 3:13pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

That's why I'm working so hard sister.
I'm investing, I'm saving. There's a big workload ahead of me.

But note. I ain't partaking in all of this stress with a liability.
No one said you should marry a liability but thinking you want a girl you both earn same in Nigeria sounds really funny. Don't get me wrong, i never said it's not possible. It's hard to come by though but possible. Just have it at the back of your mind that you may likely marry late

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by folake4u(f): 3:13pm On Apr 20
nnenwa5:

I am happy as you agreed say your sister na olosho.

What is this? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 3:13pm On Apr 20
pocohantas:

Below is what you said for people close to you.

grin grin

?
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 3:14pm On Apr 20
folake4u:

What is this? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I agreed na. Including his mom and sister too.
No offense. grin
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Villa12(m): 3:15pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

For a man or woman?
for a man obviously. You are looking for something possible but hard to come by so you shouldn't expect it come on a platter of gold. It will be easier for you if you're from a wealthy home. But if you build yourself to limelight then getting a woman within same class is always hard to come by bro. We didn't say you should marry a liability.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Villa12(m): 3:18pm On Apr 20
BlackRainDrops:
You can shout about it all you want, but the truth remains that a man is the major financial provider in a relationship or marriage. In reality, a man can marry below his economic class, but it would be disastrous for a woman to do the same. It might be difficult to swallow, but it's the truth.
simple

I don't know why some guys like to decieve themselves. It is cultural. It is the norms. The children bear your surname

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by nnenwa5: 3:19pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

Yes they all are. Including your mom and sister too. No offense
Na me call your sister olosho?. You no attack the guy, na me wey point am out to you, you dey attack?
Na wa ooo

6 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Tallesty1(m): 3:20pm On Apr 20
pocohantas:

Below is what you said for people close to you.

grin grin
Be like you wan forcefully hold his johnson one place make his piss foam.
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 3:23pm On Apr 20
nnenwa5:

Na me call your sister olosho?. You no attack the guy, na me wey point am out to you, you dey attack?
Na wa ooo

No vex my guy
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Villa12(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20
Aplaudez:
This girl legitly told me to give her 30k to work her relocation for her nysc grin

I've being laughing since morning grin grin cheesy

Like what audacity 😒, am I her father

Please laugh with me guys grin grin
if she's someone you plan to settle down with then i see nothing bad in it. Guy na money wey no dey. All these things na small thing , expecially to someone you like. Guys that are doing it are not fools. They have the means and are very much capable.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Ifyok50(m): 3:30pm On Apr 20
[quote author=UjuJoan2 post=129539785]

You can raise your standards all you want, marry a billionaire if you like. You will still be a provider, that is your role as a man!!!

No woman wants to suffer through childbirth years, thinking of how to cater for the family financially too.

Gender roles are clearly defined and nothing you men do can change that. Except you want to start growing human beings too for nine months, 2 years of your life spent on pregnancy and nursing a child. That’s 6-10 years of a woman’s life based on average household size in Nigeria.

Oga, if you are not financially capable, who will cater for the home if your wife has to quit working because of health challenges associated with childbirth?

I like your sister abeg. If she stays with the broke guy out of love, what’s to say he’s not going to turn on her tomorrow when he becomes rich.

If you don’t want to provide for a woman, then don’t get married. Don’t even date. Become celibate and adopt kids. Nobody is forcing you to get married!

Because trust me, any man who is not a provider can NEVER have respect in that marriage. Go and ask poor married men. The woman might provide but your role as a man will be diminished. Women can only support broke me up to a certain point. If a man takes advantage of the woman’s understanding and becomes lazy and dependent, my dear it will not end well for the man.

As a matter of fact, that’s why some rich ladies never settle for broke guys. Because it’s easy for a man to get too comfortable and forget his role as a man.

Even the Bible says that any man who does not provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

How correct are you! Very true! Wisdom no go finish you.

Men, please, let's take what this fellow has said.

God, go help us.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Verbtips(m): 3:37pm On Apr 20
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
No be lie op...

Every man's banny suppose get the kind muscle wey the guyman himself get. ....

Imagine dating a banny whose IQ is low angry. Like zero business IQ angry. Can't add any meaningful value to her man's life angry. Unfortunately, that's the kinda of bannies that are being reared and bred in this present generation....

Wahala dey cha .
equation balance
man+money----->woman+money
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Avast(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20
Kingrshd3:

My brother is everywhere even as I am now if am financially bouyant I wish to marry the woman I really want or let me say am tire of this marriage too I need a second wife or to start entirely again abeg.

Hmmmmmm

Marriage is a different game altogether. No matter how experienced you are before marriage, you will still face challenges from your spouse. I thank God for the one I married.

But the question is do you think the woman that you want, wants you in return?

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Fredoh(m): 3:51pm On Apr 20
Bookhub:
welcome to redpill movement
your eyes are now open.

