Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? (6061 Views)

Who Says Women Are Not Attracted By What They See? / Nine Secrets Most Women Dont Tell Their Men / Why Don't Women Ask Men Out On Dates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^lmao! This natasha is something else oo. I agree though, I wasn't expecting to read this.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by eghost247(m): 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
just read this again@op who collect your feeding bottle?
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by ogaju007(m): 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
Na wwaaoo see shameless naija girls. Always expecting the guy to pay on a date hmmn wo koyagbo. Those days are so over. If you want to go out on a date and you want me to pay then drop sometin before hand afterall i go test wetin i wan pay for. grin grin grin
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by aribisala0(m): 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
i dunno who u been going on dates with. why waste so much time and money on a dress when its gonna end up on ma floor
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
Pls guys make una nor castigate the poster too much,
She probably hit the reply button before she realised she wasn't making any sense,

This is a proper case of I too know.
Nor mind my english o, Afterall nor be my mothers tongue.

I agree that looking good is good business, But I don't see how that is gonna make me spend less on the date, I thought u were gonna say u went out on a date and paid the bills, instead u came. Here to give us more. Reasons to give u a certificate of foolishness,

Anyways, I actually met a lady who not only offered to pay for the food but insisted, So I let her, And even if we didn't go out. Long I still respect her, Cos she earned it. By her method of reasoning.

U come here dey yarn opata, Abeg think before u type next time o,

1 Like

Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by ogaju007(m): 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
Why waste time effort and my money taking someone like you out when i can call for good service grin grin Yes it will cost me money but not my time.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ poster, While I understand what youre trying to say, all the things you say a woman can spend on getting ready for a date can be much less. Like maybe simplify and do your own nails and facial. Wear a dress you already have and just be yourself smiley Then, when youre on your date, when its time to pay, dont offer, just pull out your wallet and money as a matter of fact. Then theres no need for a thread in defense.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by sexlog(m): 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
@poster,
if it makes u happy, keep on.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by pendo89(f): 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
talina:

@ poster,  While I understand what youre trying to say, all the things you say a woman can spend on getting ready for a date can be much less. Like maybe simplify and do your own nails and facial. Wear a dress you already have and just be yourself smiley Then, when youre on your date, when its time to pay, dont offer, just pull out your wallet and money as a matter of fact. Then theres no need for a thread in defense.

you have my mind.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Outstrip(f): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
If a gentleman asks a lady out on a date it is rude for the woman to pay. He asked and he pays. Especially on a first date. If a man asks you out on a date and waits for you to pay then high tail it out of there. He is not a gentleman
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by MrCork17: 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
slimyem:

I find it offensive that men always think it's all about the money paid on the date. The costs are far more than that. When a man asks me on a date, he plans to wear the same shirt and trousers he probably wore last week. With the same shoes, run a comb through his hair, buys some petrol and he's ready for the date. With women, it's different. When a guy asks me out, regimes need to be followed. If it's a good week, a facial. Then my hair, a manicure and a pedicure. I have to think of a dress to wear,  If I don't have one, I have to buy one. And fashion in Lagos is an expensive hobby. There are shoes to consider and a purse big enough to hold my phone and lipstick. By the time I'm ready for that date or a night out, I've probably spent twice what he'll spend for the whole night. Who said girls never pay? That's a blatant lie from the pits of hell!!!

sliMYAM. sweeery u look skiiny and hungry. where the heck are you goin to get moiney to pay for a date (no oofeinsce) undecided
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by MrCork17: 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
and since when does a black woman pay for a date? they just too scambolacasasive! angry
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Spclst900: 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2011
whoever proposes a date ought to pay  but some dont see it that way that's why they keep fixing dates becos the guys will always pay.

Idowuogbo:

hehehe stingy boi , buy puff puff jo
buns cheap pass
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by pendo89(f): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
Outstrip:

If a gentleman asks a lady out on a date it is rude for the woman to pay. He asked and he pays. Especially on a first date. If a man asks you out on a date and waits for you to pay then high tail it out of there. He is not a gentleman

That is how it is but as a lady never ever assume esp on first dates. Have cash with you incase anything happens.
My principle is never go out broke. I like covering up risks to avoid embarrasment or danger.
Thing is,he knows I can pay for myself because the interest I have in him supercedes the value of the meal.
That means I took time to study him before accepting to go out on a date and therefore am okay with sharing costs.
Its a happy feeling cz hes a friend that I love.Thats how it should be. In most cases a guy that loves you enough to want to take you out will settle the cost.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
Many ladies seem to think they are giving something by accepting a date. If you do not like the person, no need to waste time on 'dates'. Dates, as many people see it is chop and sex.

