Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (211063 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kingreign(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2021
kolagbemi:
Hello guys,

I just bought a Foreign used VW Jetta 2006 and I noticed some few things.

1. I have to start the car like 4-5times anytime i bought fuel.
2. While test driving it for a whole day before taking it for small body work on the Venda, the car went off like 5times on a motion.
3. I also noticed a white smoke that fade away after few minutes.

Any help with this problem and recommendations of a good Volkswagen technician in Abuja.

Also, please which Engine oil and transmission oil will you recommend. Thank you

Call him
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
drmuchin:

Golf 4 2.0L
Severe hard starting early in the morning or after long parking
Any advice on how to solve it
get it diagnosed first
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ladyinred: 12:53am On Nov 07, 2021
Hello everyone. Please I need recommendations for a reliable Mechanic and Electrician for VW Golf Rabbit 2.5 2008 model in Abuja. Thanks.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kingreign(m): 6:43am On Nov 07, 2021
ladyinred:
Hello everyone. Please I need recommendations for a reliable Mechanic and Electrician for VW Golf Rabbit 2.5 2008 model in Abuja. Thanks.
Call me on
07034581213, as long as it's not been abused yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Hollawayn05(m): 9:26am On Nov 07, 2021
) Make.
02) Model. Golf 3
03) Engine size. 1.9
04) Transmission type. Manual
05) Model year.
06) Spec (Euro or US).
07) Drive configuration 5 gear

Temperature sign shows on dashboard immediatly I ignite and reads up above 110 degree even without moving,

Checked the radiator and was leaking, so it was changed and leaking stoped but still the temp isn't back to normal
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kolagbemi(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2021
kingreign:

Call him

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Wandeayo(m): 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hollawayn05:
) Make.
02) Model. Golf 3
03) Engine size. 1.9
04) Transmission type. Manual
05) Model year.
06) Spec (Euro or US).
07) Drive configuration 5 gear

Temperature sign shows on dashboard immediatly I ignite and reads up above 110 degree even without moving,

Checked the radiator and was leaking, so it was changed and leaking stoped but still the temp isn't back to normal

Touch the two hose to see if both has the same temperature, the hose that enters the radiator and the one that is for outlet.
If both re of thesame temperature, and your radiator fan still works as per factory settings, then check your coolant thermostat to see if it's not stuck closed or stuck open.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drmuchin: 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
get it diagnosed first
I have done that
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by autologic: 3:33am On Nov 08, 2021
drmuchin:

I have done that
If it has been diagnosed then why still asking for what will need to be done for fix .or u are u assuming scanning for codes is diagnosis ?

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drmuchin: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2021
autologic:

If it has been diagnosed then why still asking for what will need to be done for fix .or u are u assuming scanning for codes is diagnosis ?

Pls kindly peruse the DTC codes. I need help any competent auto engineer here in PH

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by autologic: 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
drmuchin:

Pls kindly peruse the DTC codes. I need help any competent auto engineer here in PH
Scan codes is not enough to fish out the root cause ,vehicle will be required to be seen physically for further test .Look for recommended technician in ph to sort u out
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:18am On Nov 10, 2021
drmuchin:

I have done that
diagnosed or scanned? and what did your tech say.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drmuchin: 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
autologic:

Scan codes is not enough to fish out the root cause ,vehicle will be required to be seen physically for further test .Look for recommended technician in ph to sort u out

Kindly recommend one for me pls
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by autologic: 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
drmuchin:

Kindly recommend one for me pls
I think Mr Ford is in Ph ,search for him
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drmuchin: 7:12am On Nov 11, 2021
autologic:

I think Mr Ford is in Ph ,search for him

I know him
He doesnt work on German cars
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kingreign(m): 6:27am On Nov 16, 2021
ladyinred:

Hello, what's the update on your car?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adaenwa: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2021
What are the signs of a failing timing belt. That's, what are the signs I will notice when it is time to change my timing belt.
The car is 2004 Audi a4 , 3.0 Quattro
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by felix55(m): 10:05am On Nov 21, 2021
adaenwa:
What are the signs of a failing timing belt. That's, what are the signs I will notice when it is time to change my timing belt.

