Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe (18531 Views)

Associating My Name With Dasuki’s Case, Shameful – Falae / The Rise and Shameful Fall Of Nnamdi Kanu (PICS) / Spanish Police Smash Nigerian Prostitution Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2011
I feel the ladies are better off in Europe, they have a better chance of being protected than their birth country. The ABSU incident springs to mind.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
lucabrasi:

no one is judging them but the simple fact of it is that there is not excuse for prostitution.if polish,estonian,brazillian e.t.c girls can work in factories,in farms to earn money without resorting to prostitution then nigerian ladies have absolutely no excuse.its like saying an armed robber has an excuse for involving him/herself in that vice

Why are Nigerian men into fraud? What's their excuse if other immigrants can live in the same country without tainting the image of their birthplace.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Pharoh: 5:25am On Nov 14, 2011
stillwater:

Why are Nigerian men into fraud? What's their excuse if other immigrants can live in the same country without tainting the image of their birthplace.

Almost the same excuse why those girls are into prostitution.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Kobojunkie: 5:28am On Nov 14, 2011
The problem with the African society is people are crying for help but no one is listening. So many have CONCLUDED, without even speaking to the gals, that they are in it for the money. Is this really how to develop, change a society, any society?
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by sam79(m): 5:57am On Nov 14, 2011
Aside hydrocarbon, Prostitution, fraud and drug are d next foreign exchange earners for Nigeria and indeed Africa.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:07am On Nov 14, 2011
sam79:

Aside hydrocarbon, Prostitution, fraud and drug are d next foreign exchange earners for Nigeria and indeed Africa.
are you in any of these categories?
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by tukzee: 9:03am On Nov 14, 2011
This is is clear evidence of how so many Nigerians have been forced out of this country to go and do menial and unhealthy jobs outside Nigeria,
Time has come when our government should do something about the plight of our youths in this country.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Okijajuju1(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2011
Most of these girls dont know better jor!

Some had no idea what they were going over there to do, all they know is that outside of Nigeria, you can make it big.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by thameamead(f): 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2011
They operate here in London, I use to work as a chamber maid at Hilton Metropole on Edgeware Road, lots of Nigerian Politicans as well as First Class 419 and Yahoo Yahoo guys stay at the hotel whenever they are is town, in the evening lots of Married Nigerian women, single girls flock to the hotel to see them, they spend the nite with them and they are off the following morning, some of the girls get lots of money while some are short-changed, i understand the same thing happens at the Hilton on Park lane,

The girls in Europe have no choice, the ones here in the Uk have a choice, most of them are civil servant, i spotted a few nurses but the ones in Europe are forced to sleep with men for different reasons. I visited Red Light District in Holland and I was shockeD, most of the girls seemed fine in their glass but a few looked like they have no choice, a pretty girl I spotted looked like she was was finished, she was pretty, lots of the men were staring at her but she looked like she was lost, she looked like she had lost direction, she need someone to find her a map, I wanted to chat to her but she blanked me, it was really sad. She was Nigerian, i could tell by her accent when some Arab men were chating to her.

2 Likes

Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by logica(m): 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2011
thameamead:

a pretty girl I spotted looked like she was was finished, she was pretty, lots of the men were staring at her but she looked like she was lost, she looked like she had lost direction, she need someone to find her a map, I wanted to chat to her but she blanked me, it was really sad. She was Nigerian, i could tell by her accent when some Arab men were chating to her.
Saddening. Even sadder when we are in desperate need of help but can't identify where the help is coming from.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by cynthiafred67(f): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

Most of these girls dont know better jor!

Some had no idea what they were going over there to do, all they know is that outside of Nigeria, you can make it big.

^^^ I think u are on point some of them are been deceived and used out there
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Kobojunkie: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2011
What does "blanked me" mean?
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by logica(m): 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What does "blanked me" mean?
Ignored. Snubbed.

