Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,629 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? (48467 Views)

What Hair Type Am I? (Photos) / How Girls Sleep When They Make New Hair Style (pic) / Sexy Mini Dress! Which Style Do You Like Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:02am On Jan 26, 2009
A new hair cut and a likkle high lights. . . cheesy cheesy

An hour! kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by follypimpi(m): 3:35am On Jan 26, 2009
I ve got single plaits on,took me 2hrs i felt like a lady for once.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mohawkchic(f): 4:43am On Jan 26, 2009
~Shadow Fade . . . grin Took me all of one week!!
[size=4pt]To Grow that Is! tongue[/size]
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mohawkchic(f): 4:48am On Jan 26, 2009
SeanT21:

this is the hairstyle i have on

This is the same pic i give to the lady.It cost me 100 bucks and it lasted till midnight!!

~Jeez! It will have to be in my dreams for me to braid that little . . .That's not even "Little" that's a Tiny pinch of hair!! -I like the hair combo tho- Did you use the same colour?
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by iice(f): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2009
MC, are you no more rocking that bonded hair?

@Topic
The hair is just down took me about a minute and a half to comb and style grin
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by spikedcylinder: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2009
Check my profile. tongue
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mohawkchic(f): 7:45pm On Jan 26, 2009
iice:

MC, are you no more rocking that bonded hair?

@Topic
The hair is just down took me about a minute and a half to comb and style grin

~iice . . . i took it off ages ago then shave my hair off again!! -I swear if my head could talk,it will tell me to leave it the heck alone! embarassed

~I soOoo want to fight the urge N-O-T to shave it off again & let it grow now,it does grow fast too . . . . am so looking forward to rock the Rihanna/Kellis do!But am all mouth about it . . . .for Now!! Whether i will eventually,well the jury is still out on that one! cheesy
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mohawkchic(f): 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Check my profile. tongue

~Just did!! You looking mighty Fine too! wink Rock that fringe Sista! cheesy Oooh B.T.W love the green eyeshadow!
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by spikedcylinder: 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Just did!! You looking mighty Fine too! wink Rock that fringe Sista! cheesy Oooh B.T.W love the green eyeshadow!

Awww! Thanks MHC. grin kiss
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mohawkchic(f): 3:45am On Jan 27, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Awww! Thanks MHC. grin kiss

~You're Most Welcome kiss
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by iice(f): 2:24pm On Jan 27, 2009
mohawkchic:

~iice . . . i took it off ages ago then shave my hair off again!! -I swear if my head could talk,it will tell me to leave it the heck alone! embarassed

~I soOoo want to fight the urge N-O-T to shave it off again & let it grow now,it does grow fast too . . . . am so looking forward to rock the Rihanna/Kellis do!But am all mouth about it . . . .for Now!! Whether i will eventually,well the jury is still out on that one! cheesy

Ahhh you this woman tongue
But i think the Rihanna look will be the bomb.

Spike, nice hair. Always wanted to have shorter bangs but am thinking what if i don't like it and i don't want to make do with that till it grows. undecided
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mohawkchic(f): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2009
iice:

Ahhh you this woman tongue
But i think the Rihanna look will be the bomb

~Na Wetin? tongue You Siggy Inspired me to stay. . .Bald . . "No Bad hair day" . . cheesy ~ tongue ~

~This Summer am defo goona Rock that Do!
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by SeanT21(f): 9:21am On Jan 29, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Na Wetin? tongue You Siggy Inspired me to stay. . .Bald . . "No Bad hair day" . . cheesy ~ tongue ~

~This Summer am defo goona Rock that Do!

MC,I can see from your profile you got the short cut look going on.What inspired you to cut your hair?~~I can never see that happening to me~~!!I love Long Hair!!

What products do u use to keep it looking hot?
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mohawkchic(f): 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2009
SeanT21:

MC,I can see from your profile you got the short cut look going on.What inspired you to cut your hair?~~I can never see that happening to me~~!!I love Long Hair!!

What products do u use to keep it looking hot?

~Hmm i'd say it's a toss between my desire to make a Fashion Statement & the need for Constant Change . . . that Inspiried me to go for the chop!! Ooh Yeah and the Fact i've got a nice Perfectly Round head! grin . . i get bored of seeing the same ole face staring back at me grin I like the "Well Hello" factor with New-Barely-There/Short natural hairstyles cheesy

~First time i cut my hair off, i was barely a teenage& that was a L-O-N-G time ago tongue- It was a spur-of-the-moment decision . .didnt give it a second thought,I just did it . . I discovered a new Me! Loved that it was such Low maintenance & the versitility of Rocking between a Shadow Fade & Curly short ~Short Dreads ~ Mohawk ~Faux-Hawk is fab!

