Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? (5506 Views)

Poll: Ready for a revolution?

Yes: 60% (14 votes)
Hell No: 39% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

The Worst Will Happen If Saraki Is Removed — Baraje / #100wasteddays Trending As Nigerians Take To Twitter To Review President Buhari. / Fuel Subsidy Is A Lie – Prof David West (MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by IrunmoleD1: 10:38am On Nov 23, 2011
@lagerwhenindoubt, I agree with you. But Fella also said if you want to be jeffa head (enjoying basic needs), you must be ready to fight for am o. Even with all the enormous hitches that a protest might run into, I believe it is still very possible. No problem can withstand the assault a a sustained thinking.

Since the rulling class are bent on increasing the prices of everything without giving anything in return, we too needs to start thinking on how to get their attention. If anybody has a better idea please let's hear it.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by sheyguy: 10:42am On Nov 23, 2011
The widely anticipated strike will be our most viable option, if we can prepare for 2 months, everyone should make as many arrangements as possible for the strike and let us see what happens from there on.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by Parisgoodman(m): 10:46am On Nov 23, 2011
Jcob:

*subscribing*

Let's get it started  here.

FB page
Twitter Handle . . . . . . . .
As for me its already started here, it will get more awareness on FB n TWITTER.
moderatorr:

first they tried to generate recursive bloody massacre across the north with almajiri-youth copper bloody mob action,
it failed!
Then they tried paralising the nation's security apparatus by boko haram-police attacks, it failed!
They tried to generate reprisal attacks accross the country by burning churches and massacerring christians, it failed.
Now they want to paralise a healing economy  by generating mass protests accross the country, guess what? It will fail!
We are not as illducated and as religiolunatic as you.
If the president gives us enough reason and money back guarrantee as promised we will accept it.
If not, the law makers will tell him what they already did - 'mr. President , convience us'.
If you start brainless protests, we will meet you on the streets and show you what russian anti man-lover protests looked like.
You are so lazy, backward, and infact cowardice is in your vein. If u are a soldier i guess u cant fire @ ten thousand people. Hell is @ ur doorstep!
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by islamrules(m): 10:47am On Nov 23, 2011
Nigerians are useless. Black brains.

See Egypt, the people are the ones telling the governemnt what they want.

But Nigeria, take whatever the government want.

Government should be for the people but not on the people.
People should control their government.

But Nigeria is different.

Nigerian men, once they get something to eat and fu**ck their wife at home. That is their achievement. Nothing concerns them about the future of their generations.

If the government want oil at 300 naira per litre, those monkey will accept and start paying at filling station.
The worst they will do is make a telephone call to a radio or TV program and condemn the governemnt. Or come to nairaland and type giberish just like we are doing right now.

What a shameful country!

Bunch of chickens!
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by Parisgoodman(m): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2011
This is an opprtunity for Nigerians to protest against every injustice, if we miss this luck, we are not goin to see it again.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by IrunmoleD1: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2011
@islamrules, you're as pissed  angry as I am angry angry!!

Leave the Nigerians that won't take action alone. The question is are you ready to do something about the situation? If you're spread the word around. Tell them to be ready park their cars, trucks, buses, okada even wheelbarrow, on major roads in your city if the government refuse to make life easy for average Nigerians. And if you're in Lagos don't worry about LASTMA, they have no capacity to toe 100,000 vehicles!!
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by foufou: 10:58am On Nov 23, 2011
Ngerians to protest?! Never! If ever the protest is sustained for two days, by the third day, they are already looking forward to opening their stores, markets and offices. We are the most docile, cheat-able, cowardly, but sadly, fun-loving an ridiculously adjudged the happiest people on earth! Fela called it suffering and smiling! Jonathan will remove the subsidy and nothing will happen. Okay, maybe prayer will be an option, as usual, forgeting that the Bible says Faith without work (action) is dead!
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by Baawaa(m): 10:59am On Nov 23, 2011
We are all clamoring for change,change don't come easily we must ready to pay the price undecided undecided undecided
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by IrunmoleD1: 11:12am On Nov 23, 2011
Baawaa:

We are all clamoring for change,change don't come easily we must ready to pay the price undecided undecided undecided

Are you ready to pay the price? If you are be ready to take action. Spread the awarness around. Use tweeter, FB, BB ,

foufou:

Ngerians to protest?! Never! If ever the protest is sustained for two days, by the third day, they are already looking forward to opening their stores, markets and offices. We are the most docile, cheat-able, cowardly, but sadly, fun-loving an ridiculously adjudged the happiest people on earth! Fela called it suffering and smiling! Jonathan will remove the subsidy and nothing will happen. Okay, maybe prayer will be an option, as usual, forgeting that the Bible says Faith without work (action) is dead!