I can imagine this was a woman who was conned with promises of a wonderful modeling career (especially since she was described as attractive). And she's too lost to know when a helping hand is extended.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by aribisala0(m): 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
removed
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by aribisala0(m): 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2011
maybe she was ashamed
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by bigshow123: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2011
prostitution is a legal profession in some of these european countries . infact, prostitutes who pay their taxes as at wen due qualifies to receive pension for life. life is a choice. u will be amazed at many nigerians around who enjoy the act, though discreetly
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by lucabrasi(m): 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2011
aribisala0:

it is easy to be smug in front of a computer. the real world is different.
not every LovePeddler does it willingly.
have you spoken to or interviewed any. some arrive in europe at 13,14 and their passports are seized. some are locked up. some have babies seized . etc many of these girls come direct from villages in Edo state after swearing oaths with their parents' consent. it is not as simple as you think
the analogy with armed robbery does not work.
prostitution is legal in most european countries

the real issue is that many of these girls are illegal migrants brought in by gangs and so they cannot work legally
there are lots of brazilian and polish LovePeddlers just like there are nigerian farm workers. in london all nationalities are represented in prostitution
difference is many nigerians are brought in by human trafficking cartels who can and do kill to set examples .
they spend money on travel documents and airfare and they intend to be paid typically up to $80000 per girl over many years. of course not every girl they bring in is rewarding ; some are deported,run away,die etc so they have to be ruthless
so find out more so you can talk from an informed perspective.
in italy it is very serious business involving the camorra mafia they take a cut . much of this information is on the internet and you can talk to naija guys on ground too

in the early days this scenario you have painted was rampant especially in italy and this is basically because it was an underground thing that the government did not know existed. now the italian government know this exists and are pro actively working to nip it in the bud. the italian government have structures in place specifically to safeguard vulnerable girls besides this,unless a girl is blind,deaf and dumb in nigeria of 2011 there is absolutely no way she won't know what goes on in italy, hence saying you were told that you are going to get a proper job is being economical with the truth, a woman comes into your village and picks only girls no men for years on end to italy and you have no idea whats going on?

its just like the over used excuse prostitutes give when asked why they are in prostitution,they say they are using it to fund their way through school or have to take care of their family or because there are no jobs.

i agree with you that a lot of money is involved,however this is precisely what attracts those girls into doing it,especially as employment is hard to find in italy,spain e.t.c a self respecting girl will rather do any menial job rather than sell herself for thousands of dollars.the point is that there are choices and they have simply decided to go for the more lucrative choice.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by lucabrasi(m): 6:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
stillwater:

exactly! so they both have a choice , my point being that the girls have a choice of doing menial jobs in italy and all these places rather than being prostitutes but they decided freely to work as prostitutes.human trafficking is a reason but majority of them are there out of choice
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^
Menial jobs, you talk as if you don't know laws govern countries. Nigeria is not even among 10 most hookers originated nations of the world. People are even dying to be p.o.r.n stars not this stigmatized hookers cheap sex trade. All society indulge it only some are better protected than the others.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by aribisala0(m): 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2011
lucabrasi:

in the early days this scenario you have painted was rampant especially in italy and this is basically because it was an underground thing that the government did not know existed. now the italian government know this exists and are pro actively working to nip it in the bud. the italian government have structures in place specifically to safeguard vulnerable girls besides this,unless a girl is blind,deaf and dumb in nigeria of 2011 there is absolutely no way she won't know what goes on in italy, hence saying you were told that you are going to get a proper job is being economical with the truth, a woman comes into your village and picks only girls no men for years on end to italy and you have no idea whats going on?

its just like the over used excuse LovePeddlers give when asked why they are in prostitution,they say they are using it to fund their way through school or have to take care of their family or because there are no jobs.

i agree with you that a lot of money is involved,however this is precisely what attracts those girls into doing it,especially as employment is hard to find in italy,spain e.t.c a self respecting girl will rather do any menial job rather than sell herself for thousands of dollars.the point is that there are choices and they have simply decided to go for the more lucrative  choice.