Chk engine light & epc light will appear. There will b require a scan vcds device build for vw to detect it & fix it.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adaenwa: 11:21am On Nov 21, 2021
felix55:

Chk engine light & epc light will appear. There will b require a scan vcds device build for vw to detect it & fix it.

Where can a technician with the scanning device? I am in Lagos. You mean the device will tell if the timing belt is due for change. It is the 2002 - 2004 model.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by felix55(m): 11:49am On Nov 21, 2021
adaenwa:

Where can a technician with the scanning device? I am in Lagos. You mean the device will tell if the timing belt is due for change. It is the 2002 - 2004 model.
Epc will appear then chk engine light will also appear. When that happen, ur car will be on idle mode. U will need a scan tools to detect it then u can fix it.
Try to get ur self a scan tool ... Pls not any how scan device can be use on vw and Audi car.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adaenwa: 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
felix55:

Epc will appear then chk engine light will also appear. When that happen, ur car will be on idle mode. U will need a scan tools to detect it then u can fix it.
Try to get ur self a scan tool ... Pls not any how scan device can be use on vw and Audi car.

Okay thank you so much.
Please can you recommend any basic, yet good scan tool that is not expensive for Audi car?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by autologic: 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
felix55:

Wrong and crude advice .
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by autologic: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
adaenwa:
U don't wait till timing belt start to fail before replacement cos it might not even give you warning before it will snap and cause u more expensive repair .Best bet ,check your owner manual for the recommended mileage that the vehicle must have covered that will necessitate changing the timing belt .
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adaenwa: 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
autologic:

U don't wait till timing belt start to fail before replacement cos it might not even give you warning before it will snap and cause u more expensive repair .Best bet ,check your owner manual for the recommended mileage that the vehicle must have covered that will necessitate changing the timing belt .

Thank you so much.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adaenwa: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2021
autologic:

Please where can I buy the original timing belt?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adubam(m): 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
autologic:

The car would be lagging at kick. It would not roll the engine quicker like before. You might even think you had a weak battery.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by autologic: 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
adubam:

The car would be lagging at kick. It would not roll the engine quicker like before. You might even think you had a weak battery.
Symptom depend on the particular position timing issue occurs eg ; intake and exhaust timing advance and re tard issue differs in exhibition of symptoms ,same applies also aplies to the no of teeth jumped by the chain.
In short wen dealing with timing issue there is no definite symptoms that u can nail for 100% confirmation , best bet do the standard test that confirm timing 100% .like this

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adaenwa: 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good afternoon, do I need a scanning tool to reprogram my 2004 Audi a4 Quattro after changing the gear selector?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by autologic: 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
adaenwa:
Good afternoon, do I need a scanning tool to reprogram my 2004 Audi a4 Quattro after changing the gear selector?
You can't do without having a good scan tool that supports VAG vehicles wen changing sensitive components wen dealing with VAG vehicle . You must be ready to adapt any new components you are changing to with scan tool .
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adaenwa: 9:18am On Dec 16, 2021
autologic:

You can't do without having a good scan tool that supports VAG vehicles wen changing sensitive components wen dealing with VAG vehicle . You must be ready to adapt any new components you are changing to with scan tool .

I noticed the PRND all lit up on my car sometimes. I turned off the car, and when I restarted it, the PRND became normal. What could be the problem please?
Thanks for your help!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adaenwa: 9:18am On Dec 16, 2021
I noticed the PRND all lit up on my car sometimes. I turned off the car, and when I restarted it, the PRND became normal. What could be the problem please?
Thanks for your help!
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by autologic: 4:41am On Dec 17, 2021
adaenwa:

Thanks for your help!
Is that a Keke marwa or Bajaj grin let me assume

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.