Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (210790 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by TheFuckQueen: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2022
it was scanned and the error that showed up is crankshaft sensor
EngRichie:

Check fuel pump again, check crankshaft position sensor, diagnose vapor lock.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
TheFuckQueen:
it was scanned and the error that showed up is crankshaft sensor
You are lucky. Some don't even show a code but give same problem.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by TheFuckQueen: 8:09am On Mar 30, 2022
Thanks for your contribution, would update you once it's changed

EngRichie:

You are lucky. Some don't even show a code but give same problem.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ifexfree24: 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
Good day... I'm having an issue with my 2008 Jetta FSI. If I start the car, it starts normal but immediately I turn off, it won't start till after a very long time...
Please what could the issue be...?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
Anyone with a C7 Audi A6 or A7 here?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2022
TheFuckQueen:
Good Afternoon
Please I will need your input on this situation
Make: Volkwagen Golf 4 2006, 2.0L engine

The engine stops turn off while driving and won't start again until after few minutes (Like 20 to 30 minutes), this have been happening constantly, I first thought it was fuel pump issue but the mechanic I went to said the fuel pump is working perfectly, that I should visit a rewire. I would really appreciate your comment.
Thank you for your contribution

At what point was the pump pressure checked?
When hot or cold?
I suspect the mechanic checked while the pump was running fine.
Best time to check is when it fails.
As adviced by EngRichie, check your fuel pump again. This time when it is hot or after working a long time.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by kolagbemi(m): 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2022
Good day guru in the house.
Please i need your opinion on My Jetta 2.5 2006. I bought the car Tokunbo over 6months ago. I first noticed that the car goes off on motion after driving for like 3hrs.

My technician changed fuel pump 4times before it finally stopped.

Then a month or two later, i noticed my gear 3 selection is very hard.....it will delay few seconds when selecting from gear 2 to 3
Then enter with force.... force that sounds as if a car hit you behind.

My technician have service the gear no positive effect.

Now, gear 4 to 5 is now having same issue.

Note, the car select perfectly for the first 1hr of driving before this problem will start.

Please what could be the problem....my technician think i should buy new gear even when the scan detected no fault with gear.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by TheFuckQueen: 9:11am On Apr 05, 2022
The crankshaft sensor was changed and the vehicle is working fine
AutoMoTech:

At what point was the pump pressure checked?
When hot or cold?
I suspect the mechanic checked while the pump was running fine.
Best time to check is when it fails.
As adviced by EngRichie, check your fuel pump again. This time when it is hot or after working a long time.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by osayuwamwen(m): 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2022
I just bought a volkswagen golf 3, it came with 1.6l engine, I want to install AC on it, is it advisable to do so? And what's the cost range to install AC
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Just a quick hello, it’s been a while and I hope you are all enjoying your Vags.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Cool83(m): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
Good day sir, please someone recommend total quartz 7000 for my golf 3 of 200,000 km, please is it appropriate or which one is the best. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Wandeayo(m): 8:02am On Apr 30, 2022
osayuwamwen:
I just bought a volkswagen golf 3, it came with 1.6l engine, I want to install AC on it, is it advisable to do so? And what's the cost range to install AC

Yes, You can go ahead.
Cost of AC components won't be higher than that of golf 4.
You will need to buy brand new evaporator for golf 3 : 20-25k
AC dryer: 4-6k
Compressor at itire: 8-12k depends on the seller
Receiver hose:4-5k
Discharge hose: 4-5k
Condenser: tokunbo is about 7-10k, you can buy brand new condenser, if You have enough cash.
Expansion valve:4-6k
Thermostat:3-4k

That should be about 74k, if You can afford this, then try to contact the Aircon expert on nairaland (gazzuz or mobus) either of them will help You to buy it and install it.
Please don't give any quack technician to install AC components for You, because any mistake may damage Your compressor and other components.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by eduman07(m): 12:42pm On May 01, 2022
Hello my good people..
Please there is something am experiencing with my volkswagen touran fsi engine.
I notice the spark plugs burns well on o r side of it..I mean one side of the spark plugs with colour brown and the other side black with carbon.
Happens to cylinder 1,2,3.
But cylinder 4 burns well all round.
The car runs fine.
Any advice cos am already suspecting the injector nozzles.
And I do experience hard start sometimes.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by eduman07(m): 12:49pm On May 01, 2022
[quote author=bisi16 post=109585861]Good day all, and happy new year.

Can anyone help me with why my car consumes water more than normal. I blew my top gasket a while ago. I replaced but noticed my car uses more water than it used to. I’m afraid to use a.c these days just so it doesn’t run out of water.

Can anybody help why this happens?Check for water leakage under the hood while engine is steaming..
That's how I corrected mine.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MrAmaechi(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2022
Am thinking of getting Golf 2. I don't want any complex engine and fuel economy
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Qwerty4u(m): 6:29pm On May 17, 2022

The U600 OBD Scan Tool for Audi, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen is a decent bit of kit. It's good for personal and commercial use.