plausible but i am afraid rather naive. truth is many young children are still sold across africa
many are in lagos as houseboys/girls. it is the same in gabon and ivory coast. a lot are used to work on farms or similar tasks. often they are sold by parents or so called guardians.
one doe not need to go to europe to see it. the money does not enter the hands of the kids.
in lagos there are places you can Be Intimate with kids of 10 11 12  for money
in many african countries like cameroun e.g white people come as tourists specifically for this . i am not saying everything is the same all i am saying is please spare us this sitting with my key board this is exactly how all of life is routine. there are hundreds of stories out there. quite often there are no choices. i know i have seen . i wasn't told
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2011
Ofcourse slavery is still alive in Africa, and in the Open. Some children are sold off at the early age of 3 -4.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by lucabrasi(m): 11:35pm On Nov 14, 2011
aribisala0:

plausible but i am afraid rather naive. truth is many young children are still sold across africa
many are in lagos as houseboys/girls. it is the same in gabon and ivory coast. a lot are used to work on farms or similar tasks. often they are sold by parents or so called guardians.
one doe not need to go to europe to see it. the money does not enter the hands of the kids.
in many african countries like cameroun e.g white people come as tourists specifically for this . i am not saying everything is the same all i am saying is please spare us this sitting with my key board this is exactly how all of life is routine. there are hundreds of stories out there. quite often there are no choices. i know i have seen . i wasn't told
i am not burying my head in the sand saying child trafficking does not exist,it is obvious that it is going on and the most vulnerable i.e children and women are the victims hit hardest.however we must be clear and precise in our submissions.

first off,nigeria/african and the situations inherent concerning the issue of trafficking is totally different from that of italy and the rest of europe, clear distinction
second in europe don't forget there are several organisations,police squads put in place to combat child and women trafficking, there are also psychological help in place and safe houses precisely to help these women and children.the debate on here is not about victims in africa but in europe massive difference.

if you check the nairaland homepage you will see an article about a sister who murdered her blood sister over an aristo,

some months ago we heard of the banker who committed suicide because a rich aristo would not marry her,

on some blogs about 3 months or so ago there was a girl who was bathed with hot oil by her friend over aristo

and I'm sure you heard or read about the girls on twitter abusing each other and saying all sorts which became a massive thing online

the point of my preamble is that the girls doing this kind of job in europe had that mind set before they left this country.the few examples i have given above are young girls both in nigeria and abroad,many of them from well to do/wealthy homes who should ordinarily be insulated from poverty and any such ills which might push them to prostitution.

i will use a similar correlation like i have used before,when a guy before travelling out vows to build 10 mansions after 5 yrs abroad by any means,he gets abroad and becomes a yahoo yahoo or 419,will you accept an excuse as tenable that he was forced to it because he borrowed money to get a visa?or because he was threatened? its the mind set he left nigeria with manifesting in what he is prepared to do to get a lot of money within a short time with a minimal amount of effort
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by logica(m): 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2011
aribisala0:

What?! Where? I thought this only goes on in Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam. When did this start?
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by aribisala0(m): 12:02am On Nov 15, 2011
lucabrasi:

the point of my preamble is that[b] the girls doing this kind of job in europe had that mind set before they left this country[/b].the few examples i have given above are young girls both in nigeria and abroad,many of them from well to do/wealthy homes who should ordinarily be insulated from poverty and any such ills which might push them to prostitution.

the fact that some know does not mean ALL know.
many are quite young and naive and even when they know have no REAL CHOICE
you are talking theory.
i know some of  these people in flesh and blood.all that talk about polish girls picking lettuces make me laugh.
they are EU citizens and many are on the game
you sound like someone who has seen a lot of films and read a lot of books.
In much of the EU if you have correct papers and choose to be a prossie you will do well. but most naija do not have paper and are indebted to very dangerous criminals.