~Much as i prefer my hair short/Cut/Shaved,I do like long hair too but only for a couple of weeks/months the most!I do have moments i feel like Rocking Weaves/Braids & I've also let my hair grow beyond short . . Really cant be arsed to do the routine when am set in my ways of not having to "Take Care" of my hair,talk less of going thro the hassle on a weave!! angry

~Dont use One specific product . . .Depending on the length my hair's grown,i can use

*Softsheen Carson Lets's Jam's
*Motions Hair Cream
*Bee's Wax
*Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing hair Lotion
*There's a wax in a round tin that looks like shoe polish . . cant think of the name for the life of me undecided men use it
*Or Nothing at all . .my hair is really good to me . . for Now at least! tongue
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by oge4real(f): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2009
kinky dreads, took 4 hrs.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by SeanT21(f): 3:51am On Jan 30, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Hmm i'd say it's a toss between my desire to make a Fashion Statement & the need for Constant Change . . . that Inspiried me to go for the chop!! Ooh Yeah and the Fact i've got a nice Perfectly Round head! grin . . i get bored of seeing the same ole face staring back at me grin I like the "Well Hello" factor with New-Barely-There/Short natural hairstyles cheesy

~First time i cut my hair off, i was barely a teenage& that was a L-O-N-G time ago tongue- It was a spur-of-the-moment decision . .didnt give it a second thought,I just did it . . I discovered a new Me! Loved that it was such Low maintenance & the versitility of Rocking between a Shadow Fade & Curly short ~Short Dreads ~ Mohawk ~Faux-Hawk is fab!

~Much as i prefer my hair short/Cut/Shaved,I do like long hair too but only for a couple of weeks/months the most!I do have moments i feel like Rocking Weaves/Braids & I've also let my hair grow beyond short . . Really cant be arsed to do the routine when am set in my ways of not having to "Take Care" of my hair,talk less of going thro the hassle on a weave!! angry

~Dont use One specific product . . .Depending on the length my hair's grown,i can use

*Softsheen Carson Lets's Jam's
*Motions Hair Cream
*Bee's Wax
*Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing hair Lotion
*There's a wax in a round tin that looks like shoe polish . . cant think of the name for the life of me undecided men use it
*Or Nothing at all . .my hair is really good to me . . for Now at least! tongue

~~To tell u the truth for about a month last year,I went through a stage of me wanting to cut my hair.~~ winkIt was my dream.I even wrote it down in my planner so i wont forget wink.~~I was in the salon and my stylist was saying how my hair is beautiful and I told her how I will love to get it cut and styled and she told me not to make the mistake of doing so.~~So I backed out of it.Its very hard to maintain my real hair.I have all the products but I am lazy.That is why I am always putting weave in it or getting it braided.~~I will still love to cut my hair in the future.It will look good on me because my dream is to become a model and most models have short hair wink.~~

~~Here are some options I want~~~~I have a long face so many hairstyles can match my face~~!!

The only problem is that my complexion is not yellow as hers.I have a caramel skin!! cool

Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 30, 2009
shoulder-length feathery kinda braids. 6 and 1/2 hours
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mohawkchic(f): 2:53am On Jan 31, 2009
SeanT21:

~~To tell u the truth for about a month last year,I went through a stage of me wanting to cut my hair.~~ winkIt was my dream.I even wrote it down in my planner so i wont forget wink.~~I was in the salon and my stylist was saying how my hair is beautiful and I told her how I will love to get it cut and styled and she told me not to make the mistake of doing so.~~So I backed out of it.Its very hard to maintain my real hair.I have all the products but I am lazy.That is why I am always putting weave in it or getting it braided.~~I will still love to cut my hair in the future.It will look good on me because my dream is to become a model and most models have short hair wink.~~

~~Here are some options I want~~~~I have a long face so many hairstyles can match my face~~!!

The only problem is that my complexion is not yellow as hers.I have a caramel skin!! cool

~It's best to cut it when you're good & ready,once you cut off,there's no room for regret!

~Best of Luck achieving Your Dream . . .me think you can Rock that hair regardless of your skin tone . . its all about the attitude!! wink
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by SeanT21(f): 4:43am On Jan 31, 2009
mohawkchic:

~It's best to cut it when you're good & ready,once you cut off,there's no room for regret!