Are you one of those that just prays or those that believe God guides the footstep of the righteous, when he is determined to move forward. if you're on of the latter spread this around:

IrunmoleD1:

Fellow Nairalanders, I think we have a platform where we can discuss and stategize on ways to put the rulling elites on their toes at all time. The London rioters used tweeter to mobilized, even though it is for looting purpose. We have naira land. I believe we have enough "crazy" people on the thread to atleast do something to get the rulling class attention.

If the government eventually removes the subsidy which they are bent on doing anyway, people especially the working class should drive their cars to thirdmainland bridge, eko bridge, ikorodu road, mobolaji bank anthony way, lekki expressway and any major road and park their cars there! Imagine what it will be like having 1000 cars on both lanes of thierd mainland bridge for 1 month!

I expect nairalanders to come up with ideas like this instead of seeing this topic as a joke! We have all the tools to mobilize. I believe the rulling class will no longer be at ease if all major cities in Nigeria follow suit.

We can mobilize via Nairaland, facebook, tweeter even blackberry!!

Those in government needs to feel some pains too!!
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by laok9(m): 11:18am On Nov 23, 2011
this is a great opportunity to speak out and act in unity irrespective of tribe, removing fuel subsidy is a fraud, they dont care about the average nigerian, if not for anything lets do this cos we need change and we need let this people knw we are robots that they control, i strongly believe that if we truely have one mind to protest against fuel subsidy and bad governence, God will be us and all those our heros past will be so proud of us, lets stand for the future cos with the way things are going presently, i dont see a future for an average nigerian,
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by Jcob(m): 11:22am On Nov 23, 2011
. . . . . and na so so talk we go dey talk till 2013.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by islamrules(m): 11:22am On Nov 23, 2011
@islamrules, you're as pissed  Angry as I am Angry Angry!!

Leave the Nigerians that won't take action alone. The question is are you ready to do something about the situation? If you're spread the word around. Tell them to be ready park their cars, trucks, buses, okada even wheelbarrow, on major roads in your city if the government refuse to make life easy for average Nigerians. And if you're in Lagos don't worry about LASTMA, they have no capacity to toe 100,000 vehicles!!

I am way too pissed than to sit down and watch.

I am ready for anything.

The wave of revolution is sweeping all over the world. Nigeria should not be different.

They want to remove oil subsidy, yet they want to use N9b to renovate v.President lodge.

We dont need anything.

What we are spending to up keep politicians expenses is 35% of our budget. We need to stop that!
To hell with our political and business CABALS, we need our refineries working!
We need electricity.

Those three point worth fighting for. Wakeup Nigerians
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by moderatorr: 11:23am On Nov 23, 2011
feast of vultures!
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by sheyguy: 11:25am On Nov 23, 2011
They have succeeded in dividing and ruling us, they have given us the options of:
Poor vs rich
South vs North
Unemployed vs employed
Igbo vs Yoruba (majority zone vs majority zone)
Ijaw vs Itsekiri (smaller tribes even, no insult intended to all tribes mentioned).
Young vs old
Uneducated vs educated
Woman vs Man
PDP vs ACN,CPC
It is hard not fall into two or more traps of division from the above list. that way we can hardly be united against a common enemy without confusing one with the other.

I think it is time we stop thinking and challenge the common enemy that impedes so many aspect of our life/destiny.
God did not give us electrical power and appliances for us to admire we are suppose to enjoy them as normal things not craving them as luxury, oil is too common around us for what they are proposing.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by Parisgoodman(m): 11:27am On Nov 23, 2011
See, i'm tired of talking! If nobody dont wanna come up with something meaningful then case close
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by IrunmoleD1: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2011
Jcob:

. . . . . and na so so talk we go dey talk till 2013.