If you wanna go dating for life or wanna become a dating champion, then choose your dates carefully and do not complain.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by annawhite(f): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
agnesefe:

It’s really humorous to read and hear illogic like this. Now, extend the scenario and argument further and, pray tell how appearing presentable at events, interviews and other engagements, conduces to one bearing the cost of hosting and organizing them. To be adjudged lovely is entirely at anyone’s behest or call and, is weighed to exact a measure of appreciation or praise, both by self and the other party, with possible extensions in the tenure of interest beyond the moment.

No better convincing impression exists than being oneself and making bold admissions and gratitude for the roles we all play in the making and sustenance of associations.

my medula oblongata is memerized at yur scholartic grammer,pls i beg to associate wit yu as a friend and sustain d relationshp. grin
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by johndavid1(m): 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
eghost247:

can u show us tell us or explain to us how u reached this conclusion that men think its all about the money paid on a date, and why should u go through all this for a date?, why do u have to buy new clothes to go on a date.?people get married with jeans and sneakers so i find it ridiculous that u need to go through so much for a date
na true na
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by slimyem: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
i'm surprised at all this attacks and outbursts and i seriously wonder how many people here can properly comprehend and read btwn lines of three simple statements.
Apart from the fact that this is an attempt at humor,which y'all cant recognise anyways,naturally,If you get to ask anyone out on a date,you should be responsible for bearing the costs.
You guys should stop whining and crying out much you spend on women and whatever.as far as i'm concerned,no one's dipping hands into your pockets.
If you balls arent grown,then dont bother asking any girl out.simples!
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Outstrip(f): 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2011
pendo89:

That is how it is but as a lady never ever assume esp on first dates. Have cash with you incase anything happens.
My principle is never go out broke. I like covering up risks to avoid embarrasment or danger.
Thing is,he knows I can pay for myself because the interest I have in him supercedes the value of the meal.
That means I took time to study him before accepting to go out on a date and therefore am okay with sharing costs.
Its a happy feeling cz hes a friend that I love.Thats how it should be. In most cases a guy that loves you enough to want to take you out will settle the cost.

Of course. As a matter of fact when you get to a certain point in life you attract certain kinds of people abi. The type of person you are will also attract a certain type of person. The man is usually planning the first date so he will plan according to his pocket. I think it is a shameless man that comes unprepared for a date and if it appears that he is waiting for you to pay then go ahead and pay yours and if you want to make a statement pay his also but respect yourself and don't answer the phone the nest time he calls
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Outstrip(f): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
slimyem:

i'm surprised at all this attacks and outbursts and i seriously wonder how many people here can properly comprehend and read btwn lines of three simple statements.
Apart from the fact that this is an attempt at humor,which y'all cant recognise anyways,naturally,If you get to ask anyone out on a date,you should be responsible for bearing the costs.
You guys should stop whining and crying out much you spend on women and whatever.as far as i'm concerned,no one's dipping hands into your pockets.
If you balls arent grown,then dont bother asking any girl out.simples!

Don't defend yourself. Your message was very clear. It was not a totally serious posts and I get it. I agree with everything you said. If even I as a married woman still does these things I would imagine that a single lady would even do more.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
A good reason why ladies should go to school, work hard and have a more advanced mentality to 'dating'. As long as you are waiting to pounce on 'the money from the guy dating me', you would always present yourself as a greedy gold digger.

Dating is very different from 'paying for s3x'.

Many ladies see dating as : 'Guy, take me out, buy me stuff'.

If a guy is taking you out and paying your bills and you give him 'stuff' in return, that aint dating.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by pendo89(f): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
divine2043:

If a guy is taking you out and paying your bills and you give him 'stuff' in return, that aint dating.