…and they were opened by his sister.
What a sister!!
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Johnn78: 4:06pm On Apr 20
cool
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Balistic4: 4:23pm On Apr 20
luminouz:

You are wrong. Women are women, high or low class. He bought her with money and I'm betting he is a simp who never commanded her respect. You think because you married a rich babe, the union go last? No guarantees.

I understand your point about associating with broke, entitled women. They can be savages. Just make sure the rich ones are not entitled and above all, make sure she is someone who you listens to you.

Your last sentence is underrated. A woman that TRULY listens to you and CARE for you is gold
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Nonywendy(m): 4:27pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:
Me and my younger sister were having our usual afternoon gossips and gists and something came up.
I asked after a close friend of hers whom i know to be very affluent and she erupted that i should stop asking after her that she doesn't support me dating any of her close friends. I asked her why, she said i have nothing to offer her friend. I mean, imagine, I'm some years away from 30, working with several firms of which 1 is among the top 10 highest grossing in the country and this big head has the audacity to tell me i can't hook her rich friend.

I take us down memory lane to the reason why she ditched her immediate ex, she told me the dude was struggling and she didn't see much prospect in him, her childhood crush oo. I asked her what's the difference between me and her? She couldn't come up with a valid response. She kept on hollering that I'm supposed to be a provider. Provider my ass.

As a man, I've set the standard of not getting involved with women below my economic class or earnings and i see nothing wrong with it. If women see marrying above one's class as normal, we men shouldn't accept anyone below par also.

Woman wey no get shingbai for account go dey give man wey dey earn conditions, what absurdity!

Let's stop fooling ourselves with love shi. Marriages and relationships are transactional.
It's an arrangement and one has to make the best of choices. What are you bringing to the table?

I blame low self esteemed men for putting a false sense of value on our women. The thing dey mess with their brain. The only thing most of them have to offer is sex, nothing more.

Men, raise your standards!

I believe u sir. But if actually u have made it in life and decide to help one girl escape from poverty u can do it but make sure she loves u like mad
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Dpopsman123(m): 6:01pm On Apr 20
Very true. Some people can be very selfish and self centered.

Only a very few people can be happy and contented with their lazy, damaging and self complaisant class. That's why they use short term love/marriages with higher classes as an escape route.

Enough of wickedness Wickedness!

Be the change you want and attract same not lesser or more.

Peace!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Dpopsman123(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20
Blitzking:

Good for use and dump.

wicked...!
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Dpopsman123(m): 6:17pm On Apr 20
Ghoxt:
I concur.

Poverty is wicked...
!
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by xtianchris(m): 6:18pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:
Me and my younger sister were having our usual afternoon gossips and gists and something came up.
I asked after a close friend of hers whom i know to be very affluent and she erupted that i should stop asking after her that she doesn't support me dating any of her close friends. I asked her why, she said i have nothing to offer her friend. I mean, imagine, I'm some years away from 30, working with several firms of which 1 is among the top 10 highest grossing in the country and this big head has the audacity to tell me i can't hook her rich friend.

I take us down memory lane to the reason why she ditched her immediate ex, she told me the dude was struggling and she didn't see much prospect in him, her childhood crush oo. I asked her what's the difference between me and her? She couldn't come up with a valid response. She kept on hollering that I'm supposed to be a provider. Provider my ass.

As a man, I've set the standard of not getting involved with women below my economic class or earnings and i see nothing wrong with it. If women see marrying above one's class as normal, we men shouldn't accept anyone below par also.

Woman wey no get shingbai for account go dey give man wey dey earn conditions, what absurdity!

Let's stop fooling ourselves with love shi. Marriages and relationships are transactional.
It's an arrangement and one has to make the best of choices. What are you bringing to the table?

I blame low self esteemed men for putting a false sense of value on our women. The thing dey mess with their brain. The only thing most of them have to offer is sex, nothing more.

Men, raise your standards!

From the write up you can see his weakness
Earnings or not If you have a partner with Ethical intelligence you good to go.. She knows the game and she plays it well. Only have relationships with Responsible moral Girls .. Avoid Toxic girls . For your sanity Sake ...Lead and she follows...

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Dpopsman123(m): 6:21pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

You get point bro. To be on the safe side. Pick the best. Prevention is better than a cure.

A neighbor of mine got ditched by his young beautiful wife of over 18 years. The woman started making lil change from the depo business the husband opened for her.
Automatically, the man become ugly to her. She moved away with the kids. The man dey depression for like 1 year, he is better now tho.

If he married within his class, this wouldn't have happen. Women from struggling homes have no heart, their loyalty is based on how well you can keep providing.

Shy your eyes prayerfully everyone.
Poverty is wicked,
Avoid this kinda peeps anytime !
Shun every Gold diggers in your life !!
Be guided !!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by iamtoofan: 6:36pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

You're not getting my point, its not about she being rich.
I mean her earnings should be within the same bracket as mine. Anything below that, sorry I'm not settling for.

