Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,847 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (210068 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by theoilguy: 7:31am On May 12, 2021
oluomoadebayo:

Do you deal with Castrol Edge and Liqui Moly as well?

Castrol edge but out of stock right now..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Freciprocal: 12:00pm On May 12, 2021
oluomoadebayo:

Do you deal with Castrol Edge and Liqui Moly as well?

You can check out midoda for Liqui Moly oil.

cc
midoda

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drmuchin: 9:49pm On May 15, 2021
Sualcatnas:
Good evening,
I hope you're having a nice weekend. This post is bringing to your attention on the proliferation of fake Volkswagen transmission ATF in the white bottle. I have had up to 4-5 customer's complaints on hardshifts and gear slips on their gearboxes after it was serviced with this fluid. My investigation is ongoing and I'm compiling the reports. Please ensure you source this fluid from a reputable dealer. I'd recommend a less expensive and good ATF; 1. HOLT 2. Oando Dextron III (3). The Holt ATF can be replaced at 6months interval. The Oando dex III can cover up to a year before change.

This post is only for the standard automatic transmissions. DSG gearboxes are excluded.

Can I use Oando DEXTRON III on golf 4 engine
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drmuchin: 9:49pm On May 15, 2021
Sualcatnas:
Good evening,
I hope you're having a nice weekend. This post is bringing to your attention on the proliferation of fake Volkswagen transmission ATF in the white bottle. I have had up to 4-5 customer's complaints on hardshifts and gear slips on their gearboxes after it was serviced with this fluid. My investigation is ongoing and I'm compiling the reports. Please ensure you source this fluid from a reputable dealer. I'd recommend a less expensive and good ATF; 1. HOLT 2. Oando Dextron III (3). The Holt ATF can be replaced at 6months interval. The Oando dex III can cover up to a year before change.

This post is only for the standard automatic transmissions. DSG gearboxes are excluded.

Can I use Oando DEXTRON III on golf 4 gearbox
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Daniboygeorge22: 6:42pm On May 17, 2021
I have a 2009 Audi A4. All systems intact but timing chain adjuster had issues and chain jumped making valves break and disturb the top cylinder. Car needs a new engine. All other systems intact.
Willing to sell as is.
Location is Kaduna
Whatsapp for pix if interested and inspection
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by gregkuika: 8:25pm On May 18, 2021
Vento 1998
5 speed manual transmission.
1.8L engine.

Please, I need a professional diagnostics on my vehicle issues...

I recently observed my car is releasing black smoke at the tail pipe. This also has affected the combustion process in the engine as the plugs appears black at the electrodes ( consuming enough fuel).

The plugs has changed from appearing tan in colour to black. I am wondering what could be the cause of the new development of seeing black smoke at the exhaust tail pipe. Could it be a temperature sensor failure or to service the car's mono jetronic injector. There is no soaked plug and the engine still runs normal with having any plug issues but the plugs appears black alongside the tail pipe.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2021
flootintin:

I need repair walk through for the following codes

Passat 2008 Fsi
P0030 - Oxygen sensor B1 S1 Heating Circuit (Malfunction/Open Circuit)
P0341 - Camshaft position sensor (Implausible signal)
P1063 - Fuel pressure regulation (Control range not reached)
P0332 - Knock sensor 2 (Signal too low)
P3089 - Signal line for fuel pump electronics (Electrical malfunction).

I want to fix if possible on my own but if I have to take to a technician, I need to know what he has to do in order not to mess with the engine.

Thanks.

Good evening,

Error 1. The first O2 sensor located right after the exhaust manifold is likely disconnected, bad or the fuse has blown fuse 42-45 located at the fusebox in the engine compartment near the engine.

Error 2. The camshaft position sensor is at the top left side of this engine, its fitted to the top of cylinder just before the spot the plastic intake manifold bolts to the engine. Sometimes metal shaving magnets to this sensor preventing it from proper readings (pull it out and clean it), in another case your camshaft may have been misaligned, third scenario is mostly a faulty sensor that needs replacing.

Error 3 is pointing to a damage to the lobes of the camshaft, this lobe pushes the the piston plunger of the HPFP to deliver fuel as the cams rotates. The damage point may be from a worn out cam follower (the cup fitted to the head of the HPFP plunger), when this occurs the plunger's uneven surface is riding directly in the lobe of the camshaft thereby scraping of metals off the lobe. So here the damaged cam lobe is not able to push the plunger to the maximum point and fuel delivery is not at optimum.

Error 4 knock sensor error is not to be played with, if you ignore this, you'd have a broken timing belt and results in engine damage (bent valves). Moreover you'd notice sluggish acceleration, gear change hesistation, and fuel consumption with this error. So its an urgent error to be treated. Check the wiring, the connector for oil ingression or water intrusion. Clean it well and fit it back properly.