the koko with naija is if they spend 7000 euros bringing you in you must pay at least 8 times that and if you do not comply they will kill you and no one will notice. they can even kill your people in naija. they can hold you down and inject you with heroin. so leave all that laptop yarn. poo dey happen on ground
from what you are saying i very much doubt that you have ever been to italy. find out about castel volturno. the problem in italy is not just growing but doubling yearly
no one is saying that the european governments don't try but their efforts ar a drop in the ocean. it is not a priority and they don't have enough money to scratch the surface of the problem

you seem to be  saying there are police in europe so there is no crime.
you seem to have little knowledge of human nature and the real evil human beings are capable of. i have seen girls locked up in bunk bedded rooms who have not seen daylight in months. not on film or in a  book but in europe funnily they were not nigerian they were from eastern europe but it is not only prostitution just last month here in england something similar was busted . this time they were used on farms very much like slaves. really i know what i have seen. so you keep believing what you like i will stay where i am .
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by lucabrasi(m): 12:37am On Nov 15, 2011
^^^^^^
you seem to be making a whole raft of assumptions about an individual you know absolutely nothing about?

obviously there are real victims of child trafficking no one has argued that,this does not discount the fact that majority have a say/choice in what becomes of them.

dude,you don't know me so don't make assumptions,i am also making my comments based on those i have met who have either lived in italy or still live there or former madams.
how exactly did you conclude by a couple of comments that i have never been to italy before?
is it right for me to assert that you have never been to italy before as well based on your contrary opinion to mine?surely this doesn't make any sense

did you see the documentary i think on bbc or channel 4 sometime this year?the reporter told the girl in clear terms what she would be doing in italy and what was the girl's answer?she said she does not mind!you can still search for the documentary on youtube and watch it in your free time.
i will advice you to stop seeing things from rose tinted eyes as well and ask people who are indigenes of edo,benin and other places where majority of these girls hail from.
they own the mansions,luxury cars,shopping complexes even their parents help them with diabolical stuffs that will and are being used on european customers to make them part with large amounts of money.

pls go and find out how much these girls and their parents pay in the full knowledge of what they are going there to do,
lets forget about the madams sponsoring them for a moment,what about the girls who out of their own volition go through libyan deserts just so they will enter into europe through spain? were they coerced as well??

the university undergraduates who roll with aristos were they co erced?

by your handle i can see you live in the uk,pls go to university of kent in canterbury and find out how many young nigerian girls some not more than 22 who are being sponsored there by their aristos, if you know anyone who passed out or was in the university within the last 4 yrs i will name some girls and even a girl whose aristo bought her a flat in town

when you are looking at an issue you have to be balanced and not biased for every girl being forced to prostitute do you know how many do this out of their own free will?

this is not about what human beings are capable of its about people making clear choices, some will reason that they will rather get paid for what they are giving out for free.
some will reason that fi they can make x amount of money in nigeria then in europe they will make x amount of money within a specific time frame
the same way a mechanic carpenter believes he is going there to practise his skills thats the same mind set some girls have.

go to unilag with a nice car in the evening without talking girls will approach you,same goes for many higher institutions
go to ogun state university undergraduates maintain hotel rooms paid for all through the month in lagos

prostitution is a vice which is rampant amongst nigerian girls so we should stop deceiving ourselves
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by aribisala0(m): 12:43am On Nov 15, 2011
lucabrasi:

^^^^^^
for every girl being forced to LovePeddler do you know how many do this out of their own free will?

i do not have statistics and cannot comment on it with real certainty truth is i do NOT know. wht i do NOT know is a lot more than what i know.
from what you have written it is clear you think you know so much and really know very little on the subject
you even pronounce on who is in the majority.

no i  do not know  you but you talk with so much certainty about what you know so little.
no one said prostitution is not rampant it is rampant worldwide. everywhere
you say majority .how do you know did you do a census? that is what you want to believe
you are so sure and certain and it is clear you know so little. that is not an assumption it is manifest in everything you say. i am not out to show myself so i will not say anymore
exactly what you accuse me of doing(making assumptions) is what you do for this girls.

you are a  one. i am done with you. write a book if you like
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Kobojunkie: 4:08am On Nov 15, 2011
stillwater:

I feel the ladies are better off in Europe, they have a better chance of being protected than their birth country. The ABSU incident springs to mind.