Her earning or status might be what consideration but setting it as a priority ... bro you are might kick off on the wrong foot

Lemme chip in these, submission and respect stem from a woman naturally if she can see you(man) are above her in all ramifications

Almost every woman seek a man above her class, and i think your misplaced priority for finance might make you miss the real qualities you should be looking out for

No matter how much a woman earns she wants to chop her man's money stead, while her money remains her money ... so why stress

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Kelechi009: 7:16pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

You're not getting my point, its not about she being rich.
I mean her earnings should be within the same bracket as mine. Anything below that, sorry I'm not settling for.

Everyone on this thread that you're arguing with an exception for Gerrard are living in Nigeria & they still have the backward mentality that their sole responsibility is to lift women from poverty, so every thing you say is flying over their head. I read your post and I hear you loud and clear.

Please just know that you're on the right path, the average Nigerian man believes they are suppose to marry a girl from Makoko informal settlement and place her on a monthly salary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by dmz1: 7:36pm On Apr 20
okoroemeka:
your views is very valid and on point,but nature has made it so that women are loved unconditionally but a man is loved and cherished on the condition of what he provides,a rich man can date a poor girl and lift her up but a rich woman will not even see a poor man as a human being,nature has also made men to be the head and the providers and whatever happens it is good and healthy for a man to be providing with the wife's support but if a man relaxs for a woman to provide them you will know how wicked women are,but to aspire for a woman to be in same economic class is not too much to ask,even to be in similar intellectual class is also a necessity
oga how the agric ministry now!!
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Badmashiii: 8:00pm On Apr 20
zed7:
Im always amused to hear young men talk. You think you can handle an equal or higher earning woman? There is a reason men marry below their economic bracket.

Women will rubbish you if you are not favouring them economically. One day, they'll walk out on you, knowing very well they'll be fine without you. Half of the decisions will be taken by them. They will demand equality. You don't want to be in that shoe bro.

How can i give this a million likes?

Bro you're very smart. Relationship is all about money and power. Men let's stop fooling ourselves.

Most men go purposely go for ladies beyond their economic class because that is their only leverage in a long term relationship.

Do you really think a lady earning same income or higher income than you would consider a marriage with you? In her mind she's already "settling for less " if she marries you.

Women hypergamy and pride makes them believe that a man must be absolutely superior to her to be her "EQUAL".

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Karleb(m): 8:05pm On Apr 20
Gerrard59:

Well, at the end of the day, you would still marry a woman who earns less than you. That is the truth, especially for Nigerian men who are antsy about their wives out-earning them. It is hypergamy women always aspire to men higher than they (women). It is evolutionary and
biologically. Heck, it is even economical, if not for gender equality which has reduced the number of jobs available to men.

However, where you come top is when you get women interested in you as you earn well. You would be accused of cheating by your wife or serious girlfriend, but to me, you are merely exercising your options. As long as you provide for the family and don't carry diseases to madam, I say go ahead. You are enjoying your prime, just as she had hers. Life na turn by turn.

P.S. My sister has told me the same and I laughed it off. Women are the same everywhere. In fact, Nigerian women's hypergamy is small. Swiss and Chinese Singaporean women's hypergamy are off the roof.

This hypergamy thing doesn't end with money.

There's good look.
Popularity.
Competency.
Youth.

I believe there should be others too.

Let's talk about these too.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Lekan239(m): 8:15pm On Apr 20
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
No be lie op...

Every man's banny suppose get the kind muscle wey the guyman himself get. ....

Imagine dating a banny whose IQ is low angry. Like zero business IQ angry. Can't add any meaningful value to her man's life angry. Unfortunately, that's the kinda of bannies that are being reared and bred in this present generation....

Wahala dey cha .
u either work hard, be the sole giver and provider in your household like dangote and get rest of mind...

Or u share bill and be washing plate for ous..

Mam wey wan share bill suppose share house chores too
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Badmashiii: 8:29pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

It's men with low standards that allow this.
Even the rich get married to the rich.

Two captains can't control a ship. Definitely it will sink.

Among influential people marriages,one party must surely be more influential,rich or powerful than the other.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Ajaxjay1996: 9:09pm On Apr 20
qtguru:
It's not Redpill, dating a lady with no income or prospect is a liability, but if two couples are driven they can make it. Alot of people are not ready-made.
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by NothingDoMe: 9:12pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

You get point bro. To be on the safe side. Pick the best. Prevention is better than a cure.

A neighbor of mine got ditched by his young beautiful wife of over 18 years. The woman started making lil change from the depo business the husband opened for her.
Automatically, the man become ugly to her. She moved away with the kids. The man dey depression for like 1 year, he is better now tho.

If he married within his class, this wouldn't have happen. Women from struggling homes have no heart, their loyalty is based on how well you can keep providing.
Hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? / Why Are Fine Boys Always Shy / The Face Of A Devil Bastard (nigerian In The Philippines)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.