Error 5 this an issue with the wire coming from the ECU which controls the fuel pump control module. The color of this wire is Yellow with a blue stripe. Its located on the 94 pin connector on the ECU. I can't recall the pin number. But you can locate it on the connector, its the only wire with the color code.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 7:12pm On May 20, 2021
drmuchin:

Dextron II will do fine too.

Can I use Oando DEXTRON III on golf 4 gearbox
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Daniboygeorge22: 5:31pm On May 21, 2021
2009 audi A4 battery drains just about 30mins of running the engine and car goes off. Engine rough idles and misfires randomly. EPC and check engine light turned on. Problem seems electrical,,pls anyone to assist?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 11:28pm On May 21, 2021
Daniboygeorge22:
2009 audi A4 battery drains just about 30mins of running the engine and car goes off. Engine rough idles and misfires randomly. EPC and check engine light turned on. Problem seems electrical,,pls anyone to assist?

Post an autoscan(all modules scan) of the car here.

Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 11:45pm On May 21, 2021
gregkuika:
Vento 1998
5 speed manual transmission.
1.8L engine.

Please, I need a professional diagnostics on my vehicle issues...

I recently observed my car is releasing black smoke at the tail pipe. This also has affected the combustion process in the engine as the plugs appears black at the electrodes ( consuming enough fuel).

The plugs has changed from appearing tan in colour to black. I am wondering what could be the cause of the new development of seeing black smoke at the exhaust tail pipe. Could it be a temperature sensor failure or to service the car's mono jetronic injector. There is no soaked plug and the engine still runs normal with having any plug issues but the plugs appears black alongside the tail pipe.
Where are you based?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aikidavirux: 8:52pm On May 22, 2021
Hello,

I got an Audi A6 Quattro 2006. It hasn't been used in like two years. I went with my mechanic and he said the engine is sound and not an accident car, I'll just need to fix one or two issues that's bound to arise due to the length of time it wasn't in use.

I've fixed the radiator, serviced it, changed the ac compressor before leaving Lagos.

What other things do I need to check and make sure they are in good working condition?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by gregkuika: 10:35pm On May 22, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
Where are you based?
Benin City
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 3:10am On May 23, 2021
aikidavirux:
Hello,

I got an Audi A6 Quattro 2006. It hasn't been used in like two years. I went with my mechanic and he said the engine is sound and not an accident car, I'll just need to fix one or two issues that's bound to arise due to the length of time it wasn't in use.

I've fixed the radiator, serviced it, changed the ac compressor before leaving Lagos.

What other things do I need to check and make sure they are in good working condition?

Consider checking the transmission fluid. Have you asked the reason why this car has not been used in 2 years. You may have some underlying issues somewhere in there. Your car is 2006 Audi A6 with upwards of 30 engine sensors and actuators, needless to point at the electrical modules.

Advice: Run a complete auto scan and post it here.

Wise word: your engine dey start no mean the car dey OK o.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drmuchin: 3:31am On May 26, 2021
[quote author=Sualcatnas post=101894626][/quote]

Golf 4 2.0L
Severe hard starting early in the morning or after long parking
Any advice on how to solve it
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drmuchin: 3:32am On May 26, 2021
Sualcatnas:

Golf 4 2.0L
Severe hard starting early in the morning or after long parking
Any advice on how to solve it

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 6:22am On May 26, 2021
drmuchin:

Plausible causes,
- severe carbon build up on the intake valves.
- weak fuel pump
- clogged injectors
- bad spark plugs

I'd recommend a tune up service,

1. Take out the intake manifold, clean the intake valves.
2. Service clogged injectors or replace faulty ones
3. Renew the spark plugs

If the issue is not resolved or there's little improvement, consider replacing the fuel pump.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by drmuchin: 9:31am On May 26, 2021
Sualcatnas:

Plausible causes,
- severe carbon build up on the intake valves.
- weak fuel pump
- clogged injectors
- bad spark plugs

I'd recommend a tune up service,

1. Take out the intake manifold, clean the intake valves.
2. Service clogged injectors or replace faulty ones
3. Renew the spark plugs

If the issue is not resolved or there's little improvement, consider replacing the fuel pump.

Much appreciated
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 11:11am On May 26, 2021
drmuchin:

Much appreciated

You're welcome, ensure to post an engine scan for future posts. This helps better.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by otimothy(m): 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2021
Good evening, please help as my Honda accord 2006 drive light blinked some days ago and afterwards car would rev super high before engaging next gear, if I switch off and on it will drive for like few mins and do same, I scanned and got code P0341, kindly advise with what can be done as I gave a guy he changed the gear switch(as he called it) and I got another oil(old one was smelling burnt) and car still does same thing.