Heloo Siena or Nobody ... Please l have been reading this thread since ... And now l seriously need your help.
I went out with my Audi 80 last Saturday but went to start it this Monday morning it's refused to start . It's an automatic transmission. I just got it just about a month and few weeks . It's my first and l so t know anything about cars . Just put fuel , check oil , brake fluid and transmission fluid... Plus water .. if you see this ... Reply please.I am waiting and checking if you reply . Thanks
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by TheFuckQueen: 2:04pm On May 25, 2022
My Volkswagen Golf 4 AC gas is leaking from the AC Dash vent.
while trying to refill it, the gas was leaking immediately. would appreciate any help i can get on how to fix it

Wandeayo:

Yes, You can go ahead.
Cost of AC components won't be higher than that of golf 4.
You will need to buy brand new evaporator for golf 3 : 20-25k
AC dryer: 4-6k
Compressor at itire: 8-12k depends on the seller
Receiver hose:4-5k
Discharge hose: 4-5k
Condenser: tokunbo is about 7-10k, you can buy brand new condenser, if You have enough cash.
Expansion valve:4-6k
Thermostat:3-4k

That should be about 74k, if You can afford this, then try to contact the Aircon expert on nairaland (gazzuz or mobus) either of them will help You to buy it and install it.
Please don't give any quack technician to install AC components for You, because any mistake may damage Your compressor and other components.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by gregkuika: 4:36pm On May 25, 2022
Please who knows how to set the Idle air control valve on golf 3 single point injector carburettor...The rpm goes up and down when started. Or it is giving me sign for replacement or another electric carburettor. Any good idea will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by ihimiray(m): 8:59pm On May 26, 2022
lordkenny:
Good afternoon guys. I got a VW Passat CC 2010 yesterday. Please any one with maintenance experience and recomended oils should pls advise. I'd like to the alternative common engine oil i can go for in case the recomended is unavailable.

Thank s
bro I wanna get a Passat cc...I see u have one.is it advisable to get it
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Wandeayo(m): 3:27am On May 27, 2022
TheFuckQueen:
My Volkswagen Golf 4 AC gas is leaking from the AC Dash vent.
while trying to refill it, the gas was leaking immediately. would appreciate any help i can get on how to fix it

The AC evaporator is located inside the dashboard, it needs to be replaced with brand-new evaporator, that's should be about 20-25k.
The dashboard will be brought down to access the evaporator.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Reelz: 3:48am On Jun 01, 2022
[quote author=Qwerty4u post=112925937]

Heloo Siena or Nobody ... Please l have been reading this thread since ... And now l seriously need your help.
I went out with my Audi 80 last Saturday but went to start it this Monday morning it's refused to start . It's an automatic transmission. I just got it just about a month and few weeks . It's my first and l so t know anything about cars . Just put fuel , check oil , brake fluid and transmission fluid... Plus water .. if you see this ... Reply please.I am waiting and checking if you reply . Thanks[/quote
your battery is down.. just double check..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by eduman07(m): 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2022
Hello house...
Pls am have a serious issue with my car vw fsi 2.0..
The car stops on motion and will not start.
So used a scan tool which shows this codes
1) P2540 low pressure sensor (g410) impulsive signal.
2)p1003 sensor for box (g295) signal too low
3) p2279 leak in intake system .
I do experience hard start sometimes even when engine is warm.
Please i need help and suggestions.
Has anyone experience this and how it was solve.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Cool83(m): 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2022
What's the name and purpose of this gauge that I marked, because the one on my car occasionally go down below 10. Thanks

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aieromon(m): 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2022
Cool83:
What's the name and purpose of this gauge that I marked, because the one on my car occasionally go down below 10. Thanks

It is known as the tachometer and measures the revolutions per minutes (RPM).

The tachometer shows the rotation of the engine’s crankshaft. For vehicles that have analogue dials, the danger area is marked in red. If the tachometer is driven in the red for too long, this can cause overheating, inadequate lubrication, and excessive wear on the engine. This can shorten the lifespan of the vehicle or cause the engine to fail.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/3-essential-things-to-know-about-your-car-s-tachometer

At engine idle, rpm should be 550-750 depending on the manufacturer. You have nothing to worry about.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Cool83(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2022
aieromon:

At engine idle, rpm should be 550-750 depending on the manufacturer. You have nothing to worry about.
When it's below 10, it's as if the engine is about to off
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aieromon(m): 9:52am On Jun 08, 2022
Cool83:

When it's below 10, it's as if the engine is about to off

What is the engine idle speed in RPM after 10 minutes of startup in the Park gear position?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Cool83(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2022
aieromon:

What is the engine idle speed in RPM after 10 minutes of startup in the Park gear position?

10, but it sometimes go down below 10 while driving
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by aieromon(m): 11:23am On Jun 08, 2022
Cool83:

10, but it sometimes go down below 10 while driving

What vehicle is this? Idle speed is on the high side and you run the risk of high fuel consumption. The throttle body may need to be cleaned..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by biggace(m): 12:36am On Jul 21, 2022
please i need information about Volkswagen Polo 1998
It's naija used.
Questions;
Are the parts available and most expensive replacement part if faulty?
what are the cost implications in maintaining such car?
Any peculiar issues? more info will be appreciated.thanks

Cc,AutoMoTech
Wandeayo
aieromon

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Wandeayo(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
biggace:
please i need information about Volkswagen Polo 1998
It's naija used.
Questions;
Are the parts available and most expensive replacement part if faulty?
what are the cost implications in maintaining such car?
Any peculiar issues? more info will be appreciated.thanks

Cc,AutoMoTech
Wandeayo
aieromon

I believe the part will be available at itire. Try to check if the engine is 1.6l upwards
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by biggace(m): 12:12am On Jul 22, 2022
Wandeayo:

I believe the part will be available at itire. Try to check if the engine is 1.6l upwards
thanks for your response, the engine is 1.4l
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Wandeayo(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2022
biggace:
thanks for your response, the engine is 1.4l

My present golf MK4, is also 1.4l, it's easy to maintain for me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.