~Best of Luck achieving Your Dream . . .me think you can Rock that hair regardless of your skin tone . . its all about the attitude!! wink

Thanks~~I will definitely post some pics on here when i get it cut.It will probably be the year that I will go off to university. coolI want to try something new when I am leaving home because I am gonna be a new and grown affi cheesy.~~Its gonna be Just Like that Pic above and trust me I am gonna have an "attitude" wink.
My mother said to keep it intact,I will have to visit the salon every 2 weeks cry.Is that true?~~How much do U pay to maintain yours?
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by spikedcylinder: 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2009
That hair style is fabulous but you need rlaxed hair to achieve that look.
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by mohawkchic(f): 7:06am On Feb 03, 2009
SeanT21:

Thanks~~I will definitely post some pics on here when i get it cut.It will probably be the year that I will go off to university. coolI want to try something new when I am leaving home because I am gonna be a new and grown affi cheesy.~~Its gonna be Just Like that Pic above and trust me I am gonna have an "attitude" wink.
My mother said to keep it intact,I will have to visit the salon every 2 weeks cry.Is that true?~~How much do U pay to maintain yours?

~You come across like You will have the Attitude & Confidence to rock it wink

~The first rule about any hairstyle is the care that goes into so i suppose depending on your choice of haircut/style there will be a time scale in which you need to re-do/re-touch!! If you learn how to style ~Tong ~Wrap before bed & Put it into practice,it sure saves you loads!!

~I DIY as in "Do It Myself" . . .hardly ever go to the salon after a haircut . . . i maintain the style myself . . .learned the necessary tricks of the trade for the hairstyle,buy the appliances used & viola . . .

~Here's a tip a stylist once told me . . You're better off using a Silk headscarf /anything to the effect of a satin/silk feel to wrap your hair before bed,holds the style in place!
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Pepeye(f): 9:21am On Feb 03, 2009
rite now im rocking the short Rihanna look hairdo
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by SeanT21(f): 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2009
mohawkchic:

~You come across like You will have the Attitude & Confidence to rock it wink

~The first rule about any hairstyle is the care that goes into so i suppose depending on your choice of haircut/style there will be a time scale in which you need to re-do/re-touch!! If you learn how to style ~Tong ~Wrap before bed & Put it into practice,it sure saves you loads!!

~I DIY as in "Do It Myself" . . .hardly ever go to the salon after a haircut . . . i maintain the style myself . . .learned the necessary tricks of the trade for the hairstyle,buy the appliances used & viola . . .

~Here's a tip a stylist once told me . . You're better off using a Silk headscarf /anything to the effect of a satin/silk feel to wrap your hair before bed,holds the style in place!

hmmm.Thanks~~I will definately be needing more advice from U when I get it done.~~!!
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by bunmii(f): 6:31am On Feb 04, 2009
full fringe
an hour
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Maryam: 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2009
fixed dread took up to 5-6 hours
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by tRoOE(f): 5:50pm On Feb 05, 2009

tiny curls, it looks like an afro
hmmmm took 3hrs
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by bluespice(f): 11:31am On Feb 06, 2009
natural hair
took me a min to run my fingers thro tongue

i love my natural hair weaves gimme an awful itch
but my hair breaks too easily cry cry cry

either way, im sporting my hair oh yeah with a violet color i love messing with my hair grin no
wonder ive had more than 5 hair-cuts in the last 6 months n dye jobs lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed
hey! i need to express myself na tongue
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Hauwa1: 10:56am On Feb 07, 2009
shoulder lenght twist. 5hrs and 200 bucks!
i have been looking for less price. the gambian lady did it for that price. . . at the salon, it is 220-230 bucks.

something different and am no longer going to relax my hair!
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by tohloo: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2009
i have on the 'short aliyah' weave hair style and it took me a little over 2hours to fix it, i paid 1500bucks for it,b4 this i had on that hair style(dont know the name) where u have braids on oneside(in my case twist braids) and interlocking plaits on one side, this took like 4-5 hours and i paid 2200 bucks 4 it
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by Perle(f): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2009
xpression razor cut looks like wig, I love it, took 2hrs
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by chamotex(m): 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2009
Dark Caesar 1.5wtg (with the grain) cool

20mins
Re: What Hair-style Do You Have On Now And How Long Did It Take To Fix It? by fellybabe(f): 2:49am On Mar 03, 2009
micro braids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Vanessa Ponce De Leon Wins Miss World 2018 (photos) / Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" / Plus-Sized Nigerian Ladies Dance In Bikini As They Contest For Miss Body Of Art

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.