There is absolutely no question about that. The women are better off in Europe, especially if they are legal and know to run to the authorities when harmed. Problem I have with the attitude of some Nigerians abroad is they are still so stuck in that Nigerian mindset that they do not realize the authorities/law is there for their good.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by logica(m): 4:35am On Nov 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Problem I have with the attitude of some Nigerians abroad is they are still so stuck in that Nigerian mindset that they do not realize the authorities/law is there for their good.
You actually think a girl straight from the village can figure this out? Or you actually think someone who believes some mumbo-jumbo she recited while Unclad in front of some effigy will kill her if she reneges on an agreement can figure this out? There is a reason that such people are usually rescued by a concerned citizen informing the authorities or a lawyer: ignorance.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Jenifa1: 4:43am On Nov 15, 2011
It is quite shameful.

Something we should also try to think about is that some of these girls got to italy underaged and helpless. Let's expose the pimps and traffickers as well. The latter are the ones mostly responsible for, and benefiting from this sex trade.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Kobojunkie: 4:44am On Nov 15, 2011
logica:

You actually think a girl straight from the village can figure this out? Or you actually think someone who believes some mumbo-jumbo she recited while Unclad in front of some effigy will kill her if she reneges on an agreement can figure this out? There is a reason that such people are usually rescued by a concerned citizen informing the authorities or a lawyer: ignorance.

This is not about being straight from the village. Once one enters any new land, one ought to immerse oneself in discovering what is available, where the exit doors exist, opportunities etc. If the same village girl were to move from the village to, say Lagos, she almost immediately goes out learning what Lagos has to offer etc. And this is why I say that for many of these girls, there is a link to the parental unit and how they were raised.

I am not speaking of any particular group but in general. Even Nigerians here legally get caught in this mistake of not understanding how the system is not in place to OPPRESS them but to embolden them.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by logica(m): 5:00am On Nov 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This is not about being straight from the village. Once one enters any new land, one ought to immerse oneself in discovering what is available, where the exit doors exist, opportunities etc. If the same village girl were to move from the village to, say Lagos, she almost immediately goes out learning what Lagos has to offer etc.
And you think a girl brought into Italy illegally will have the confidence to go explore Italy? Even worse, you think a girl literally kept under lock and key except when she's dropped off around a corner actually is street-smart enough to know how to plot her escape? Just be grateful that you come from an enlightened background (my assumption). If you come from a background where ignorance is worn like a cloak, you need help; because you can't help yourself. Case closed.
Re: Shameful Culture Of Prostitution Among Nigerian Females In Europe by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Nov 15, 2011
logica:

And you think a girl brought into Italy illegally will have the confidence to go explore Italy? Even worse, you think a girl literally kept under lock and key except when she's dropped off around a corner actually is street-smart enough to know how to plot her escape? Just be grateful that you come from an enlightened background (my assumption). If you come from a background where ignorance is worn like a cloak you need help. You can't help yourself. Case closed.
Kobojunkie:

This is not about being straight from the village. Once one enters any new land, one ought to immerse oneself in discovering what is available, where the exit doors exist, opportunities etc. If the same village girl were to move from the village to, say Lagos, she almost immediately goes out learning what Lagos has to offer etc. And this is why I say that for many of these girls, there is a link to the parental unit and how they were raised.

I am not speaking of any particular group but in general. Even Nigerians here legally get caught in this mistake of not understanding how the system is not in place to OPPRESS them but to embolden them.

Kobojunkie:

There is absolutely no question about that. The women are better off in Europe, [size=13pt]especially if they are legal and know to run to the authorities when harmed. Problem I have with the attitude of some Nigerians abroad is they are still so stuck in that Nigerian mindset that they do not realize the authorities/law is there for their good. [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Parties, Five Presidential Candidates May Boycott Elections / Prince Charles To Visit Nigeria In November / Anthony Joshua's Victory Justifies Ogun Investment In Sports - Gov Dapo Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.