Good evening,

Error 1. The first O2 sensor located right after the exhaust manifold is likely disconnected, bad or the fuse has blown fuse 42-45 located at the fusebox in the engine compartment near the engine.

Error 2. The camshaft position sensor is at the top left side of this engine, its fitted to the top of cylinder just before the spot the plastic intake manifold bolts to the engine. Sometimes metal shaving magnets to this sensor preventing it from proper readings (pull it out and clean it), in another case your camshaft may have been misaligned, third scenario is mostly a faulty sensor that needs replacing.

Error 3 is pointing to a damage to the lobes of the camshaft, this lobe pushes the the piston plunger of the HPFP to deliver fuel as the cams rotates. The damage point may be from a worn out cam follower (the cup fitted to the head of the HPFP plunger), when this occurs the plunger's uneven surface is riding directly in the lobe of the camshaft thereby scraping of metals off the lobe. So here the damaged cam lobe is not able to push the plunger to the maximum point and fuel delivery is not at optimum.

Error 4 knock sensor error is not to be played with, if you ignore this, you'd have a broken timing belt and results in engine damage (bent valves). Moreover you'd notice sluggish acceleration, gear change hesistation, and fuel consumption with this error. So its an urgent error to be treated. Check the wiring, the connector for oil ingression or water intrusion. Clean it well and fit it back properly.

Error 5 this an issue with the wire coming from the ECU which controls the fuel pump control module. The color of this wire is Yellow with a blue stripe. Its located on the 94 pin connector on the ECU. I can't recall the pin number. But you can locate it on the connector, its the only wire with the color code.

Thanks [/quote]
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by cletz991(m): 8:42am On Jul 21, 2021
Hello house,
Am thinking of getting a naija used Volkswagen Jetta 2004 2.0L

Is it a good buy
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by OlaRolls(m): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2021
Hi Prof Sienna
I have a vw Passat 2002 with engine 1.8 engine.
I noticed the car jump an invisible bumps on high speed as if the gear want to gear to high but doesn't.
Later I sense it delayed beyond normal in transmission, this made me add my regular atf (holts). It transmits normal not until this time that it arrogantly engage when put on 'D' with a vibrate force and drive with a single gear'1'.
If I try pull to '4' then it cool down the engine and goto gear 4 with sluggish move on a slow or hill drive.

T'was Diagnosed
Scan results are

We cleared this error but 18265 refused to be out while the car still behave same way.

Sir, what is the exact solution to this cos I don't want to be extorted....

Thanks bozz.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by eduman07(m): 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
Weldone house pls what the best method in raising this shock without any side effect ..don't have cash to change tyers ..thanks

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by greatstephenho(m): 9:26pm On Jul 28, 2021
legalwealth:
cool

I got Audi A4 2003 2 weeks ago. I was shocked when I was quoted N32,000 for its Belgium AC condenser which I eventually bought.

Where in Lagos can I always get its part and as well professionally fix any issue that might come up on it. It is in perfect condition as we speak! !!
that price tho

Always call or WhatsApp 08034783992
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kolagbemi(m): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2021
Hello guys,

I just bought a Foreign used VW Jetta 2006 and I noticed some few things.

1. I have to start the car like 4-5times anytime i bought fuel.
2. While test driving it for a whole day before taking it for small body work on the Venda, the car went off like 5times on a motion.
3. I also noticed a white smoke that fade away after few minutes.

Any help with this problem and recommendations of a good Volkswagen technician in Abuja.

Also, please which Engine oil and transmission oil will you recommend. Thank you
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by great83(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2021
which engine oil is suitable for golf 3 of about 250 000 km
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by adubam(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
great83:
which engine oil is suitable for golf 3 of about 250 000 km

Use Mobil 20w50
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by loba18: 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hi guys, I drove my cousin 2007 q7 from Lagos to Ibadan. I loved the performance and movement. Just like the bmw x5. The q7 4 wheel drive (Quattro) is superb. I am thinking of acquiring the q7. I love the masculine look, the gait! Please how is the maintenance? What are pros and cons?

kingreign

Didn't know you now work on Audi/Volkswagen
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by RZArecta(m): 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
kolagbemi:
Hello guys,

I just bought a Foreign used VW Jetta 2006 and I noticed some few things.

1. I have to start the car like 4-5times anytime i bought fuel.
2. While test driving it for a whole day before taking it for small body work on the Venda, the car went off like 5times on a motion.
3. I also noticed a white smoke that fade away after few minutes.

Any help with this problem and recommendations of a good Volkswagen technician in Abuja.

Also, please which Engine oil and transmission oil will you recommend. Thank you
cc kingreign
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kingreign(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2021
RZArecta:
cc kingreign
Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.