That is shortterm pleasure. Outings/dates provide a platform to get to know each other better.
The reason value shouldn't be attached to it.I dont equate a great date to value spent.
If he takes me to a 5 star establishment and we end up spending usd 500 on meals alone without a significant impact/progress on our relationship,I don't think I will accept another date from him. Something progressive should always come out everytime one goes out.That is value added to the relationship.
I place more value on the quality of the date than the value spent on it.
My opinion anyway
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by badmus77(m): 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
Lmao, I dnt call that spending at all, the problem with women, they always wanna buy new stuffs, dates, clubs, parties, going all these hrs of preparation is wahala, maybe you don't women's clothes are half the price of men's clothes and the venue determines the price tag at the end of the day, Still waiting for the day a lady will say to me, dnt worry, I will sort out the bill, loool
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by slimyem: 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
divine2043:

A good reason why ladies should go to school, work hard and have a more advanced mentality to 'dating'. As long as you are waiting to pounce on 'the money from the guy dating me', you would always present yourself as a greedy gold digger.

Dating is very different from 'paying for s3x'.

Many ladies see dating as : 'Guy, take me out, buy me stuff'.

hehehe.yeye dey talk.
Maybe you need to read all over again.this is so not about who buys stuff for who.it is about going out on dates.the above gibberish is not relevant to topic.thanks!
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
Well Pendo,

I have to hold my hands up, that was a mature response from you.

I think that these days there is so much vanity when it comes to meeting up with people. Any lady that cannot hold an intelligent conversation and is not up and doing would never be a 'turn on'. I would be surprised if intelligent ladies do not expect the same from guys.

Returning to the original post, ladies should understand that it is not all about the looks. Looks without brains is a turn off for many guys, unless of course, the guy only wants, you guessed right.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by MrCork17: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
Slimyam.  sweery can we?  tongue
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
Slimyem,

It is obvious, the kind of lady you are. No surprise what you are made of. My comments did not attack any one. Learn to be smart enough to make your opinions known without personal attacks.

Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by pendo89(f): 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
The op is okay in expressing her thoughts.
As a lady I know that we ladies would go out of our ways to look good esp when that tall handsome and dark gentleman you have been admiring from far asks you out.
Truth is first impressions matter a lot.They do to me. But I dont  think I would really stress.
I have learnt that a serious guy wouldn't care if you come dressed in jeans or t-shirt.He will love you regardless and enjoy time with you. That simplicity I love.
Its okay to spruce yourself up but do it comfortably without going broke. Work with what you got.
It just boosts your esteem but doesn't make the guy love you more.
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Htman: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
i think its the job of the men, "in most cases"
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by yme1(f): 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
I don't see what the hype is about date really, yeah I know I'm old fashioned
I love to look good everyday so a date doesn't need much wears from me
But it depends on how special u r then I might go get one of my special handbag form my box for the date that's as far as I can do cheesy
As for the restaurant I really don't care even burger is perfect for me but if u wanna raise the bar high for urself do u thang if u r up for it cool
I don't care paying for the meal when we go out but I expect the invitee to be polite enough to do the honour grin
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by Slyr0x: 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
It’s really humorous to read and hear illogic like this. Now, extend the scenario and argument further and, pray tell how appearing presentable at events, interviews and other engagements, conduces to one bearing the cost of hosting and organizing them. To be adjudged lovely is entirely at anyone’s behest or call and, is weighed to exact a measure of appreciation or praise, both by self and the other party, with possible extensions in the tenure of interest beyond the moment.

No better convincing impression exists than being oneself and making bold admissions and gratitude for the roles we all play in the making and sustenance of associations.

. . .and your point is? grin grin
Re: Who Says Women Dont Ever Pay On Dates? by slimyem: 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
divine2043:

Slimyem,

It is obvious, the kind of lady you are. No surprise what you are made of. My comments did not attack any one. Learn to be smart enough to make your opinions known without personal attacks.

you dont know shyte about what kinda person i am so dont even go there.
Like are said before,you are one of those who needs to recognise humor when you see one.learn to be smart enough to do it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TGIS!! ME On Bed With My Sex Doll, First Round Of Sex. PICS / If You Bleep Her Too Much This Is What She Will Give You.. / Ladies: My Packs More Obvious Than That Of Iyanya, Psquare And Flavour.. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.