So that we no go tok like this reach 2013, creat the awareness in your own little way and be ready to back up with actions.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by IrunmoleD1: 11:39am On Nov 23, 2011
Parisgoodman:

See, i'm tired of talking! If nobody dont wanna come up with something meaningful then case close

I understand your impatiance, goodman. First of all let's creat the awareness by starting a new thrend on naira for mass mobilization against bad governace and mis-rule in Nigeria. For this cause to work you need as many informed people as you get.

Start a thrend on Tweeter on people "occupy" thirdmainland bridge if fuel subsidy is removed. you can even add the thread below to get peoples attention. We are in the information overload age, we can use it to our advantage

sheyguy:

They have succeeded in dividing and ruling us, they have given us the options of:
Poor vs rich
South vs North
Unemployed vs employed
Igbo vs Yoruba (majority zone vs majority zone)
Ijaw vs Itsekiri (smaller tribes even, no insult intended to all tribes mentioned).
Young vs old
Uneducated vs educated
Woman vs Man
PDP vs ACN,CPC
It is hard not fall into two or more traps of division from the above list. that way we can hardly be united against a common enemy without confusing one with the other.

I think it is time we stop thinking and challenge the common enemy that impedes so many aspect of our life/destiny.
God did not give us electrical power and appliances for us to admire we are suppose to enjoy them as normal things not craving them as luxury, oil is too common around us for what they are proposing.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by moderatorr: 11:42am On Nov 23, 2011
Parisgoodman:

You are so lazy, backward, and infact cowardice is in your vein. If u are a soldier i guess u cant fire @ ten thousand people. Hell is @ your doorstep!
we are educated, we have other means of settling dispute.
But your bloody soul thinks all nigerians are almajiri's like you!
Our brains cant be reduced to low life algae like the one in the box atop your shoulder.
Mr. President is pushing for reforms in all sectors of the economy and even massive constitutional ammendment.
If at this point the FG believes that removing fuel subsidy is the next big step, instead of excersing your democracy your wool almajiri brain is thinking of degenerating into lawless ness with your paid-to-post gang.
Are you for or against nigeria?
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by IrunmoleD1: 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
moderatorr:

But your bloody soul thinks all Nigerians are almajiri's like you!
Our brains cant be reduced to low life algae like the one in the box atop your shoulder.
Mr. President is pushing for reforms in all sectors of the economy and even massive constitutional ammendment.
If at this point the FG believes that removing fuel subsidy is the next big step, instead of excersing your democracy your wool almajiri brain is thinking of degenerating into lawless ness with your paid-to-post gang.

Bros, all the change wey dem dey make since 1960 where the think carry us reach. No be everybody get access to government money like you, that is why you can come here and start treathening to use Russian style of suppressing protest. No be your fault, if na one village for Borno wey ya Papa na Mallam something, you for know how far.

Siddon there dey look, educated olodo!!
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by islamrules(m): 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
But your bloody soul thinks all nigerians are almajiri's like you!

GEJ is reforming really. By removing oil subcide ?
Why are so man politicians families flooding nairaland and making comment to protect their glutton father interest ?

My question is,
1. Who owns this oil ? Is it not on our Land ?
2. The last time I checked, Fuel was #19.00 per litre in Libya, #32 in Tunisia.

Mr. man are you telling us we are born to suffer ?

America (world power) was formed thru a bloody revolution (war). Are American Alimajiri too?

Guy, go home and tell ur father that Nigerians are awake now!
You can no longer fool us.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by honeric01(m): 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2011
You see these lazy Nigerians?
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by otokx(m): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2011
Nothing would happen.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by Ileya: 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2011
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Adolf Hitler
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by solomon111(m): 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2011
It is a sad thing that the continous abuse of power has turned NIGERIANS to cowards.it has made us evolve a tough skin to harsh conditions only possible in Nigeria.it is absolutely ridiculous that we would be one of the most happiest people on earth, when we dont enjoy a quarter of what the libyans enjoyed,which they even revolted against.we are a lost generation,and i am afraid,future generations would disown us for aiding and abetting the truncation of our national destiny.so sad.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2011
@poster  - you want real practical solutions? Sponsor an assassination project of Nigeria's most corrupt  - you will need more than a bus load of assassins for this.

A Revolution is not just made-up of angry people with political and social awareness - It requires Funding (This part you hardly hear of and widely denied). There are always interest groups fueling the flames of a revolution. You don't just mass into the streets without these groups (good or bad). all they require is a catalyst and they will create the necessary conditions to make it a success. For a Revolution to occur in Nigeria you will either need massive foreign influence from the US (if their interests are threatened enough) and the Ideal political dilemma as we are experiencing presently, add economic hardships, insecurity and regional conflicts - you have just about the right ingredients for a revolution

Corrupt Nigerians are so wealthy all it takes is a minimum of 5 wealthy corrupt (bottom-ranked i.e) leaders to bring 150 million Nigerians to their knees in no time. check out MEND and BOKO Haram, you think they are just petty hoodlums with guns? they have sponsors.  wink
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by solomon111(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2011
It is a sad thing that the continous abuse of power has turned NIGERIANS to cowards.it has made us evolve a tough skin to harsh conditions only possible in Nigeria.it is absolutely ridiculous that we would be one of the most happiest people on earth, when we dont enjoy a quarter of what the libyans enjoyed,which they even revolted against.we are a lost generation,and i am afraid,future generations would disown us for aiding and abetting the truncation of our national destiny.so sad.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by islamrules(m): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2011
@poster - you want real practical solutions? Sponsor an assassination project of Nigeria's most corrupt - you will need more than a bus load of assassins for this.

A Revolution is not just made-up of angry people with political and social awareness - It requires Funding (This part you hardly hear of and widely denied). There are always interest groups fueling the flames of a revolution. You don't just mass into the streets without these groups (good or bad). all they require is a catalyst and they will create the necessary conditions to make it a success. For a Revolution to occur in Nigeria you will either need massive foreign influence from the US (if their interests are threatened enough) and the Ideal political dilemma as we are experiencing presently, add economic hardships, insecurity and regional conflicts - you have just about the right ingredients for a revolution

Corrupt Nigerians are so wealthy all it takes is a minimum of 5 wealthy corrupt (bottom-ranked i.e) leaders to bring 150 million Nigerians to their knees in no time. check out MEND and BOKO Haram, you think they are just petty hoodlums with guns? they have sponsors. Wink

Funding ?
Who is funding Egyptians at Tairr square. I watched them closely on ALjazera, they even brought their stoves and pot and eat their.
We dont need any money.
We dont need guns.

What we need is match to the street, stop traffics, barricade governemnt houses.
Disturb business for those political CABALS, like Dangote, Otedola, IBB Obasanjo. Dangote Business, Ota farm, Oando oil e.t.c. They will fear fear.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2011
hell no!! i aint goin for no protest!!

peedeepee!!!!

call me when d looting starts at aso-rock!
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by obowunmi(m): 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2011
Nigerians are known to wait for God. God must come down from heaven first.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by kholis(m): 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
Revolution is very possible but our ethnic consciousness is working against us and the politicians know it.

For instance, a Niger Delta man will be reluctant to engage in a revolution that will dethrone GEJ knowing that this is the first time their people are experiencing such position. He will reason that the previous govts have been corrupt and no one raised the issue of revolution until now. There have been cases of pump price hike in the past regimes and nothing happened. Why now? Even if the revolution is effected, how is he sure that power does not go back to the north so that they continue their political hegemony. Therefore, it is much better for GEJ to remain there, no matter how incompetent.

So, revolution can only occur in this country when the youths have a progressive political consciousness, devoid of ethnic sentiments. We should positively sensitize our consciousness, especially through the social sites. This socio-political sensitization is the only genuine fear of the govt as recently confirmed by Labaran Maku, the dishonorable minister of information.
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2011
obowunmi:

Nigerians are known to wait for God. God must come down from heaven first.

nd d bible says xtians shuld be enddurin and patient,

so, let dem keep endurin d fresh air. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? by lifestyle1(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2011
Time will tell!!! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hausa, Yoruba Traders’ Ejection Not Ethnic – Anambra / 11 Facts That Will Make You Rethink 9/11 Attack. / Nairaland Progressives Agree With IPOB: Jubrin Occupies Aso Rock.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.